Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1232 replies to this topic

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 13 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The boys are snoozing. Tuck is on the recliner, and Justice has his leg over my leg while he is sleeping.

I have been trying to deal with just a couple medical issues at a time with the boys. HA! At least the more serious issues.
Now that Tuck is OK liver-wise, he has another issue I need to deal with. Thankfully not life-threatening, but a frustrating problem- as those of u that have pets with allergies can attest to! Tuck has been licking his legs/hips, body ever since he started the levo-thyroxine (thyroid med) a few months ago. I have said something to the vet and the neuro, but with all his allergies, everyone assumed it was environmental. Last night he just was going crazy with the licking (and making me crazy too--poor Tuck). So, I picked up the phone and left a VM for his dermatologist/allergist, explaining what has been happening. So, what we are doing (approved by the vet), is taking him off the thyroid medication for abt 2 weeks (until he sees the allergist at the end of the month).
If in the 2 weeks the licking resolves, or at least really improves, we will know he is allergic (possibly to the dye or a filler), and will hunt for a thyroid medicine that doesn't have dye in it. If there is no change in the licking, then it's most likely something in his food. A food allergy will be tough. With Tuck being on Potassium Bromide, I have to find a food with a similar chloride level as he is on now. I also want a food without any fish/fish oil in it...and that is hard to find. Tuck is fine with fish, but Justice isn't, and since there could be a mistake happen with who gets what food, or some dropped--I want to protect Justice too.

Justice had some head bobbing this eve. He is doing OK now.

Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!!

=============T icecream2.gif  turtle.gif =============

Hi Debbie, I am glad u are visiting Amy. I know a couple weeks ago, there were a couple things with jack u wanted her to check. I am glad at least on the "outside" that Jack looks good, and we will pray all is well on the "inside" too.
He is a helluva trooper...as are u Debbie!
Hugs to u and jack!

Hi Debs, I am so sorry this is Spikes 2 year RB day. I know how much u miss him.
Thanks for checking in on the boys today.
Hugs to u and the kids. I know Spike is watching over u.

Vicky lost her Moose today. My heart breaks for her... broken_heart.gif

Thanks so much angels, for making sure Tuck and Justice are safe.

Hi Cindy

I am so happy Tucker's test results were normal and that Justice is now fully sponsored, that is so great!!!!!!!!!!.....Now I'm just waiting for no seizures for both of them...

I forgot to tell you, Eliza my oldest daughter has decided to study zoology. She will be going to the University of Ky or Western Kentucky University this fall. She wants to specialize in big cats. While I like cats, I'm more of a dog person, so she didn't get that from me. We are going to visit a big cat santuary before she starts schools, I think they have one here.

and here is a new picture of Keira, we just took it last night. You guys take care and I'll check in on you guys again.

Talk to you soon
Monique'

Attached Files

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
I *think* both boys made it through the night. I know Tuck did at least....
I came to bed before everyone else, and I called Justice, but he was sound asleep down in a bed downstairs. So, I asked that when they came to bed, if they would bring Justice. I left my door open in case Justice came up earlier. Well abt 2:30AM I hear barking/whining. I knew it was Justice, but I was woken from a sound sleep, and couldn't figure why it sounded far away. Then I remembered when I saw my open door. I went to the hall, and Carol and David's door was shut-so I knew they went to bed and forgot Justie was downstairs.  I called for Justice and he came running up the stares all wild-eyed, like mommy I woke up and it was dark and scary and no one was here-so I had to bark and protect everyone. Poor munchieface.
So, he went to bed for the rest of the night...no seizures.

They're OK today.

I have a low jet engine in my ear, so the inner ear disease is staring to flare up again. It's from not getting much sleep the past week with Justice's seizures.
So, I may not be back on later.

I hope later that Tuck is at 3 days, and Justie at 1...

Hi Monique', how cool-zoology!!!You'll have to let me know what the cat sanctuary is like.
Keira has the biggest, sweetest grin. She looks like a very lovable child...and adorable too--of course!!
Hugs to u and all the family!

Thanksso much angels!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuck is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=============T icecream3.gif turtle.gif =============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J 1icecream.gif turtle.gif =============

Thanks so very, very much angels!!!!

g'nite!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Just a quick update today-
The boys are doing pretty well.
No seizures!!! pp_animal_568.gif

They send wiggle butts to everyone!

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
Woo hoo!!!! I see Justice is fully sponsored, both boys are back on the train and things are looking up.

banana.gif  banana.gif YES!!! banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif

Kat - the guys with the butterfly nets stopped by but they were chased off by Gaylin, the foster who is currently residing at Camp Spoiled Royals.  I don't think they'll be heading your way as Gaylin gave him a piece of his mind and told them to go away and stay away. hee hee

Cindy,  I don't think I told everyone how super adorable Tucker was the other day, I kept meaning to post, but for some reason, I seem to keep getting further & further behind.  Anyway - Tucker is a sweetheart, he looks like, if the mood were to hit him, he could speak right up and have a conversation with you. Some dogs (and cats) just look like they have an extra spark of intelligence behind those eyes and Tucker has that look.  The next time I see Justice, I'm going to have to check out his eyes, he mostly only has eyes for Mom but I'm going to have a chat with him and see. lol

Gotta run, but know that I'm thinking of you and I know you'll figure out the allergy thing.

Pat

lara

lara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
happydance.gif So happy things are going good for the boys!!
We are so happy they got  the funds you needed. Daisy sends her love beagle.gif
Let me know A little more about what kind of dog food you are feeding, I work for a feed store for Land O Lakes Purina and I am going to a class on the 24 25 26 of this mounth in St. Louis. There are alot of dog foods for dogs with allergys. Is there alot of corn in your dog food? That causes alot of itching. Also dog foods with lanb and rice seem to do real good for dogs with alergys. Let me know what kind of dog food you use and I will talk to Purina for you. Have you asked the vet if the meds cause this. Let me know what you know I can help you with this.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuck is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

============T icecream4.gif turtle.gif ============

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!!

============J icecream2.gif turtle.gif ============

Tuck has been racing around making toys giggle, or squeak, or talk. He LOVES noisy toys!  LOL.
Justice is still a quiet little boy. He is having more hair thinning--but he is still being weaned off the Budesonide. He has also been having a problem with his left rear leg. When he is walking , or running (becuz of a chipmunk or some critter), he is holding his leg up off and on. I guess steroids can make ur muscles weak, and since he has the iatrogenic Cushings Disease, that really makes muscles weak. It's not improving, so I made an appt down in Columbus with Niki, to check his leg on Wednesday. He had a problem with a knee awhile back. Plus she wants to check to see if his liver seems enlarged, or any of the other things that happen with Cushings.

Hi Pat, sounds like Gaylin is a good little guy to have around!!LOL.
Aw thanks, Tuck is certainly a sweetheart. I think u will most likely find that Justice has a sweet inquisitive look in his eyes-he wants to please, but is also very intelligent. Tuck (to me) has almost an old soul look to him-although he is the comedian and his spirit is certainly not old.LOL.
Hugs to u and the SR's!!!

Thanks so much angels!

Posted Image

lara

lara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
happydance.gif We are sooo happy things are sounding good for you!!
Also so happy they got the funds they needed! Daisy sends out a RUFF RUFF! beagle.gif
I also would like to help you with the itching problem. I work for a Land O Lakes Purina feed store. Let me know what kind of dog food you feed, a lot of dog foods have a lot of corn in them that cause itchy skin, and there are a lot of foods that have lamb and rice that is good for dogs with allergies. I am going to a class on the 24 25 26 of this month and if I can't help you I will ask them for you. Let me know what you feed and what the vet says about the meds he is on if that causes it.
Sending lots of love
Lara

PS Sorry my computer did its normal HA going to mess with you! LOL didn't think my last post posted.

Edited by lara, 15 March 2009 - 08:47 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
QUOTE (lara @ Mar 15 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happydance.gif So happy things are going good for the boys!!
We are so happy they got  the funds you needed. Daisy sends her love beagle.gif
Let me know A little more about what kind of dog food you are feeding, I work for a feed store for Land O Lakes Purina and I am going to a class on the 24 25 26 of this mounth in St. Louis. There are alot of dog foods for dogs with allergys. Is there alot of corn in your dog food? That causes alot of itching. Also dog foods with lanb and rice seem to do real good for dogs with alergys. Let me know what kind of dog food you use and I will talk to Purina for you. Have you asked the vet if the meds cause this. Let me know what you know I can help you with this.

Hi Lara, thanks for the offer to help. Well, Tuck (and Justice) right now are on Natural Balance sweet potato and venison--which is an allergy diet. With Tuck being on Potassium Bromide, we have to find a food that is low in chloride (most food has 40-50 of chloride, but it should be in the 20's or lower), and has no fish in it of any kind (that's really hard--most foods have some kind of fish oil or fish meal somewhere in the ingredients). I hope since it's an allergy diet, that it isn't the issue. They are allergic to lamb and fish. So...it's kind of complicated. LOL.
It will take abt 2 weeks to know if it's the thyroid medication causing all this licking. He will see the allergist on the 31st, and if he is the same--it means it's not the medication-and we'll go from there.
Please give gentle hugs to Daisy. Hugs to u both!!
LOL I saw both posts!! Thanks!!!

Thanks so much angels!!!

Edited by k9sign, 15 March 2009 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image

lara

lara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Sounds like you are on the right track. I could almost bet its the meds. But I will take a look at the foods we have and check it out for you. Is there corn or corn meal in natural balance?
Lara

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 661 posts
Kat - the guys with the butterfly nets stopped by but they were chased off by Gaylin, the foster who is currently residing at Camp Spoiled Royals. I don't think they'll be heading your way as Gaylin gave him a piece of his mind and told them to go away and stay away. hee hee

Pat - Unfortunately the net guys showed up here again.  Maggie chased them up the tree this time and she is awaiting instructions from Gaylin or any of the Spoiled Royals as to what she should do next.

Cindy -

The crew are so happy that Justie is FULLY SPONSORED again!!!!  WOOHOO!!!! And that both boys are on that train!  

I am hoping the low jet roar has subsided for you, too.  

Hugs to all!
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
QUOTE (lara @ Mar 15 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like you are on the right track. I could almost bet its the meds. But I will take a look at the foods we have and check it out for you. Is there corn or corn meal in natural balance?
Lara

Lara - you might want to take a look at the Natural Balance website, you can use Google to locate them, but here is a list of the ingriendents in NB Sweet Potatoe & Venison Dog Food: Sweet Potatoes, Venison, Venison Meal, Potato Protein, Canola Oil, Potato Fiber, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Choline Chloride, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Folic Acid

The website also shows the % analysis of the ingredients.  

You will find that there are three schools of thought when it comes to dog food - people are either passionate about what they feed their dogs or they are indifferent - dog food is dog food, or they find a middle ground and feed a brand they trust.  There are entire groups and forums dedicated to discussing what people should feed their pets. The "passionate" folks either have a particular brand of dog food they prefer, feed raw, or do homemade. The indifferent purchase whatever is on sale and don't give it a second thought and the middle of the road people are happy as long as their pets do well on the brand they are feeding. I don't have a clue who is right or even if any are right.  You can also do a Google search and find side by side comparisons of different pet foods, their ingredients and reported nutritional value. The amazing thing to me is that whichever group you fall into - all of the pets seem to do well once the pet owner finds a brand they are comfortable with.

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
QUOTE (TigresMeow @ Mar 15 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pat - Unfortunately the net guys showed up here again. Maggie chased them up the tree this time and she is awaiting instructions from Gaylin or any of the Spoiled Royals as to what she should do next.

The SR's & Gaylin discussed this at length, if the net guys are willing to promise to go away and stay away - they feel Maggie should allow them to leave.  If they won't commit to disappearing the whole pack will be over to relieve Maggie - they are happy to take shifts and starve the net guys into submission! LOL

Pat

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Sorry, just a brief update--The boys both fell off the train last night--but thankfully with just mild seizures. Both are OK today.
Not sure if I'll be back later-but I hope so.

Thanks everyone for posting, I'll try and reply later-Pat tahnsk for getting the info!!

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
Thinking of you all and hoping everyone is back on the train.  Callie's on and she wants you to join her.  Hope you are feeling better, Cindy.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Juli

Leah

Leah

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 261 posts
Cindy just checking in on you and the boys and hoping all is well

Leah

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
The boys made it through the night!

Tuck is at ONE DAY!!

============T 1icecream.gif turtle.gif ============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!

============J 1icecream.gif turtle.gif ============  

I'm going to rest the evening, in hopes I can take Justice to Columbus tmw for an appt with Niki. He is really concerning me, and I want to make sure that it's only the iatrogenic Cushings that we are dealing with.
My jet engine/vertigo are gone, but feeling shaky today. But, I should be OK for tmw. I'll feel better knowing Justice is OK

Hi Juli, Hey Callie--the boys wanted to be with u, so they hopped back on!! They love their kitty cousins!! Juli, I am so glad Callie is back on the train too--one less stress-eh? Big hugs to u and the kitties!!

Hi Leah, I am glad Cole is doing so great! Thanks for checking on the boys!
hugs to u both.

I will update after getting back from Columbus tmw.

Thanks so very much angels!!
Posted Image

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
We'll be keeping Justice in our prayers for tomm Cindy. I really hope they can get all this resolved for the poor little guy soon. Sorry I haven't been posting more. My computer is dead ... my brother is "making" me a new one so I had to borrow one of his for now.  

You are ALWAYS in our hearts and thoughts though. I told Syd that Justice needs puppy prayers... so hopefully hers will work too !
hugs.gif
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

lara

lara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Hello just checking in to see how you and the boys are. I am hoping you are feeling better. You have really done you home work on dog food, I have customers all day that have problems, and I wish they knew as much as you do. That is where we are told to start with people, is what are the ingredients? Because like you said, some people think dog food is dog food. But some dogs have more needs than others, and that is where you need to start, is what is missing in the food you feed, what does your dog need. And as a Purina dealer, I of course am supposed to say try this Purina brand, but sometimes that is not the best. I didn't say that! LOL. I can say that the I do trust Purina, they do thousands of test on what they put in their foods, and their standards are very high. But not the same things are good for every dog. Like I said, you are on the right track, and I think what you are feeding is the best for your situation. I have had people all week coming in with the same problem ITCHY and dry skin. Another thing is flees and ticks, I don't know about where you live but they are already so bad here for us. I use front line and already I do see a flee here and there, and ticks. So who's knows what the right way is and the wrong way. That is why I chose this job, because at least I know what I am reading when I look at ingredients,and can go from there. But in you situation I would first start with the meds, because you have done all you can do with the kind of food you feed. You are doing a wonderful job, keep it up but don't let your health go bad, you get better lady. Sending lots of prayers for you and the boys. wink.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuck is doing fine. Justice had a GM last night, but is doing OK today.

We just got home from Columbus. We did some labs, but I won't get results until Friday since Niki isn't at the hospital tmw. I was concerned that Justice's leg isn't getting better, but thankfully his knee hasn't changed from last year when the kneecap was loose. So, she thinks it's a soft tissue injury that just is taking awhile to heal becuz of the grand mals Justice is having. He can jerk pretty badly during some GM's, and has been sore afterwards at times. Niki also was doing some neuro exams and she saw the trembling/tremors in his back legs. She said that would also keep Justice sore. She wondered if the neuro had seen the tremors, but he hasn't since he hasn't seen him since all the Cushings symptoms started. She isn't sure if it's a kind of partial seizures or from weakness due to the Cushings. I am pretty certain it's from weakness.
Justice had the steroid today, and his last dose will be on Saturday. I just want to have Justice back again!!

Hi Michelle, I had read abt ur computer--it sucks..but nice your bro can work with puters! I wonder if u still are having a problem with staying logged in, now that u are on a diff computer?? I hear storms are forecast this eve. I always think abt u, Syd and Charlie when it's going to storm (I think of u other times too--just worry more for the kids with storms!). Big hugs!!!!

Hi Lara, I really appreciate all the help u have given.I really hope it's the med (easier to fix!) making Tuck itch. I am in Ohio, and we are having unseasonably warm weather--but at night it's in the 30's--so I haven't seen any fleas or ticks. But since Justie had his heartworm test today, I will start him on preventative HW and prob the frontline too.
Please give Daisy Mae some gentle hugs. I feel bad for u having to keep her quiet--she is gonna be a handful. LOL.
big hugs!!

I am really tired, and not sure if I will make it back this eve becuz of the storms.
I hope Tuck will be at 2 days.

Thanks so very much angels!!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!!

=============T icecream2.gif turtle.gif =============

Tuck is snoozin' on the recliner in my room. He is all stretched out with his head hanging over the arm. Silly boy!!

Justice is still just not feeling well. He wants held for awhile, but then he just wants to be alone. He tries to bury himself in one of the doggie beds, and just sleeps. Niki says it's the Iatrogenic Cushings causing him to just want to sleep. His muscles are weak too. It's amazing one medication that was helping him so much with the IBD, is now making him so sick...

Storms are coming tonight.

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,564 posts
Hi Cindy,

Catching up on the boys - I'm sorry that Justice is still not feeling well :( Poor boy. That's great about Tuckie's 2-day train, tho. LOL, I can just imagine him all stretched out with his head hanging over the arm of the recliner. I've had kitties that would do similar. They looked so silly smile.gif

Cody and I are sending lots of healing thoughts for Justice. We hope he will join Tuckie on the train soon.

hugs.gif to you all,
Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuck has his front paws on the window sill, while his back paws are on the arm of the recliner as he looks out the window. Carol and david are outside near the barn, and Tuck is watching. He also hopes he sees one of those LBK's , so he can bark his head off. The barn cats are now 7 1/2 months old, and wanting to explore more. The puppers don't appreciate it. LOL.

Justice is still in sick bay. He is sleeping next to me. Not better, but not worse.

Hi Tracy, isn't it funny the positions cats and dogs get into?? Sometimes I move one of their heads, becuz it looks so uncomfortable to ME. Then they move right back to that position. U would think they would wake up with cricks in their necks. LOL.
Please keep the healing thoughts coming for Justice. He is worrying me. I wish he would play in this beautiful weather. By now, he should have needed to be taken to the tub a few times for digging and getting filthy. We have tried to break him of digging, and now, I would like nothing more then to see him digging, and needing  bath. Hugs to u both!

My darn ear is acting up again. It's not too bad at this point, but if it gets worse quickly, I may not be back tonight.
I hope Tuck will be at 3 days and Justie at 1. HOPE. HOPE. HOPE...

Thanks so very much angels!

Posted Image

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
Cindy, I wanted to tell you how happy we were to see that both the boys are fully sponsored again, I know you must also be so thankful! Hug them for me!
Tammy

Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
Oh no Cindy, I'm so sorry all this is going on. I hope its the meds that is making Tuckie itch. I've changed the boys food and they are still itching too although not as bad. They are on benedryl but it doesn't seem to be working perfectly. I was hoping with the change of food that it would stop and I could take them off of it.

Poor Justice, I hope that he gets out of sick bay soon. That Cushings doesn't sound very pleasant and I hope his joints aren't aching too bad.

I just saw your post to Debbie on Facebook. Sneaky you trying to dig up dirt on me huh LOL. Debbie is Lexi's Mom, she was a PIN on here. she had bladder control problems and needed surgery (Lexi not Debbie)

I hope the boys are better soon those dual trains sure looked nice last week and I hope they resume again.

Love and hugs to all of you

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Hey Cindy...

Just stopped in to check on you and the boys. I am so very sorry that Justie is having so many problems... and you too. My gosh... things have been such a roller coaster for you. I just pray that everything gets better soon... that the jets stay out of your ears and sweet little Justice gets his energy back.

Things are pretty status quo here.... just worried about you guys.

Give the boys some belly rubs from me and nose kisses from the Westies.

Sending you healing prayers.

Love You
Joanna, Mike & Gidge

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuck is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=============T icecream3.gif turtle.gif =============

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=============J 1icecream.gif turtle.gif  =============

Tuck is licking his legs <sigh>--no change since taking him off the thyroid med--but it can take 2 weeks to know. Frustrating though!

Justice is napping.

Hi Tammy, thanks for checking on the boys. Oh, my, yes, I am beyond thankful the boys are fully sponsored. The angels have always wrapped their wings around both boys to keep them safe...and thankfully more angels have been added-to make sure there are no empty spaces. We are so blessed! hugs

Hi Deb, I just answered Debbie on FB. I hope it's the right Lexi I talked abt. LOL. I am hoping she is "Lexi's grandma".
I can only use Tavist for the boys allergies--but it hasn't done that much good. I wish I could use benadryl for the boys--but it lowers the seizure threshold. Justice has started itching the past couple days--things are blooming early. I am sure since the Budesonide is causing the Iatrogenic Cushings, that being it's a steroid-it was really helping his allergies.  Poor Justice, I hadn't even thought abt how his allergies will be now. It does make me sad to see how Justice is feeling.
hugs to u and the kids!

Hi Jo, I am glad things are status-quo, and not any worse. I hope u are doing well too. I think of u all soo often.
I haven't been to the blog for abt a week-I usually pop in. So, I need to see if there is an update on all u guys!!
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am just so worried abt Justice...
hugs to u and the kids!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuck is doing fine. In fact he is trying to take a bite out of the vacuum while Carol sweeps. I ask him to sit/stay while I vacuum, and he is a good boy. Carol acts exasperated when he tries to go after the vacuum, but I keep telling her what to do, and she doesn't--so I think she secretly enjoys him being silly like that.

Justice is still very quiet and sleeping. He went out for a few minutes today, but came back in and got in bed. I haven't heard yet from Niki abt his labs.
Last night he started pacing and whining. I took him outside a few times, but he didn't need to go. I gave him some sublingual meds in hopes it would prevent a seizure, and I held him for a long time. He finally fell asleep, and slept thru the night-without seizures.

I hope to be able to get back on later.

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
Tuckie is snoozing and snoring beside me. He had a busy day since it was "cleaning day" downstairs. All the toys need to be put away so the family room can be vacuumed. Well... u put a toy away...he gets another one out. He'll even sneak around the other side of the recliner downstairs (the basket is behind the recliner), and get some out--while the human is on the opposite side. He also will grab toys and run with them up to my room. So, the small toy box in my room is quite full tonight. LOL.

Tuckie is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

=============T icecream4.gif turtle.gif =============

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!!

=============J  icecream2.gif  turtle.gif  =============

Justice is the same. His labs came back (in fact I just got them abt 10PM), and everything looks good. The only test way off was his CK (also known as CPK), and normal is 20-200. Justice's was over 300. BUT, no worries. It is a test for the heart and other muscle problems. When u have been sick or doing strenuous exercise, among other things--it is elevated. Justice had the seizure earlier that AM, and not only that, Niki said with the amount of tremors in his back legs--well it's not surprising it was high. So, everything else was good. His blood glucose was 99 (and he wasn't fasting)-so we aren't worried abt diabetes with all the drinking. It looks like all this is either from Iatrogenic Cushings...or actual Cushings.
I keep asking when Justice will be Justice again--u know, when will he be a "stinker" again. He will get his last dose of Budesonide in the AM--so I want to know when (if it's the Budesonide causing the Cushings) he will be better.
The hair thinning will take weeks and sometimes months to grow in normal--so I can't use that as a barometer of how he is doing. Apparently the muscle tremors and fatigue will take awhile to improve too. So, the only thing I can gauge him with immediately is the water consumption. So now everytime someone is at the water bowl, I am watching to see if it's Justice. He is so obvious at the bowl though...the lapping of water goes on forever. We even have had company that has stopped to see who was drinking like that. I *think* he may be drinking a little less. Yesterday I saw his drink for a normal amount of time--of course later he drank like a camel again.

Gotta let the boys out, and give meds.

Thanks so very much angels!!!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,875 posts
The boys are hanging in there. Tuck has played with toys several times. Justice was a little more active this AM, but then I am guessing his last Budesonide (steroid) dose kicked in, and he is back to sleeping away from everyone.
They both made it through the night seizure free, and Justice never got up to drink water during the night.  pp_animal_568.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks so much angels!!

wbd3.jpg
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users