Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Reece Teague, diabetic Yorkie - fully sponsored!

• Please log in to reply
1811 replies to this topic

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,299 posts
dog2.gif

Hi Jason, Tammy &  ..especially Reece!   Gosh, I still can't get over those pictures of him.  He is too cute!!!

Hey, that's a good tip on getting blood sample...am going to try it next time with Zoom.  I hope they have gotten Reece's insulin straightened out..... I know with Zoom I have to give it to her 2x a day.  She does not love those needles!  

Give Reece lotsa hugs & kisses from Zoom & I (am on Social Security too ... know how difficult the smallest things can be!) ....hang in there....all of you, and sending you the best thoughts ..

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Thank you Susan! Well I got to visit with my vet today about this, and we are going to continue to monitor him, but try the 3u 2x's a day. I will know more tommorrow with the readings and will phone them into him.

I hope the tip will help you get better results with the testing. It really has worked for us and it makes it so much better on him as I am not having to pump it out of his poor lil ear :(

Keep me posted on Zoom, Ill be peeking in to see how yall are doing!

HUGS right back!
Tammy & Reece

Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Checking in on Reecey and his family. I hope things went well at the vet today. Please give Reece a smooch from me, right on top of his adorable little head!

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Laurie, he is sending them back three fold hehe! He is a generous lil lover I tell ya!!!!!!

Really good news on the divided insulin dosages. He has done well so far! This morning was 105, and then at noon it was 72. Last night before I gave him the 2 units, it was 270. Overall I think this is so far so good. I will keep everyone posted and appreciate the love and caring!!

hugs.gif
Tammy & Reece

Posted Image

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,
How is my baby boy doing?  It sounds like his levels are becoming more stablized.  Twice a day is definately the way to go.  I was surprised he was only getting one a day.  I had asked our vet if there was a way to get by with once a day or pills and she said no.  Anyway I just wanted to say that you guys are doing a great job posting!  It took a month or so to get a sponsor for Mr. Wiggles but now he has 3, all with about 2 weeks.  The funds will come so don't get discouraged.  IMOM and its sponsors and supporters are outstanding and very compasionate angels who always come through.  I can't say enough about them.  Keep up the great work.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers.  Give baby Reece lots of kisses for me.

Wiggles kisses to all,
Lora & Mr. Wiggles   pp_animal_564.gif
:hugs:
Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Hi Lora, I saw that you got more sponsors, I am so happy for you guys! That is just wonderful! Thank you also for your encouragement!

We are having a bad bad day today. Poor baby, he is so sick, it is the pancreatitis no doubt. He has thrown up and has been running a temp. All I can do is hold him and comfort him and give him the pedialyte to keep him from dehydrating. With the pancreatitis you are supposed to withold the food to let it heal itself.

I will keep everyone posted, it breaks my heart to seem him suffering so its just heart wrenching broken_heart.gif

HUGS and thank you SO MUCH for caring it means the world to us!
Tammy & Reece

Posted Image

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Good Sunday morning my friends. My heart is so heavy this morning, our poor little boy he is so sick. I have placed a call through our ER services to contact our vet, we are waiting to hear back. We had a long and rough night. He has been unable to keep any liquids down. He has been running a fever and just slumped over in pain. I will post again when we hear back and know something. I feel so helpless broken_heart.gif Tammy & Reece

Posted Image

Leslie B.

Leslie B.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 400 posts
Jason and Tammy,

I am so sorry that Reece is so ill  sad.gif .  I hope your vet can do something to ease his pain.  I will be anxiously awaiting an update.

hugs.gif

Leslie  whitekitty.gif

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Aw...poor Reece! He is such a cutie and so young to be dealing with all of this!

We will be thinking of him and keeping him in our thoughts. I hope he pulls through this quickly and feels better soon.

Hugs heart.gif
Gabs
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Thank you Leslie and Gabs,
I emailed Tracy and gave her an update but also wanted to do that here too. Thank you all for your support. Means a lot.
He is still very ill. The vet phones us back and instructed us to give 3cc of pepto bismol and continue to try to give the pedialyte and fluids. If we are not sucessful we will have to take him in tonight, he said he could meet us at the clinic. PTL for a good vet! He instructed us to have him there first thing in the morning if we can keep liquids in his this evening.
Also he instructed us to pull the skin up to see if he is dehydrated. Apparently if it doesnt snap back it is a sign. It did, however, so that is a plus. His sugar was 240. We didnt give insulin because he is unable to eat.
I will post again when I can.
pray for our baby, love and hugs, tammy

Posted Image

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
I just wanted to update you all on Reece. We made it through the night, Jason and I alternating being up with him. Made it to the vets office this morning. However, he will be hospitalized until he improves. He was in critical condition, we have visited him twice today, and I took him his bed and a blankie-hoping it will help him feel closer to us. We will be discussing with the vet our routines to make sure it is nothing we can do different. He feels certain we will see a huge improvement within a few days, and is thinking he can come home by Friday. We are not rushing it though, we want him completely better. They have him on iv support, antibiotics, nutrients and also something to help settle his tum. He threw up once while we were there, not much so we hope that is going to improve as well. The vet said when we called tonight that he was showing some improvements in his blood work. We are very encouraged by that!! He is such a fighter, I just know he feels our love and dedication for him! It is so lonely here without him, the little piter pater of his feet following me wherever I go. But in my heart I know he is getting the help he needed. We are going to call at 9:30 cst to check in with him and I will update you all then again. Please continue to pray for us.
HUGS Tammy & Reece

Posted Image

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
Poor little Reecey!  It seems the last few days have been rough ones for the young diabetics, both two-legged and four-legged.  I often wonder if that old full moon that just passed over doesn't have something to do with it, sometimes.

Glad to hear the bloodwork showed improvement.  We'll be praying for him and for you!

Paula(2)
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

heart.gif Truly with all our heart, we are blessed by your act of love and kindness, thank you so much. God bless you! heart.gif
Jason, Tammy & Reece

Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,610 posts
Poor baby. I'm so sorry that sweet Reece is so sick. Mike and I are sending some big prayers up for him. Hang in there mom and dad... he'll be home with you soon.

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
AWWW! Thank you Paula and Mike & Mom, so sweet of you! Your prayers mean the world to us!
thanks3.gif
Tammy

Posted Image

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Jason & Tammy,
I've been away from my computer a couple of days but I just read about baby Reece.  I am so sorry he is feeling bad.  I know from Mr. Wiggles being in the hospital that it's rough when they are not home with you.  When Mr. Wiggles has to go, we have to take him to his regular vet in the morning then to the emergency clinic at 6:00 because no one is on duty in the evenings at his normal vet.  That seems to be the way all the vets are around here.  I'm sure with some IV fluids, some medicine for his tummy, and a couple days and baby Reece will be feeling much better.  Give him a bunch of kisses for me, he is so adorable!  I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.  hugs.gif    Also it is really great news you have your first sponsor!

Wiggles kisses to you both,

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Hi Lora!!! Your so sweet, thank you so much!
The vet called us this morning and his blood work is showing some improvement. We were encouraged by that but we will be driving to see him at 3 this afternoon. I want to see how he is and I miss him so much! Thank you knowing you understand makes it easier to share!
BIG HUGS,
Tammy

Posted Image

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Hi Jason, Tammy, & Reece,
I'm glad to hear baby Reece's bloodwork looks better.  I know you must miss him terribly.  Rest assured he is in good hands and you are doing the very best for him.  Give him lots of kisses for me and Mr. Wiggles.

Thank you so much to the angel who donated to baby Reece.  I know his Mommy and Daddy are relieved to see funds coming in to help their baby boy.  I am always amazed to see people who have never personally seen a pet in need willing to help out in time of need.  God bless you!  hugs.gif

Wiggles kisses to all!

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
Hi Jason and Tammy,

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Reece's bloodwork is looking better. I hope he is soon able to go home to you. I miss my kitty Cody so much when he has to stay at the hospital. I know it must be hard to not have Reece at home.

hugs.gif

Sending lots of good thoughts for Reece.
Tracy  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Words aren't enough for our gratitude, it means so much that kind people like you have such love in your heart to give our baby continued health! Thank you so much!
heart.gif HUGS Jason, Tammy & Reece heart.gif

Posted Image

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Lora and Tracy, thank you for checking in on our boy. He is home for tonight YA!!!!!!
We take him back in the morning just to see how he is fairing. He still isnt eating, but the doc said not to force him he will when his tummy is ready.

Ill keep you all posted after tommorrow in the meantime we are  going to fight over who gets to hold him hehe! I am winning!
Tammy

Posted Image

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Our little recovering angel...
he still has his catheter in, but we go back tommorrow to see if he needs more fluids and for more antibiotics! Appreciate your continued prayers for our baby!
Jason

Posted Image

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Hello Jason, Tammy, & Reece,
Welcome home baby Reece!  We have been really worried about you.  I know it feels great to have baby Reece back home with you.  I'm sure you both were fighting about who gets to hold the baby.  No worry, I can tell baby Reece has a lot of love to go around.  The pictures you posted last were adorable!  You have him looking really cute.  I hope all is going well for you all.  Give baby Reece a ton of pets and kisses from me.  Mr. Wiggles said to send you kisses from him too.  Take care and enjoy your time with the baby.  Keep us posted.

Wiggles kisses to all!
Lora & Mr. Wiggles

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Jason and Tammy, I sure hope Reece is doing better today. I'm trying not to be worried that we haven't heard from you today... hopefully all is well with the cute one. All fingers and paws in my household are crossed for good news.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,299 posts

sad.gif

Aw gee....Tammy & Jason .....just checking on you all and see Reece has been so sick.  I hope your little guy continues to do better.  Please know am sending some great big power prayers for you all and putting you on my prayer chain too for little Reece
(they're  used to me ....they've all prayed for Zoom before!) so hope he's home soon and you'll be hearing his little pitter patter behind you once again Tammy!

Sending lots of Zoom kisses ...

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Oh Susan! Your such a doll, thank you prayers make the difference! HUGS! Tammy

Posted Image

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Hello friends,
so really great news over the weekend. Reece has gotten his appetite back and is a much more rigid feeding schedule. We havent been able to give his normal insulin in a while because he hasnt eaten well enough. today was a good day and he did pretty good. I am hoping we can get back into routine in the a.m. he is feeling like his old self, so we are happy about this!
thank you all for your prayers and your sweet support during this time too!
love and hugs, tammy

Posted Image

Lora

Lora

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 672 posts
Jason, Tammy, & Reece,
I'm so glad baby Reece is feeling better.  I have been really worried about him.  I hope you made up for the time he was in the hospital with extra hugs and kisses.  Give baby Reece some kisses for me and Mr. Wiggles too.

Angels,
Baby Reece is a sweet little pup and needs your help.  He is still in need of $50 per month to help cover his diabetes testing, vet visits, and supplies.  Take a look at his cute little face and read about the problems he's been having at such a young age.  I know any amount you can sponsor him for will be greatly appreciated.  If you can't sponsor monthly, IMOM also takes one time donations.  Remember no amount is too small.  God will richly bless you in return.  Thank you.

Wiggles kisses to all!
Lora & Mr. Wiggles  pp_animal_564.gif

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
Lora so sweet of you! Thanks dear friend!
We have had a really good day, good readings and he has felt really good. It is one day at a time with these furbabies isnt it! I will post again tomorrow and check and see how you all are too! HUGS and nighty night!
Tammy

Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,610 posts
I am soooooo sorry I haven't been around for a few days... but I'm so very happy that sweet little Reece is back home and starting to feel better. Please know that even though I haven't posted.. you and Reece are still always in my prayers.

Give that sweet baby some belly rubs from me and nose kisses from Mike.

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users