Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Lyn Miranda - rescued collie mix

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,564 posts
Diagnosis: Large mammary mass, heartworm
Amount of estimate: $612. Applicant can contribute $200. We need to raise $412
Spayed or neutered: No, but will be done at time of surgery. Estimate includes spay
Case worker: Tracy

3 weeks ago, Lyn was rescued from a very busy highway in traffic. Her Good Samaritans have tried to find her owners but to no avail. They took her to their vet and discovered that she has heartworms that have reproduced. In addition, Lyn has a large and very painful mammary mass that the vet says should be removed as soon as possible.

This poor baby has scars indicative of prior abuse. She now has a wonderful and safe home with her new family. However, they have incurred expensive treatment recently for their kitty who had a urinary blockage, and they are tapped out.

Here is some of what Lyn's new mom says about her:
Lyn deserves  a good life.  She is a beautiful little girl and we can provide a good home for her if we can get her well.  My children have taken her in an loved her.  She finally has a safe home to live in if we can get her the help she deserves. I know alot of animals out there need help as well, but to know Lyn is to love her immediately. This is truely a dog in deservance of a good life. Please help us help her.

Donations can be made at http://www.imom.org/donation
Please specify GF - Lyn Miranda on all donations. Please also consider a small donation to our Operating Fund, so that we may continue to fund administrative expenses.
We are no longer putting up PIN pages for pets needing to raise less than $500, so we will not have a PIN page for Lyn

We hope to have a picture of Lyn available soon.

Thank you, angels, for considering a donation to help Lyn.

Sincerely,
Tracy/IMOM

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Thank you for saving this precious dog.  There are so many unwanted animals in this world and we wish we can save them all.  Thanks to you, Lyn may have a 2nd chance at life.  Angel's please help Lyn get that chance.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Thank you for taking Lyn in.  Not many people would have done that with her medical problems.  I don't understand how people can abuse or mistreat animals.  I hope Lyn is able to get the surgery she needs and has a wonderful new life with you.  Hopefully she can forget whatever past abuse she received.

Angels,
Lyn needs your help.  Once again, abuse is apparent.  Please help Lyn get the surgery and treatment she needs to give her a chance at a happy, healthy life with a family who loves her.  Thank you so much for helping her.

Lora
:hugs:
Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

momma25

momma25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
pp_animal_568.gif Welcome to where miracles happen.. It is great that you took in Lyn.  Post a picture as soon as you can so we can see your new baby

Tuckers Mom
Cathy

mafalda

mafalda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (Lora @ Mar 6 2008, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for taking Lyn in. Not many people would have done that with her medical problems. I don't understand how people can abuse or mistreat animals. I hope Lyn is able to get the surgery she needs and has a wonderful new life with you. Hopefully she can forget whatever past abuse she received.

Angels,
Lyn needs your help. Once again, abuse is apparent. Please help Lyn get the surgery and treatment she needs to give her a chance at a happy, healthy life with a family who loves her. Thank you so much for helping her.

Lora

welcome to imom, you did a wonderfull thing taking in lyn. your in the right place to find help. our angels are wonderfull. colby and motimonkey.gif mafalda miranda

lynsowner

lynsowner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (mafalda @ Mar 7 2008, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome to imom, you did a wonderfull thing taking in lyn. your in the right place to find help. our angels are wonderfull. colby and motimonkey.gif mafalda miranda

This is Lyns owner.  This organizaiton is a great blessing.  I will have her picture posted this evening.  My digital camera is acting up so I have to borrow one from my neighbor.  She has the prettiest blue eyes that look right through you.  When you see her picture you can understand why to know her is to love her.  Two years ago I had to put down my mixed cocker. She was 17 years old and had a large tumor growing on her bladder.  Because of her age there was nothing we could do for her.  Lyn reminds me so much of her.  Her mannerisms are the same.  This dog is so polite.  I dont know if it is because where she came from, if maybe she jumped or moved wrong she might have been hit on.  She now has a safe home with a very loving family and another rescue dog and cat.  She will have all the protection she will need, food and water and a lot of love.  We just need to get her help for her heartworms and mass on the chest.  I will be back latter to post her picture.  May god bless all of you and your pets.

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Lyn received a wonderful generous donation of $400.  IMOM is happy to pledge the remaining $12 so Lyn can start her treatment and mass removal.  Thank you so much IMOM Angel donor!

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Lyn's mom --

Can you tell us a little more about the treatment plan for Lyn?  Does the estimate include both surgery to remove the mass (plus spaying) and HW treatment?  Tracy noted above that your vet wants to remove the mass ASAP -- is Lyn OK for anesthesia with heartworms present?  (I'm a cat mom, so I don't have a lot of experience with HW.)

Thank you for rescuing her and good luck with fundraising.  Keep posting -- you're doing great!

Kim

Edited by Kim, 07 March 2008 - 12:03 PM.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
I have let Lyn's mom know the good news. Wow, that was super quick!!  banana.gif Thank you, angels!!

Tracy/IMOM

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
WOW Thank you Angels..

We still want to see a Picture of Lyn....

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
QUOTE (Diana C. IMOM @ Mar 7 2008, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW Thank you Angels..

We still want to see a Picture of Lyn....
Me too!  Please keep us posted on surgery dates and heartworm treatment.  Don't have much experience with dogs, so I'm very interested in learning more.    
Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
Lyn's mom just sent me a pic to post. Isn't she cute???

Attached File  lyn.jpg   10.87K   5 downloads

Lyn is going in for her treatment tomorrow. Here is what her mom wrote:

My little girl Lyn Miranda is scheduled for treatment on Wed March 12.  You have been a blessing.  Without your help we could not have done this.  She is going to be such a happy dog when she is well.

Tracy/IMOM  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
Wishing Lyn a very successful surgery today... may the news on the mass be only good news, and let's get her on and through her heartworm treatment.  It's a tough one, but she's in good and loving hands now.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

lynsowner

lynsowner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Lyn is going today for her first treatment for the heartworms.  She was dropped off this morning and will be picked up this evening. The vet thinks she will come through this with flying colors.  In 31 days she will go back for her second treatment and they will remove her mass and spay her at that time.  The vet thinks she will be strong enough to handle all of her treatments and surgery.  She is such a sweet girl.  I will update everyone on her condition hopefully tomorrow.  She has been having some very rough days with coughing and hacking.  The vet said that is because of her heartworms.

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
You are an angel to take such good care of Lyn.  I will be praying for her today.  That heartworm treatment can be rough.  It sounds like she has a wonderful prognosis.  and with a mom like you, how can she go wrong?

Love and big Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack

lynsowner

lynsowner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Good evening all, Lyn is doing O.K.  She went for her 1st treatment on Wed.  She has been off and on with her appetite but seems to be in good spirits.  She is getting very spoiled.  The vet told us to do what ever we have to to get her to eat, even if it means cooking.  Boy is she enjoying chicken and ground meat.  She gets up and walks around usually when I get home from work.  We go back on April 14th for another treatment.  Wish us well and have a good evening.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
It makes the Irish Eyes Smile today to know Lyn Miranda is getting TLC and has the good prognosis from her doc.  

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

lynsowner

lynsowner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Hi All,

Lyn is doing so much better than I could ever imagine.  She started her steriod treatment a couple of days ago.  She has been eating much better and moving around a little more.  I am really excited to see her feeling this good.  We go back to the doctor in a couple of weeks for round 2.  I will keep you updated.

lynsowner

lynsowner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Just giving an update.  Lyn is doing well.  She is eating a lot more and working hard to stay healthy.  We are going back to the vet on the 14th for the next treatment.  Wish us well.

amysgh7

amysgh7

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Thanks for the update on Lyn! Great to see that she is still doing well.

Amy

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
That is good news.  Can;t wait till the 14th for more good news!

Love and big Husky Hugs to Lyn
Debbie and Jack

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Sadly Lyn's IMOM case has been closed.  The owner has not posted since March 30th and we haven't heard from her by email either even after a warning was given on April 22nd.

Juli

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Oh I will just say a prayer that Lyn is all right.  This is so sad!

Debbie and Jack

lynsowner

lynsowner
  • Members
  • 7 posts
Hello all, I didnt realize my case wasnt finished.  To my knowledge the vets office faxed the paper work for her treatment.  She is doing great.  We are still going through her treatment and they were supposed to fax in the paper work some time back.  I am so sorry about this.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
We did finally receive the bill for Lyn's treatment on April 30th. We paid the amount that was in Lyn's account, and the vet says that she will work out the remaining balance with Lyn's family.

I'm glad to read that Lyn is doing great. I hope she continues to do well for a long time.

Tracy/ IMOM

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Oh good.  It is good to hear about Lyn.

Debbie and Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users