Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoom Manly

• Please log in to reply
976 replies to this topic

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi everyone - how are you all doing?  The holidays sure are here already - have
been busy trying to get ready for them.   Zoom is afraid of the vacum and goes
hiding under the bed as soon as she sees it coming out of the closet - well she 's
had a double whammy because I've been cleaning my carpets this past week and
to her that machine is just another vacum cleaner!  Poor thing - had everything up
off the floor this past week - her bed, toy baskets, etc.  --- wouldn't leave a room
without a toy in her mouth.  Well almost done - next the decorations - I LOVE the
holidays - whatever anyone's celebrating - and so does Zoom, she does enjoy her
presents!  Last month - I "splurged" on her XMas outfit - reduced on clearance to
$3 - perfect price-range, but it's  adorable.  It's like a sleeveless T-Shirt(they call it a doggie dress!)- in a pretty red t-shirt material with beige trim around neck & legs; them down center of back is a wide beige satin ribbon with little embroidered edges along each side of ribbon,  and then  little white pearls about every inch or so to the botton of the shirt.  3/4 of the way down on either side of the beige ribbon are "mock" beige pockets with a matching white pearl in the center.  I thought it was so cute .....the dog will be better dressed for the holidays than I will!
And don't you know as soon as I came home with it and showed it to her ---she just sniffing at it and wagging her tail ...she "knew" it was hers!

Just found out Zoom's appt. with new vet has been approved - Yeah!  I'm going to
call tomorrow and hope I can get her in to be rechecked - with the holiday this
week - may not be until next week - but will let you know.  I'm so relieved the
appt. has been approved.  Thank you sponsors!!!!!!

Well until next time - Zoom & I wish you a blest, happy, healthy & safe holiday
this week.  Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!

(Can't get smiles/icons to work! ..this computer is terrrible!)

Anyway,

BIG HUGS,

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Hi Susan, so glad that you have found a vet for Zoom.  I know you have worked very hard on this, and sure hope you and Zoom like the new vet -- and, of course, that the report from the vet is good and that the bacterial infection can get fixed up once and for all.  The doggie dress sounds absolutely adorable -- and I am sure Miss Zoom knows that it is for her.  If there is any way you can get a photo, we would love to see it. My cats feel the same way that Zoom does about the vacuum.. I feel like this big ogre person when I bring it out, but the carpet does have to be cleaned.  They recover, though, but boy they can scatter quickly when it comes out.  I always try to make sure none of them are "trapped" in a room.  I guess it's that their hearing is so much better than ours, but I've never heard a good explanation, but I sure know they don't like it.  Hope you have a very good thanksgiving day!

carol

carol

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 363 posts
Susan, hope you & Zoom had a happy Thanksgiving. Hope we can see a picture of Zoom in her new dress & that the appointment with the new vet goes well.

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
dog2.gif

Hi all - hope you are recovering from Thanksgiiving and all had a great holiday.
It was a quiet one for Zoom and I - but a nice one.

Thanks Carol and Kay for your posts.  I will try to get some pictures of Zoom
in her XMas dress and send them in.  I wilsh I had a computer with scanner where I could do it myself.  I would love for you all to see her - I have sent
several in rto IMOM in the past and I don't know why they  haven't been put up
on Zoom's page.  I hope maybe for the holidays - I  would like Zoom's sponsors especially to see her!

Zoom goes to new vet this Thursday - fingerscrossed for a good report - and an
end put to bacterial infection.

Will let you know how it goes - hope all is well with everyone and fuirryones
too!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Howdy everyone - just checking in to see how you are doing!  

Went to new vets this past Thursday with "Miss Zoom" - they were all very nice.
Quite a large place which I wasn't expecting, but staff and vet couldn't have been
more accomodating.  Took about an hour & half to get there and wouldn't you know on the way Zoom starts dry-heaving and throwing up!   I couldn't believe it -
she hasn't had an episode since the summer and you can imagine I was a wreck
at this point - in an area I don't know - trying to find my way - and   poor Zoom
throwing up.  Timing was perfect  - she had stopped by the time we got there.
Vet didn't seem too concerned as she wasn't doing this when we got there.  (I was
in flashback mode tho of  most of '06 with Zoom!  Zoom's mom is still recovering
from everything this year!)  But she's fine and hasn't happened since!

The vet confirmed infection in her eyes and ears so she has meds for that and
unfortunately since she piddled as soon as we got there,  couldn't  get  another
sample before we left vet so I'll be bringing one back this week for testing to see
if she   has a urinary tract infection.   Says they can be frequent with diabetics???
Feedback anyone?   feedback.gif    He also did some bloodwork and I probably won't know on that until this week as well.  But he felt she was regulated with what
I described ......YEAH! claphands.gif  happydance.gif

Zoom did "christen" her holiday/XMas Dress for her vet visit.  Vet commented ...
so you wanted to make sure she'd make a good impression!   Everyone loved it
...technicians & office staff commented on it.  And of course ....Zoom loved all
the praise!  She did look too cute ......will try and get a picture of her in it to
IMOM over holidays.  

Kay, got a kick out of your post about your  cat and  the vacuum - Zoom likes
cats -they could be friends! It's,  unfortunately,  other dogs she still has a problem
with ....because she was attacked several  times as a puppy.  I wish I could afford
lessons for her to get over that but all my inquires have come back with really
expensive sessions.  Again, thanks Kay & Carol for your recent posts.

And thank you Zoom's sponsors .....I can't tell you how much I appreciate you
caring about Zoom.  It was such a relief too, to get her looked & rechecked at the
vet this last week.    THANK YOU SPONSORS and all of you at IMOM & friends out
there who have been kind enough to donate to Zoom fund and care about Zoom.
We BOTH appreciate it!    thanks3.gif  thanks3.gif  thanks3.gif

Well, that's about all now ...things are getting busy with the holidays ...hope to get
my tree up this week ...(thought that was happening last week!).  Anyway, my
best to you all out there and until next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Leslie B.

Leslie B.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 400 posts
Hi Susan,

I am so glad things went well with the new vet.  It is true that diabetics are prone to stubborn urinary infections.  My diabetic cat had them frequently.  It has to do with the higher sugar levels in the urine - guess bacteria like that.  I hope that Zoom's skin and other problems clear up nicely with treatment.  

Zoom's Christmas dress sounds so pretty!  I too would love to see a picture of her in it.  Please give her a kiss from me.

Leslie whitekitty.gif  eight.gif

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi everyone out there!  Hope you and yours and furry ones are doing ok!

Zoom seems to be responding well to the meds the vet gave her last week.
Her eyes are starting to look nice and clear....even with the ointment in them, and
her ears are clearing up well too.  The meds they gave her for her ears makes her
fur all "oily" but hopefully this  will do the trick!  Will be nice to have her looking
pretty again ...especially for the holidays.   I hope to have her picture taken with
Santa again this year ....silly, I know, but usually fun and proceeds go to pet
charities.  Tried to set something up with IMOM benefiting  but they already had a
local charity doing it.  Anyway, a nice win/win situation.

I have to bring back a urine sample this week and based on the results of whatever tests they will do on that ... vet will decide if we increase her insulin or
not.  Her other bloodwork came back ok .... so that was good news.    claphands.gif  claphands.gif  claphands.gif  

Thanks Leslie for your post  ..... I'm hoping she won't have to be put on more meds, but  if she does have infection .... probably ...at least temporarily.  It'll
be nice to have her 100% for the holidays.   Every time I think of what she went
through this last year, it's really a miracle she is still here with me!!   I am so
grateful for all of you out there, Zoom's sponsors and donors and all of you with
IMOM .... Zoom would not be here without your help.  

THANK YOU       THANK YOU       THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's really about all for now .....all the best to everyone,   until next time,

BIG HUGS,

SUSAN & ZOOM

carol

carol

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 363 posts
Alright, Susan & Zoom.  Keep up the good work and good bloodwork!

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all!  Hope everyone and furry ones are doing well.

Thanks Carol for your post!  It's so nice to hear from people out there!

Well,......update on Zoom.  Had to return to vets with urine sample which  I finally
got to do F;riday.....the last  week or so everyday I had planned to go back something came up and couldn't go....it's a 3hr. roundtrip drive for me from where
I am....anyway.  When I got home last nite at about llpm the vet had already called with results of urine sample ...that with results of other bloodwork he had
done feels Zoom is not as regulated as originally thought and is increasing her
insulin another 2 units per day.   It kind of scared me when I heard who was
calling on my machine but at same time impressed with the "service".  Didn't
sound overly concerned and said to check with him in about a week to see if
we see any difference in Zoom.   Sooooooo. ......Zoom's much better ....but
not where I hope she will be soon!

She's really perplexes me ...she can go from wanting to eat anything that isn't
nailed down (including things she would never eat before or liked) or as tonite
when we got home ....her dinner she wouldn't touch, even tho I knew she was
hungry, ...sat there begging with pathetic poodle eyes while I ate my sandwich ...
and even with hand-feeding would not eat her dinner.... with continued attention
she finally ate her dinner and I could give her the insulin shot.   She certainly
needed to put back on weight after her ordeal this last year but I don't want her
to become overweight with all her eating.   I leave out kibble for her all the time
and vet said I should do this in case her blood sugar goes low.  I did this all the
time before the diabetes .....she just wasn't eating like she is now.   I'm probably
just worrying too much .... like I said, Zoom may be doing alot better than she
was ...I haven't recovered from it yet!  

Anyway, thank you Zoom's sponsors and donors for making Zoom's care possible.
She and I both send you great big Zoom Hugs!!!!!  Thank you all at IMOM too and
everyone out there just rooting for Zoom, please know I feel the same way about
you and your beloved pets!      thanks3.gif

Well, that's about all for now .....will let you know anymore news ....hope you all
are enjoying the holidays....till next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

I can't believe I was just proofreading my post for you and the entire thing
just disappeared.  I don't know why that happens, all of a sudden a little timer
thing appeared and it was gone.  Ahhhhhh, and I was all finished.

Well, Zoom I think still needs another increase in her insulin.   The vet wanted
me to check in with him the end of this week after she's been on this last increase.
I don't think it had much of an effect.... she's still urinating alot.  I've watched her
more closely this week and my vote would be for another increase in her insulin.
She seems to have responded well to meds for eyes and ears ...finished giving her
those....so far, no more discharge ... or smells.  Hopefully, we'll  get her insulin
straightened out soon.

Went last weekend to get Zoom's pictures with Santa.  She looked adorable ....wore her new XMas "dress"!  Santa & staff loved it!  Such a nice
thing they do, is half of the proceeds are given to a local humane society.  Makes
it even more enjoyable to do, plus having the great memories with the pictures!

Again, I wanted to thank Zoom's sponsors for helping with her care .....please
know how much I appreciate you caring about Zoom.  I'm looking at her this
Christmas and am so grateful she is here for another year ....how close I was
to not having her with me this Holiday Season!  Thank you all so much!  Zoom and
I want to wish her Sponsors, Donors, IMOM Staff, "Angels" and all affiliated caring
hearts out there a Beautiful Holiday Season....whatever you may be celebrating ....
may it be Happy, Healthy, and filled with many "granted wishes" and blessings!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Oh, I bet Zoom was absolutely adorable in her photo with Santa!  I hope when you talk to the vet this week, he can provide some help -- glad the meds have helped with the other problems.  We want to be sure that Zoom keeps on zoomin' :-)  Hugs to your special girl...

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
hugs.gif

Just a brief note, was able to get on line ....on my way home from church on
Christmas Eve!  A Christmas miracle!

Vet put Zoom on antibiotics for urinary tract infection .....hope this helps.  Just
started them Fri. eve.  ...step by step, she's getting better.  We'll get there yet.

A blessed Holiday everyone - big Zoom hugs to everyone from us both!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hello everyone out there .........hope your holidays have been enjoyable and you
are getting ready for welcoming in 2007 tomorrow night!  They certainly have
flown by!

Zoom seems to be doing better with the antibiotics ....she just started her second
week of them so we'll see how it goes.  She's had less accidents and less
urgency to go which she has right after eating and drinking ....so I hope I will
continue to see a difference through the completion of the antibiotics.   Otherwise,
she's enjoyed the holidays and special treats and gifts, etc. .....that's my girl!

A friend of mine is going to try and send Zoom's pictures through equipment she
has at work....plus she has a digital camera.   We were getting together over the
holidays and unfortunately her little dog got sick on XMas Day and within days
was very ill.  She rushed him to the vets and they found a large mass and he was
already in renal failure.  He just turned 14 and she did not want to put him through
chemo ....unfortunately he was put to sleep yesterday.  My heart is breaking for her ...she loved that little dog so much and doesn't have other pets (very much like Zoom & I!).    He went everywhere with her and was a great comfort to me this past year when Zoom was so sick ...... he "knew" something was wrong.  I've been praying for her since I heard the news.  She was fortunate to get a really compassionate vet to come to her home so "Lucky Dog" (he was a rescue!) could be with his toys and comfortable.  I know the angels were there with all of them .....and I  will keep them all in my prayers.

Zoom & I are just having a friend or two over for New Year's Eve .... and I'm
fixing a late dinner and we'll hopefully watch "the ball" drop and welcome in 2007!
Hope you all have an enjoyable time too.   Until next time .........talk to you
next year!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone.......may we all have a prosperous and happy and
healthy 2007!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all!  Happy New Year!  Hope everyone's holidays were great and furry ones
are all doing well too!

Zoom seems to have responded to the Anti-biotics for urinary tract infection -
I've noticed a reduction of accidents.  Only has them en-route to going....but
now there is a difference.  May have to bring in another urinalysis for vet - she
has just finished last of anti-biotics and will speak with him again next week.

Not much else is going on.  My friend that lost her dog over Holidays came over
for New Year's Eve dinner ...both of us are upset at her loss, but the evening
actually was a pleasant one.  Other guests canceled at last minute but I was cele-
brating and helping my other friend no matter what and things worked out and
didn't burn dinner!   Zoom was really great with her too ...... definitely "knew" something was wrong ....wanted to sit on my friends lap alot and give alot of
Zoom hugs!   This was the former neighbor that went bacK & forth with me to
the vets on emergencies when Zoom was so ill last year.   I do believe animals
remember!  She wouldn't let my friend out of her sight ....even followed  her to the
bathroom....she usually just does that with me!   I'm so glad Zoom just sensed
the extra hugs were really needed for her.   heart.gif

Also, Zoom & I celebrated my birthday on the 3rd .....the years are definitely
going by too quickly!  Well, that's about all for now ....hope Zoom's sponsors know
how much Zoom & I appreciate them being there.   I thought about that almost every time I looked at Zoom over the holidays and feel so blest to still have her
with me.   Thank you, Sponsors-Angels-Donors- & IMOM!    thanks3.gif

Till next time,

hugs.gif  

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi everyone!   Hope everyone is okay and all your furry ones are doing well
too!

Nothing much new - Zoom's finished her antibiotics and they seemed to have
helped.  I'm giving it a week to see how much of a "difference" there is before
speaking to vet.  They may have to do another urinalysis.  Otherwise, she
seems fine.  Unbelievable appetite -  but after her not eating anything for so
long I hesitate to complain about that  and vet didn't seemed concerned as he
thought her blood levels were good.

Anyway, hugs to you all - sponsors, donors, all at IMOM ....and caring hearts.
Positive thoughts to you and hope life is being kind to you all.

Until next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
anidogfris.gif

Hi everyone - hope all's ok out there.  Cold weather has really started to hit
here today and boy do Zoom & I want the 50/60 degree weather back!

Zoom is doing well.  I think  the antibiotics have made a difference.  She may
have to  go back to vet for recheck, but otherwise is doing well.  Skin infection
seems to have cleared up ...altho I hesitate to say this after the last year!  But
her appetite is good ...in fact I've never seen her eat so much!  The vet didn't
seem worried about that.  So hopefully all's well!

Not really much new ....which in a way as long as there's no bad news...consider
it a blessing.   So until next time, big Zoom hugs to all !

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Hi Susan! a rather belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY - I so agree with you, they do seem to come around awfully fast these days.  Glad this Miss Zoom is doing well and sure hope that skin infection stays away.  It is so sweet that she knew your friend was grieving, but we already knew what a sweetheart she is smile.gif

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi everyone!  Things here are going pretty well ....not much new.

Zoom seems to still be doing well after finishing anti-biotics and her skin looks
good.  Fussed when I was grooming her ears the other night though ....which oddly enough is the one thing she doesn't fuss at when I groom her.....I usually feel like I could use Hulk Hogan to hold onto her when I groom everything else,  (you'd never think she's just a 10 pound poodle!);   but her ears,  she usually just lets me do what needs to be done.  Ever since the infection, she's  sensitive with them.  Although they look ok to me ...and no secretions or odors coming out of them, but I think I'll mention it to the vet next time.  Otherwise, she seems ok ...eating up a storm and not thrilled with the cold weather that has finally arrived here ....but neither am I!

Kay, thanks for you're post and my Birthday Greetings!  Zoom sends great big
Zoom hugs too!

Well, that's really all for now - hope all your furry ones are doing well too.  All
our best to Zoom's Sponsors .....you're in my prayers everyday for your kindness
for Zoom!

Until next time -

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Hi Susan, I am so happy to hear that Zoom's skin problems have cleared up.  Asking about the ear issue is a good idea, but sometimes they do get some associations in their heads that aren't rational -- so hopefully it will turn out to be a short-term thing.  My Mugsy sends his best to Zoom -- he is our "zoom" kitty, and every morning when he starts zooming I think of your precious puppy -- and that commercial with the song, "zoom, zoom, zoom..."

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
anidogfris.gif

Thanks Kay for your post.   I think it's so funny about your Mugsy .... I know when
Zoom was a puppy I could not believe how she could play ....it was like the energizer bunny!  I had never owned a dog before that was so hyper ....of course
if you read back in her history this wasn't the case when I picked her out from her
breeder.  She was active -...then fell asleep in my arms at the vets when I went to
have her checked.....but the day I took her home, as soon as we hit the end of the driveway leaving the breeder's  house ......Miss Zoom exerted her independence!

Funny... I laugh when I hear that commercial too with zoom, zoom, zoom ...think
they need a mascot?   Now, I'll  also think of Mugsy too!  Wish I could have a cat - I'm allergic - wasn't when I was younger and I like them ...and they know it but poor things ..have to leave the premises or can't breathe around them.  Looked into those hairless cats,  but too expensive for me --although I always ask at our
local rescue for them when I drop off donations.  Zoom likes cat ...she's afraid of
other dogs ....I thought maybe the company for her would be good.  But right now with Zoom & myself I have my hands full with things.    I'm glad she now has calmer momemts, but she still can bevery excitable!  But you know I adore my
Zoom Dog!     heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

Hope all's ok with everyone..... until next time -

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all ....hope everyone is doing ok!   The cold weather and snow has finally arrived here ... not that much snow yet, but it's been really cold.   Miss Zoom
likes it to a point and then looks at me with the .....Why are we out here freezing
look?

Ms. Zoom seems to be doing ok ....no major problems and she's been eating
regularly pretty much so am happy about that.  Have found I guess a diet she &
vet likes and last checkup her levels were good so am just not "messing when it's
not broke"!

That's really all for now ......hugs to you all, especially Zoom's sponsors .....hope
life is being kind and good, and Zoom & I send positive thoughts to you all!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

PS - my friend who had to put her dog down over holidays - has found another
       Westie pup.  Is picking him up in a few weeks from breeders!   Am so happy
       for her!

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi Everyone --   nothing much new here, but I was able to get on computer
so thought I'd  check in this morning!

Zoom seems to be doing well - eating well and being her mischievious self!
After what I went through with her last year, I love coming home to her
toys all over the house ....and especially her greeting me at the door with
her carrying one in her mouth!  

Both of us are not crazy about this cold weather, but no complaining ...we haven't
had much snow and we had 50/60's in January!   I prefer this to hot, humid days
in the summer...but I'd love to have the 50/60's back!

Hope you are all well ....thank you IMOM and Zoom's sponsors for helping me
with Zoom's supplies and needs.  Bless you all!

Hugs to all you .... until next time,

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
hi Susan and Zoom! so glad to hear that Miss Zoom is doing okay.. they sure are cute when they show up with toys in their mouths... though I am always glad that Mugs is an indoor kitty, so it is always toys in his mouth smile.gif Mugs says hello from one "zoomer" to another!!

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
rose.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY  EVERYONE!!!!!!!    Hope you all are having a special
day and have someone or something in your life to hug today and have hug you
back.   I know I'm enjoying my Zoom hugs!   I realized today is a year ago I almost lost Zoom to Diabetes after  which vet #l mistreated her.  My goodness ...
most of '06 for Zoom & I was a "blur"!  I look at her today and am so grateful she is still here with me and this Valentine's Day she's having one of her favorites for dinner and a new great big red soft squeaky toy for her to celebrate with!

She's still having problems  with accidents though ...not all over the place ...just when she needs to go,  it's right away.   I leave piddle pads for her in my kitchen and sometimes she doesn't make it.  So Vet wants to recheck her again and also
I'm afraid we're still not out of the woods with her bacterial infection on her skin(I had been told this could be difficult to get rid of!) ..
Noticed some flaking ...wasn't sure, as I've let her hair grow really long now with cold weather, but under her chin after I washed last week there's this whole section that looked inflamed and she didn't want me touching it.  At first, I thought  it was maybe leftover dogfood that I missed on her chin after dinner time; but after I washed her ...it was like glue and she didn't want me pulling at it, & since I wasn't sure if I should be  since underneath it looked really red ...that's when I called the vet.   Am waiting to get approval for
appt. from committee so I can bring her in to be rechecked again.  Her estimate is for $300-$350 and I don't know if  that includes medicines costs ...I know I told them to consider that and include it,  but I believe he has to exam her again first.  

Anyway, that's what's been going on.  And today, we're really getting walloped with the snow and cold so am keeping my fingers crossed for the ride home .....
am glad I was able to get on computer though!  

Well, again, thanks IMOM and sponsors, angels and caring hearts out there ......
can't tell you how much I appreciate you caring about Zoom.   She sends you all
great big Zoom Hugs for Valentine's Day!!!!   heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

Until next time,

BIG HUGS & LOVE,

Susan & Zoom

Zoom's  account at present only has $275 and I believe that Zoom's sponsorships were halted  because she had money not being used in her account ....I guess
I'll ask Renee my advisor  where we go from here.

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Hi Susan, catching up on Zoom and sure hope that things are okay for your sweet puppy...her Valentine's Day sounds just about perfect with her favorite dinner and her favorite toy and her most favorite person in the world smile.gif

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

Hi all!!  This will be quick as I've had a heck of a time getting time on my "free
computer" I use to post to IMOM.  They've been breaking down and problems with
people taking parts leaving them inoperable.  This is my third try this week and I
literally sat and waited for two hours  for person before me to be finished so I could post!  (He wasn't thrilled about that...but I knew I'd never get computer time if I left.  I hope in  '07 I am able to get a computer I can use from home....had a few almosts...hand-me-downs...but never came about.  I've also been having difficulty with walking and wasn't  sure if I could make it back again tonite.

Zoom has gotten her approval on estimate to be rechecked at Vets....I plan  to
bring her in next week and will let you all know how it goes.  Thank you Zoom
sponsors!!!! thanks3.gif

Thanks Kay ...as always ....for your gracious message ....I love hearing from you
all!

Sooo, until next time -

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
pp_animal_103.gif

This will be a real quick post.  Nothing new on Zoom ....we had to reschedule
her vet appt. for today as I've been really sick ......bad back problems and have
difficulty walking at this point.  

My doctor's appt. cancelled out Zoom's today, but have her rescheduled for next
Thursday at vets and hopefully  will be able to make it.   My back is so bad I cannot walk without help of 2 canes right now.....and believe me this is an improvement from last weekend.  

So keep Zoom & I in your prayers and will let you know how she doing .....almost
didn't make it  to computer today!  

My best to all of you and furry ones!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

pp_animal_103.gif

Was able to get some computer time tonight (I can hardly wait till I have my own
someday!) and just wanted to say hi from Zoom & I.

Zoom goes to vets this Thursday....if I can still "hobble"....so I'll be glad to have
her rechecked again.  

My  back is still not great ...thank goodness I have an office chair with wheels at home....it's been a lifesaver.  That and two canes I still have used previously ....all's being put to good use.  And my precious Zoom is being wonderful throughout this ....how she adjusts.....she teaches me so much about life!

Anyway, keep us in your prayers and will let you know what happens.  Hope all's good with you all and your cherished furry ones!

hugs.gif

Susan & Zoom

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Hi Susan, glad to hear that you are doing a bit better - and I agree with you, thank goodness for chairs with wheels...our furry ones do teach us so much, and they do such a good job of adjusting to life, much better than I do, that is for sure.  Will be thinking of Zoom on Thursday and hoping that the vet visit goes okay....

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

Hi all   -  just checking in to let you know what's going on.  

Zoom & I made it to the Vets last Thursday for her recheck.  She's still having problems with the bacterial infection......she's back on antibiotics in her eyes and
also taking them orally once a day.  He didn't think she needed the medicated shampoo again....but will be on antibiotics orally for the next four weeks.   I don't
believe how quickly this thing can spread .....she doesn't have it in her ears like last time .... although it's on the outside of her ears.  She's just never really kicked this thing completely since she was hospitalized and I hope this time they
keep her on antibiotics for a round longer ....most of what I've read up on this ...is
that the pet needs to be treated at least 6 weeks or longer.  I can see the difference in her eyes within a day after I start treating with the antibiotics ...they look so much clearer.  Also, gave me drops for her left eye which is too dry ....& they help her produce more tears.  

He didn't raise her insulin  ....took blood work which I don't have results of yet - one of which was to test her cortisol level for  Cushings .....we are back to that again.... I don't think she has it .....but she's put on 2lbs since last summer & is
looking pouchy because of it ....but she was sooooo thin after not eating for so long.  

He also wants me to do a bg curve on her at home .......am hoping I can do it
this weekend.  I have things scheduled all week and am playing catch-up since I
had to cancel things because I've been unable to get around.   (Am much better in
that dept. but still need "my little wheels" to get to "my big wheels" and 2 canes to
walk a limited distance.   But this is an improvement!  So am thinking positive and
will just take a bit more time to heal and am hoping my tests don't come back with
anything  "new"!!)

So that's about it for Zoom & I.  Zoom's really being such a good pooch .....she was so good at the Vets ..... and he did not have to sedate her as he thought.  Of
course, when she's at home....she knows exactly what she can get away with ...with me.....she's really so sick of being poked, prodded, pills, needles....but
God bless her...she comes over and sits on my lap when I call her for her medicine.  She also has been aware of my hobbling around (more than usual!) and somehow animals just know when something's wrong.  She truly is a blessing in my life.  And so is IMOM and her sponsors......thank you so much for helping me
get her back to the Vets .......I couldn't be doing this without you all there!

THANK YOU!   THANK YOU!    THANK YOU!

Well that's about all for now ....hope you and your furry ones are doing ok.

Till next time,

GREAT BIG HUGS!

Susan & Zoom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users