Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1232 replies to this topic

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

Oh DANG, both boys! Argh! I'm sorry. I sure hope the meds work on Justie, and that both he and Tuck hop back on soon. Gosh, more than 40 partials??? I don't know whether that would drive me completely crazy, or if I would just get used to it...poor guy!

Cody is doing well. He says "I gots some chicken last nite. Not KFC but it was still good. Mom cooked it on the outside cooker thingy. I tried to steal some chicken-flavored rice stuff to go with it but Mom caught me in time. RATS!"  tongue.gif

Cody and I send lots of good positive thoughts for the boys to get back on their trains, and lots and lots of  hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  stripekitty.gif heart.gif  

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
Darn Cindy, what a couple days you've had. 40 Partials wow, poor Justice, but it sounds like he's doing better if he's out and about. Loads of prayers that it won't go any further. And I just loved what the Neuro said about Tuck. He is an amazing little guy isn't he.

I hope things are calming down and both boys get back on the train soon.

Love and hugs

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
Hi Cindy

I'm so sorry to hear the boys have been having problems with their seizures, but it's great to know Justice has no cancer. I'll keep checking in on you guys and posting pics.

Take Care
Monique'

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Oh, gosh, I thought I posted today. I don't know one day from the next. I even thought today was Wednesday...got scared for a second this AM, that I needed to get to Columbus for Tuck's neuro appt. Thankfully it was only for a second, I mean, how could I forget I was at MedVet all day?!

Tuck is at ONE DAY!!!

====================T 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ====================

Justice had a GM abt 4AM and continues having the partials off and on. He is napping at the station, waiting for his brain to stop misfiring.

======================J pp_animal_103.gif ======================

I did forget (i think. lol) to tell u guys that I met someone from the epil-k9 list (at least she used to be on it). We emailed each other several times after finding her epi's (yes plural) went to the boys neuro. The list of abt 1,000 people is totally done thru email's or digests-not like here at IMOM. Anyway, I now know 2 mom's that each have 2 epi's (besides me) that see the boys' neuro. I was so surprised when Mari brought over a young woman and introduced her as "Baby's" mom. Sadly Baby died last year, and I felt so bad for her mom when she died.
We gave each other huge hugs-we have supported each other thru a couple tough times.
Many of u guys will remember when Justice was taken off all his seizure meds cold turkey last September. U guys went thru the 3 week nightmare with me.
Well Vice (pronounced Vish) had to go thru a similar thing. The boys neuro took her "Baby" off all meds cold turkey. Now Baby didn't have GM's, but u think Justice's 40 partials are bad--her Baby would have between 100-300 partials EVERY DAY! No amount of meds were helping-Baby was getting worse. Then she was diagnosed with lymphoma. So, it was worth a try, and...Dr Fenner took Baby off all seizure meds cold turkey. She also had a rough initial time with increased partials, but then Baby had the best  months of her life, not having any partials most of the time. Dr Fenner said when she started chemo, her partials just started going away. Not a normal response-he can't figure out what happened-was it the off meds cold turkey, the chemo or the combo. But her mom, Dr Fenner, Mari and myself are just so glad Baby was able to have time to not have partials, and lead a more normal life at the end of her life. The Lymphoma took her after a few months. But I can imagine what those last few months were like for Baby and Vice--to not endure and finally watch ur kid's face finally be still, and be able to hold her and enjoy her being "normal". The partials Baby had were not severe like some of the boy's--but just having a constant tremor or twitch--how horrible.
I supported Vice during the cold turkey time, never imagining one of my boys would go thru the same thing. In fact, Vice and I talked and thought no way would he do that with my boys since they have GM's. It took over a month for the neuro to decide, and consult  abt trying it with Justice-but Justice in the end made the decision with so many GM's every day, and additional meds didn't help.
So then roles were reversed and Vice would let me know Baby went thru this or that too. It help's having someone who has been in a similar situation.
We definitely had a long hug and were so happy to meet each other.
I was especially glad that Mari brought Tuck out to me, so Vice got to meet one of the little guys she has heard so much abt. We spent abt 30 minutes together. It made my day.

I guess I am thinking so much abt that period during the withdrawal since Justice is jerking, etc. It's not nearly with the same intensity as during withdrawal, but it just makes me uneasy that this is happening.
It was one of the worst times in my life for those 3 weeks when Justice was going thru withdrawal...but it turned out to be a great decision. For 6 months just the Keppra was all he needed, then adding Felbatol...then 57 days!!
He has to come back to me!

Thanks so much Laurie, Leah, Tracy and Deb--how I wish I could give big hugs to each of u in person!! My guess is that I would be like Jacki and head straight for the kids first and give hugs, kisses, scritches, chin rubs, belly kisses, and of course chicken!!!!
Tracy, I sure haven't got used to it yet! Justice will walk and a leg just jerks once or several times, or his face starts twitching. He can be laying down and a leg jerks and then maybe another leg twitches.
My friend Vice said Baby's partials were mainly facial, but occasionally a leg would be involved. I am glad they weren't worse-she is so strong-I couldn't handle it.
Please tell Cody to keep up the good work...and eatin' that delicious chicken that mom makes.
hugs to each of u and of course the kids!

Thanks so much angels!!

P.S. Hi Monique, thanks for stopping in to check on the boys. I am SO HAPPY that Coqui just went to Happy Endings!! I am also really happy u will be staying around and keeping us UTD on Coqui, Izzy, Keira and all the family! Hugs

Edited by k9sign, 20 June 2008 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
Wow.. how awesome was that .. meeting Vice and being able to put a face with a computer screen identity.. and then being able to actually give a "real" hug to someone you've gotten so close to. I'm so glad you got to meet her face to face.

Poor Justie.. I just know he'll get back on that train soon.  It's got to be taking so much out of him. I just want to come there, hold him on my lap and cuddle with him for the longest time.  Please give him some extra belly rubs and hugs from me.

Praying hard that Tucker stays on that train and gets the speed up and keeps going a long, long way.  Hopefully, Justice will hop right back on with him.

When you were talking about Justie's cp's.. I was remembering back in the 80's when I was having them.  Complex partial seizures.  I didn't shake or fall down or bite my tongue or anything like that.. I did normal things during the time I was having them but would have absolutely no memory of having done them. I don't know if I ever told you about that time in my life.  It was just so odd, because apparently when they were happening, I knew it at the time.  The way I found out was... I had lunch with a friend one day and told her, "call me later and tell me what we talked about, because I'm not going to remember being here with you.".. told you it was strange.  And sure enough, later that evening she called to see if I was all right... I said "why wouldn't I be?" and she told me what happened.  One night, I was in the shower, and the next thing I knew it was 11:30 at night and I was at the gas station... (fully clothed thankfully). But it was scary as hell. Once, I lost two days... went to work on Thursday and came to on Saturday.  So, I could really relate to what the boys go through when this happens. It's frightening.

Cindy, thanks so very much for checking on Mike's blog and taking the time to comment there. You have no idea how much it means to me. I just can't figure out how you find the time or energy to do it. Mike's been up and down lately.. I feel like we're on a roller coaster together and I can't catch a breath on the way down... it takes my breath away sometimes.  Gidget, on the other hand, is just so darn cute (and she knows it).  She's getting so much better with her house training.. thank goodness.  It's so funny though... when she's running ahead of me to get to the door, I see this little wiggle butt just wiggling back and forth and all I could think of is Justie and Tuckie and having WBD's. LOL

Give the kids hugs from me and one for yourself too.

Love & Blessings

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Tuckie is at two days!!

==================T icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ==================

Justice had a GM again during the night, and is still having partials.
I am going to ask Niki if I can remove Justie's sutures tmw myself-it's only 3 days early and he has totally healed. Maybe they are bothering him enough to be making him break through.

UH-OH-thunder is here. Severe storms forecast. may not get back on tonight.

Joanna, thanks for the post!! hugs

Ohhhhhh poor Syd!!!!!!

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
The storm just went over, but it's still raining pretty good. Just wanted to check on you and the boys. I'm going to Syd's next. They had tornado warnings in Medina county.. I think that's where Michelle lives.  The warnings are over now.  

Praying for all of you that the storms went by fast and didn't affect the kids.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Tuck made it through the storms, but Justice was having partials during it.
Justie has already had a mild GM. He is full of meds, so I hope the rest of the night will be seizure free.

Tuck is snoring away.

Hi Joanna, at least we didn't have the tornado warnings. I guess more storms may come during the night or later in the day.
I am SO happy that Mike and Gidget are not upset by storms!
I guess u can identify with the boys with CP's!
It's so weird that sometimes they can do the same behavior (like Tuck throwing his head back several times-almost to the point of falling over backwards) and sometimes it's a partial and sometimes a CP--all depends on whether he is aware of his surroundings.
Did u just "grow out" of urs?

Well I hoped after the GM Justie would be done--but he is having partials now, and wants up on my pillow. poor baby.
I will try tmw to get some pics...esp with his Garanimals shirt on.

Thanks so much angels--gonna let Justie curl on my pillow, and hopefully both of us fall asleep!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Hi everyone,

We have had storms all day. Just when I would think it was safe to turn on the computer, the rumblings would start up again. More storms are coming...

Tuck is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=================T icecream3.gif  turtle.gif ==================

Justice is still taking a break...

===================J pp_animal_151.gif ===================

Justie has only had a couple partials today. He is active today, and came in with a muddy nose and legs. He is like a toddler-I had to take his shirt off and put on a clean one. Then I asked him not to play in the mud. Did he listen?? No! He needed another dry shirt change.
Tonight I took out his neck sutures. I am waiting until late tmw or Tuesday to take out the leg sutures. Even though he looks totally healed, the sutures are in an area that running could open them. So, they are due out Wed. anyway-but I sure would like to not have to make the trip to Columbus just for a tech to take them out.
Niki said tmw I can take out every other one, or the first and last--then give it some time for him to play and see how it looks before I take out them all (it only 4 or 5).

Tuck is beside me snoring. hehehe.
Justice is down on his "daddy's" lap, which is also a good sign. He has been up here with me or in a room by himself.

Thanks so much angels!

He seems better, but we'll see if he gets thru the night.
Posted Image

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Gee Cindy, that is so great that you guys with epis can get together and support each other.  And then to get to meet.  I wish I could do that with you too!  I am jealous!

Have been missing for a few but had a friend read so was keeping up.  I think my friend thinks I am nuts?  She may be right!

Hoping things will even out a bit for you.  Please be sure to take care of yourself.  I know you are probably like me and tend to forget yourself when you go into crisis mode.

Love and big Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack

Edited by debbie and jack, 23 June 2008 - 12:57 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Hi everyone,
we had some bad storms again today. It looked like they were further south then
Syd--I hope so!

Justice is better!!! He still isn't on the train, but he is much better.

Justice had lots of head bobbing during the night, and some today--but NO GM'S!!
The neuro said to go ahead and decrease his Felbatol back to his normal dose. WHOO-HOO!! He said the sutures may be bugging Justice enough to cause him to break through since his seizure threshold is down. I am taking his leg sutures out tmw.

Tuck is doing well! Tuckie is at FOUR DAY'S!!

=================T icecream4.gif  turtle.gif ================

I hope this is the last day Justice will be waiting at the station!

=================J pp_animal_151.gif ===================

Hi Debbie, oh boy, do I wish I could meet u too...and my Jack!!
It has started thundering again, so I need to get off. I won't have a chance to check on anyone-well I did start (I see Manuel has a new Basset-Zorro-yay!), but the thunder started, so I wanted to get the boys updated. So, I sure hope Jack and everyone is having a WBD!!!
Big hugs!

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

amysgh7

amysgh7

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Hi Cindy,
Just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking about you and the boys. Sorry I am not around much lately but I am still thinking about you!

Amy

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
Hi Cindy, sorry I haven't checked in. Been a busy weekend trying to get stuff done and then yesterday my dad had surgery and was at the hospital all day. He's doing okay though, they just put an additional wire on his defibrillator hoping to help his breathing. But last night they got him up and around and he's still having trouble breathing so they put him on oxygen. He may have to have it all the time.

I'm so happy for Tuckie, 4 days and going strong.

Poor Justice, although it does sound like he's getting better a little bit at a time, I'm sure he will be back on the train in no time. I did get the biggest laugh out of hearing how he went out and played in the mud and needed his shirt changed twice. Yep just like a toddler. He is so funny.

I'm also very happy that you got to meet Vice and so very sorry about her "Baby". God was working there in giving her the last few months of her life normal. Still its never easy to lose our babies to cancer.

We've been getting afternoon storms every day since last Friday. Saturday I was just finishing up the lawn and it started sprinkling. Got the lawn mower put away the windows on the truck rolled up and the dogs in the house and it just poured about a minute later. I call that perfect timing.

Then last night on the way home from the hospital was the best one yet. It was cloud to ground lightening and was beautiful (Yep I love storms and watching the lightening). I was lucky that by the time I got home it had pretty much calmed down. But my poor Mom got home and called me all frantic that she couldn't get out of the car because it was raining and thundering and lightening (she is petrified of storms) and poor Abby (their dog who is also petrified of storms) was out in the back yard. And Mom was so scared. I finally got her calmed a little and she decided she was going to make a run for it. What a night, I know she was tired from worrying about Dad and then to come home to this, I think was just too much for one day.

Needless to say both her and Abby are doing fine this morning although being a bit tired. Me I slept like a dead person, if we got another storm in the night I never heard it.

Hope you have dual trains to report today and the storms have subsided.

Big hugs to you and the boys

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
Hey Cindy...

I am sooooooooo happy that Tuckie's hangin' on to that train.  I just know that Justice is gonna get tired of that station and hop right on again soon too.  

We've had rain and storms almost every afternoon and night lately... well, actually more rain that storms lately, but they say it's gonna be this way for a few more days.  Absolutely beautiful in the morning and early afternoon and then rain/storms for evening and night. Oh well, we live in Ohio, and it still beats cold and snow.  I just wish it ddn't bother the furkids so much.  My kids could care less about it... boy, am I lucky for that. At least that's one thing I don't have to deal with.

Hey.. did you see the pics of Zorro?  If not, when you get a chance, visit Winster's thread. I posted some earlier today.  Manuel called me three times yesterday and then again at 8:30 this morning.. he is so very happy.. and from the sound of it... so is Zorro. wub.gif

Give the kids some belly rubs, and tell Justie it's ok to get muddy... that's what kids do!!  rolleyes.gif

Love & Blessings

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy and boys,

Yay for Tuckie and his 4 days!!  banana.gif I'm sorry Justice is still sitting on the platform at the station...I hope today is the day he will hop back on the train.

I was just getting caught up on your thread and read how you got to meet Vice. How neat is that?! I'll bet your support meant a great deal to her. It's so cool when you can meet in person someone you've been corresponding with online, and put a face with the name.

Cody is still waiting at the chuck-free chuck-wagon station, next to Justice's platform. Maybe both our little boys can hop on together?!  banana.gif

hugs.gif to all 3 of you
Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Hi everyone,
I'm having some major puter problems, and I can only borrow this puter for a few minutes.
My bro has an old refurbished mac he says I can have if I go pick it up in Columbus. I am hoping a neighbors' son can figure out what's going on with my PC.
I have never used a Mac before--so I would like my PC back.

Anyway enough of that--Tuckie is at FIVE DAY'S!!

=================T icecream5.gif  turtle.gif =================

Justice has only had a couple mild partials--so maybe tmw he will be back on with Tuck.
Both boys had a super day. Justice got his stitches out and was SO brave. They were kind of in his armpit--at least at the sensitive skin near it. He started licking his lips and we all heard a big gulp when I was trying to get the last one out-it was pretty embedded. He got a break and a treat--and then we finished. PHEW!!
So no t-shirt, harness or stitches now!!!
He played outside forever today. Tuck was out a lot too--no rain today. Tmw rain/storms start back up.

Hi Debs, I am praying for ur dad. I am glad ur mom and Abby were OK after dealing with the storm. poor things.
I hope ur dad doesn't need oxygen full time--but at least it's very portable now.
hugs to u and the kids

Hi Joanna, I've not had a chance to check for new pics of Zorro. I am so glad Manuel is so excited. His depression was very worrisome.
Hugs to u and the kids!! Thanks for helping Manuel.

Hi Tracy, oh, Cody, ya gotta get back on the chuck free wagon kiddo!! I hope u hopped on today, but if not, how abt hopping on with Justice tmw???!!!
hugs to u both!!

Marty, if u are reading this-and I know u are--can't get an email to u--so kiss the kids g'nite for me!!
hugs to the 3 of u!

Thanks so much angels!

P.S. anyone use a Mac?? Pro's? Con's? Is it worth the trip down to get it. I hate to waste the gas if it's not. He said it's a refurbished white 1GB mac.

Edited by k9sign, 24 June 2008 - 09:21 PM.

Posted Image

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Jun 24 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. anyone use a Mac?? Pro's? Con's? Is it worth the trip down to get it. I hate to waste the gas if it's not. He said it's a refurbished white 1GB mac.

Cindy I was a die hard MAC girl until my 10 year old one died a few years back and I didn't have the funds to purchase another. I WOULD have if I had them though. WAY better than PC's.  

Glad to see Tuck is hoppin' the train. Hope Justice gets back on soon!
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

If Cody can hang in there chuck-free 'til about 6AM tmw, he can hop on - hopefully with Justice?! Poor baby, I hope his seizures quit and he can get back on the train! Maybe both boys can ride together with Tuckie! I'm glad Tuck is 5 days seizure-free - that's wonderful!

I'm sorry about your computer. 'Puter problems are such a pain. It's been about 9 years since I last used a Mac, so I'm not sure how good the newer ones are. At the time I worked for a company that developed software for Macs only. I really liked them. I seemed to have a lot less problems with them than I had with my PCs, and I hear good things about Macs from other people whose opinions on computers I trust.

That's great that Justice now has his stitches out. No surprise that he was very brave smile.gif  pp_animal_568.gif

hugs.gif to the 3 of you. I hope you all have a nice quiet, relaxing night.

Leah

Leah

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 261 posts
Cindy,

Glad Tucker is staying strong, hopefully Justices brain will stop all that firing and rest and hop on board with Tuckie.  Sorry I haven't been able to check in for a while, but always thinking about you.

Computers, I was given a mac (old one) last year by my brother.  After using only PC's since the early 80's, yeah.  Now, I would never get another PC, I love my Mac...  I would check it out, probrobly worth the drive.  Also, my old one got kinda banged up by my kiddo's, laptop got dropped (long story) and screen broke so we hooked it up to another stationary screen and its been working fine, till a kiddo tripped on the cord and well, another problem.  But the other night, you all would be proud, using another laptop, reading instructions from the internet, I opened the laptop up, took it totally apart, insides out, top, bottom, shell, inards and all, lots and lots of very tiny screws.  Got it back together, NO extra screws (quite amazing I think) and cranked it up . . . YES it is working fine.

So, take a drive and if it needs something, maybe you can send it my way and I could give it the old one two.  Hopefully, it works well, for a long time.

Love to all,

Leah

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 487 posts
Cindy,

Sorry I've been gone so long - last I read, you were worried that the lumps might be cancer.  I'm thrilled to read that they are NOT!!!!!   I'm also glad Justice got his stitches out.  Maybe now he'll feel better and get back on the train.  Thrilled that Tuckie is doing so well!!!

Lots of hugs to the boys - and take care of yourself too.

Diana S

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I am so happy with the recent posts!!  Both boys are good and it sounds as if you're feeling better also!!

I myself don't have a Mac but everyone that I know that does LOVES them and wouldn't have a PC for love or money...so, I say, go for it...

Hasn't the weather been STRANGE??  Not only here but my friends in NJ and VA have been experiencing the same storms as we have...

Just wanted to check in and see how all was going...and I'm so happy it's WELL...Hugs to you all, Judy

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
I'm so happy Tuckie is still on the train. Now that the stitches are out and he's feeling better, I'm sure Justie will be right there with him.

My brother and sister-in-law have a Mac, and they're pretty satisfied with it.  The only thing I wouldn't like about it is that you can't open Windows Media Player movies on it.  There might be a way to open those to watch with another program, but I wouldn't know how.  That in itself wouldn't stop me from taking the drive to Columbus for a free Mac.

Tell both boys how proud I am of them. Justice was such a big boy getting those stitches out.. don't know if I would have gotten through it with just a "gulp".

Love You Guys

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Sounds like things are getting better for you guys.  The storms have cleared out here in MO today, so hopefully that will go your way.  However, now the searing heat begins.  I did wish for it since it is better for the horses founder problems.  Will try not to complain as I bake for the rest of the summer! rolleyes.gif

Love and Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack

ps.  Deb and Jo posted pix of Jack post-surgery on his thread and his blog.  I will put more recent ones on soon.  No, I won't but some wonderful smart computer person will.  laugh.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
I didn't make the trip to Columbus -but I probably will next week. Storms have been forecast today, and the next several days.
It's raining now and getting dark.

Tuck is at SIX DAY'S!!!

===============T icecream5.gif  1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ===============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

==================J 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ===================

Both boys are doing fine. I hope the storms don't side track anyone.

Thanks everyone with the advice abt the Mac-now I won't be so worried abt it. Free is great--but only when u can do something with it!

Thanks for all the posts-each of u is awesome, and I love reading ur posts...but don't have much puter time--and t-h-u-n-d-e-r-!!!! Hugs to each of u and the kids!!
Angels u are just the best!!

Hugs!
Posted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Both of my nephews on the train: now that is a most excellent birthday present!

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
OH wow Dual Trains YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

What a good boy Justice is getting his stitches out, I'm just so glad both boys are back on the train. I hope the storms aren't too bad, we do seem to be having a lot of them. We are supposed to get back into it tonight and pretty much all thru the weekend. Plus humid so the AC will be on. I'll be a stuffed up mess, I dont like AC but I can't stand the heat anymore either. Kind of a catch 22 here.

I'm so sorry your having puter problems. They can be a pain when they get sick. I've never used a mac so I can't help you on that one. But sounds like others like it so  I would go for it, its free.

Dad is doing great. He finally got a good night sleep and is doing much better. Still sore from the surgery but he's breathing fine. I found out after I posted that he had fluid build up during the night and that is what caused his breathing problem. So he didn't come home with oxygen he doesn't need it. Thanks so much for the prayers, they are so appreciated. I'm just glad he's doing better and this should solve his problem of being tired all the time.

As for Mom and the storms, she thinks she is jinxed. She was bringing Dad home yesterday and got to the same area where it hit the night before and it stormed again. Not as bad as the night before but still, what are the chances of that happening. Poor Mom.

Love and hugs to you and the boys.

Posted ImagePosted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
THUD! SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH !! THUD!!

That's 2 little mini schnauzers falling off the train last night. I can't say I blame them with the storms we were having. I think if I had epilepsy, I would have fallen off too!
There were several lightening strikes in our woods, and one near the barn. The crack sounds they made were unbelievable.
Even the humans here who enjoy storms were worried.

We have more storms coming later again--it will be the norm thru monday. I just hope they are not as bad as last night. I hope they weren't bad where Syd is either!
Now the boys aren't really afraid of storms-it's the barometric changes that seem to affect their seizures. But they were both scared last night. With the worst crack of lightening, Tuck who was on the bed, literally leaped ACROSS the ramp and into my arms as I was walking past the ramp closing windows since we had a gust of wind/rain and hail. He put his front legs around my shoulders and his back legs wrapped around my waist. I hugged him for a moment, but then I had to do a terribly hard thing--put him down. If u tell them "it's OK" and hold them like there is something to fear, they will learn to be scared of storms. So I held him and walked to the bed and said "Ohhh my that was a loud noise wasn't it? Let's get ur ball and play". All in a matter-of -fact voice.
I really wanted to shake myself and have the boys hold ME! LOL.

Justice had a GM while the storm was happening. Tuck had some CP's a little later.

They are doing OK seizure wise today.
But I noticed last night Tuck was squinting a little. It looked like he was just really tired. But today it's obvious that's not what is going on. He is squinting his right eye pretty badly. So he has an appt with the local vet at 4:15pm today. I would have preferred Niki check it, but she isn't in until tmw, and I think he is in discomfort. I just hope this vet has everything to check Tuck's eyes-country docs-ya never know!
Then Justice threw up his meds at 1:30pm. AY YI YI. But he is acting fine.

Hi Kay, I hoped u would see that!! They will do anything for their Aunt Kay!!! hugs

Hi Debs, glad ur dad didn't need oxygen, and ur mom is OK. Hope u are getting some rest!
I gotta go--thunder-it is here!

Thanks so much angels!!

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

I'm sorry the storms shook both both off their trains :(( I hope the upcoming storms won't be as bad as yesterday's. Hopefully both boys can hop back on today. That would be great!

I'm sorry about Tuckie's eye. I hope it's nothing serious and that the vet can find the cause and fix it with something simple.

I'm sorry Justice threw up his meds :(( I hope his tummy starts to feel better soon.

hugs.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
Tuck's eye seems OK. The vet wonders when I was using Visine tear (not the get the red out kind) this afternoon, when I thought I would need to wait to take him to Niki tmw, if I flushed something out.
His eye isn't scratched. His tear production is a lot less in the right eye. His left (normal) eye went up to 10 in less then 5 seconds. His right one just got to 10 abt 3 seconds before he stopped timing it-so much less, but still in the normal limits. Plus he had put the stain in before he decided to do that test-so the results may be off a bit. He said sometime I might want to have it rechecked to be sure-but he didn't look like a dog with dry eye (I was worried cuz his dad Gunner has dry eye). He couldn't check the pressure (I need to go to a different office for that), but he said u can usually see other signs with glaucoma. He said to use the tears a few more times, and if tmw he still is squinting, then he needs a pressure check. But he seems fine now.

Justice kept his meds down the second time, and seems fine.

Hi Tracy, thanks for thinking of us and worrying abt us. I do hope Cody went to the chuckless wagon and hopped right on!
hugs to u both!!!

Well guys, it is thundering yet again. This will be off and on thru Monday (although someone told me Sunday is spose to be nice-I hope so!).
So gotta get off.

Thanks so much angels!!!

I hope Syd is not experiemcing all these storms lately--esp the severe one's!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,118 posts
The storms have passed...for a few hours. The boys got thru it...so far.

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

================T 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ================

Justice sis at ONE DAY!!!

================J 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ================

G'nite, and thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users