Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1232 replies to this topic

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
We are fine. Izzy has been doing well. She is doing a little play at the Lexington's Children's Theater this month called the Watson's go to Brimingham. Her health is still stable. She has a endoscope and biopsy coming up next month, but so far she is staying stable. We are having a hard time keeping up with what triggers her because it seems her reactions to different things come on so fast, it's rough. But she is a tough young lady. My older daughter is getting ready to graduate and plans on going to WKU and my son is in college now studying art. He finally realizes, 20 with a baby and no education is not a good idea if he wants the best for his daughter. He married my grandbaby's mom in September and she is now starting school also..We are all together and making sure everyone is doing what they need too...  

My Pancho is doing great. Just a big old bed baby. He struggled for a long time without Coqui. He loved wishbone but she was older when he came along and didn't play with him so much. But her loss and Coqui's a month later did bother him. He was depressed, just laid down and slept most of the day. But when Keira started getting around better, he became her walker and seemed to snap back. He jumps his 100lb self in my bed and starts snoring everynight before I do.

I haven't gone back through your links for Tucker and Justice, but if wouldn't mind just updating me to them, I always thought about you guys....I could never forget the kindness of IMOM and you and others to me. I really wish I could take care of your pups meds myself every month, who knows oneday I might. But for now, I will get no less then the $5 to Justice every month. I'll have to mail it as I don't use a checking account or my debit card except for my mortgage right now. Everything else I just pay in person or send a money order. Keeps me from messing up and bouncing anything.

Anyway, I will get that out tonight...And I'll get it out the first of every month to you guys....

Talk to you soon
Monique

Attached Files

Edited by Isadora3, 10 March 2009 - 05:16 PM.

FemGeek

FemGeek

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 330 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 6 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are there any angels in there??

Can u bees an angel sponsor, and helps me gets my seizure medicine??

Tank u verrrrry muchness!
Love,
Justice

Okay, I can never resist that picture! :-)  (Though it doesn't look like it came through in the quote, for some reason...?)  Dunno if I can sponsor Justice on a regular basis, but I just sent in $60.  I THINK that should give him enough for his next round of meds.  Let me see how the next couple of paychecks pan out, and maybe I can do a little more...

Roberta
http://chancethecollie.blogspot.com/

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
Cindy

My whole household is throwing in cash, we have collected $30 for Justice....It's been mailed and hopefully IMOM will get it by Friday or Saturday....I'm committing to the $5 a month for him but I'm aiming for it to be more every month. I'm going to ask my big sis too, she knows how much you all helped me.

Talk to you soon
Monique

Edited by Isadora3, 10 March 2009 - 06:01 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
WOW!! WOW!!! Oh, thank u Monique and family, and Roberta!!!
Justice WILL have enough for me to order his meds next week.
You guys are awesome. I am just so happy, and it feels like a huge weight has been taken off me.
I have to go tell everyone and do a happy dance with the boys. I will be back.

OMG, this is awesome. U guys ROCK!!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
OH, this is soooooooo exciting, lets play now Justice!!
Tank u vewwwwy muchness for helping my brother gets his medicine!!!
Tank u vewwwy muchness to my newest angels fur helping me!!

Attached File  DSCN0071.JPG   346.09K   10 downloads

WE LOVE YOU ALL!!
Posted Image

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
[quote name='k9sign' date='Mar 10 2009, 07:24 PM' post='86791']
OH, this is soooooooo exciting, lets play now Justice!!
Tank u vewwwwy muchness for helping my brother gets his medicine!!!
Tank u vewwwy muchness to my newest angels fur helping me!!

Attached File  DSCN0071.JPG   346.09K   10 downloads

WE LOVE YOU ALL!!

/quote]

Glad we can be of help now. Like I said, I would never forget what IMOM and you did for me and Coqui. I e-mailed my sis and niece asking them to help too. I gave them the information to send a check out. I know my sis will, just talked to her. It is our pleasure, we have to keep those babies healthy.

Monique'

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
Hi Pat, hehehe -u said Kat put u up to it-huh? U could have these guys in the white jackets running all over the place too--from u to Kat's, and back and forth!LOL.
We are getting thunder rumblings, but the strong thunderstorms are supposed to start abt 2AM to 4AM. I am hoping all the running will calm the boys brains and they don't break through. It's a double whammy--the full moon too!
Thanks for the running for the boys!!!! hugs

Hi Monique'--well the family seems to be doing great. I am so glad Izzy is staying stable. It is a frustrating disease when ya just want to be a teenager...and when mom just wants her daughter healthy.
I am glad ur older daughter and son are going to keep up their studies.
U have brought them up well!
Pancho sounds like a wonderful love bug...and companion for Keira!
I love the pics. Soooo adorable!
Tears streamed down my face when I read what u wrote, abt ur whole household throwing in cash-- and u all collected $30. Teenagers and young adults helping too--I am blown away with their kindness. Please tell them that Justice will get his life saving seizure meds for next month becuz of their help, along with the other angels. It may buy enough time for Justice to be fully sponsored again!!
You know--they are Justice's angels now too!!!
Blessings to u and the family.
I'll do a quick recap soon. I will have some important lab results back on Tucker Thursday--so I can include what's up with both boys.

Angels, if u don't know Monique'--she had a wonderful PIN pupper named Coqui, who also was an epileptic. Monique and I connected quickly, since we knew what each other was going through. She also has a young daughter (gosh is she abt 14 or 15 now??) with an illness that requires her to go thru some of the same procedures I do--so I understood a bit of what Monique and Izzy were going through.
Sadly Coqui went to RB. It was indeed a sad day for Monique's family...and me too.
I never would have believed that a former PIN parent, would be able to come back and help another PIN. It makes my heart swell to know that Monique is helping Justice-- so many PIN parents say they will come back and become donors and sponsors--but never do.
Monique--u are beyond awesome!
Thank you so much!! Hugs to u and the family!!

Hi Roberta, well this is just so odd. I haven't heard from Monique for quite some time...and the same with u!! You both come to help my little Justice on the same day! This has been an emotional day with Justice being so sick...and the doc now will be able to hopefully help...and now Monique and u helping! I am an emotional wreck right now. LOL. But it's a good wreck!!!
Wow! what an incredible one time donation, Roberta. Not only will he have enough for this next med shipment, but there will be some to put on the order after that.
U have been such a good friend--and now to do this. I am just so grateful. Hugs to u and all the furkids!!

Thanks so much to all the angels --past, present and future!!!

Edited by k9sign, 10 March 2009 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
Glad we can be of help now. Like I said, I would never forget what IMOM and you did for me and Coqui. I e-mailed my sis and niece asking them to help too. I gave them the information to send a check out. I know my sis will, just talked to her. It is our pleasure, we have to keep those babies healthy.
Monique'

Ohhhh, Monique, I am gonna have a sinus headache from all this crying tonight--all from pure hope and love. It's worth it though!!
Thank ur sister and niece for me (now they are angels too!!). Justice may have enough now for 2 months of medicine!!
Thank u, and all ur family for helping Justice! WOW!!!
Hugs

Angels--u all are the best. Bless u all!!

Posted Image

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
HI Cindy

Thanks for the kind words..You really helped me with Coqui and it was appreciated and never will be forgotten. I slipped away because it killed me to think about Co and it still hurts to think about my baby but something just pushed me to log on and check on you and the babies. Like I said, you were often in my thoughts and Iz had asked me a few weeks ago if I checked on T and J....  

You don't worry, Justice will have his meds and we are going to help as much as we can...

Monique'

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
QUOTE (Isadora3 @ Mar 10 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI Cindy

Thanks for the kind words..You really helped me with Coqui and it was appreciated and never will be forgotten. I slipped away because it killed me to think about Co and it still hurts to think about my baby but something just pushed me to log on and check on you and the babies. Like I said, you were often in my thoughts and Iz had asked me a few weeks ago if I checked on T and J....  

You don't worry, Justice will have his meds and we are going to help as much as we can...

Monique'

I can understand why it would be so hard to come back, becuz it's so hard to think abt Coqui having seizures, and being sick. You just want to think abt the joyful times with Co. That makes it even more touching that u came back--even just to check in...but now to become a donor angel for my little guy...it's so special. Oh, goodness, it touches me that Izzy asked abt the boys!
I loved Coqui...and I felt honored to be a part of her life, and ur family too. We were 2 mom's of epi's--and we knew what each other was going through. I am glad u felt the support from me--it was always sent with love.
Again, thank u!

Thanks so much angels!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
The boys are snoozing. Justice has slept most of the day. I can't wait until he is totally weaned off the Budesonide...so at least we will know if it's the drug causing all the symptoms.

We have severe storms coming. I am so glad they are supposed to be over before I need to leave in the AM. It will be quite windy for the drive to Columbus...but at least not wind and storms!!

Tuck is hungry!!! It's a good thing that I am leaving before the puppers breakfast--he would go nuts!! He will get breakfast abt 10AM at MedVet...then he will be quite happy!!

Thanks so much angels!!

g'nite!
Posted Image

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
This is to introduce Rico. I don't know if you met him. My dau-in-law loved dogs but was scared to own one since they tended to live in the country and her dogs got killed by coyotes, etc. I convinced her that she was in the city and that Keira should have a puppy to grow with. Well, her aunt's chihuahua had puppies and she finally agreed to get one. At first she didn't want to get attached, but now she has Keira and her baby brother as we call him, Rico...He is soon to be a year old. And turns out, him and Pancho have become best buddies too...I was able to take some pics of him and my beautiful Co before she died..I'm glad i did.

Attached Files

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 672 posts
Those dang butterfly nets showed up at my house!!  Thanks, Pat.  tongue.gif  

They didn't catch me tho, they were amazed at my tree climbing dog and just stood under the tree and stared.  So I was able to keep on running!

This is what I look like now. . . . roll.gif
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

lara

lara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Hows it going just checking in to see how your visit went. Sending all prayers your way.
LOTS OF HUGS TO YOUR FURBABIES
LARA

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
Hoping for a good vet report - and sending lots of hugs to you and the boys!
Vicky & everyone at the zoo

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
Tuckie was such a good boy having his blood drawn twice. After the first draw, Mari let me feed him in the waiting room, and then Tuck just snoozed on my lap, for abt 2 hours. Then Mari took him back for the second blood draw.
PatIMOM came the second hour with her little "Punkin", her 3.5lb Pom--oh, my what a doll!!! A little while after they were there, Punkin barked. I wish u could have seen Tuck's reaction...I don't think he knew Punkin was a dog. He probably thought it was a stuffed toy! LOL.
Thanks Pat and Punkin!!!

Tuck is doing OK--no seizures last night!!!! motimonkey.gif
Justice had some partials during the night. I was told he went outside today, briefly. Still sleeping most of the day.

Hi Monique', LOL, that pic of Coqui is just too precious!! I am sooo glad u have the pic, and can remember and smile when u see them together. Keira has 2 pupper protectors-a big dog and wee dog--Pancho and Roce. HOW CUTE!!!
Thanks for sharing Rico too (esp with Coqui)!! Hugs

Hi Kat, u and Pat are just sooo silly--and I am so glad!! banana.gif
Well, keep that "tree climbing dog" around for when u see butterfly nets. hehehe.
Thanks!  Hugs!

Hi Lara, I am so happy Daisy Mae finally was able to have her surgery today!! It sounds like all went as well as it possibly could!! banana.gif
Tuck didn't see the neuro, but just went for a Bile Acids test. I will know tmw if his liver is functioning better. Cross fingers and paws!!! Hugs!!

Thanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
Tuckie was such a good boy having his blood drawn twice. After the first draw, Mari let me feed him in the waiting room, and then Tuck just snoozed on my lap, for abt 2 hours. Then Mari took him back for the second blood draw.
PatIMOM came the second hour with her little "Punkin", her 3.5lb Pom--oh, my what a doll!!! A little while after they were there, Punkin barked. I wish u could have seen Tuck's reaction...I don't think he knew Punkin was a dog. He probably thought it was a stuffed toy! LOL.
Thanks Pat and Punkin!!!

Tuck is doing OK--no seizures last night!!!! motimonkey.gif
Justice had some partials during the night. I was told he went outside today, briefly. Still sleeping most of the day.

Hi Monique', LOL, that pic of Coqui is just too precious!! I am sooo glad u have the pic, and can remember and smile when u see them together. Keira has 2 pupper protectors-a big dog and wee dog--Pancho and Roce. HOW CUTE!!!
Thanks for sharing Rico too (esp with Coqui)!! Hugs

Hi Kat, u and Pat are just sooo silly--and I am so glad!! banana.gif
Well, keep that "tree climbing dog" around for when u see butterfly nets. hehehe.
Thanks!  Hugs!

Hi Lara, I am so happy Daisy Mae finally was able to have her surgery today!! It sounds like all went as well as it possibly could!! banana.gif
Tuck didn't see the neuro, but just went for a Bile Acids test. I will know tmw if his liver is functioning better. Cross fingers and paws!!! Hugs!!

Thanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

Isadora3

Isadora3

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 155 posts
Cindy

Just stopping bye to check on T's doctor's visit....I will check back tomorrow to hear his good report..I'm sure it's going to be fine...Praying for no seizures of any kind for him tonight, so you all can rest well.....

Talk to you soon...

Monique'

Pat.C

Pat.C

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
QUOTE (TigresMeow @ Mar 10 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those dang butterfly nets showed up at my house!! Thanks, Pat. tongue.gif

They didn't catch me tho, they were amazed at my tree climbing dog and just stood under the tree and stared. So I was able to keep on running!

This is what I look like now. . . . roll.gif

Attached File  rotflmao.gif   31.31K   3 downloads

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 672 posts
Oh yeah, Pat, I forgot to tell you that I sent the butterfly nets your way again.  Since we don't have to worry about meds this month, I am going to stop running in circles for a few minutes.  I need a powder room break and something to eat.   banana.gif

Hoping for great news tomorrow!!

Edited by TigresMeow, 11 March 2009 - 09:28 PM.

Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

I'm so glad that Tuckie has had no seizures since last night!  banana.gif That's great news. All paws are crossed for good news from the vet visit results.

Thank you to Justice's angels who have contributed so that he can continue getting his meds  banana.gif All donations are very much appreciated  magicmoon.gif

Cindy, Cody and I are sending lots of love, purrs, hugs, and messy kitty head-butts to you and your 2 sweet boys.

hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Popping in to say hi and check on the boys. I hope you are all having a quiet and restful night.

xxx ooo from me and the kitties

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
You tell the boys to get on the train with Merlin!

Sending them hugs - hope you all had a quiet night!

Vicky

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
Pat's "spoiled Royal" puppers medical team was right!. PLus all the running by Pat and Kat, and all the prayers and good thoughts made a difference.
A HUGE difference!!

TUCK'S BILE ACIDS ARE NORMAL!!!!!

I'm not really surprised, becuz he has not been sick (he was vomiting and sick when they did the bile acids 3 weeks ago). I know when Justice's bile acids have shown his liver isn't functioning well--he is sick and loses weight. So even though I was almost certain Tuck's test would be fine...ohhh what a relief to actually KNOW!!

Little Justice had another GM this AM. The neuro hopes we can "try to ride this through" without any med changes. His hope is as Justice is being weaned off the steroid, that the seizures will lessen, as the symptoms lessen--as long as his IBD doesn't flare up too.

Hi Monique'  I am glad u get to come to see great news abt Tuckie!!! Thanks so very much for all the support and prayers!! hugs to u and all the family!!!!!!

Hi Tracy, the boys and I love the hugs, purrs and especially the messy head butts!! I hope Cody is still doing well. Did u see where Vic's Merlin is almost to a month seizure free?? Tuck plans to join him!! Justice hopefully can hop on before too long.
Hugs to u and Cody

Hi Laurie, thanks for checking in!!! It is so nice to get some good health news at least on one of the boys!!! Please give the kitties some belly rubs and kisses from me!! hugs

Hi Vic, ohhh I know Merlin must be at 29 or 30 days!!!! I wish u could bottle up this time, and he never seizures again!!!
You know one other reason I thought Tuck's bile acid would be fine--was his lack of seizures. Yesterday, I took the boys seizure logs for Mari to give to the neuro-Tuck's printed off log was less then 1 page for a 30 day period...Justice's was 3 pages. I want Merlimouse to have NO pages!! hugs to u all!!

Thanks so very much to all the angels. I know there have been some one-time donations that have just come through...thank you so very much angels.
uh oh, Carol just yelled that Justie is having some partials...gotta go.

WE LOVE ALL OF U!!!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
Tuck is at ONE DAY!!

============T 1icecream.gif turtle.gif ============

Tuck is snoring beside me. LOL.

Justice had some partials, plus he is having trembling (Cushings symptoms). Poor munchkin. I just hold him, and tell him he will feel so much better in a few weeks, and he will be digging and playing. We both are holding on to that...

Thanks so very much to everyone helping the boys. Thank u to the one time donors that are new--and just every one!! These little boys are so special. They are my life, and keep me going. You all are so special to help us.
Bless all of u!!

Thanks to all the angels!!!
Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

What GREAT news to login to!! Tuckie's bile acids are normal, and he's on the train again!!  banana.gif I'm sorry about Justice's partials. Hopefully he will be able to join Tuckie soon.

I have some great news as well - Justice is fully sponsored again!!  banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif  happydance.gif Thank you SO MUCH to the angel who has picked up the remainder of Justice's sponsorship needs. This means so much to us. It is very much appreciated  magicmoon.gif

Cindy, I will have to check out Merlin's thread. Wow, he's getting close to one month! Geez, I am behind on the forum! Sorry, Merlin - I gotta check out your train soon. Hopefully Tuckie will join him, and Justice too!

OMG, Cody just came into the office and did a really loud "MEOWWW!" About scared the bejeezus out of me, LOL  roll.gif
I think he's looking for attention; we've broken his routine - nobody's downstairs watching basketball with him like usual smile.gif

Congrats, Cindy, on Justice becoming fully sponsored again! Cody and I send you and the boys lots more hugs and purrs.

hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
There just aren't adequate words, to express my gratefulness to the angel who picked up the remainder of Justice's sponsorship, to make him
                 FULLY SPONSORED!!

This has been incredible. A few days ago, I was so scared Justice wouldn't get both his seizure meds, that I need to order next week. Even after Debs did an incredible thing and added more sponsorship-things were quiet.
Suddenly Monique's family all pooled their money in one evening- just to help Justice. The same night, Roberta came to the rescue with a wonderful donation, and others I don't even know...all came together to help Justice get this next months meds. Now a wonderful person has completed his sponsorship.  wub.gif
I don't know how many of u have followed threads, when there has been an emergency case that u come in late on. You read through the thread and u start to see miraculous things happen for the PIN. The angels have their wings around the PIN, and as u read the thread ur heart is racing. U just can't wait to see what happens--and of course what always happens at IMOM--MAGIC!! I just marvel at the angels at work. I have felt the same way, especially the last few days. So many angels over years, months, days and weeks, have had their wings wrapped around both boys...but due to circumstances that no one could help--there was a need for at the very least -another angel. Again...MAGIC here at IMOM!
Thank u to Justie's newest angel...it means the world to me that u are so very generous and caring abt this little guy.

Bless all Tucker's and Justice's sponsors. We love u!!!

Thanks so much angels!!

THanks Tracy for the news, and working hard to help Justice become fully sponsored again!! LOL. Cody would have scared me too with the big MEOW!!!
U better get back to watching basketball...or something... in the eve--Cody requires his time downstairs with mom and dad!! Hugs to u both!!

Edited by k9sign, 13 March 2009 - 12:51 AM.

Posted Image

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
What wondderful news Cindy.  I get on and see what you have been going through and that once a gain the angels have come to the rescue.  I know you are on cloud 9  It makes me remember all that I owe to the angels who saved my Jack.

We are in Columbia visitng Amy right now and made a visit to the vet (unofficially, so free) and Jack on the outside seems fine, so for the moment we will leave it at that and hope for the best.  I am so glad that Justice and Tucker are doing well and are fuly sponsored.  Remember you are my hero!

love and big Husky hugs to the boys,
Debbie and Jack

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 13 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There just aren't adequate words, to express my gratefulness to the angel who picked up the remainder of Justice's sponsorship, to make him
                 FULLY SPONSORED!!

Same here. Thank you so much to the Angel who picked up the rest of Justice's sponsorship. thanks3.gif

And wonderful news for Tuckie, I saw the news on facebook, what wonderful news.

I hope that Tuckie stays on the train and Justice joins him soon.
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,274 posts
The boys are snoozing. Tuck is on the recliner, and Justice has his leg over my leg while he is sleeping.

I have been trying to deal with just a couple medical issues at a time with the boys. HA! At least the more serious issues.
Now that Tuck is OK liver-wise, he has another issue I need to deal with. Thankfully not life-threatening, but a frustrating problem- as those of u that have pets with allergies can attest to! Tuck has been licking his legs/hips, body ever since he started the levo-thyroxine (thyroid med) a few months ago. I have said something to the vet and the neuro, but with all his allergies, everyone assumed it was environmental. Last night he just was going crazy with the licking (and making me crazy too--poor Tuck). So, I picked up the phone and left a VM for his dermatologist/allergist, explaining what has been happening. So, what we are doing (approved by the vet), is taking him off the thyroid medication for abt 2 weeks (until he sees the allergist at the end of the month).
If in the 2 weeks the licking resolves, or at least really improves, we will know he is allergic (possibly to the dye or a filler), and will hunt for a thyroid medicine that doesn't have dye in it. If there is no change in the licking, then it's most likely something in his food. A food allergy will be tough. With Tuck being on Potassium Bromide, I have to find a food with a similar chloride level as he is on now. I also want a food without any fish/fish oil in it...and that is hard to find. Tuck is fine with fish, but Justice isn't, and since there could be a mistake happen with who gets what food, or some dropped--I want to protect Justice too.

Justice had some head bobbing this eve. He is doing OK now.

Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!!

=============T icecream2.gif turtle.gif =============

Hi Debbie, I am glad u are visiting Amy. I know a couple weeks ago, there were a couple things with jack u wanted her to check. I am glad at least on the "outside" that Jack looks good, and we will pray all is well on the "inside" too.
He is a helluva trooper...as are u Debbie!
Hugs to u and jack!

Hi Debs, I am so sorry this is Spikes 2 year RB day. I know how much u miss him.
Thanks for checking in on the boys today.
Hugs to u and the kids. I know Spike is watching over u.

Vicky lost her Moose today. My heart breaks for her... broken_heart.gif

Thanks so much angels, for making sure Tuck and Justice are safe.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users