Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1232 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Starting a new thread for the boys - please post here.

Here the link to part 6 - http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=4049

Edited by Linda IMOM, 14 June 2008 - 09:19 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
Thanks so much Linda!!! wub.gif
I've been worried, and hoping u are OK. How are u feeling?? We really miss u!

The boys are both doing pretty well this eve. Justice has stayed on the couch downstairs sleeping all eve. He didn't come up with Carol or David, and all the other pups when they left the family room. He just wants to sleep--which is probably good for him-but it still concerns me a little. His surgery was Wed (not a general anesthetic). I guess I thought he would bounce back more quickly. He had a problem last time when he was on Rimadyl for 5 days. So Luci said keep him on it at least thru Friday. So this AM, I didn't give it. I thought maybe it was bothering his tummy, and that's why he was acting "depressed"-but not giving it hasn't made a difference. <sigh>

Tuck just told me he is ready for his meds. He is a bit insistent. LOL.
I have to say Joanna and Debs--u guys are just strange! LOL. That's OK, I like strange people. hehehe. It was the whole thing abt missing threads and how u guys worked it out.
For those who have no idea what I am talking abt--go to the finals posts in thread 6!

Hmmmmmm no Justice telling me it's med time.
Gotta give meds, and check on Justice.

Thanks so very much angels!!
tuckie2.gif

Edited by k9sign, 14 June 2008 - 10:03 PM.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
Rat's! I wrote a post and then went to check on some PIN's and my post is gone.

I hope I posted it here and not in someone else'e thread. I am just so tired I am making awful spelling errors, and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if what I wrote is somewhere it's not suppose to be<sigh>

Just not a good night here. Both my boys are off the train.
Tuck had a few CP's
Justice had a GM--thank goodness it was pretty mild.    

I gotta get off now, the boys have both gone to sleep. I need to do that too.

thanks angels!
Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,598 posts
I'm so sorry both boys are at the station, but hopefully their train will stop soon and give them a chance to get back on.

Justice has been through so much.  I'm wondering if maybe he isn't still recouping from everything else they did to him on Wednesday along with the surgery. I know he will pop back in to puppy-mode soon.

My goodness.. talk about strange. You should have seen the chat window between Debs and myself when I was trying to figure out what happened. Looking at it now... it was hilarious (but didn't feel that way then). I was freaking out because I didn't even know there was an outline version of the threads, and she just fed the fire  happy.gif which confused me even more.  Thank goodness I was chatting with her or I never would have known what happened. Luckily she figured it out... like I said.. she can do anything (except pee standing up) tongue.gif

Praying you got to sleep in this morning. Sending you a big hug and the kids some belly rubs (or belly rubs to you and hugs to the kids... whichever you prefer...your choice laugh.gif )

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
The boys are both hanging out with me on the bed.
Justice has his little Garanimals shirt on (18 months-hehe). His other shirt kept getting wet and had to be taken off (and then he would go for his leg sutures). So we went and found the Garanimals shirts on clearance so I can switch shirts while one dries. Now we did decide we didn't need to match his striped shirt to any shorts, so we didn't get them. LOL.
He was a bit more active this AM, but is up here with me now, even after Tuck took off becuz the other dogs are barking downstairs. He isn't even interested in what they are barking at. But we all think he is acting the best he has since wednesday.

No seizures for either little guy since during the night.

Actually Joanna, Deb could pee standing up--it would be a bit messy though--so see she CAN do everything. wink.gif
I hope the kids are having a good day. hugs

Angels, Justice is still in need of $8/month to become fully sponsired. His Felbatol increased in cost.
If u can help Justice with the $8 it would be so appreciated.
Cole also still needs sponsorship of $48--can u help him?? Please.

Thanks so much angels!

Edited by k9sign, 15 June 2008 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
The boys are hanging in there.

A storm just popped up on top of us-gotta go.

Thansk angels.
Posted Image

amysgh7

amysgh7

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Hi Cindy,
Hope that the storms do not mess up the boys. Maybe it will just be a quick one. I know I haven't been here a lot lately. My Dad had a heart attack on Friday. He is ok, but will still be in the hospital for a few more days. Please keep us in your prayers.

Give Tuck and Justice lots of love from me!
Amy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
Cindy, I hope today is a day the positive thoughts outweigh the worry thoughts, and pray the news on Justice will be good on Wednesday.  

Paula
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
I just got an email from Juli that Justice is now fully sponsored. That $8 sponsorship means more then that angel could know. One big worry off my mind. THANK YOU so much to Justie's newest angel. YOU ROCK!!!

Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!!

=================T 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ================

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

=================J 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif =================

Both little boys are doing pretty well. It's a nice day, so they have been outside several times. Justice can't go into the big yard until tmw, so he was in the small yard. Tuck has been in both yards.
Justice will be so happy when he can put a harness on tmw and play-it's suppose to be in the high 60's tmw-so it will be a great day for both boys to spend as much time as they want outside.

Hi Amy, oh I am sorry abt ur dad--I hope he is improving steadily every day.
I will keep him, and u and ur family in my prayers. big hugs!

Cindy, I hope today is a day the positive thoughts outweigh the worry thoughts, and pray the news on Justice will be good on Wednesday.

Paula

Hi Paula, well, today was starting off not too great-for some reason I have been a little worried today abt the biopsies. I know there is nothing I can change by worrying--it's either good news or not so good news. But that worry has been creeping in today.
Niki called me this AM and said she checked the IDEXX account on the computer, and they said the results are pending becuz further testing is needed. Niki says she isn't sure what that means becuz they just have recently started using IDEXX for biopsies. She said they may have more stains they want to do.
I have to say that last $8 for Justice has definitely set me looking for the positive  now!
It's gonna be a positive week now--it has to be.
Thanks for being iwth us!!
hugs!

Thanks so much angels!!

Posted Image

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
So Wednesday it is then.  Interminable waiting has begun.  Cindy, I just feel so bad for you.  I know they say a roller coaster ride, but I am thinking you get on that thing that goes straight up and drops you back down instantaneously.  wacko.gif  I know how bad this waiting can be, I hate biopsies anyway,  but I am so hopeful that it will something other than you-know-what.   It is now the word that cannot be spoken at my house.  You will be up and down until you know.  I only wish I could help you.  I know you aren't feeling that great and after the high of Justie's 50 day train ride, you must feel completely drained.

Now both boys are back at 1 day.  Some synchronization in that I think.  Perhaps they will ride the rails together now on a nice long summer vacation from all the bad stuff.  You could certainly use it.

Don't let the waiting get you down, remember we are all right there with you with our arms around you. wub.gif

Love and Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,566 posts
Hi Cindy,

Oh, both boys on trains, how cool! And Justie gets fully sponsored - yay!!!  banana.gif

All paws are crossed for Justice's biopsies. You 3 are always in my thoughts and in my heart  heart.gif

hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
I have 2 snoring little boys beside me-they JUST fell asleep-the coons are fighting again,. Tuckie has his little paw over his nose (maybe for Jack), and looks adorable..and is pretty loud. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  LOL.

Both little guys are still doing pretty well, and on track. I am really hoping Tuck doesn't have any grand mals starting today-becuz his rabies vacc and exam on Wednesday will be cancelled. He can't have a GM within 2 days of a procedure.
Of course the full moon (f-word) starts Tuesday night.. he made it through the first night of it the last time...so I hope he can make it thru  again.

Skeet, my friend with AIP, was well into his 50s and had just come back from filming a PBS documentary when he virtually collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. He was failing and they could not figure out why. He later described the color as blue, but I guess purple is more accurate (he was colorblind too). He went long spells between episodes, but just like you, the minute the docs in the hospital saw the color they knew the diagnosis.
Skeet will always be right here  but he passed away a few years back - leukemia.
Now you know how my kittie Skeeter got her name.

Paula, this was part of a post over on thread 6 right before it was closed, and this new thread was started.
I didn't want u to think I missed abt Skeet. What a lovely tribute naming ur little Skeeter after ur friend.
Skeet sounds like a remarkable person. I am so sorry he dealt with AIP and then leukemi.--sometimes it just seems so unfair...
Niki did come up with 1 other possibility of Justie's suspicious lump. It actually makes sense, and now I truly have hope it is not an MCT. She said sometimes a dog will get a bee sting, and the stinger is left in the skin.  Mast cells are normal and necessary to all of us--it's when they clump together that it becomes a problem. We all have mast cells that come and try to deal with the invader--so the mast cell granules would show up microscopically-but a biopsy is needed to tell the difference of a tumor or just mast cells that have piled up together due to inflammation of an "invader" like a bee sting.
We have sooooo many bee's and wasps, it is highly conceivable he had a bee sting!!!

Hi Debbie, the waiting really is hard. I am hoping I won't even need to wait intil Wed. I hope I get results today.
Thanks for waiting with me! hugs

Hi Tracy, yup 2 trains and both fully sponsored--now to get good tumor biopsy results--it will be a great day!! big hugs to u and Cody.

The boys have been a bit restless-which is why I am still up. Justice gets up and down. His eyes looks a bit glassy.  

LOL, u guys should have seen the nonsence I typed. I didn't even understand it. I had to fix it twice and it was just letters mixed up.
I need to get to sleep soon, since the boys are finally asleep.

Thanks so much angels.

Think bee sting!!!

Edited by k9sign, 17 June 2008 - 02:43 AM.

Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
I'm so glad for dual trains. Maybe the boys wanted to get on together and be in sync for this. I'm praying too that its just a bee sting for Justice.

And WOOO HOOOOOO Thanks so much to the Angel Doner who got Justice back to all funds raised. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You are truly an Angel.

Okay Cindy I can accept that I'm strange, but geeze if Joanna didn't get into all this trouble, none of my strangeness would come out. I could keep it all to myself. But anyways did it bring a smile to your face? Maybe even a little bit of a giggle? If it did then its all worth it. Laughter is the best medicine ya know roll.gif

All my thoughts and prayers that both boys make it thru the FM and Tuckie gets his rabies shot and exam. And has no trouble what so ever. And Master Justice just keeps chugging away and gets feeling better soon. AND the biopsy is nothing more than a bee stinger stuck in there.

Love and hugs to you and the kids.
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!

================T icecream2.gif  turtle.gif =================

Well he is the only little boy riding the train.
Justice had a couple CP's during the night.

The temp here is 64 right now! It is definitely sweatshirt weather!
Justice had his first day of freedom in the big yard. He has his harness on with his shirt on top of it. It was a great day for freedom since he was able to stay out as long as he wanted since it was so cool.

Tmw AM I take Tuck to MedVet for the rabies vacc. He will spend at least the first hour back in the neuro area just being watched for any reactions/seizures. Then Mari said she will probably bring him out to me in the waiting room, and we will hang there for abt 4 hours, before we leave to come home.
I hope he does like last month, and gets thru the night tonight without a GM. A CP is OK (although we don't want that either!)-but if he has a GM we won't go tmw.

The boys are beside me napping. Justice is wiped out from his first real day of play in a week.

UPDATE

Justice DOES NOT have cancer!!The one on the neck was a follicular cyst with inflammation and someting else--but the margins were clean-and it is BENIGN!!!

The one that was most worrisome on the leg...well I forget the name of it, but it wasn't a Mast Cell tumor! The inflammation of subcutaneous tissue, the pathologists speculate, was most likely caused by an insect bite or a stinger left after being stung.

I darn near threw up, I am so relieved!

Got to go hug, dance and cry now!!

Thank u angels!!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
AND the biopsy is nothing more than a bee stinger stuck in there.

And that's exactly what it was Deb!!!
Hmmm Deb, that is true if Joanna didn't get in all the trouble, u could have kept ur strangeness under wraps--but the cat is out of the bag girl--and yes...u made me laugh!!
Hugs to u and the kids. Maybe Bear was looking out for my little guy?!

Thanks angels!
Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
Hey- We don't allow cats IN THE BAG around here tongue.gif  that's cruel!

I still think it's a snake bite.

Justice, you listened so well last time-- that is NOT one big moon.  Those are four little pieces of moon all sitting side by side.

P

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
The boys are both in bed sleeping. I have to get a pic of Justice in his t-shirt=he is so cute!

Tuck has been restless, but just now got to sleep.

So...as long as he has no GM's, we will head out for Columbus abt 8:15AM.
His appt is at 10AM, and I imagine the neuro will do an exam first (I hope Tuck has made more improvements post stroke!). I would imagine that he gets his vaccine around 10AM-10:30AM. They will keep Tuck back in ICU for the first hour so he can be monitored closely. Then they will bring him out to me--and we hang together and pup, kitty, animal and people watch. I hope we only need to stay 4-5 hours total-but we'll see.
I will try to call my friend Marty or Laurie, and give an update at some point that they can post if they wouldn't mind.

I will also update when we get home (after I have some Justice time).

Hi Paula, well it's a good thing we found that cat in the bag, so she could be free!
I told the boys what u said abt the 4 pieces of the moon. I sure hope their brains were paying attention!! hugs to u and the kids!

Please send some positive thoughts and/or prayers for Tuckie later thsi AM!

Thanks so much angels!!!
I still have a huge smile abt Justice--NO CANCER!! banana.gif
Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Oh Cindy -- all I can say is WHEW. Well, that's not true -- there's lots more I could say. But I don't think I need to because I think you know exactly how happy I am to hear the news about Justice.

Please do call me tomorrow if you'd like and I will be happy to post an update. Lots of hugs and good thoughts coming your way.

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,598 posts
SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY to hear the good news!!!! Huhummm... I love being right... I think I said it was a bee sting... or wait, maybe I said I hope it's a bee sting... either way.. I'm glad I was right... You just can't imagine the big smile on my face right now and as I read about it last night. I'm grinning from ear to ear.

When I first found out that Justice might be sick, my Grandson, Brandon was here.  He heard how upset I was with the possible diagnosis and has been asking me about Justice ever since.  He will be so very happy to hear that it was a bee sting.

Well, I hope that you're on your way to Columbus now. That would mean Tuckie didn't have a GM.  I'm wondering, since you have to wait such a long time there, is there someplace you can take a nap? Maybe a back room or even the car? Praying that all goes well.

Sending much love and loads of kisses and hugs

Oh... by the way... don't let Debs fool you... she's more of a trouble maker than I am... I'm just older and get confused easier. LOL

Edited by MikesMom, 18 June 2008 - 08:47 AM.

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
Justice--NO CANCER!! banana.gif

Cindy,

I cannot even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.  When I read your first email to the committee about this, my heart stopped.  I didn't reply because I simply had no words.

Now I have a few words...

YaaHooooo! Go Justice -- What a good boy your are !! magicmoon.gif
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Man, is that a relief!   Been on pins and needles here in MO.

Love and big Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,566 posts
Hi Cindy and boys,

I was SO happy when I read that Justice does not have cancer!!!  banana.gif  banana.gif I felt so relieved and was walking around teary-eyed, saying "Oh, that's SO cool!!" outloud...the way I was acting, you would have thought he was my own furbaby. Hooray!!!!  banana.gif  banana.gif

I hope Tuckie does/did well at today's vet visit with no problems. And of course, I hope both boys get on, and stay on, their trains.

Very happy and relieved "YAY"s from me and Cody, and as always,
hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,
I just talked to Cindy.
Good news, Tucker did fine with his rabies shot, and they were just leaving to go home.
Unfortunately, Justice isn't doing so good.  He had 2 GM's during the night, so the neuro is increasing one of his meds temporarily to see if they can stop the cycle.  Hopefully that will work.
She's pretty tired after being up all night, and then such a long day, but said she'd post sometime tonight.
Marty

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
Marty thanks so much for giving us an update. I'm so glad that Tuckie is doing good.

Poor Justice, I hate seeing that he's increasing his meds. I hope its just the FM affecting him and nothing more.

I know I emailed you last night when I got the news about Justice and I'm so glad I did. Today was horrendous and I never would have made it here to congratulate you both. I really do believe Bear was watching out for Justice. He knows how much I love those two boys and mast cell tumors is his specialty. So I bet he had something to do with it.

I am just so happy that Justice has no cancer. This is just the best news ever. Now to work on those seizures.

Hope you had a good trip home and are enjoying the boys company and Justice is doing better. Get some rest now.

Love and hugs

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
Hi everyone,

So far Tuck is doing fine-actually better then Justice.
He had his vaccination at 10:30AM, and they decided rather then have him in ICU, that they would just watch him in the neuro room. After abt an hour Mari brought him to me--and we hung around the waiting room until after 3PM. She came out every hour to take a rectal temp, becuz his temp was up a bit after the vaccination. It went right back to normal.
He did have 1 CP during the time we were there, but is sleeping now.
He also had CP's during the night-but no GM's YAY!!

Little Justice is having a rough go--he is having lots of partials tonight-jerking and twitching.
Like Marty said (THANK YOU MARTY!!!), he had 2 GM's during the night, and a CP thsi afternoon.
The neuro said all the stressors from last week has got him into a bad cycle, since stress (the rabies vacc, surgery, pain, being at the vet...) has been found to lower the seizure threshold.
So, the neuro is temporarily (only thru Sunday) increasing his Felbatol. The dose is being doubled-and we hope this stops the cycle. We are trying to keep Justice out of the hospital.
It seems like I went from absolute elation from the negative biopsy results--to a little guy who may end up in the hospital. <sigh>
When I think abt the biopsy results though, I can go staright to cloud nine!!

Well the full moon ends tonight-although they can be affected for a couple days before and after. I hope it's over now though.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I forgot. The neuro before leaving the room said "I have to tell u that Tuck's recovery from the stroke is just AMAZING!!!!!"
He still wants to see him every 3 months (I was hoping he could be switched to every 6 months like Justice  sad.gif ), becuz he said we don't want to rock the boat-so he wants to keep an eye on Tuck.

Hi Laurie, you know I was going to call u, but since I hadn't checked with u to see if u were even around, I didn't call. I wish I had seen ur email, but I didn't log on this AM (Justice neededs some special mommy time after his rough night). Thanks though for being such a great support!  Please tell Coot to get plenty of rest...it may take a few days, but the train will be boarded again!! hugs

Hi Joanna, oh how sweet of Brandon to be asking abt Justice. What a sweet and thoughtful child!! Justice sends wags and wiggles to Brandon!
It's weird that the neck lump turned out to be worse then the leg. Even though it was a cyst, it could have become something worse. Niki said the report said Luci got it all, but that it may recur in multiple area's--yikes. Anyway, the night she read me the biopsy report, I just kept waiting and steeling myself to hear MCT-that I honestly don't know all that she said. I will ask for a copy next week when he gets his stitches out.
I hope Mike and Gidge are doing OK. I will try to get there twm.
hugs to the 3 of u.

Hi Jacki, I kind of hated letting everyone know. But I knew I needed my IMOM family. It's OK u didn't write--I know how much u care for the boys. Just having ur thoughts (and I knew they were there) were important.
Hugs to u and the kids

Hi Debbie and Jack--yup on pins and needles is where I was too! I did post on Jack's thread that night.
I am so glad Jack is doing so well. I saw lots of dogs that were at MedVet today having radiation, and I thought so much of Jack.
hugs!!

I was SO happy when I read that Justice does not have cancer!!!   I felt so relieved and was walking around teary-eyed, saying "Oh, that's SO cool!!" outloud...the way I was acting, you would have thought he was my own furbaby. Hooray!!!!

Tracy u made me have the biggest grin...and tears. I know exactly what u mean abt feeling like this is ur own furkid. I so much feel the same way abt Cody, and all my friends and their furkids. It's amazing that so much love can come thru this forum from, and to, furkids ( and their parents) we have never even met.
I love Cody like he is one of mine too.
Please give my boy some KFC from auntie Cindy--and some chin scritches.. big hugs to u!

Hi Marty, u are just awesome. Thanks for posting--I knew lots of aunties would be worried. Hugs to Greta and Otto

Hi Debs, I believe Bear was watching out for Justice too. Luci is a wonderful vet and she was so sure it was a MCT. Thank u Bear, and all the aunties.
Now it's getting the boys back on track!!
hugs to u and the kids.

Justie is still jerking--more butt meds for the little guy. It will take abt 2 days for the increased Felbatol to work. If he is still doing this during the night, I will call the neuro tmw.

Thanks so very much angels!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
The boys are both having partials and CP's,. I hope it's just remants from that ole full moon.

Thanks so much angesl!!
Posted Image

Leah

Leah

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 261 posts
Cindy,

:( I am so sorry I haven't checked in, I hope you know I was thinking about the boys and you but, I am sorry.  Wow, I get busy for a few days and the boys fell apart.  Well, just tell them that Aunt Leah is back and so don't let me down.  At least the cancer news was good, now I am expecting trains, and trains growing.

Cindy I also imagine with all this you are not caring for yourself, please make sure you stay well.  Take lots of deep breaths, warm showers.  I will talk to the weather folks and try to get things improving so the guys don't have the extra stress of the storms.  Just snuggle up with the boys and get yourself enough rest.  I am always thinking of you guys and will make sure not to be off the computer for so many days (power cord broke, frustrating).

Love to you and the boys,

Leah and the furry focused pup Cole

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,091 posts
Things went from bad to worse during the night with it finally ending with them both having a GM.
Justice had more then 40 partials before the GM. He has had a few partials today.
Tuck seems to be feeling pretty good, thank goodness.

I hope the double dose of Felbatol helps soon. It should help by Friday/Saturday--which feels a million years away.
I am praying he does not need propofol for the obvious reason of it would mean he needed hospitalization ...but...I called Niki, to see if they have enough propofol and they just did surgery on a 200 lb Mastiff...so no extra propofol until next week-and I don't want to go to MedVet for it!
Mari just called and the neuro is pretty confident the 4.5 days of double dosed Felbatol will do the trick (he at least wants to try it-it would be nice for Justice to have a med he can take here for a few days to stop bad cycles).

The boys at the moment are outside enjoying the cool weather which is great to see. Justice isn't just laying around-he is trying to do some "normal" things even with the partial seizures. From the window I can see him jerking at times, but he just keeps wandering around.
With partial seizures something happens with their body (like twitches, rapid blinking, etc) but they are totally aware of surroundings. With complex partials they are not aware of surroundings.
I am keeping a close eye that the partials he is having don't become CP...or worse.
But I want him to enjoy life and not be babied. He lets me know if he wants me to baby him. LOL.

Hi Leah, no worries abt not checking in! Well it might be a few days before the train, becuz Justie's brain is already misfiring like crazy, but I gave the boys ur message. Tuckie may actually get back on before Justice.
I was so happy Lori has become one of Cole's sponsor's--now just $38 for FULL sponsorship!!! YAY!!
HA, me not taking care of myself--what abt u? Hmmmmmmmmm. LOL.
Thanks for the concern--I did sleep abt an hour this afternoon, and hopefully tonight will be quiet!!
hugs to u and Cole

Thanks so much angels!

Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Cindy, so sorry to read that both boys are off the train with GMs. The Cootductor is very sad to hear that. We both hope that the trains start chugging along again very, very soon.

Leah

Leah

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 261 posts
Cindy,

Very sorry to hear about the pups.  I will keep thinking of them and sending the positive vibes to them.  I really hope there brains slow back down, I can only imagine how hard it is for you to see:(  Know that I am thinking of the three of you hoping tonight is much better.

Love to you all from me and the gang.

Leah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users