Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoom Manly

• Please log in to reply
974 replies to this topic

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Oh Susan, that is such a nice post. I really do hope things get better for both you and Zoom soon!

IPB Image

May Your Day Be Filled With Luck and Blessings!! Thankfully we have angels!!

heart.gif

Martha Jane, Baila, and Crew

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,082 posts
Hi Susan, gosh I hope ur back is improving everyday. Back pain can just stop u in ur tracks!!

I too hope Zoom's vet has him do a longer course of antibiotics--it can be hard getting rid of bacterial infections.

Zoom  is such a brave pupper coming to u for meds, even though she has gone thru so much. What a trooper!!!!

Give her a hug!
Posted Image

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all!   Thank you all for your  posts this week ....Martha Jane, etc.  that was such
a beautiful reply for St. Pat's ...wish I knew how to do that on a computer!  Maybe
when I finally get one of my own!  And thanks, Cindy, etc. .....agree with you on
the antibiotics for Zoom.  I think that was the problem from the beginning of her bacterial infection ....she was not treated long enough and then I had to switch vets.  Everything I've read about pyoderma ....it can be very difficult to get rid of.
It really upsets me as she didn't have this till her last round in hospital and now it's just a pain to kick.

Antibiotics seem to help her eyes but he only has me giving that for a week and we're through .... although they look better, she's still scratching at them.   Am still
putting "tear meds" in her left eye only 2x a day for a month, and then lx a day
indefinitely.

I still think she's drinking too much water and we had 2 minor episodes of throwing up.....which brings back terrifying memories to me, but thank goodness
after meds she was ok.  And back to eating......which brought another fun thing
this week.....she's been on at least  3 of those dog foods that have been recalled!!
I called vet today asking what was safe for her to eat as I couldn't believe the number of foods....good brands ....that were on that list.   Left message as I also
wanted to get results of bloodwork from visit (I wasn't able to bg this week...plan
this weekend)....but I would think if something was wrong they would have called.
Consider it a blessing that the bloodwork was done while she was on "recalled"
foods..... .  The angels are watching over Zoom!    Will let you know results when
I get them...... otherwise, Zoom continues to "growl" a med-time & fuss ....but still
sits in my lap - on a pillow of course - and lets me get things done.   Then sits there waiting for her "earned" hugs & kisses .&...tummy rubs!!!!

My  back is better .....still can't walk unassisted but did not have to roll out in my
office chair to the car tonite to get here, but am still using the canes.  But....as  to
where this was - even a week ago - I'm like roadrunner!!!!    Just keep Zoom & I in your prayers!

Well, that's about all for now ....again, thank you sponsors and IMOM & angels for
caring about Zoom.  You are in my heart with wishes of good thoughts ...always!

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
minichien2.gif  rose.gif

Hello people out there in imom & internet land!  How are you all doing?  Zoom & I
are hanging in there.

My chat with Zoom's vet for followup now has her back on additional antiobiotics
for her eyes and another antibiotic for her ear which started to get infected again
on the inside as both had been before.  He agreed this time we'll leave her on these for longer and see how it goes.  What I didn't think of when I talked with him is why this infection "increased" even though she's also on oral antibiotics this time again for bacterial infection ....I would have thought this would have prevented this.  Her skin is looking better ...eyes too, as long as she's on original
antibiotics again....hopefully this longer treatment will help.  His explanation was
this happens because of the diabetes which makes them more open to these types
of infections.   ???   I recently noticed an improvement in her urinary "urgency"
problem and I don't know whether that's because of oral antibiotics (she was to have been tested for urinary tract infection but found out wasn't) or is because of
1/2 unit increase in insulin is kicking in.   Am almost afraid to say an improvement
as when I do, something else always happens to this poor thing.  But lets think
positive!!! unsure.gif

Anyway, that's all that's "new" ....oh, yes, I've graduated to using one cane with
walking ....but grateful I'm improving.....just wish it was faster!  

Thank you all for being there for Zoom & I ....Imom, sponsors, and all angels and
caring hearts out there .....please know I am so grateful for all the help.
                                        thanks3.gif

Soooo, until next time....always in my prayers  - always in my heart,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi everbody!   Hope all's well with all of you & furry ones!

Zoom 's bacterial infection doesn't seem to be responding to her antibiotic this
time.  Bathed her yesterday and as soon as I dried her and combed her out ...she
looked like she has a bad case of dandruff.....which is what she looked like several weeks ago.  Strange, because it looked better until I bathed her ....unless
bathing her I loosens everything...... if it were permanently warmer out I'd trim her coat down, but we just had snow last week and although there has been some mild days, it still gets quite cold at night ...and today is  pretty nippy!  So I have to call vet, also now her other ear is looking pink...  I don't understand....but will keep you posted.

Not much else new here ....trying to catch up on things from last month or so  when had to cancel everything ...plus getting ready for Easter this Sunday.  I love
smelling the hyacinth!

So until next time.....everyone have a HAPPY EASTER ....HAPPY SPRING!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Hi Susan, doing some catch up -- and am very sorry to hear how bad your back problems have been and poor Zoom's eyes and ears -- I sure hope the increased antibiotic dosage helps - shall be keeping fingers, toes, eyes, paws, and anything else we can think of crossed that things clear up for your sweet girl.

Glad about the timing of the bloodwork, though -- this food recall has been so frightening.  So far my cats' food has not been on the list, but it seems new things get added every other day.  I did take anything with wheat gluten out of the pantry, though -- just in case.

I am anxiously awaiting the blooming of my lilac bush - it's one of my favorite times of the year. We've been having some very nice days, and it's so nice to open the windows and let some fresh air in.

I hope you have a very happy Easter!

Edited by Kay, 03 April 2007 - 07:30 AM.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Thanks Kay for your kind post ....... things here have been one big game of catch-up since my back went out ...actually I think it left the country....   I've had chronic  problems with it since injuring it in my late 20's and then sustaining another injury in early 90's ....it just can be unpredictable, as careful as I  am.
Anyway, I'm down to using only one cane but still in alot of pain and was supposed
to do volunteer work for Easter Sunday driving Senior Citizens to a luncheon but
had to cancel which I hated but I think I made the right decision ....Zoom & I shared a relaxing day at home & I made her & I a special dinner  and kept icepacks on my back most of the day!

I know the thing with the pet food recall is really scary....think I'll take your tip of
eliminating the wheat gluten too.  I know Zoom would love it to just eat human food..... but I hope they don't recall anymore because each time  I kind of hold my breath.....I'm sure it's the same for everyone.

Zoom's finished her oral antibiotics for bacterial infection ...... and I really can't notice any difference in her skin .....it is really pronounced after I wash  her.  She looks like she has a bad case of dandruff!  Her eyes I'm still using the meds on...but she still scratches at them...which I thought the meds were suppose to eliminate that, but they look better!   I think once the weather gets warmer and I
can trim down her coat this will be easier to manage......which hopefully the warm
weather will be here soon enough.  

Also, received Zoom's insulin & syringes recently so thank you sponsors & IMOM
for your help with that .... Angels  Angel15.gif  Angel15.gif    thank you so much for
the helping hand!  I couldn't be doing this for Zoom without your help!    thanks3.gif

Well, I hope you  all had a Happy  Passover and Happy Easter  and will keep you
posted as to how Zoom's doing.  Until next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Sounds like your Easter was very nice -- and I'm sure Zoom was happy to have you with her.  I think you made the right decision about not volunteering.  You and Zoom both deserve some rest.  I sure hope that her infection clears up soon - it sure has wanted to persist no matter what you do.  hoping that the warmer weather helps...

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

I don't believe I just "lost" a nice long post for you all .... it's so frustrating!!!

Zoom & I are doing ok I guess.   Thanks Kay for your post!  Yes, as my back started going "in reverse" as I made Easter dinner ....it confirmed I was not up to
volunteering quite yet.   I do enjoy doing that as I have no family,  so holidays I like to do what I can to celebrate the day!  Zoom of course gives me "poodle guilt"
as I leave ...although sometimes I can take her with me.  She's especially great
with seniors....I've brought her to nursing homes to visit friends and staff have
asked me to bring her back.  She loves the attention, and  it's amazing
how she will gravitate to former pet owners in need of a hug & doggie smooch!!
Zoom Hugs given freely all over the place!

So Zoom & I had a nice, but quiet day ...and she enjoyed her "doggie Easter basket"  with her baby Easter Rabbit toy....I really wish I had a digital camera so I could send you all some pictures of her.

Anyway, that's about all for now....hoping next week it will still not be raining here
in the Northeast... hope all of you and furry ones are doing well.  Until next time -

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

PS - special thoughts and prayers to those having anything to do with the sadness
        that recently happened in Virgina.  I got Zoom in Virginia ...beautiful place
        and great people ....  a special place in my heart for you!

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Oh, I didn't know Miss Zoom was from Virginia...we've been here since '89.   I bet she was adorable with her basket and her rabbit toy.  I hope you guys are getting better weather and that you are getting some relief from your back.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
dog2.gif

Hi all!  Well this will be a brief post ....this is the 3rd computer I've been on ...first
two broke ....this one 's not doing so great.

Zoom & I are doing okay....am still concerned about bacterial infection ....she doesn't seem to be able to shake it completely.  Noticed today around her mouth is
starting again.....seems like once she's off antibiotics it returns.   Poor thing, it's been one thing after another ....but her temperment  is wonderful, although she has had it with my "inspections, medicine,. etc!"   ......it's all followed up with lots of hugs & kisses which I know she expects....and would get irregardless!

Yes, Kay, my Zoom is from Virginia.   I actually fell in love with the place when I
went to pick her up  ... it was a small town on the border of Virginia & Tenn. ...what a beautiful place....could not believe the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mts....only spent a few days there unfortunatly and wanted to go back....In fact,
I did try for awhile to get a place to live there but it didn't work out....so guess it's
not meant to be.  But I still have my "wild child country dog" that's brought me much happiness.

My back's better too....still delicate, but compared to where I was the last two
months ....I count my blessings.  Am looking for another medical opinion at this point......this lady will not give up!  

Well I hope all of you and furry family members are doing well ...you're all in my
thoughts.....and again, thank you Zoom's sponsors.....I  "tell Zoom about you all"
all the time!  So until next time,

BIG HUGS,

Susan & Zoom

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,969 posts
Susan, I don't know if you remember me or not but I have posted to Zoom's thread before.

I want to let you know that I read your posts and wish I had more to "talk" with you and Zoom.  I apologize for that but I want to let you know that I think you're a TERRIFIC Mom.  Your love for Zoom shows through and through.

I will try to do alittle better posting because I know it means alot...Keep up the good working caring for your little buddy...Judy

I'm glad to read that your back if better...there's not alot worse than a sore back

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all,  how are you doing?  Thanks Judy for your  great and kind post .... it touched my heart!  I often wonder if people are actually reading them as I only get
a few regular replys ... which Zoom & I cherish.  I'm so glad you are able to get a
"sense" of Zoom & I ....I try to share what I can .....and yes, I absolutely adore
Zoom!  She's "my baby"  ....and she "knows" it and can be quite a litttle character.
I'm so grateful to have her in my life and that she's survived this last year with her health problems and is still handling them with grace.  I don't know if my attitude would be as good as hers after all she's been through this last year and is
still being poked and prodded.  She certainly does not like "medicine time" ....she
sees the syringes and starts fussing, yet she'll come and sit in my lap, on her pillow of course, after she finishes eating and she knows what's coming next as
she sees the syringe.  I hate doing it everytime, but realize she could always run and hide ...(which she does when it's grooming time!) so I'm lucky she must realize these shots & medicine are making her feel better!  

So  thanks for posting Judy; I know I never know what I'm going to say until I sit
down at the keyboard.  And I often feel I don't have much to share as I don't have family or children and am now longer working due to health problems (which even though it's been years now,  I worked since my teens...I don't think I'll ever get used to it!)  My back is better....it's a chronic thing from injuries to it ...am always in pain from it, but this last bout was really frightening.  Again, it makes one grateful for what you had before, even though that was hobbling around!  

Anyway, Zoom seems to be doing okay ....still having problems with bacterial infection ...she does not like me fussing & inspecting things at this point.  But she's been eating well, hasn't thrown up in awhile, so am keeping my fingers crossed we
have a calm summer!

That's about all for now, thank you all out there for caring about Zoom ...especially her sponsors & IMOM staff heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif .... I really
couldn't be doing this without your kind hearts!

Until next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi everyone .....   I can't believe it happened to me again.....after typing for 45 minutes I lost my post as I was about to send it!   I hate when that happens!

Hope you all and furry family members are okay.  Zoom is doing ok.....we've had
summer-like weather the last few days (today 87!) & humid but it's supposed to be more comfortable this weekend.  Zoom & I do not care for the hot & humid
weather ...... Zoom's so funny, when we go out she'll start panting and give me a
look ...of ok, let's go back to the fan!

As soon as the milder weather is here a little longer I will trim her coat down for
summer....which I hope will help clear up her bacterial infection!

Nothing much else new, my back's better but not great ..... am grateful to be out
of my rolling chair!  

So until next time, hope life's being good to you.

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

FemGeek

FemGeek

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 330 posts
Hi, Susan!

I haven't posted on Zoom's thread before, but I fell in love with her the first time I read your description of how she got her name...so I peek in frequently to see how she's doing.  And I've been thinking about this bacterial infection in her skin.  (Being a nurse, I'm always trying to figure out medical things...)  Has the vet done a "C&S" (Culture and Sensitivity) to see just what bacteria she's got, and what antibiotics it would respond to?  Seems like she's been on a lot of meds, with rather poor results.  That sounds to me like she's not getting the right antibiotics.  I would think (though I'm a human nurse, not a veterinary one!) that they ought to be able to do a skin scraping and run a culture to determine what would work best.  Granted, the C&S would be an added expense - but it might be cheaper in the long run, than to keep trying one antibiotic after another...?  And the biggest benefit, of course, would be to get her over this infection once and for all!  Poor little thing must be uncofortable with the infection going on for so long.  You might also want to ask about giving her some probiotics (yogurt is a good, cheap source, as long as it's got active cultures) in case she's got some yeastie beasties growing as a result of so many antibiotics.  My guys always get yogurt when they get antibiotics, and they love it - but of course, with Zoom being diabetic, you don't want to go changing things in her diet without the vet's blessing...

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to let you know that Zoom has another fan out here, even though I've only been a lurker on her thread so far.  I love reading your updates about her - your love for her is truly heartwarming.  Thank you for taking such good care of her!

All the best,
Roberta and the NJ pack collie.gif (Wish we had an emoticon for a tricolor collie!  Guess this will have to do;  it's as close as I can find to Chance saying Hi to Zoom...)
http://chancethecollie.blogspot.com/

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,969 posts
Just wanting to send you Happy Mother's Day wishes...You are such a good Mom to Zoom...

How is her bacterial infection?  I sure do wish that would straighten out.  Our Cody had alot of problems with staph infections due to chronic ear problems...He was multi allergy and that was part of his skin issues...

Just wanting you to know that I've been reading your posts and keep you and Zom in my thoughts and prayers.  Judy

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

Thank you all - Roberta &  Judy for your kind posts.  I will definitely give Zoom a few extra hugs from you when I get home tonite.  

As to your suggestions re: Zoom's skin infection .... it has gotten much better.....it's just that the stupid thing won't quit.  I will ask about  "culture" when I
speak with vet next time - I thought he did a scraping last time.  My layman's opinion is that each time it's been treated hasn't been long enough ....what I gleaned from various websites on this,  is that it should be treated for 6 weeks minimum and perhaps longer if still present . ...can be very difficult to get rid of.
This last time was for 28 days...her skin, but has gone into ears & eyes.  They have only been treated anywhere from 5 days, 7 & l0 days.  Each time it does get
better....it just doesn't go away completely ...or pops up a short time after antibiotics are finished!  It really irks me that she never had this before she was
hospitalized at Tufts and they ignored it or said it was "dry skin" (which I thought!)
for so long until it was treated.   Now a year later,  "my baby" is still dealing with
this!  

But on a positive note, Zoom's alive.... eating, hasn't thrown up in awhile, I think we have her insulin at a good level for her ......she continues to growl at the syringe at medicine time as she hops onto to her pillow on my lap so I can give her the shot!   So I feel,  all considered, we are both blest!   I talk to her all about
these people I don't even know that care about her....that pray for her ....and that
make possible for our life's journey to continue with the generosity of her sponsors
and angels and many caring hearts!  Hugs from both of us to you
all!! thanks3.gif  thanks3.gif  thanks3.gif

So that's about it for now ....hope all of you are doing well and your fur babies
are too!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Hello Susan and Zoom, I have to apologize for not stopping by sooner (let's say I was brought over by faith).  

Zoom sounds like such a special girl, I am so happy that you have found IMOM and have come to know all the wonderful people that truly care about Zoom.

I will be stopping by again.  

Please give Zoom a big hug from me and my fur-babies.

hugs.gif

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

FemGeek

FemGeek

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 330 posts
Hi again!

You may be on to something, with the theory that Zoom's infection hasn't been treated long enough.  Anyone who's ever taken an antibiotic, has probably read the directions that tell you to be sure to take the whole course, not to stop even if you start to feel better.  Thing with bacteria is, the antibiotics kill off the weaker ones, first.  If you stop too soon, the stronger nasties survive, and go on to produce more, strong bacteria that's resistant to the antibiotic.  So ya gotta kill 'em all. :-)  If it were me, I'd ask the vet to do a culture & sensitivity (even if he did a scraping and culture before, the bacteria could have developed a resistance to the antibiotic she's getting) and then provide a long course of the appropriate antibiotic.  And do another culture a couple of days after the antibiotic is finished.  Maybe something topical, as well as oral, would help, too...But then, I'm looking at it from the human angle;  this is the protocol we use with our human patients with infections.  Dunno if the vets are into the same routine, but it couldn't hurt to ask. :-)

And Susan, may I say that your attitude is amazing!  I'd be in a permanent Deep Blue Funk if I were in your shoes, but you manage to stay so positive and upbeat - what's your secret??  It's no wonder Zoom is such a little trooper - she gets it from her Mom!

Hugs back atcha,
Roberta
http://chancethecollie.blogspot.com/

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,969 posts
Just wanting you to know that your love shows through and through your posts about Zoom...

I am glad to read that the bacterial infection is clearing up some...I hope her summer haircut helps some more...

She sounds like such a sweet dog...I had to smile when I read about her getting her shots...Isn't it nice that she's so good about getting her meds.  half of the stress of giving medicines is when they fight you...makes you both upset...Keep up the good work!  Judy

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(FemGeek @ May 11 2007, 05:10 AM) View Post

Roberta and the NJ pack collie.gif (Wish we had an emoticon for a tricolor collie!  Guess this will have to do;  it's as close as I can find to Chance saying Hi to Zoom...)

I have one!  [attachmentid=3124]

Attached Files

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,082 posts
Hi Susan and Zoom,

Sorry it's been since March that I posted. I do keep up on Zoom though at least once a week. One of my own PIN kids has been having more problems then usual, so I peek in and just haven't been posting.
I know sometimes it can get quiet, and feels like u are posting and answering urself the next few times. LOL. But I know many people behind the scenes read and NEVER post--but they are there--so u really aren't talking to urself!
U can even look at the number of views on the Diabetic main forum page where all the Diabetic PIN's are listed. It shows the list of names, then "replies", then the "topic starter," then "views." You may have no "replies", but several "views."
So, yup, people are reading and caring abt u and Zoom!!

I think Roberta had some great idea's--and like she said ask ur vet since she is a diabetic before trying. Probiotics would be so good becuz of all the antibiotics. My boys use a powder one, but also use some yogurt (plain and either no fat or low fat--I forget which) and also acidopholis can be used. Again check with ur vet.
I wonder if there is an underlying yeast infection too--u would think there would have to be with all the antibiotics.
I too hope the vet gets to the root of the problem, becuz stopping and restarting antibiotics after even a few days can cause resistence. The vet needs to know exactly what he is dealing with (hence the C&S) and get Zoom on long term and kick this bacteria on it's butt!!!

Hugs to Zoom!

P.S. I always copy what I type before hitting "add reply"--then if I lose it I can paste it back in. Saved me some major cussing at times. lol.
Posted Image

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

Zoom & I are feeling so loved!!!!!  I have so many replies this week from my
postings I couldn't believe it!   Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions ..
will definitely run these all by the vet and hopefully clear up this situation.

And I agree with what you all said.....I have mentioned,  previously, as  to length of  treatment ... but he still prescribed a short amount, altho this time was longer, yet still not the 6 weeks at least.  After me saying this a couple of times, I don't know how else to approach this..... I understand I'm not a doctor, but....   Well,
we're not giving up!

Zoom is actually sitting in my lap as I type ....as I had to be out of apt. for "fly
extermination".....am told after an hour it's ok to re-enter.   Luckily, no one's
objecting and my "wild child" is behaving!!!   Actually, I think that's due to the
heat....which if it's like this till next week....off with her hair!   I love her fluff-ball
long haired look though and it makes her extra cuddly.....but I know it should help
with infection and besides Ms. Zoom hates grooming so she gets to avoid it for awhile once it's done.  Otherwise, she's been ok ...well, we did have an episode of
vomiting this week.  I knew as soon as I wrote that last post she hadn't vomited ...
was tempting the gods!!!!!    But  she's ok.

Again, thank you all for being there and all the great responses... I love getting "mail"!!!   Hope you all & fur-babies are doing well.....Hugs to you all!!!!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Glad that Zoom is feeling okay, glad the vomting episode was just that - a vomiting episode.

My Andee hates the groomer too, but it's understandable, he's been doing okay with the groomer, but is he in a huge hurry to leave when I pick him up.  I don't even get much of a chance to see how great he looks!

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
anidogfris.gif

Hi all!  Thanks Linda for your post ....I laughed about your dog ....I know exactly what that's like!  My other one (pre-Zoom) didn't like the groomers either.... in fact
if we were out walking around the neighborhood(I lived in the city at this time) and we started down the block the groomer was on .....the leash would go one way
and I'd be walking the other way.  She was so traumatized!  She was another poodle too.   And it's funny, I took such care with them when they were babies when they began they're grooming experiences hoping they wouldn't be frightened, but I guess it's just the nature of the beast!  

And speaking of grooming, Zoom got her summer "doo" last night .....as much as she let me anyway.  But the long & fluffy is gone for the summer ...and I hope this
will help with her skin problems.  Most of her body looked good, where she still has
problems is  around her mouth (snoot) and down her neck, eyes,  and both ears are really bad again.  I still have some of the antibiotic I used last time which I put
in her ears to calm them down,  but am going to call vet again to see what he wants to do and will bring up all the imom suggestions.

Have to dash...have maintenance work being down in my apt I have to be there
for.  Hope all's ok and furbabies are doing well too.  Bless you ....Zoom's sponsors
for all your help....sending great big Zoom hugs to you all!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
hi Susan, this was such an adorable description of Zoom:

I love her fluff-ball long haired look though and it makes her extra cuddly.

but I'm glad she has her summer-doo to be comfortable, and that it helps with her skin problems. I hope the vet can give her the right stuff for the right time to clear this up once and for all.  Our Zoom only needs to be thinking about having fun zoomin' around and being a very loved puppy.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
dog2.gif

Hi all! this will be a quick post tonite ....my back is going in reverse again and difficult for me getting out & sitting.  Plus computer I'm using doesn't have a great chair, but can't complain ...it's free!

Zoom's doing ok .... am still working on fine-tuning her haircut but it has made a
difference in certain areas especially around her mouth with all her hair cut back.
She loves it after it's all done, but my goodness she hates the process and it's like
wrestling a mastif ....all the wiggling and objections.  

Her ears were looking really bad so put some of her medicine in them ....it does
calm it down, but hasn't gone away.   Been busy with my own things this week, but a call to the vet is definitely on the list for next week to let him know what's
going on with her skin.  And I will mention everyone's suggestions......thank you
all for caring about Zoom & I.  I forget who mentioned how positive I am....believe
me I have my moments.......it's usually when Zoom gets some extra hug and bless her somehow she knows & I get extra hugs back!  

Received Zoom's latest shipment of diabetic supplies......thank you sponsors  

thanks3.gif  thanks3.gif  thanks3.gif  and again, thanks for caring about Zoom & I ...
I go to a new back-doctor next week .... say a prayer & fingers-crossed.   Will
let you all know the update next week .... I long to be able to walk with Zoom on
the beach!  Hugs to you all & furbabies too!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

How's everyone doing?  ....This week has just flown by for me, one of those
with back to back daily appts. and with my back it has just wiped me out.
Am on my way home now from leaving earlier today and still didn't get everything  done.....but couldn't walk anymore and knew I still had to post tonite.

Zoom of course gets kind of feeling upset  when I have so many things to do and places to go where  she can't go with me.   The "poodle guilt" she inflicts on me,  I can't stand it!!    Her skin is looking better this week ....triming her hair has
helped, but just this am before I left,  I checked her ears and did not like the way it looked; as I said last week did put in her ear/eye meds and they do calm down, but again as soon as you stop using it ......it returns in a short time.  

Vet was on list for this week which now it will be done this coming week ..... but she's eating  and otherwise I think doing ok...    and I'm sure anxious right now for me to get home for her dinner and give her lots of hugs and kisses for being a good girl all day!  Which I can hardly wait to do!

Hope you and all furbabies are doing ok !!!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all!  Again this week has flown by ....... have been busy with housing things ...was hoping to be able to move to a milder climate this year (my lease was just up) but now,  not right now.  It would be better for me healthwise and I'm not getting any younger and would like to do it while I can still "hobble"!!  But hopefully next time.

Anyway, Zoom seems to be doing great.....her skin is looking good too, ears, eyes
are clearing up.....I'm really hesitant to even write this....every time I do, next week it flares up.  Just gave her a bath before I left to post today .....I'm hoping
to make it to the beach with her next week ....where she can romp and be "Zoom"!
As long as it isn't too hot, the heat effects both of us .....but will let you all know how it goes!

Had a setback with my back but not to where it was .....thank goodness!! Just non-stop icepacks!  Am grateful for what I have....and especially that Ms. Zoom is still with me.  Thank you IMOM & sponsors & angels out there .....I wish you all could stop over for some iced tea and see what your generous hearts have accomplished!!   Zoom really is  a miracle dog with your help!     happydance.gif  happydance.gif  thanks3.gif

Well that's about all for now ...the best to all of you & furbabies!!!!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,293 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

It's been another hectic week for me.  Zoom & I unfortunately did not make it
to the beach ....we had a heat wave like everyone else and Zoom goes outside and just gives me one of her "are you kidding me?" looks and does what she has to do and heads back for the door.  Can't blame her though ....it was really hot here.   The heat seems to get to her even more so since she's had diabetes, I don't know if that's typical ....but I'm just extra careful with her!

Zoom seems to be doing ok ..... her skin is looking better ...eyes and ears too.
Could the trimmed haircut have made such a difference?  Warmer weather???
Well, I'm not tempting fate ....and hopefully prayers have been answered!!!!!  But
like I said last week, am not comfortable with saying that .... something always seems to happen.   But for today, Miss Zoom is eating, not throwing up, and seems
to be doing well! happydance.gif  happydance.gif  happydance.gif

So hopefully, this coming week,  weather's supposed to be alot cooler ... so Zoom & I can get our walk on the beach in.   Hope all's well with you & your furbabies ...Zoom hugs to you all, especially Zoom's Sponsors!!!!    heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

Till next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users