Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Five Strays in need of help

• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,616 posts
Hey Diana... I have a thought..... (oh oh.. we're all in trouble now)....

Just a quick note cuz I have to go finish packing... but...

I know this is way out there in left field, but I also know how supportive your boss and the company (Verizon right?) has been to the cause of rescuing these babies.  Have you thought of suggesting that (perhaps) they might be able to build a kennel area on their property (since so many dogs find there way to that area anyway) and the company can start a non-profit rescue???? It would be GREAT PR for them... and a wonderful tax benefit (I think)... it just seems (to me) like the logical thing to do... after all, this way the dogs won't be in the parking lots or roaming around the property (scaring employees??? lol)... and....

I'm picturing it now... a good size area off the back of their building fenced off with plenty of shelter and food for the babies... at the back of this area is another area that's open where you can place food and water for the weary wanderers to waltz into while they are looking to be rescued (it would make life a lot easier for you if they come to you instead of you searching for them).

WOW!!!! I COULD GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!! What a wonderful thing it would be if they'd go along with something like this. What would it cost??? Maybe $5000 to put this up? And of course it would be all volunteer so they wouldn't have to pay anyone. The food would be something different and would probably have to depend on donations.. but heck, one step at a time... and if (when) the company would do this.. I just know the funds would be there.

Ok... now you can tell me I'm crazy.... nah.. I don't think you would tell me that... anyone else (who doesn't care about animals) would... but not this group.  Why don't you run it by your boss and see what you guys can come up with.

Ok... gotta shower & pack... going to see my baby (yea my 41 year old baby LOL) and my beautiful daughter-in-law and granddaughter (Bailey the Bassett)  banana.gif

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Love, Blessings, Big Hugs & Nose Kisses,
Joanna & Mike

PS... this would kill THREE birds with one stone... 1. You would have the rescue you dreamed of... 2. So many dogs would be saved... and ... 3 (this is the one I'm sure your boss will love)... the company will have your undivided attention during the work day :-D  LOL    Love Ya

Edited by MikesMom, 21 November 2007 - 10:41 AM.

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Boy Joanna wouldn't that be GREAT.  As supportive as my boss/company is, there are limits and liability factors.

This morning I stopped by the Fearful Four (new name for them) field and I was thrilled to see that they ATE all their food last night (in addition to their normal food I gave them my grilled chicken sandwich, they thanked me by eating everything except for the lettuce).

I placed more food and water this morning before coming into work for a couple of hours.  On my way home I plan to stop by Walmart and buy them something special for Thanksgiving.  Knowing that they will at least have full bellies today is enough for me to be thankful for. I have to believe that DoG did not bring me to them without a plan of me finding a way to get them into rescue/foster.

Happy Thanksgiving to each and everyone of you and your fur and skin families.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Hi Diana, just getting caught back up. I'm so glad you have found those dogs. You are doing the best you can for them, Giving them food and water, for now is all you can do. I too would love to build a shelter. I've got 5 acres of land, what a shelter I could build. Unfortunately it all comes down to money, and that I just don't have. My heart goes out to you. I know if it were me I would become attached too, which is why I can't foster and I have 5 animals of my own. All needed homes, and my sister has said I have to live a long long time because she becomes guardian of them if anything happens to me.

My brother is the same way with animals, he can take them or leave them. When my SIL wanted a puppy he said, its your responsibility. Sophie is now 10 months old and he doesn't have anything to do with her. She is such a sweet dog too.

Someday I pray that there will be no animals needing homes.
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
hello everyone, hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.  I have been putting food out for my fearful four everyday, and some days all the food is gone and others they leave some dry.  We celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday so I picked up my mom earlier in the morning and on the way back I stopped to feed them, my mom seen two dogs out in the field but I don't know if it was them.  After dinner Chris was cleaning off the Turkey and you know what he did, the cut off 4 parts of the bone for my fearful four and we drop it off on our way to take my mom back, we did not see them.  But Chris gave me the "Talk" about it not being safe, I can get in trouble if the people start to complain, I may be bringing coyotes to the area etc.  Basically he told me to get in and get out and don't make it obvious.

At work we had over 30 turkey box lunches left over from thanksgiving, so I took the turkey out for my fearful four and the cats around the building.  And on the way home I seen ALL OF THEM laying in the field, curled up in balls.  I started walking over and the brown one came right towards me, tail kind of wagging but he growled at first.  I talked to him and he walked even closer to me.  I was putting the turkey in the pans and he started eating, then came one of the black dogs over and he also started eating .  The other black dog and black/white dog was scared and just stayed where they were. I decided to walk away so they could eat some turkey and they did.  The first black dog actually was coming towards me wagging his tail as I was walking to my car.  I said to him NO NO, and I  put a can of food down. (I truly think he would come right up to me and let me pet him).

Guys, they are all sick, the brown and black dog both had the dry cough, like something was stuck in their throat.  The other two just look ill.  I am afraid they may have valley fever.  I am going to use a gallon water jug and use a bigger pan so they have plenty of water to drink.

I have to find them help.  When I came home I was crying and asked Chris if we could put some old blankets out, he said I am tres-passing and if I make things to obvious I will get caught. (I will ask my co-workers if they have some spare blankets and I will place them further in the field under trees so they hopefully won't fly away.

I got took some decent pictures of them.

Attached File  fourdog1.JPG   24.97K   33 downloads
Attached File  fourdog.JPG   28.09K   23 downloads if you look close you can see the black & black/white dog in the back ground.
Attached File  fdog4.JPG   29.57K   16 downloads
Attached File  fdog5.JPG   30.78K   14 downloads
Attached File  fdog7.JPG   21.33K   11 downloads
Attached File  fourdog1.JPG   24.97K   33 downloads
Attached File  fdog6.JPG   27.65K   9 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 26 November 2007 - 11:57 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Today my mom and I went to feed them and there was only the black dog and the black and white dog laying in the dirt.  This is the same black dog that wanted to come over to me the other night, he immediately starting wagging his tail as I approach.  The black and white dog did not even know I was walking up to them until I was near. but when she (I think) seen me she just layed there. As I was talking to the black dog, a van pulled over and I decided to walk over to see what they wanted. It was a women and her two little boys, she asked me: are they feral, I said I don't know they are strays but maybe abandomed, she proceeded telling me that she is looking for a dog and has been told about 3 lab puppies in the area (I seen one of the pups on the side of the road the other day).  We started talking and she told me about a german shepard that she has seen on this same road eating garbage a couple of times. She was extremely nice and gave me her number and said she would help me with the dogs, whether it is with food/clean up etc.  I gave her Paw Placement's website so she can see the dogs up for adoption and gave her Pets911 website and told her if she sees a dog she should look to see if anyone posted it lost.  We said our goodbyes and I went back to the two dogs which have now become 3, I seen the brown dog just walk across the street without looking, my mom seen the other black dog running the opposite way.  As we go back to the car my cell rings and it is Danielle I women I just met.  She tells me that the german shepard is laying against a fence sleeping and there are other dogs inside the fence sleeping (he made friends with house dogs and is laying next to them outside their gate - how sad is that).  I only had dry food left and no more water, but I drove and saw him, so I stopped walk over (not close) as the dogs seen me they all started barking, he got up and started to walk towards me.  I just placed the food down and walked back to my car, he went over and started eating.

SO I will now be feeding 5 dogs and trying to find them help I will bring the german shepard  water and food bowl tomorrow.

The other three dogs are all coughing a dry cough and the black/white dog looks sick.  What do I do,  Paw Placement gave me a number to animals benefits club, they said they have a program for sick or injured strays I will call them tomorrow.  I just don't want these dogs to be caged like wild dogs and then put to sleep.  I know some of you will say it is better then living the life they are now... I just can't be the one that decides that their life is over.  I also know that if I don't they may die in the field or get hit by a car.  The black dog looks like he wants to be petted so bad, he kept wagging his tail and was coming to me, he even rolled over, but I have to fight the temptation because if he gets use to me and sees me from across the street and tries to come over to me and gets hit by a car, I won't be able to live with myself.  

Here are today's pictures of the three.

Attached File  fdogs04.JPG   37.49K   14 downloadsAttached File  fdogs02.JPG   43.83K   22 downloads
Attached File  fdogs01..JPG   49.11K   16 downloadsAttached File  fdogs03.JPG   35.69K   17 downloads

Attached Files

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diana, I hope that the animals benefit club may be able to help. Please let us know what they say when you talk to them. It would be great if they have the resources to help the pups get medical care and help find homes for them too.

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,616 posts
QUOTE (Diana C. IMOM @ Nov 22 2007, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to believe that DoG did not bring me to them without a plan of me finding a way to get them into rescue/foster.

Oh my gosh... I found you!!!! motimonkey.gif  Thank God you and Laurie posted.. I found you on "new posts". I've been looking for your thread to see what's going on.

Diana, I have to believe the same thing. DoG did not bring you there without a reason. He knows your passion and love for these animals, and there's no one else He would have find them. I just pray for their health and your ability to find a rescue for them. The black dog sounds as though he could be adoptable right away (assuming he is healthy).. but my prayers are for all of them (AND you!!!)

I wish I could do something to help you. If I only lived closer, I'd be right there with you. Hang in there, my friend. We've all seen miracles here, and I believe a major miracle is coming your way to save those babies.

Much Love, Prayers & Blessings,
Joanna

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
I hope the Animals Benefit Club can help too Diana. There has to be someone out there that can find homes for them. Have you thought about talking to another rescue that is not in your immediate area that may be able to help you out. There are some organizations out there that help with finding fosters or rescues and helping with transport, even if it means another state they go to.

I found this Yahoo Group, how ironic its IMOM-xpress. It looks like people have been posting right along. Don't know if its helpful or not. If you would like I can join some of these groups and find out whats going on for you and then send you the good ones while you take care of the dogs.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/IMOM-xpress/#ans

I'll keep looking around for you

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Thanks everyone, I have been putting pleas out to a few rescues and so far no luck,  Deb thanks for offering to help, if you have time and don't mind checking a few of the sites out that would be great. Someone else gave me a site very similar and I posted my story and will keep my fingers crossed that someone lives near me and will respond back. It is so sad because every animal website/rescue you go to there are so many of my stories about  dogs/cats in need of help.  Remember how hard it was for me to get a rescue to help with Annabelle, Coopercloud Ranch was the only one out of 10 that offered to help me. So I can only imagine how hard it will be to find help/homes for 5 yes that is right, my fearful 4 is a definite fearful 5.  I seen the shepard again today at the same location as yesterday laying outside the fence where the other dogs live.  This time I had a water bowl and food dish all ready for him.  He was skeptical, kept his distance but ate the food like there was no tomorrow.  I then went to my other four and they were not in the field so I placed fresh food/water for them. I was running out of food so I went to walmart and stocked up.  Little did I know when I got home my husband said I will take your car to get gas, and all I could think of "he is going to realize the trunk is heavy" but figured I will be okay.  Then he said I might as well get some shopping done, and you know where the bags go "IN THE TRUNK".   I have over 20 cans of dog food, 20 pd bag of dry, etc.  He knows I am feeding them but does not know to what extent, so I am waiting to hear him come in and say "DIANA"..... lol.    If I see the owner of the other dogs out, I will ask him if in fact this dog is a stray but I think so, I would hope the owner of the other dogs may be feeding him as well, but there is no water bowls out for even his/her own dogs.

PS Joanna thank you for offering to help if you lived closer I know you would.  The women in the van yesterday also offered to help me.  I also believe the black dog would be adoptable, I can't tell you how it broke my heart not to just pet him and kiss him, he is so big and so cute.  I truly think the black/white dog is the worse in health wise, then the brown dog.  I don't know about the other black dog I haven't seen it close up.

Here is the Shepard.
Attached File  shep1.JPG   30.75K   16 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 29 November 2007 - 10:24 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
It has been raining all day.. This morning I did not see my four,but I did see the shepard and put water and dry food out, he came over and ate it, (it wasn't raining this morning). On my way home I could see the shepard laying in the middle of an open yard in the pouring rain all by itself, the owner of the other dogs must of taken them in.  I can't believe he is laying in the middle of an open area and the rain in just hitting him. (I am so sad, I wish I had a tarp).  I did not see my four, they are hopefully laying under trees to try and keep dry.  I hate knowing they are all out there in the rain.  My fearful four did not get to eat today...  I hope it stops raining so I can go out first thing in the morning to check on them all.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 30 November 2007 - 08:12 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Guest_Sequia_*

Guest_Sequia_*
  • Guests
I am curious as to what your husband said if he found all the food in the trunk! What was his reaction?
Let's hope for good weather tomorrow.

Cynthia

maribeth

maribeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Diana have you heard of an organization called Best friends, they do alot of rescue work, have a huge shelter in Utah and lots of contacts.  They might be able to help or know of an organization that could.  Your stories about the five dogs is so sad but you are so wonderfull for taking care of them!!  I know they must so appreciate everything you are doing for them.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Cynthia, he didn't buy any groceries (thank godness).  

Maribeth we contacted Best Friends about a month ago in regards to another set of strays I helped while rescuing my Annabelle back in February, Samson and Delliah.  We were desperately trying to get Samson out of his current foster home and was hoping Best Friends would be able to take him but they came back and said they are full.

I have been in touch with rescues and so far no one is willing to take any additional steps other then suggest I call Animal Control or humane society emergency for the sick dogs.  I left another message for the Animal Benefit club and have not heart anything.  I am going to try another rescue (cat rescue) but maybe they can direct me.

I can't stop thinking about the shepard laying in the rain, don't understand why he doesn't look for coverage.  A co worker said she would be willing to drive out and look at the black dog, but I don't hold anyone to their word until I see it for myself.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
I'll give it a shot Diana, anything to help you help these poor dogs. Just so you know, I've seen Riley lay in the middle of the yard in the pouring down rain just hanging out and looking around. Maybe he was trying to give him self a bath.

When you contacted Best friends did you ask them for any other places they could recommend for you?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Hi Diana, I found this website its got animal rescues by state. I started with the state of Arizona and there are like 205 rescues. I figure its a good start. I will let you look and there is email address or at least phone numbers to contact them and see if they can help. Some are breed specific and others are general.

http://www.adoptapet.com/directory/US/AZ/NAME/1

If you don't get anywhere with them all the states are listed you can at least start with your neighboring states. I didn't feel comfortable sending emails as I don't know much about the dogs and where exactly they are located. If you do need some help give me as much info as you can and I would be more than happy to send out emails.

Let me know if this helps. Hope the fearful 5 are doing okay

Posted ImagePosted Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Deb, I have not contacted Best Friends in regards to these 5 I will send them an email. I was able to get in touch with another rescue (her name is Kim and she mainly rescues cats) but has a lot of contacts in rescue.  She is going to send an email out on my behalf.

I just came back from the field.  The four dogs were not there and they bowls were filled with dirty water. I cleaned them and placed them under a bush in hopes of the food staying dry for them.

Then we went to see the shepard who is still hanging out at the house where the three dogs live.  He immediately started walking toward me.  (dont' know where his food dish is so I placed a whole bunch of dry food on the ground and two cans of wet).  He immediately started eating. I decided to go to the house and ask the owner of the three dogs about this dog, but no one answered the door.  The shepard seems to be protected of the house, but he cant' be their dog, because the dogs behind the gate look well taken care of and all are wearing tags.  I can't imagine why these people have not taken him in, they have a huge yard, it is apparent the dog just stays there with the other dogs.  I know they are not feeding him because he is thin.  

When I started walking to my car he started to follow me (like Annabelle did, not trusting me enough to come to me but enough to know I am not going to hurt him).  I feel he would be adoptable as well.

It started raining so I went back to the four dogs field and tried to protect the food as good as I can, hopefully they will get to it before the rain does.

Here is the shepard.

Attached File  100_1160.JPG   548.85K   15 downloads

Attached File  100_1157.JPG   868.26K   14 downloads

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
QUOTE (Debs @ Dec 1 2007, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Diana, I found this website its got animal rescues by state. I started with the state of Arizona and there are like 205 rescues. I figure its a good start. I will let you look and there is email address or at least phone numbers to contact them and see if they can help. Some are breed specific and others are general.

http://www.adoptapet.com/directory/US/AZ/NAME/1

If you don't get anywhere with them all the states are listed you can at least start with your neighboring states. I didn't feel comfortable sending emails as I don't know much about the dogs and where exactly they are located. If you do need some help give me as much info as you can and I would be more than happy to send out emails.

Let me know if this helps. Hope the fearful 5 are doing okay

Deb we must of been typing at the same time I just seen this post from you. WOW thanks so much for finding this link.  I am on there now and see quite a few that I will send emails to.  I actually received an email from another women in Queen Creek who has rescued many dogs in this area. She gave me a few websites (some of the same on the link you gave me and I sent them all an email).  She also offered to help me catch them.  I just need to find them temporary homes before I try to catch them.  Thank you again everyone.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 01 December 2007 - 08:21 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 672 posts
We need Jean!  I wonder if BrightStar has any contacts in Arizona for the Shepherd?  Or maybe they can do some cross posting?  

I also wonder if you post on Petfinders message board about these dogs that maybe someone will have some ideas or contacts to help?

Just a thought.

Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Things are looking up.  This morning I went to see the four dogs and they were not there, so I went to see the Shepard and the owners of the other three dogs behind the fence were out in their yard, so I went over and spoke with them.  This dog has been out there for close to 3 years now.  He use to jump the fence and hang out in their yard with their dogs all the time, they didn't mind and use to fed him, but they said he never allowed them to get close to him.  Well a few months ago, new people moved in next door and they have a rottie, now the shepard can't jump the fence from one yard to the other because the rottie attacked him already.  So he just hangs out in the vacant lot next to their yard.  They also said they stopped feeding him and really don't want him.  Animal Control has been out a few times and tried to trap him but he is too smart.  As we are talking the women who lives behind them women behind them comes over and starts telling me that she also tried to catch him but he is so afraid of people that he won't let anyone near him. They said he is not agressive at all, very smart, knows to stay away from the cars, get along with all their dogs but is extremely afraid of people, she said I wont' be able to get him either but if I want to continue to try Good Luck.  The main problem now is; where he is living is a vacant lot and the owners have it for sale, it someone buys it and starts to build on it this dog will have no place to hide out anymore.

When I went to go feed him, he was coming within 5 feet of me. I decided to leave and go about my day.  Around 4:00PM I went back to see if the four dogs were in the field yet, but they weren't so I placed fresh food/water out for them and decided to go feed the Shepard some dinner.  I see him sleeping in his corner and I start to call him over (I called him Buddy, he actually knew it was me and got up and started heading towards me slowly inching his way closer, but then he saw someone walking by and started barking, there was too much noise that he was getting destracted.  I decided to take a sit on my cat liter box that I carry the dry food in) and pretend I am not paying any attention to him. The owners of the other dogs are out in their yard again and I noticed a truck pull into their yard, the women of the truck gets out they are all talking and looking over at me, (I am thinking I am in trouble now, I thought maybe she is interested in buying the lot).  Anyway I decided to go back to my car and the women pulls behind me and gets out and says; So I am not the only one feeding him, This women is in rescue and actually one of the people that responded to my email this morning, it so happens I also spoke to her when I first rescued Annabelle, (what a small world) she said this is the first time she seen the people out and they told her the same thing they told me, that the dog won't let anyone close to him but he is not aggressive, she said when she seen me sitting on the box and slowly moving it inch by inch away, she thought to herself, this women is animal smart and will catch him soon enough).  Anyway she offered to help me and give me free food,  Another rescue called me this morning and said they will also give me free food and they may have some available kennels for the dogs if we can catch them.  Right now I will try to gain their trust, because I don't want them to be trapped being so scared and afraid of people that they may escape and be in an unfamilar area with no means of food/water.  For right  now they are okay, they know their surroundings and as long as I feed them and gain try to gain their trust they should be okay for a week.

I want to thank you all for your continued support, I know with each rescue I get crazed and think how in the world am I going to pull this rescue off and sure enough things come together.  I am still far from saving them but much closer then I was last week, so thank you so much for being here for me. It truly means a lot.

Sincerely,

Diana and the Empire Five (the street name is Empire and will have to do until I can find a name that fits them lol).

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 02 December 2007 - 11:47 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Just came here to see this-it sounds promising then?

I don't have any rescue contacts at all in Arizona. I know of someone who sounds good (if her internet info is correct) in Colorado but that's it.

Poor things-good thing they have some friends though!!!! smile.gif
IPB Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Wow that is great news Diana, I hope the fab 5 comes back, but that Shepard, he sounds like he would make a lovely pet. He reminds me of my friend Kim's dog Oscar who died back in October. Without a close up of the face they could be the same dog.

I'm hoping things will look up now that you have that link. It will give you more options to finding homes than just Paw Placement. I'm so glad you and that lady are working together too. Its great that you have help and I know we here have been supportive we couldn't really help other than look up websites, I'm just so happy I'm rambling on  biggrin.gif

Posted ImagePosted Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
QUOTE (Debs @ Dec 3 2007, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow that is great news Diana, I hope the fab 5 comes back, but that Shepard, he sounds like he would make a lovely pet. He reminds me of my friend Kim's dog Oscar who died back in October. Without a close up of the face they could be the same dog.

I'm hoping things will look up now that you have that link. It will give you more options to finding homes than just Paw Placement. I'm so glad you and that lady are working together too. Its great that you have help and I know we here have been supportive we couldn't really help other than look up websites, I'm just so happy I'm rambling on  biggrin.gif

Deb unfortuantely I don't thinkthe Shepard would be a good pet, he has been on his own for way too long, even if I gained his trust he could never be confined to a house and would need a huge yard with other pets.  Even when he did stay in the people's yard he jumped the gate whenever he wanted to get out.  I am leaving shortly to go see them.  I do believe the big black dog would make a great pet and I am so excited and hope to see him tonight because if he wants to be petted I AM GOING TO PET HIM.....

Thank you so much for your help, the link you gave me is PERFECT it listed all the rescues in AZ.  Thanks again I hope I see them ALL tonight.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,616 posts
Oh Diana... free food and empty kennels... it doesn't get much better than this!!!  motimonkey.gif  I'd love to be there when you allow the black dog to come up to you and give him some love wub.gif  It sounds like he's really been missing a gentle touch and some human companionship. Oh.. please write as soon as you can and let us know if you pet him. He might even follow you to your car and make life a little easier for himself (and you) right away. God Bless You Girl. I am sooooo excited.

Tons of  hugs.gif Love, Blessings & Lots of Wet Westie Nose Kisses

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Don't give up on him yet Diana, Riley if he gets loose will run too, he just needs someone that can work with him and have a fence he can't get out of. My sisters dog would jump the fence too. My dad built a frame that bent in so he couldn't get over it. Where there is a will there is a way.

I hope you do get to pet the black dog and the Shepard too. One step at a time, your doing wonderful.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guest_Sequia_*

Guest_Sequia_*
  • Guests
Keeping my fingers crossed and can't wait to find out what happens.

Cynthia

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Hi everyone, well my fearful four was not around again tonight, I have not seen them since last Thursday, we had heavy rains on Friday and Saturday so I figured I would not see them then but now I am getting a little worried.  They did eat the food, maybe they are coming back later at night.  

I went to see the shepard and surprisely enough he was in the yard with the other dogs, I placed his fresh food/water/biscuit out and brought him a blanket, it looks as if he wanted to get over that fence and come to me more then he wanted to stay in the fence. I did not want to persuade him to jump over the fence so I just left everything there and said I will see you tomorrow.

I finally have names for them that feel right when I picture them along with their name:

Shepard = Charlie

Big Black dog = Bear

Black/White dog = Dolly or Gracie I have to see her again to see which name fits her best

Brown dog = Ceaser

and other black dog (I believe is a girl) = Lilly

Hopefully I will see them again and can start to call them by name.

Debs I would never give up on them, I know it will take some time with Charlie and don't want to trap him, until I gain his trust (like I did with Annabelle), I don't want any of them to be forced or trap like wild animals.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 04 December 2007 - 05:33 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Diana - have you ever tried contacting Sherriff Joe?
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Those are lovely names Diana, I hope the Fearful 4 come back soon I know you worry about them and so do I. I'm glad Charlie was still there though and I know you will take your time like you did with Annabelle. I just meant as far as giving up on Charlie being adoptable that if the right owner is found he could make a wonderful pet and not try to get out.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
QUOTE (Jacki IMOM @ Dec 3 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Diana - have you ever tried contacting Sherriff Joe?

Jacki no I never even thought of it..  As of now I have 3 rescues willing to help me. Right now I need to be sure that the Fearful Four are still hanging around and if Bear comes to me like I think he will, he will be the first to go into rescue.  I am concerned about Charlie and the other 3.  If Charlie has been living on the streets for this long and I try to rescue him, I fear he will do everything to escape and what happens if he does and winds up worse off then if I just left him.  The other 3 I think can adjust I just need to spend a little time and gain their trust.  Even if I called Sherriff Joe, they will come out and try to trap them.  I don't want to do that to them, not this way.  

I don't think it will take me two months like it did with Annabelle, I just need to spend more time with them.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Charlie might calm down after he's neutered.

Are you any where near Sherriff Joe's shelter if the other rescues fall through?
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users