Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 6

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,575 posts
Yep... right along with Michelle and Judy... snow started around 11:30. It's 2:20 now, and we've already got about 3" on top of what we had before. It's really nasty out. Not suppose to stop until 3:30 a.m. Sunday. Nasty, nasty, nasty. I hope no one has to travel in this stuff over the weekend. If you do... be safe.

Just wanted to let you know I've put pictures on Mike and Katie on PhotoBucket. I'm so glad my brother let me borrow his camera. Here's the link Pictures of Mike & Katie  Enjoy!

Praying for more ice cream cones tonight!!
Love & Hugs

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
Oh, man I just wrote long responses to everyone, and don't have time to do them all again.

Tuck and Justice are OK. Tuck did fine with the decreased ACE--hope it continues that way.
Tonight with any luck they will be at 7 and 8 days!

Hi Joanna, Michelle and Judy, sorry, gonna make this quick before I lose everything again.
Joanna, I am glad u weren't badly hurt. I will check out the pics this weekend. I just borrowed Carol and David phone line so I could post this-so can't stay on it. I'm anxious to see the kids!!!! Hugs

Michelle, I posted on Syd's thread last night and lost it. This phone line sucks. Verizon need to order something, so I may be doing short posts for awhile!
I hope the wind dies down or at least doen't get worse for Syd and Tuck's sake! Hugs

Hi Judy, I won't be surprised if we lose power totally again. Even though we only have a few inches on the ground at the moment--with it still coming down fast and the wind--it's near blizzard like conditions.
We should get between 11.6-14". We are kind of between Mansfield and Wooster on the map--so it depends on how the wind blows--literally.
I hope u stay home this weekend--they say it will be treacherous out there.
Stay warm and safe!!!! hugs to u, Dale and the kids

Thanks so much angels.

I'm not sure when I will get back on. It depends on my phone line and also if we have power.
Take care everyone!!!

wbd3.jpg
Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,564 posts
Hi Cindy,

I am so happy to see the boys on such long trains ! banana.gif  banana.gif I hope they stay on. And speaking of "staying on" - I hope that is the case for your lights and power! I hope your bad weather doesn't continue. Cody and I send lots of  hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
gosh I am so glad to see it is still good news for the boys.  Hoping the wind hasn't upset the apple cart with them.  I know how they dislike the wind.

We didn't get much snow maybe two inches this morning, however, it is bitterly cold and windy, too.
Know that I am thinking of you daily and praying for good times for you all

Love and Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
We are under a "blizzard watch" now, and they think during the night it will change to a "blizzard warning".
It's so weird. It's hard to tell how much snow is on the ground becuz the winds are whipping the snow all over the place. Carol and David had to get to the barn to feed the horses, and they think we have abt 6". It's nearly impossible to tell.

Poor Tuckiebutt. He goes out and walks, and suddenly goes from just a snow covering on the ground, to an 8" drift. I think it is confusing him. There is an area that has been shoveled and swept, but it's hard to tell due to the heavy winds. I know tmw the drifts will be really bad. Frankly, I am a little surprised neither pupper has broken through with seizure activity. I am so glad they are OK right now.
Cute Tuckie story. Yesterday he realized he could see his reflection off the metal cage he was in. He was so funny, he would look at all angles at this other puppy he could see. He cocked his head a couple times. Just too darn cute!
It must look very different since he is nearly blind in his right eye.

Tucker is at SEVEN DAYS!!

=======================T icecream5.gif  icecream2.gif  turtle2.gif =======================

Justice is at EIGHT DAYS!!

=======================J icecream5.gif  icecream3.gif  turtle2.gif =======================

Hi Tracy, so far we still have power. The thing I absolutely hate when we lose power, is losing water too. We have a well with an electric pump. I can handle everything else OK--well it gets very cold, but there are 2 gas fireplaces that really help-but losing water is so not good!
At the moment we have all tubs filled with water, so we can flush and use it for some things.
I am going to get some pics of the boys in the snow tmw---that is if I can see them--and that's no joke.

Be back when I can.
Stay warm everyone!

Angels, thanks so very much--Tuckie and Justice's Keppra arrived today. Bless each and every one of u for saving my boys. heart.gif
Chin scritches for Cody and hugs for u...chin scritches too if u want! tongue.gif

Joanna, I went thru and enjoyed all 30 (I think pics). What a cute pair Mike and Katie are. You captions were so cute too.
I hope things start looking better with ur family, and u and the kids have some peace and quiet.
Hugs to the 3 of u!

Hi Debbie, I am glad u only got a couple inches of snow. I'll tell u, even with a small amount, when the wind is whipping, it looks like a foot has fallen!!
I think of u and Jack so much. I bet he might like ths blizzard like conditions we are having!!
I always hold u both in my heart!!
hugs

wbd3.jpg

Well, tmw is forecast to be much worse then even today, so I hope to be able to get here at some point.
Stay warm everyone!

Edited by k9sign, 08 March 2008 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Chug-a-lug-a-lug, love to see those trains!

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
Wow 7 & 8 Days, this is awesome. I'm so glad the boys are both doing good and also that Tuckie likes his therapist. Thats very important.

Oh no Cindy, I'm so sorry your getting pounded with snow. It started raining about 3:30 pm yesterday then about 4:30 it switched over to really heavy snow, we got about 3 inches in an hour, then it went back to rain. I had to work at the club last night doing a fish fry and left about 7:30. the main roads were fine but they hadn't touched my road. It was fun driving thru 3 inches of slush. Right now I think its just raining if anything. all kinds of snow stick to the tree's though. I don't know if we are going to get anything else or not. The weather man mentioned something about the kitchen sink this morning.

I just had to go out and de-ice the satellite. It started pouring down rain and now every thing is coated. Had to drive the truck up the drive way so I didn't fall, which is a good thing as I got soaked just walking from the truck to the satellite. Only downfall of not having cable. And its still going in and out.

I hope you don't lose power, I hate that being out of water too, mine well pump is electric. I have a 30 gal holding tank so if it does go out I've got 30 gals of leeway. My mom listens to the scanner and they are saying with this ice we could be without power tonight when the temps drop. So I'm keeping my laptop charged just in case.

BTW Riley is about 9 yrs old we think. Jake is 4. Riley was limping a little bit last night but seems fine today. He loves it when I massage his back legs. Just stands or lays there and stretches them out. I'm sure it must feel good. I hope it gives him some relief too. I'm hoping that essence works too, I don't want to put him on heavy duty drugs if I can help it.

Big hugs to you and the boys, stay warm and dry and i hope they figure out whats wrong with your phone line soon.
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
Hi everyone,

We have over a foot of snow, and it is still coming down. It's supposed to get worse abt 3pm, and then taper off abt 6pm.

The boys made it through last night. I hope tonight Tuck will be at 8 days and Justice at 9 days.

The boys both love running in the snow. Tuck was trying to do his bunny hops in the snow before a path and small area were shoveled in the small back yard. He really tried, and it was so cute that his bunny hop's looked like a drunk bunny. His right side couldn't keep up with his left side in hopping.
Justice was hysterical though. I wish I had it on video. After the path and small area were shoveled, he went outside, and he was running back and forth down the path and then decided to jump off the path. Now the "walls" of the path are abt 13"- 24" high (depending on drifts), and he is only 13 1/4" at the withers. Well when he jumped over the wall of snow--he jumped into a deep area and almost totally disappeared. U could barely see his ears. But before I could finish a gasp--he shot straight up out of the snow and started bunny hopping until he was back on the path. He loved it.
We aren't letting them in the big yard becuz there is 14" on the ground, and that's before the blowing and drifts.

Hi Laurie, I love the boys are doing so good!! They are keeping Coot busy between his naps. LOL.
Hugs to u and the kids.

The snow is still coming , and will keep coming for a few more hours. We have kept power so far. The warning is over at MN. I hope to get back on line later.

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
Tuckie is at EIGHT DAYS!

================T icecream5.gif  icecream3.gif  turtle2.gif =================

Justice is at NINE DAYS!

==================J icecream5.gif  icecream4.gif  turtle2.gif =================

The meterorologist gave instructions of measuring the snowfall, so Carol went out with a yard stick and measured 3 different places (not close to the house) and the average was 17". The snow is even over the horses carpus' (knees).
As you can guess it's deeper then the boys are tall.

I am about to give the boys their meds, and then take them outside. They do have a path and small area we have done our best to keep shoveled. It's still a few inches, but at least they can walk, and not sink through the snow. The good thing is, it's not the heavy/wet snow that is great to build snowmen with--but horrible to shovel and it is more likely to lose power with.
This snow is light and fluffy.
I am putting a blanket in the dryer for a few minutes, so when the boys come in and I tuck them in, they will snuggle under the warmth.

Thanks so much angels.

Stay warm and safe!

Oh, Deb, I don't know how I missed ur post.
We have been lucky not to lose power. I sure hope u didn't!!
I didn't remember that Riley is 9yo. I thought they were closer in age--like 5yo and 4yo. Massage really does help, and I am not surprised he likes it. I hope the essences work. You have had pretty good luck with essences from where u get them--so I bet this will work too.
Hugs to u and the kids...and please be careful driving!!

Edited by k9sign, 09 March 2008 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
Well, I have to admit I'm glad I didn't decide to visit my brother for his birthday this year -- I might never have made it to Dutch Heritage for lunch -- or, if I had, you'd not have made it from the house smile.gif  It's not good when Columbus is the lead story on the weather channel.  I am thrilled to see those trains!!!  You guys stay warm and safe -- thinking about ya, as always!

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
Glad to hear you made it through the blizzard-- happier yet to see those TRAINS!!

I was actually surprised to learn this snowfall was a record for Columbus... I thought storms like this were normal winter weather.  It made me remember the four months I spent camped out in a hotel in fair Dublin, Ohio (working).

Be careful when you go outside with the puppers!

Paula(2)
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,575 posts
I just am thrilled to death that the trains are still going full speed!!!  banana.gif banana.gif  

Well... the kids and I are pretty much snowbound.  tongue.gif  The drifts by the back door where the pups go potty are almost to my neck (I'm 5' tall).  The only place they could go is about a 3 to 4 foot area where I kept sweeping away from the door all afternoon yesterday and all last night. Thank goodness I started doing that when it got to about 3" otherwise, they'd "really" be confused about why they couldn't go out.

Poor Mikey.. I'm afraid he's gotten a constipated because he doesn't have room enough to walk around like he does to prepare himself to go. He tried to go last night, but was only a "tiny" bit successful. I've given him  a couple of tablespoons of applesauce this morning (which he loves) to hopefully loosen up a bit and make him not so fussy about his walking ritual.

Katie is really getting to know the rules around here. She's so funny... anytime she does anything that she "thinks" is wrong, she'll go sit right up next to Mike and look at me like... "my big brother will protect me"  rolleyes.gif  It's just toooooooooo funny.

They played all morning, and Mike (even with his leg.. which seems like it's much better today) just couldn't get enough of trying to chase her, but of course, he just couldn't keep up.

Okey Doke.. gonna go check on some other threads. Give the boys some hugs for me, and keep those towels warm. cool.gif

Love & Hugs

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
I can't believe we didn't lose power during that "blizzard like" storm! I can't believe the boys didn't break through either!! aktion033.gif

Tuck was restless for a few hours during the night, but didn't pace.
Carol asked me this AM if Tuck had a seizure during the night, and I told her no he was OK. David had thought he seemed drugged this AM and very weak. For David to notice, it must have been pretty bad. I had already noticed he seemed "off".  But...then he went into the front yard and bounced around in the snow. He went way out, and I was videotaping, and he looked like he had sat down, and Carol says, oh God, don't tell me I have to go get him. But I don't think he was sitting-the snow was so deep it just looked that way. He got back on a path that Justice had already made by bouncing all over and came back--I swear he was smiling. My 2 were the only ones that ventured way out in the yard.

I hope tonight Tuck will be at 9 and Justice at 10!!!

Hi Kay, u are not going to believe it, but I was watching all the closings they ran across the bottom of the TV and Dutch Heritage  was closed yesterday!! You would have come to the Ohio border and skedaddled back home--no place was left untouched by either freezing rain or snow. We think ur bro should celebrate in July. LOL.
I think of u all the time, and hope u are safe in ur travels. Hugs to u and the kitty klan.

Hi Paula(2), A big storm in Columbus would be maybe 10" when I lived there. I can't believe the difference in the snow we get now up in north central Ohio. But, this is the first time that Columbus actually got more then we did. I remember 2 years ago, I called and canceled an appt in Columbus becuz of snow--they had no snow...we had 18".
Dublin, Westerville and Worthington (all suburbs of Cols) usually get close to the same as Columbus and sometimes a bit more snow.
Did u like Dublin? The home of Dave and Wendy's. I grew up in Westerville, and had friends in Dublin--which used to be really hoity toity. It's a nice place now, although really becoming even more commercialized. God help u if u were there during the Memorial Golf Tournament--life as anyone knows it stops during that week. LOL.
Thanks for checking on the boys! hugs!!

Hi Joanna, oh, my, Mike sounds like Justice. Justice was frantic running up and down a cleared path in the small yard yesterday--he couldn't find a place to poop. It takes him forever to find the perfect place, and he really gets upset if he can't find it. Finally we made a half circle from the path, becuz he wouldn't go in the path itself...then he was finally happy.
I'm so glad Mike's leg is improving. I wish he could run full out with Katie, but it's great he is playing. It's too funny and too cute that she goes to her big bro for protection from mean ole mommy. LOL.
I loved the pics of the kids on photobucket--esp the ones where they were playing together.
I am 5'2" and this snow does make things difficult--esp the drifts as high as we are.
Hugs to u and the kids

Thanks so much angels!

Thanks so much angels.

Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,575 posts
Oh by the way Cindy....

I forgot to tell you.. ALL the churches were even closed today... gee... if God can't get people to His house... we're REALLY in trouble.  huh.gif

Love Ya

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
Cindy-  I REALLY like the #10, so I hope Justice gets there, and I hope Tuck follows him.

I cannot tell a lie-- I think I wished this blizzard on Columbus!  It's a long story... let's just say someone made me mad, and I threw out the curse.  Last time I did a similar curse, it snowed in Florida in March.  So, to all of you who are suffering because of it, I'm sorry! But, it sounds like all my doggie friends like the snow... so, I'm not too sorry! laugh.gif

However, I loved the time I spent in Dublin.  I was there working with new colleagues, and the little hotel we were staying at was fun.  Besides, it got me out of Michigan in winter! happydance.gif

I hope those trains keep rolling!
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
It looks like Justice has another UTI. He is crying at the door to go out often and it looks blood tinged. He didn't have crystals a month ago, so Niki said he may be getting recurrent infections from a local infection--like a sheath infection (but I checked -it's not that) or anal glands being infected or full. Ohhh, BINGO--he keeps letting some of the ick out this past week. I figured he was empty. But she said it's often just getting rid of a tiny bit. Boy, was she right. She told me what to do, and I got a lot out. So, we hope that's why he got another UTI so soon.
Thankfully I have a 5 day emergency pack of Clavamox always on hand (wish it had been Baytril this time too), so he has had a dose.
I am praying so hard this does not set off seizures.
Paula--I like that nbr 10 too...and beyond!! Any time u can get out of Michigan is a good time. hehehe.

Joanna, yup churches were closed...and we didn't even get mail delivery. They just don't make mailpeople like they did in the old days. tongue.gif

Carol took a couple pics of the pups in the snow with her digital camera. Then she sent them to me, and now I hope I can post them.
OK, Paula(2) this is what u did...and the pups love it.
I will add a couple more in a few minutes:

The first pic is
at the top-Rustie-Justice's sib
in the middle-Abbie-Tuck's sib
bottom-Gunner-Tuck and Abbie's dad

The second pic is
top-Abbie
the little one in the middle-Justice
bottom-Gunner

Attached Files

Edited by k9sign, 09 March 2008 - 06:26 PM.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
Both of these pics are Tuckie. Look how far out he went--Justice was the only one that went out and bounced and made a path--and Tuckie was following his little bro...although he went around the tree and nearly to the far fence after the first pic was taken.
The second pic of Tuckie was after he had come back, and was contemplating following the others back down--he wanted to so much, but was SO tired he looked back and I told him, why don't we just go in and snuggle. No complaints.

Thanks so much angels. These 2 little boys would not be here to enjoy the snow (that Paula2 sent) if not for ur loving hearts in sponsoring them for their Keppra.
Both still need sponsors for their Keppra, if anyone can help--or give a one time donation...
Thanks to all the angels (any time I thank angels it is their sponsors, one time donors, and everyone who supports us and keeps me sane...and the lurkers too!!)

Here's Tuckie:

Attached Files

Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,575 posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what awesome pictures!!!! They couldn't get any cuter that this!! And what a beautiful yard you have!!

Poor Justice... I'm praying big prayers that the Clavamox works, and I'm praying it won't knock him off the train. We both know how horrible blood in the urine can be.

Thanks so much for posting on Mike's blog. It means a lot to us. By the way... Mike "finally" gave up on being so fussy.  I was getting worried because he's had a history of infected anal glands, and I was worried it might be starting up again. But... it was just a matter of finding the right spot (when the regular right spots are covered in 2 or 3 feet of snow). Whewwwww... talk about relief (more for me than for him) LOL.

I'll post on the kid's blog again tomorrow morning. Time for bed right now. Katie is sleeping on the lazy boy, and Mike's waiting for me (laying on the floor between the bedroom and hallway). I guess the time change makes more of a difference to him than it does to me.... wonder when he learned to tell time. LOL

Give the kids some belly rubs from me.
Love Ya!!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
DUH!! I forgot to post their trains last night!!

Tuckiebutt is at NINE DAYS!!

==================T icecream5.gif  icecream4.gif  turtle2.gif ==================

Justice is at TEN days!!

==================J icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif ==================

Hi Joanna, the yard is beautiful isn't it! Now u can see the evergreens that Justice froggy dives under--although he sure can't now. He made that path himself in the snow. He actually prefers to froggy dive under the trees to the right that are not in the pic.
I am glad to hear that all came out in the end for Mike.
Hugs to the 3 of u.

Thanks so much angels!!

Posted Image

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 10 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

==================T icecream5.gif  icecream4.gif  turtle2.gif ==================

Justice is at TEN days!!

==================J icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif ==================

Wow great pictures and ice cream trains !!! It doesn't get better for a Monday morning !
I  love the little path. I was wondering how the boys were doing wading through all the snow. Looks like everyone is standing on the steps going "What the heck? ? " in that one picture. LOL But I  see they are managing it !!
I saw a little schnauzer puppy at the dog park yesterday (I took my son to go sledding and the dog park is right next to the hill )  he was such a stinker harassing the bigger dogs and I just thought of your boys the entire time I was watching him smile.gif

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,575 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 10 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Justice is at TEN days!!

And today they'll make TEN AND ELEVEN!!!! Oh my gosh guys... you're doing such a GREAT JOB!!! Mike and Katie send this to you.. tell Mommy to click here Kisses from Mike & Katie

Bunches of hugs and belly rubs

debbie and jack

debbie and jack

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,093 posts
Cindy This is awesome.  How quickly things have turned around and you are headed in the right direction.  Ain't life grand?  laugh.gif   Hoping that UTI doesn't do a number on those trains.

My favorite part of your post was when you said  "I swear he was smiling."   wub.gif  wub.gif It just doesn't get any better than that does it.  Poor little puppers have been through so much and just the simple act of playing in the snow brings them joy.  We should all take a lesson!  Thanks for reminding me of the important things in life.  The simple joys!

Love and big Husky hugs,
Debbie and Jack dogsled.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
Hi Cindy,

banana.gif  banana.gif 9 and 10-day trains, oh my!!! WHOO HOO!!! I hope they keep on going.

Gosh you DO have a lot of snow! I love the pics of all the puppers in it. They are all so cute!!

Oh, I'm with you - I think that if losing power meant I lost water as well, that would be my least favorite thing about a power outage.

Cody says thank U so much Auntie Cindy for the chin scritches. He's sick today - woke me up with that familiar chucking sound - but when I went downstairs this AM, he has baby food all over his nose so I know he's at least eaten something smile.gif

I'm sorry Justice has a UTI and the anal gland problem. I hope the Clavamox works OK and doesn't cause him any problems.

hugs.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
Well...there will only be one train tonight...well I hope one anyway.

Little Justice derailed at 11AM. He started head bobbing and then several times in the next hour he was jerking. He seems to be doing OK now. I was surprised he didn't break through during the night.
He doesn't seem to be as frantic to get outside, and thanks to the snow, I can see his pee looks better.

Tuck had an "off" AM again. Well he is still ataxic, but not as bad as earlier. He was going from a sitting position and picked up his right leg and fell forward on his chin.
I have a call into the neuro becuz after 14 days without a GM his phenobarb was to be reduced. He is at day 15 without a GM. It's only going to be a slight decrease, but maybe that will help Tuck--as long as he doesn't start having seizures from the decrease. He is not allowed to do that!
So, Mari will call me with the decrease dose.
I found a black raised spot (only abt the size of half a pea) on Tuck that wasn't there before--so after Tuck's hydrotherapy session on Wed., I will take Tuck to Niki to check it. It looks a bit like a blood blister only all black.
Niki will also do a neuro exam since she hasn't seen him since the stroke. Then she will know how much deficit he has in case he gets worse sometime and I can't get the neuro.
Tuck has his neuro appt on March 18th. If something seems significantly worse when Niki checks Tuck, she can call the neuro.
I hope the mole or whatever it is doesn't need biopsied. I hope it's just a no big deal kind of thing. Something "normal."

Hi Michelle. Thank goodness we lost a couple inches yesterday before the pups were all let out. Justice (of course the smallest of the 5) ran, hopped and bounced to make that path all by himself in the front yard. Except for my boys, the others stayed right at the bottom of the stairs looking very confused, and not willing to even go on the path. LOL.Only my boys got to enjoy it.
I guess to ur guys it wouldn't be that big a deal. It is funny though that it's even over the horses knees.
David had a snowplow come and claen the driveway, becuz we were all stuck here. So now at least we can get out.
It was 40 for a short time and more snow was melting--then it got colder and started having snow flurries again. ENOUGH!! Now it's sunny and melting again.
Oh, gosh, that would be Justice harrassing the big dogs. It is out of fear--and he goes for them thinking then they will know how big and bad he is (he just looks short--it's an optical illusion), and not bother him. He doesn't get it that he is gonna start something he shouldn't. Tuck wouldn't join in unless Justice was barking and growling-that pack mentality. Tuck doesn't seem to think he is a big bad dog when he is alone.
big hugs to u and the kids. Where is Spring anyway?????????????

Hi Joanna, aw that is really cute. I have seen it with a different breed before. Tell the kids thanks for the kisses.
I am glad Mike's poo is OK, so we didn't have to find a way to do a canned pumpkin parachute drop, since u can't get away from the house!
hugs to u and the kids!

Hi Debbie, well the UTI did do a number on the train. darn. But I am glad we may know why he keeps getting infections. Darn anal glands. Who woulda thunk that when he expresses little bits himself, that he is getting contaminated--at least we hope.
Isn't it amazing how our puppers handle things so much better then we do. They don't worry abt yesterday or tmw-they live in the now. The boys loved their "now" yesterday in the snow. They haven't been in the big yard again since the pics. Maybe tmw.
I hope Jack is getting some snow play in too!! I hope mom is getting some rest--even a tiny bit--during Spring break.

Thanks so much angels!!!
wbd3.jpg

Hi Tracy, I was sure loving the long parallel trains. But hopefully Justice will hop back on quickly in the next day or two. I thought we were safe since he didn't have any breakthroughs during the night. These boys keep me on my toes. They don't want me to feel too complacent!
Aw, I'm sorry abt Cody being sick. But I must say it did bring a smile to my face when u said he had baby food all over his nose--I can picture that. It's great he has an appetite to get the baby food on his nose. He is so funny.
Please give him some get well scritches.
OHHHHH, I thought of u guys on Saturday. When they were running the closings at the bottom of the screen for Saturday and Sunday--they closed all KFC's!!!!!!!!! Maybe it's best not to tell Cody--he may worry ur KFC could shut down for a day or two one day!!! Horrors!!!!!
Hugs to u both!

Edited by k9sign, 10 March 2008 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 10 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well...there will only be one train tonight...well I hope one anyway.

Little Justice derailed at 11AM. He started head bobbing and then several times in the next hour he was jerking.

DANG!!! :(( Well, it was a nice train while it lasted, and hopefully he'll soon start a new one that will be even longer. I hope Tuckie stays on.

I'm glad that Justice's pee looks better. That's encouraging. I hope that raised black spot on Tuckie is nothing serious.

hugs.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
LOL Tracy, we keep posting at the same time! I was editing the last post after I saw u had posted and I missed it. Now u posted before I got to finish editing the last post, and we did it at the exact same time.
Great minds...LOL.
Hugs

Thanks angels!
Posted Image

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,575 posts
Aweeeee Justie... did you have to??? sad.gif That's ok.. we know you're gonna hop back on soon. After all, can't let Tuck get too far ahead  now can you? Those ice cream cones are waiting for you... better hurry.

We're sending all kinds of prayers and love your way.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
QUOTE (k9sign @ Mar 10 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL Tracy, we keep posting at the same time! I was editing the last post after I saw u had posted and I missed it. Now u posted before I got to finish editing the last post, and we did it at the exact same time.
Great minds...LOL.
Hugs

Thanks angels!

LOL!! I noticed that too smile.gif

Oh! They closed all the KFC's! Cody says he's soooo glad he doesn't live anywhere near the snow so he doesn't have to worry about them closing all the KFC's.

Hopefully by tmw we'll have a whole chuck-free day to report. I hope that your 2 boys are both on trains, and Cody is on the chuck-free chuck-wagon. Then they can all celebrate together with ice cream's!  icecream3.gif

hugs.gif

Tracy a nd Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
Oh no Cindy, I'm so sorry Justice fell off his train. I'm sure he will be right back on it though. I just love those pictures of the kids. And WOW do you have a lot of snow. We didn't get hardly any. We got all ice. About an inch of it on the tree's. The power went out about 2pm and then came back on at 5:30. Got everything reset and it went back off about 6pm and came on at 8pm. It was funny Jake layed there staring at the ceiling fan cause it wasn't moving. Sunday was worse though I had to work and wasn't thinking about trying to get the dogs in the pen and some more straw for Riley's house. Everything was coated I had to pour hot water of the latches to get them open and chip the ice out of the way from the bottom. I still can only get them open enough for the dogs to just get thru. Then I went to get in my truck, already running late and the drivers side door wouldn't close. So I had to latch it as best I could and climb thru the passenger side. I was so ticked off I could scream. It was thawed by the time I got to work though. What a day, I should have stayed home in bed. Then today it was nice about 35 and the sun was out most of the day and I get home and there is still ice on the tree's and the locks were frozen again. I am so sick of this weather. And they are talking about another storm late in the weekend, which probably means Sunday and I'll have to go to work.

Big hugs to the boys and yourself, I hope Justice will be okay, good thing you've got the back up of antibiotics on hand. Good idea. And good luck with the hydrotherapy on Wednesday and I hope that bump is nothing. Will keep fingers crossed.

I'm behind on threads so I better go get caught up. Think Spring!!!!!!

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,881 posts
Tuckie is at TEN DAYS!!!

=====================T icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif ====================

He is concerning me a little with his behavior. I hope he is not abt to jump off that train too!

Justice is doing OK. He is here against me. The Clavamox seems to be doing it's thing. He is definitely feeling better. He is still hunching a bit, but not like he was. Plus he isn't frantic going from person to person to the back door becuz he needs out NOW! Carol said once he cried like he had been stepped on becuz he needed out so badly. No crying today, thank God.
The driveway was plowed today, so I should be able to get out now. I have a great sense of security when I know I can get to my car. I wish so much I had a 4 wheel drive vehicle though, becuz the driveway (200yards and up hill) and the country roads can be dangerous. I just hope I never have an emergency with the boys when it has snowed!!
I am though blessed to even have a car. I know some of u don't, and that must be so hard.

Hi Joanna, it is disappointing Justice is back to a half day--but at least I know why it happened. I am truly worried Tuck is gonna break through soon. He is def "off".
Justice's pee isn't red anymore, it's not quite the normal yellow--but getting there. My pray is Mike's will be yellow too.
Hugs to the 3 of u!

Hi Tracy, ohhhh icecream sounds yummy. I really want Cody to have some--chicken flavored of course!!! hugs

Hi Deb, AY YI YI, I would rather have the snow we got , then the ice u got!! That is just plain dangerous. Oh, I remember our ice storm more then a week ago. When it melted it sounded like my car was being fired upon as I went under trees. I honestly thought a couple times that my windshield would be cracked from it. Thankfully it wasn't.
I hope the next storm isn't bad. I need to look in David's Farmers Almanac and see if this last storm was predicted...and what comes next...Spring I hope!!
Niki wants Justice on Clavamox for 3 weeks (yikes) and then she will also give me an extra strip (she thinks she may have one in the Good Sam box) of Clavamox, so I have some on hand again. She also is going to give me some Baytril to have on hand for emergency. Usually someone is in Columbus once a week (David's mom lives there, and my mom is in a care center there)--so if I have a weeks worth, then it's great. If I need more, someone can pick it up--so no special trips. That really helps.
Be careful in that ice!!!
Hugs to u and the kids.

Thansk so much angels!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users