Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

A Letter To Our Pets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other  dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note,  placing a paw print in  the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming  your food and dish, nor do I find that
aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about  this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It  is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not  necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must
exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years --canine or feline attendance is not required

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I  cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our  front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:
      1. They live here. You don't.
      2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
         (That's why  they call it "fur"niture.)
      3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
      4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is
          short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids  because they:
       1. Eat less
       2. Don't ask for money all the time
       3. Are easier to train
       4. Normally come when called
       5. Never ask to drive the car
       6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
       7. Don't smoke or drink
       8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
       9. Don't want to wear your clothes
     10 . Don't need a gazillion dollars for college,
                           and...
     11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

Shelly Cranmer

Shelly Cranmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
is there any way someone can email this letter to pets to me? beauty is doing great but i need to email this to myself & cant. was hoping chris could do it for me, or the imomer who poisted it. this totally needs to be posted in & outside of my house! it is so true!my email address is seashell9201980@yahoo.com

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,597 posts
Hi Shelly

It's so ironic that you posted this recently. I haven't been on IMOM for a very long time, and when I logged on today, I saw your message about this post that I posted in 2007!! :unsure:

I've copied and pasted it and sent it to your e-mail.

Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas

Jo (Mike's Mom) and Gidget

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users