Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Sydney - Part 2

• Please log in to reply
1058 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Sydney has over 1000 posts in this thread.  I am starting a new Chapter for Sydney.

Here's the link to Syndey Part 1 >>  http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=2866

Edited by Linda IMOM, 25 December 2007 - 10:05 PM.

marywel

marywel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 602 posts
i'm hoping that syd continues to do well with the meds and is as happy and comfortable as possible ... may strength, health and only good things be on the horizon for you all smile.gif
*HUGS*
Please visit and pass the link along! THANKS! : http://battlebeads.com

Intelligence is never measured by those who can yell the loudest or curse the most.

Learning to step back, and to examine your OWN heart (before you give someone a piece of your mind) is one of the best ways to grow peace in your soul.

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Just a quick note to say we had a nice holiday.. the kids (fur and skin) have been keeping me busy. I hope everyone had a great Christmas / Holiday  and I'll post more later tonight (and have some great pics too! )  !!
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Sydney is doing pretty well. I can tell the Leukeran is making her tummy not feel so great so I am going to talk to Dr. Bill tomm. and see if he has any suggestions. I've had to coax her into eating several times this week and that hasn't been an issue for some time.   Sydney has bloodwork and will get an injection of vincristine tomm. I am so hoping to hear some better blood values now that the leukeran is in play.

We had a nice holiday. Spent some time with friends and visited my cousin lastnight. Her new puppy she adopted from the pound (Toby) is just a doll baby. I have never felt a puppy so soft in my entire life (and I've squeezed quite a few pups! LOL).

I hope all of you had a great holiday.... I'm off to catch up on the threads visting everyone !!

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

Guest_molliesmom_*

Guest_molliesmom_*
  • Guests
Merry Christmas Michelle (though it is late).  Sorry to hear Sidda's tummy is acting up.  My doc has Mollie on the equivalent of human Reglan, and also Pepcid if needed.  It works really great for her.  Maybe that would help sweet Sydney!

Have a great New Year's, and sorry it has been so long since I have been in touch!  I have been very depressed, to the point of just staying in bed almost all day which isn't good for me or Mollie, but it hits me now and again and take a bit to get over.  Just know that I always think of you and the dorks!

Give Sidda and silly Charlie lots of love from us!

hugs.gif

Gail & Mollie

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Hey Michelle,  Thanks for coming to check on jack.  I am sorry to hear that Miss Syd is having the tummy icks, but glad to hear you had a great Christmas.  New puppy huh?   I am jealous.  It has been a long time since I held a puppy.  I always end up with rescues that have left that soft puppy stage.  Give that baby another hug for me next time you see him.

My sis rescued a kitten  catwatching.gif from a nutsy breeder she saw online.  She drove four hours and found deplorable conditions there.  Took one home and is now having health problems.  We are all hoping that little Carrabino will pull through.  So many to rescue and so few to do i t.  

Give Miss Syd some soft hugs from Jack and tell Mr. Charlie we love him.  Love you, too, dear friend

Debbie and jack dogsled.gif

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Syndey's chemo went well today... her blood was pretty much the same as last time ... so not much change (lymphocytes still high). There were some low protein values which could be the same or a recurring bladder issue (she peed on the floor twice again).... but she wouldn't donate pee for Dr. Bill.  I had to get a urine when I got there and I didn't get the results back yet. My guess is that she still has an infection.  No swelling of the lymphnodes and she's looking great - her weight was 71 only 2 lbs different than when she was diagnosed !!  That was great (she had been down in the lower 60's for a short time smile.gif

I posted some pictures of Syd & Charlie over in our Santa Paws thread. I even tried to post a video of Charlie with his present from paula1 .... not sure if it works for others or not though ?   I have a couple of pictures of Toby too that I will share when I pull them off my camera.

hugs.gif

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

bluedazy

bluedazy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 332 posts
Hi Michelle. Glad to hear that Syd's chemo went well. Hopefully the test results come back soon and that they are "good". Sorry to hear the meds are causing tummy troubles again.  sad.gif We're sending warm thoughts and prayers your way that Miss Syd will be feeling much better soon!

XOXOXO
Michelle, Daisy and Blue

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
Hey Michelle....

Really glad that our girl is doing so well.  Mike, on the other hand, is having some real problems. I'm really too messed up to write it all again here, so check out his thread. Sorry, didn't want to be a bummer here, but I know everyone checks on Syd and I'm just asking for prayers for my boy... as many prayers as we can get.

Love you guys!!!

Love & Blessings,
Joanna & Mike

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
QUOTE (MikesMom @ Dec 28 2007, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really glad that our girl is doing so well.  Mike, on the other hand, is having some real problems. I'm really too messed up to write it all again here, so check out his thread. Sorry, didn't want to be a bummer here, but I know everyone checks on Syd and I'm just asking for prayers for my boy... as many prayers as we can get.

Joanna - all our prayers are comin' right at you! I just saw the email that Mike was back in fundraising. I am so sorry that I haven't checked in on him in awhile I feel terrible.

Angels - PLEASE help Mike if you can. He needs surgery ASAP ! And IMOM is matching donations!!  Go to his thread in general fundraising and send whatever you can spare !

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
Hey There...

Just stopped in to check on our beautiful Sydney and that rascal Charlie!!! This pics of them on the Santa page were AWESOME!!! Boy, you can really see the personality in those eyes of theirs. AND... it's amazing how well they write too... especially for their age... they are geniuses!  I couldn't open the video though  sad.gif

Thanks so much for supporting Mike on Syd's thread. We really do appreciate it.
hugs.gif and Love, Blessings & WWNK,
Joanna & Mike

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,871 posts
I hope u get Syd's results of the U/A tmw. Poor baby. I am glad though she handled the last chemo pretty well.

I'll check out the pics of the kids.

So how is Syd doing on funding?? I didn't check to see how much of a "cushion" she has--what I am wondering is when Syd needs that extra $75 sponsorship??

Please angels, help Syd--it will be wonderful when Syd is at "fully sponsored"!!!!!

Hugs to u and Syd.

Have a great New Years eve and day--and a blessed 2008!!! Be safe!

Posted Image

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Well, we got the results of the U/A and there was blood in her urine again. Not a LOT but enough to indicate something is going on again. So she's back on the antibiotics. At least we found one that doesn't make her go off of food (and it's on the $4 walmart list !! YAY!!! )

I'm noticing a "pattern" develop with the Leukeran. On the days she gets it... she's very shakey / wants to lay down a lot , burps like CRAZY, and is picky about eating. On the days she doesn't she seems fine.  So Dr. Bill is going to talk to the oncologist and see what he thinks. They may add some new supportive medications for the apparent GI upset and possibly back down on her pred (he thinks that might be complicating the urine issues).

Joanna ~  I am sooooooo bummed I can't figure out how to get that video of Charlie posted. If anyone knows how to post a video and would let me send it to them so they can post it - send me a PM . It's cute!!!

Cindy ~ I am not sure about Sydney's fund.  She had $584 on Dec. 18th but she's had chemo since then and Juli has (or will be)  ordering Leukeran (a month worth)  so I don't know where we are. I THINK we will be okay for next month's chemo but maybe not another Leukeran order or monthly chemo???  

I am off to check up on everyone ... I've missed so many threads lately !!!
hugs.gif

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
Hi Michelle...

Just wanted to touch base with you. I tried to e-mail or message you, and I was told I wasn't "permitted" to. No idea why. Anyway.. I'm just kind of bummed tonight and saw you were online.. guess I just need a hug.

I hope Syd's feeling better. I'm glad you caught the pattern. That's the first step to solving the problem. Give Syd & Char a big hug from me.

Thank you so much for your help. God Bless You.

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
Hi Michelle, I use a website called Photobucket you can upload videos to it and post the link and people can view it from their site, or you've got my email from the SS so send me the video and I will be more than happy to post it for you. I have to wait until I get to work on Wednesday though I have dial up at home and it will take forever but at work we have Road Runner, so I can have it up in no time.

I hope Sydney is feeling better. Give both her Charlie and yourself a great big hug
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

bluedazy

bluedazy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 332 posts
Hi Michelle. Just stopping by to wish you and Syd a very happy new year!!!

Sorry to hear that Syd needs to go on antibiotics again and that her Leukeran (sp?) is irritating her tummy so much! Hopefully there is a new med that will alleviate the tummy troubles!

XOXOXOXO
Michjelle, Daisy and Blue

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
Hey Michelle...

This won't be long because I'm trying to hit everyone's thread. It feels like a long time since I've done that, even though it's only been a couple of days. But, as I'm sure you know, my mind has been pretty much a blur lately.

I wanted to ask you about something. You said you get e-mails when you get a message here? How come I never got an e-mail? I wonder if I came in after they stopped it or something. Oh well.. I check all the time anyway, but I just thought it was kind of cool (and I'm missing out  sad.gif LOL)

Anyway, Mike and I want to wish you the happiest, most blessed and HEALTHIEST New Year ever.

Love, Blessings & WWNK,
Joanna & MIke

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,871 posts
banana.gif YAY, I see Syd is sponsored IN FULL!!!!!! I am soooo happy! What a way to start 2008!!
Hugs to u both!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
OMG Cindy I just noticed. Wow what wonderful news. Thank you so much Angel who has helped Miss Sydney out.

Joanne, down at the bottom where you click on add reply under post options there is a box to tick for email reply's. I'm guessing that possibly when we switched over it canceled all that stuff.

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Jan 1 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
banana.gif YAY, I see Syd is sponsored IN FULL!!!!!! I am soooo happy! What a way to start 2008!!
Hugs to u both!

Where did you see that Syd is sponsored in full??????? Deb told me this too, so I had to come back and see for myself.  I must have missed it somehow... and still couldn't find it...... BUT I'm not questioning it.
WAY TO GO ANGELS FOR GETTING OUR GIRL FULLY SPONSORED!!!!  thanks3.gif  roll.gif roll.gif   claphands.gif claphands.gif claphands.gif happydance.gif happydance.gif happydance.gif      She really deserves it... and so does her wonderful MOM!!!

Thanks again Angels!!! Blessings to all of you!!!

tank7486

tank7486

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 121 posts
Hey Sydney,
Good job with your therapy, Michelle we are always thinking about our boy Sydney. He is blessed with a wonderful person to look over him, congrads to you both. Its a new year and with it we pray for a recovery like never before, perhaps a miracle. We all now this is the place where its possible... Hats off to Sydney!!

ROTTY HUGS AND UNCONTROLLABLE TAIL WAGGING!!!!
                                                                          Friends always,
                                                                                   Bill and Mr. Tank

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,871 posts
It says it where it used to say $75/month needed under Syd's name on the forum page. Plus now when it had who still needs sponsored that Juli updates on this forum--it just has Tuck and Snickers. No Syd anymore!!! WHOO-HOO
Posted Image

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Miss Syd and Mikey both sponsored!  How cool is that? bravo.gif  aktion033.gif

That's the way to start off the new year!   Makes Jack want to  pp_animal_362.gif

So sharp of you Michelle to notice that pattern.  I have said it before and I will say it again, you are the most amazing mom to your babies.   motimonkey.gif
I am hoping that the blood in the urine can be quickly cleared with the anitbiotic and it is cheap?  That makes it doubly wonderful. cool026.gif

Sorry  I haven't posted but I have been keeping up with you and Miss Syd and or course that little cutie Charlie.  Appreciate all your support for Jack and me, dear friend.

Love and big Husky hugs
Debbie and Jack dogsled.gif

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR SYDNEY.  I can't be any happier for you sweet girl.  I know how much your mom loves you and want you to know we all LOVE you and are praying for you.

Great Job Michelle in helping your girl reach ALL FUNDS RAISED.....

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

marywel

marywel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 602 posts
we're wishing the best for you and yours this coming new year .... snuzzles and huggles from our house to yours! smile.gif
*HUGS*
Please visit and pass the link along! THANKS! : http://battlebeads.com

Intelligence is never measured by those who can yell the loudest or curse the most.

Learning to step back, and to examine your OWN heart (before you give someone a piece of your mind) is one of the best ways to grow peace in your soul.

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Well, I am ringing in the new year right with a wicked flu   tongue.gif  

Thankfully Sydney seems to be feeling just great today !! She's been keepin' mama warm and cozy with lots of kisses.

I did not want anyone to think I had disappeared and am soooo happy to see Sydney fully sponsored.

banana.gif  banana.gif  banana.gif
thanks3.gif
So much to the special angel donor and to ALL of Sydney's donors. With out ALL of you, IMOM, Jacki, Dr. Bill & his staff.... my girl would NOT have seen 2008 !  You all mean EVERYTHING to us.  Thank you thank you thank you !!!

I am going to post more later ... I feel another bathroom trip coming on....... sad.gif
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
Wow Michelle, I hope you are feeling better. I'm sure labradork warmth and kisses do wonders when you are sick, I know rotti's do.

Feel better and give Sydney and Charlie a big hug from us.

Posted ImagePosted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
What a great way to start out the New Year!!!! For Miss Sydney that is (not you.... the flu is just not an option here Michelle). I'm thrilled that Syd's fully sponsored. I was really feeling guilty for not being able to keep up on the fundraising since Mike got so sick. But thank God he's getting the surgery (in about an hour) and Sydney is funded for her treatments. HALLELUJAH!!!

Now, Michelle, here's a plan for you.... old remedies work great... rub a bunch of Vicks on your chest and cover it with a flannel cloth, take a couple of Immodium, put on your warmest and fuzziest jammies, take a shot (or two) of whiskey, and have the kids cuddle up with you for four or five hours.... all this will guarantee you feeling better in no time. tongue.gif If it doesn't work the first time... shampoo, rinse.. and try it again (especially the shots) blink.gif Even if you don't feel better... the booze will make you not care. LOL

By the way.. I found another picture for you if Charlie ever wants to have another fridge sale... here it is....
Attached File  The_hell_with_the_diet.jpg   64.39K   78 downloads

Thank you so much for your love and support. Feel Better Soon!!!  hugs.gif to Syd & Charlie.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,564 posts
Hi Michelle and Syd,

I am SO happy that the new year starts off with Sydney fully sponsored!!  banana.gif THANK YOU to the special angels that made this possible.

I'm very glad to see that Syd is doing well. But you have got to get over that nasty flu and get to feeling better very soon! Get lots of rest and fur therapy. Cody sends gentle head rubs.

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Michelle, I'm just thrilled that Sydney is fully sponsored!  banana.gif

Widget asked that I tell you he's very happy, too. He says he's sure his personal Internet stalker is a wonderful mommy to his canine cousin Sydney, and he's so pleased for you both. But he wants you to get rid of that nasty flu as soon as possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)