Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rosie Hyman

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
375 replies to this topic

Renee-H

Renee-H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Rosie needs $190 per month and is sponsored for $190. She is sponsored in full.

**************************************************************************************

I'd like to introduce you to Rosie, our latest diabetic dog in need. Rosie was diagnosed with diabetes in 2006. Rosie's caretakers, Charles and Barbara are both disabled and Rosie's needs have become more than Charles and Barbara's current ability to provide. Charles and Barbara are looking for sponsors to help with Rosie's ongoing diabetes treatment, including insulin and syringes and follow-up vet care.

(Donations for this Pet in Need should be designated: "DPF Rosie Hyman" to ensure your money goes to the proper account.)

Please help Charles, Barbara and Rosie if you can!

Renee H.
IMOM Diabetic Pet Fund

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi Barbara & Charles!  Welcome to IMOM!  You've come to a great organization with people that have the biggest hearts.  Rosie sounds like a fabulous pooch ....I hope you can get sponsors really soon.  I understand how difficult it can be ...am on a fixed income too, but our pets are our families too aren't they?  I'll keep you all in my prayers things work out.  Zoom sends poodle hugs to Rosie and you all!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
Well I told you how we got Rosie. Now I will post how we got home from the Rescue Shelter. We asked if Rosie was car friendly. The rescue center said oh yes. Turns out she is " Flat-bed tow truck Friendly ' as well.

It all started with the drive home, after 2 plus hours waiting for the Rescue to get a call back from Lauries Good Friend we were about to embark on what we thought was a 30 minute Car Friendly Dog in a car going home. Well I must say Rosie was certainly car friendly.

She was so car friendly that after a few minutes of driving she pulled so hard on my wife Rosie was laying across my lap. I couldn't reach the Stick-shift. We careened into the curb. Flattened two tires, and bent the rim of one tire. in an area we were not familar with. Did I mention it was dark out when we laft and 30* colder.  rolleyes.gif  wink.gif  

It was 30 degrees colder on a winter's night. Anyhoo..We found are way to a driveway to turn around in and get off the street. Turned out to be a Cul-de-sac of new homes    Only two homes were lit. When I looked at the first home...The lights went out... okay that's nice.. rolleyes.gif  huh.gif  I looked at the 2nd house and the upstairs lights came on. Oh this is good .. tap..tap..tap....tap......tap. The downstairs light came on. This was a good sign.

A man came out and asked if we wanted something!!..Did we need help? I related the above, and I asked if he would call AAA for a tow. He came outside with a flashlight and a baseball bat. I walked towards the man with the baseball bat and a flashlight.

( Aren't I supposed to walk away from a man carrying a flashlight and a baseball bat.) I said we can't get a cell phone signal here. He said I know ..These are newer homes. I noticed there were no numbers on any house. Oh that explains no numbers on any home in here. " None of the houses have numbers yet. " he replied.

That being said he said he could call a place he used last week. They would now where to come as they would recognize his house. Do you have the number for AAA. I said it's in my car..( The Official Toyota Handbook ) .

I started walking back up. he shined the flashlight on the stairs...possibly thinking I was carrying a Bible. Nope That's my  " Official Toyota Handbook " I keep my AAA card in that because I keep that in my car at all times. Yes Now it is in my wallet.

In any case he called and said where he was. The driver of the tow knew where we were. A definite good sign. Then the homeowner asked if My wife or I wanted some coffee or Hot Choclate. I said no, that's okay ,...You've done enough already thank you.

The driver said it might be an hour or so. He's coming from Dover. I said Dover as in Deleware. He said yep, that Dover. I was definitely farther than I thought I was, and we had gotten lost on the way to the Rescue. Now we were lost going home with 2 flat tires and a dented rim.

Needless to say I took him up on the Hot Choclolate for Barbara and Coffee for me. We had water for Rosie in a car carry bottle that flips down.

He asked if we wanted to come in and I told him I have a wife and Rosie who was crying for me to get back in the car. So I said no , and got back in the car, and waited, and waited.....tap....tap...tap......and waited. The coffee & the Hot Chocolate both gone and no tow in site.

I went outside the car to have a smoke. That's what caught the eye of the man in the house in the 1rst place. Me outside a stranger's house lighting a cigarrette.

Now it's 11:30 or so...colder than all get out, and the Flat bed tow truck was pulling in. I asked if Rosie could get up in the cab with us. He wanted her to ride by herself in our being towed on a flatbed car. I said no way . She has to ride with us. She'a rescue dog , and won't bite.  Is she big. I said about 62 lbs.which is what Rosie was when we got her.

He agreed to let Rosie up in the cab. You sure she won't bite. I said .. " No but you might be filing a sexual harrassment charge on Rosie."  She may kiss your face all over, and get you wet around the collar." tongue.gif  wub.gif  wink.gif  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif Sure enough now Rosie was spread out all the way across the 3 of us. My wife and I , and the driver's lap... sleep.gif  sleep.gif , snoring.

Aproximately 45 minutes later, $39.00 for the tow.... almost $ $900.00 for 4 new tires the next day we were home. Rosie coming into our house , getting up between the both of us and sprawling out. PRICELESS.!!!!!!!

Attached Files

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,840 posts
pp_animal_568.gif Glad to see Rosie has made it here.  She sure is a pretty little pup.

Great story about her homecoming.  Tell us more!

Update: Rosie Dad's, Charles, has posted a nice note to Renee in Introductions, with a picture of Rosie that could melt your heart!  Let's not let this diabetes "stuff" hurt her precious little heart.   pp_animal_568.gif   Every $ helps.

Edited by CatPaws, 25 March 2008 - 05:54 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
Here is an updated picture of Rosie as requested. Sorry for the mixup. Mapleman

Attached Files

amysgh7

amysgh7

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
I loved the story of how Rosie got home! What an adventure!! She is a beautiful girl. Keep telling stories about her and posting pictures of her.

Amy

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Hi Barbara, Charles, & Rosie,
Welcome to IMOM.  This is a very caring and dedicated group of people here and I know Rosie will be fully sponsored soon.  My Chihuahua is one of the diabetic pets here and I am constantly amazed at the miracles that happen here everyday.  Rosie is a real cutie pie.  It sounds like you had quite an adventure getting her home but I know she was worth it.  I don't remember reading, but how old is Rosie?  Please forgive me if you already told us but my memory these days are not as good as they used to be.  Anyway, I know you will find it to be very amazing at all that happens here.  I find it helpful to read the other diabetic pins stories, you may actually learn something or have some advice to give to the other pet owners.  Welcome and best of luck to you!

Love & Prayers,
Lora & Mr. Wiggles  pp_animal_564.gif
:hugs:
Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
Hi Lora. Mr . Wiggles is adorable. Rosie turned 7 years old this past October. Time flies doesn't it. Thank you for your comments.---Mapleman.

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
QUOTE (zoom mom @ Mar 18 2008, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi Barbara & Charles!  Welcome to IMOM!  You've come to a great organization with people that have the biggest hearts.  Rosie sounds like a fabulous pooch ....I hope you can get sponsors really soon.  I understand how difficult it can be ...am on a fixed income too, but our pets are our families too aren't they?  I'll keep you all in my prayers things work out.  Zoom sends poodle hugs to Rosie and you all!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Rhodesian hugs back at you.--Mapleman.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Rosie really is a lovely girl. I love that last picture you posted!

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
Oh wow what an adventure Rosi had going to her new home. I'm so glad you are here and I can't wait to hear more Rosi stories I bet they are just as good as her ride home.

Hugs to you all.
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Gee that was a wonderful story.  So glad you are here.  The angels I am sure are already starting to gather around your darling Rosie.  My dog Jack was a PIN here.  IMOM was a miracle for us.  Now I am working to raise money for a surgery he will get in May hopefully.  without IMOM we never would have made it this far.

Love and Big Husky hugs to Rosie
Debbie and Jack

ps Jack is in All Funds Raised if you want to meet him.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
Mapleman ...

thanks for the post ..... love the picture of  Rosie.  What a sweet face and gentle eyes.  Here's hoping some angels out there appear soon to help her out with sponsorship.  I know I bless Zoom's sponsors everyday for being there!!!!

Will keep you all in my prayers ..... hang in there!

BIG HUGS,

Susan & Zoom

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
Attached File  DSC_1687.jpg_Rosie_the_Track_Star_looking_at_Daddy.jpgResized4.jpg   181.87K   117 downloads
QUOTE (zoom mom @ Apr 2 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mapleman ...

thanks for the post ..... love the picture of  Rosie.  What a sweet face and gentle eyes.  Here's hoping some angels out there appear soon to help her out with sponsorship.  I know I bless Zoom's sponsors everyday for being there!!!!

Will keep you all in my prayers ..... hang in there!

BIG HUGS,

Susan & Zoom

Hey Susan and Zoom.... Well one more thing that we had happen before we even got to the car with Rosie. They gave us a small lead collar. The kind they use at Westminster. She slipped out of it right as we were trying to get her in the car, and took off running.

The thoughts that ran thru my head . "Oh my God..We haven't even gotten her home and she's running away." What if Rosie gets hit by a car, what if she gets lost. Oh my God ..Oh my God. " We just got her and we have lost her. I was running thru peoples yards trying to keep up with her (n plus it was dark as all get out.

I would seee glimpses of her as she ran betwen yards and followed her running thru anything in sight or unseeable...like a garden bed.  unsure.gif  wacko.gif  glare.gif  sad.gif This was me... turtle3.gif , and this was her turtle5.gif  huh.gif  The running also included yelling her name late at night.... ( Seeing lights go on in peoples yards I just ran thru.  ROSIE.!!!!!!!  ROSIE.!!!!! Come Rosie, C'mon Rosie, followed by loud whistles of different tones, and the clapping of hands to get her attention.

Remember we were in unfamiliar territory..it was dark out , and we just lost our new rescue dog. We were so scared a we saw cars coming into the new development. Granted it was few and far between but they were driving thru stop signs. I mean it was a very new development.

What were we gonna say to Laurie's good friend we lost Rosie before we got her home. She got hit by a car. As far as anyone new she had no new license, no tags or collar and was a relatively large dog running thru a new development. Panic started setting in...Grief started setting in. I can't believe this is happening. My wife was equally paniced as would be expected.

After 1 and 1/2 hours of calling her name clapping, whistling we saw her walking up the street . We approached her slowly as to not spook her. We told her it was okay. We were not mad or going to punish her ..assured her. I said SIT.! ROSIE SIT.!

She sat down under a streetlight like the 'light of the gods was shining down upon her.' Waited for us to reach her...kissed us over and over as we were trying to recollar her. Needless to say the panic lessened and relief set in.

Breathing was still labored on our part,and Rosie's ; probably because of the panic, and probably because we found her or she found us. Either way we got her back in the car. My wife held the lead firmly as possible to hold a 3 ft lead collar. That's when the going house to house started, looking for a lighted house to call for the tow. Know you know how much fun we had that night.

Losing her before we even got her in the car...awful.....hunting and calling in the dark night ...panic.....Finding her sitting under a beam of streetlight ..again ...PRICELESS.!!!!!!!

Here's another look at the escape artist.... The pic was supposed to be down here. View Full Sized.

Edited by Mapleman, 02 April 2008 - 03:46 AM.

js797

js797

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 195 posts
Oh my gosh Charles, what an ordeal!!  Well, I'd say it was definitely meant for you and your wife to have Rosie after all that!  What a miracle after running for over an hour she just sat down and waited for you to come to her.  I know you all were exhausted by the time you finally made it home.
I love her coloring...especially that little white tip on her tail!  
Please angels, let's sponsor Rosie....several of us can go in together to get the full amount for her..
Jennifer
pp_animal_568.gif

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
QUOTE (js797 @ Apr 2 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my gosh Charles, what an ordeal!!  Well, I'd say it was definitely meant for you and your wife to have Rosie after all that!  What a miracle after running for over an hour she just sat down and waited for you to come to her.  I know you all were exhausted by the time you finally made it home.
I love her coloring...especially that little white tip on her tail!  
Please angels, let's sponsor Rosie....several of us can go in together to get the full amount for her..
Jennifer
pp_animal_568.gif

I just got news from Renee that someone sponsered Rosie for $83.00. I would like to thank the unknown donor For his or her or their genorosity.. It really makes a difference for my wife Barbara and I to know there are good people out there. A lot of then seem to congregate at a wonderful place called imom.org

Thanks to my mew sponser / sponsers whoever you are.  Sincerely Charles W. Hyman, Barbara A. Hyman, & of course Rosie Hyman..

Attached Files

amysgh7

amysgh7

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Wow that is so great that Rosie already has that much of a sponsorship! I can't believe how close she is to being fully sponsored!

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Hi Charles, Barbara, & Rosie,
Rosie really made that adrenaline kick in, huh?  I can just see her sitting with the beam of light shining down on her.  Was she ever in show biz?  laugh.gif  I am so happy to hear that you are almost at AFR and so quick.  Keep sharing your stories, they are priceless.

Wiggles kisses to all,

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
Well I picked up 2 Bottles of Vetsalin for Rosie today. Thanks to Imom and the sponsers. Turns out I am now sponsored for $100.00. Thank you Renee and everybody else that loves Rosie as much as we do.

'This is a picture of my wife Barbara trying to get a Kiss from Rosie on the back steps. She's a daddy's girl and I'm taking the picture.

Attached Files

Edited by Mapleman, 09 April 2008 - 10:53 PM.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
aktion033.gif  aktion033.gif  aktion033.gif

Barbara & Charles,  

Congrats on the sponsorship for Rosie .... What a Blessing!  Thank you sponsors whoever you are!!!

Isn't it amazing ....strangers you don't even know, open their hearts with such great kindness to other strangers!  Imom sure produces miracles!

Hope Rosie is doing better .... this has to be a big relief for all of you.  Hang in there and keep letting us know how sweet Rosie is doing!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
QUOTE (zoom mom @ Apr 11 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aktion033.gif  aktion033.gif  aktion033.gif

Barbara & Charles,  

Congrats on the sponsorship for Rosie .... What a Blessing!  Thank you sponsors whoever you are!!!

Isn't it amazing ....strangers you don't even know, open their hearts with such great kindness to other strangers!  Imom sure produces miracles!

Hope Rosie is doing better .... this has to be a big relief for all of you.  Hang in there and keep letting us know how sweet Rosie is doing!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Yes indeed. Update on Rosie. She is going for bloodwork. Heartworm ( although she gets it every month.) Lyme disease, ( which is good because I found a Black tick on her ..usually and ticks I've found on any of my former dogs have been grey )blood sugar count, and one more I can't remember ..possibly an enzyme level?  Hugs back at 'ya. If you view this pic Rosie is not pooping. I wouldn't embarrass her like that. She smelling under the rock pile . Seems she hears a field mouse. Like she could ever catch it. wink.gif  huh.gif  roll.gif  roll.gif

Attached Files

Edited by Mapleman, 16 April 2008 - 03:38 AM.

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Hi Barbara & Charles,
I am so happy to see that Rosie is at all funds raised.  She really got sponsored quickly.  You are doing a great job posting.  Give Rosie a big hug for me.

hugs.gif

js797

js797

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 195 posts
So happy to hear Miss Rosie is fully sponsored!  What great news to start the weekend!
Jennifer
pp_animal_568.gif

amysgh7

amysgh7

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
YAYYYY!!! Rosie is fully sponsored!!! banana.gif

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
Yep That's wonderful news. The whole entire family is so pleased and very grateful. I was supposed to get Rosie's bllod work done this passed friday. Unfortunately,I also had a CT Scan of node found on my lung. It's been back and forth between 5 cm to 1 cm and now appaerently 3cm.

So that morning I had to give Rosie her food and Vetsulin earlier than normal in order to make the 11:20 appointment. That being the case ...We missed the 4 hr - 6 hr window for blood sugar level accuracy. We have another appointment Friday.

This time at 4PM so we will be well within the accuracy window. We did have her weighed because my wife thought she was ' Pudgy '. Imagine ..pudgy. Turns out with the warmer weather and walking around the neighborhood more often she is a well-muscled 66 lbs.

Does she look Pudgy to you... I think not. Maybe well sculpted, musular, and dare I say it Svelte..--- Mapleman.

Attached Files

Edited by Mapleman, 21 April 2008 - 02:27 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,840 posts
QUOTE (Mapleman @ Apr 21 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does she look Pudgy to you... I think not. Maybe well sculpted, musular, and dare I say it Svelte..--- Mapleman.

Hear, Hear for the Sculpted and FIT!!  Keep up the walking pretty Rosie... it's good for everybody!   A bod to match her pretty face.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,288 posts

Aww... don't think Rosie looks pudgy at all!!!  Although, I do have a soft spot (no pun intended) for the pudgy ones here on this planet!  But I know, I keep a better watch on Zoom's weight than my own!  So happy Rosie is doing so muscularly well!

Will keep you all in my prayers for upcoming tests, especially you Charles re: node ....lotsa good thoughts coming your way too.

Till next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
QUOTE (zoom mom @ Apr 23 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww... don't think Rosie looks pudgy at all!!!  Although, I do have a soft spot (no pun intended) for the pudgy ones here on this planet!  But I know, I keep a better watch on Zoom's weight than my own!  So happy Rosie is doing so muscularly well!

Will keep you all in my prayers for upcoming tests, especially you Charles re: node ....lotsa good thoughts coming your way too.

Till next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Thanks to all of you angels that have helped Rosie get fully funded. Also for the compliments on Rosie. I have not had the blood sugar done yet as that was the morning I had my CatScan ( no pun intended ) By the way they found no cat in my lung. wink.gif  rolleyes.gif That meant Rosie had to get her Vetsalin a bit earlier than usual, So we missed the 4 hr - 6 hr window for the Blood sugar level accuracy.

Rosie is having it done May !rst, along with the other 3 tests. Here's Rosie by my '
Tamukeyama ' Japanese Maple. It's bare in the pic..but fully leafed out now. Her whip of a tail can knock things off of tables. A little nervous when Rosie is near my Prize JP.

Attached Files

Edited by Mapleman, 24 April 2008 - 12:22 AM.

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
QUOTE (Mapleman @ Apr 24 2008, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks to all of you angels that have helped Rosie get fully funded. Also for the compliments on Rosie. I have not had the blood sugar done yet as that was the morning I had my CatScan ( no pun intended ) By the way they found no cat in my lung. wink.gif  rolleyes.gif That meant Rosie had to get her Vetsalin a bit earlier than usual, So we missed the 4 hr - 6 hr window for the Blood sugar level accuracy.

Rosie is having it done May !rst, along with the other 3 tests. Here's Rosie by my '
Tamukeyama ' Japanese Maple. It's bare in the pic..but fully leafed out now. Her whip of a tail can knock things off of tables. A little nervous when Rosie is near my Prize JP.
Thank you for the positive thoughts. I should have the written report tomorrow or by Friday.

Attached Files

Mapleman

Mapleman

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 241 posts
QUOTE (Mapleman @ Apr 24 2008, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for the positive thoughts. I should have the written report tomorrow or by Friday.

Well Rosie got her Blood sugar ( glucose test )It was 226. That was good considering how close to the front end of the 4-6 hours they prefer.HW: Negative Lyme : Negative
E.canis : Negative
A ph.Negative smile.gif  cool.gif  aktion033.gif  claphands.gif  heart.gif  biggrin.gif  happydance.gif  happydance.gif  happydance.gif  happydance.gif  banana.gif ---Mapleman.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users