Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1004 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Here's the link to Tucker and Justice Part 4 - http://www.imom.invisionzone.com/community...?showtopic=2661

Here's Cindy's last post from Part 4.

k9sign  Today, 08:19 PM IP: 4.160.213.60 | Post #1016|  

Tuckie is stretched out snoring at the foot of the bed. He is doing fine!  

Justice is beside me still head bobbing off and on after 30 minutes and 2 doses of meds...feels like a scary repeat of last night. I hope the 2 GM's are NOT included!
Thank goodness the neuro is in tmw--and I am praying we do something!! I really have no doubt he will do something, becuz I think he was expecting (hoping) Justice would stop all this seizure activity. The last time he and I spoke on Thursday eve, Justice's seizures were not long like they had been. So we both hoped he was calming down.

Oh CatPaws--a 3AM train blowing it's whistle as it goes by u every night??!! YIKES!! Well I am glad the boys have icecream trains so they don't give u nightmares!!
We used to live abt a half mile from a train, but surprisingly we got used to it. Of course I was starting to lose my hearing from an illness--so that may be why I got used to it-lol.
But seriously, people would sometimes visit and if the train happened by they would wonder how we stood it--it just went into the background. BUT...it sounds like urs is way too close, and WAY too loud!! Earplugs probably wouldn't even help!!!
It's not looking good for tonight--although my hope is his brain is just going nuts now--so it can sleep all night. I can always dream--and it might even happen!!
hugs...and u and "Daddy-O" did a GREAT job with the pennant challenge!! You made a huge difference!
hugs

Thanks so much angels!!!

Thanks to all the IMOM Angels who have helped Tucker and Justice.  They are a couple very special schnauzies!
wbd3.jpg

Edited by Linda IMOM, 16 September 2007 - 08:38 PM.

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Justice is beside me still head bobbing off and on after 30 minutes and 2 doses of meds...feels like a scary repeat of last night. I hope the 2 GM's are NOT included!
Thank goodness the neuro is in tmw--and I am praying we do something!! I really have no doubt he will do something, becuz I think he was expecting (hoping) Justice would stop all this seizure activity. The last time he and I spoke on Thursday eve, Justice's seizures were not long like they had been. So we both hoped he was calming down.

Just wanted to come by and check on the boys and let you know we are sending lots of positive vibes for Justice tomm.  I'm so worried about him too. I hope the doc can help !!
Michelle & Sydney
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
WOW! This is amazing to have them at Part FIVE!!! Each part is nearly 1,000 posts, plus there were at least 3 threads over at the old site with almost 1,000 in each of them--(well we lost most of one becuz of a hacker)!!
So when u think abt it--there have been over 7,000 posts in three years!!!!
You guys are just the best!!!! banana.gif

I want my first post here to be positive.
So...Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!!!

==============T icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ===============

WHOO HOO!!! motimonkey.gif

Thanks so much angels. I will update abt Justice in a few minutes...
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
QUOTE(CatPaws @ Sep 16 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post

LOL-  That train doesn't bother me... except when it doesn't blow it's horn!  If I'm lucky enough to be asleep at 3AM, I'll wake up wondering what is wrong.

When I first moved to Jersey I was surprised at how bright the stars were and how many I could see.... until those stars started going in circles, and I realized they were the planes waiting to land at Newark.  

It amazes me that Tuckie's and Justice's brains can have that many GM over and over again.  I'll have to try to find the first thread and read from the beginning.  We're talking years this has been happening to them???

Ice Cream is a good thing ALWAYS!

One More Paula

AHH I thought u were another Paula--but I wasn't sure. Well u are in great company with "p and the boys" (the first Paula)--we have met and she is funny and a wonderful person!!
Justice is definitely having some bad effects of all the seizures. I just hope everything comes back. I think it will be very noticable when he does his agility. He will have to work hard at the particular obstacles the neuro said would help.
LOL, well as I said in an  above post, the boys thread has over 7,000 posts. I am not even sure if u go to Part One in this community if it will still take u back to ezboard where we used to be. For a long time u could still access his original posts (although most of part 1 at the other site was lost due to a hacker).
Tuck started having seizures at age 5 months--he just turned 7yo.
Justice started at age 3.5 yo--he just turned 5yo.

Yup, icecream IS a good thing ALWAYS!!!!!
Do u have a thread with ur furry family???
hugs!

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I'm relieved that the neuro is in tomorrow. I'm sorry I may have missed something on the previous thread, but do you have an appointment or are you just going to talk with him? I sure hope he can give Justie some help. I am beyond worried about him right now.

Glad that Tuckie is at two days. The Cootductor is snoozing in his bed right now but he'll be ready to keep the train rollin' as soon as his nap is done!

Hugs to the boys.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
QUOTE(Sequia @ Sep 16 2007, 09:19 PM) View Post

Cindy, I am so discouraged and worried about Justice. There has got to be something that can be done for him. I really hope that the neuro can figure it out tomorrow. For both the boys. If humans can have surgery to stop the seizures....why can't canines?

I still haven't heard back about the IBD meds from my friend yet. She only has access to the internet when she is at work.

I will pray for a never ending train that has all 3 of you on it!

Cynthia

Thanks for ur concern abt little Justice. I haven't updated yet--but he isn't doing well. If the neuro wasn't in tmw, I would be calling the ER.
I may have already said this, but someone on my epilepsy list lost their epi pupper (heartbreaking). She offered the extra meds, and the common ones were taken quickly. No one asked for the Felbatol, so I asked for them. I never even asked the mgs. Justice is now on 400mg tabs and he gets 1/2 tab 3X/day (so 200mgs 3X/day). What she sent was 600mg tabs. I have been worried abt trying to cut them into 1/3rd's to get proper dosing,  but that's what I was going to do. Now if the neuro  increases the Felbatol to 300mg TID, I will just have to halve it--and know I am getting a good doage in him, and see how he handles it. Plus I could start him as soon as I hear from the neuro or Mari (his asst) tmw at the appropriate dose--what a blessing!!

I feel so utterly helpless.

Thanks for caring. Hugs to u and Nathan ,Jonah and Naomi

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
QUOTE(SydsMom @ Sep 17 2007, 12:18 AM) View Post

Just wanted to come by and check on the boys and let you know we are sending lots of positive vibes for Justice tomm.  I'm so worried about him too. I hope the doc can help !!
Michelle & Sydney

Thanks so much Michelle. I know what a rollercoaster u are on too, but a different one. I am thrilled Syd is fully sponsored--I know that takes some worry off u now.
I too hope the neuro helps.

hugs to u and Syd.

Thanks so much angels

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
QUOTE(Laurie IMOM @ Sep 17 2007, 12:56 AM) View Post

I'm relieved that the neuro is in tomorrow. I'm sorry I may have missed something on the previous thread, but do you have an appointment or are you just going to talk with him? I sure hope he can give Justie some help. I am beyond worried about him right now.

Glad that Tuckie is at two days. The Cootductor is snoozing in his bed right now but he'll be ready to keep the train rollin' as soon as his nap is done!

Hugs to the boys.

Gosh, I think I answered everyone's posts from the boys Part 4 thread.

Hi Laurie, No, Justice doesn't have an actual appointment with the neuro tmw. When he and I spoke Thursday eve, he said to call Monday (today) with an update.
This (well actually Sunday) was a very bad day. He had 3 seizures in 24 hours-the first was abt 12:30AM and 3AM Sunday AM--I thought he was done with seizures in a 24 hour period. I was wrong. He started doing the head bobbing often Sunday eve, and then at 10:30PM had another GM. This one was a little scary, becuz at one point when he saw movement from me, he tried to go after me. He couldn't get his little body up--but he was not in there and had no idea what he was doing--it was a bit scary. I KNOW he wasn't in there--but I bawled when he did it.
If the neuro wasn't in tmw, I would have called the ER and had them call him.
I left a VM and sent a fax of his seizure log along with a long note. I hope I get a call to at least increase his Felbatol NOW!
As soon as I know anything, I will post. I am hoping it's not an evening call.
Tuckie will be waiting for Coot!!!
Hugs

Thanks so much angels!

Thanks so much Linda for doing Part 5!!!!!

Edited by k9sign, 17 September 2007 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image

bowsprite

bowsprite

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 541 posts
Dear Cindy,
You are on my heart and in my prayers.  I hope the neuro has something in his bag of tricks that will help Justie get out of this repetitive cycle of GM Seizures.  You both need it!  Hopefully Tuckie will stay on his train. Big Hugs to all of you.
Kathy, Puddin, Angel Lucky and visiting Zeus

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Got Justice on my worry list.  Give my little sweetie a hug for me.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

Oh, I am so sorry that Justice is not doing well. He is on my worry list too. Poor baby! I hope Tuck is still doing fine? I haven't had quite as much time lately to visit the forum, but you and the boys are always close in my thoughts.

I am sending healing vibes for Justice and hoping that something will come thru for him soon and he'll make a turn for the better.

hugs.gif to you and the boys.

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Cindy - I am praying for Justice and keeping him close and in my thoughts.  I hope the neuro has someting encouraging to tell you.  

Hugs to your sweet puppers!!!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Oh, there just has to be a light at the end of the tunnel...

Tuck had a complex partial seizure at 1PM. He was "off" all morning, so I wasn't surprised--it just seems harder to handle becuz of Justice.
He had meds and seems OK right now.

I heard form Mari. If it had been possible to get him in the hospital we would have today. But by the time I would have got him there, the neuro would have been gone and he would have been admitted thru the ER.
What we are going to do is have him go to Niki's hospital (not the specialty Hosp where the neuro and ER are located) tomorrow. He will be put on a propofol IV drip and we are all praying that stops the bad cycle.
As I said in an earlier post, it is considered a success if he can get to 24 hours seizure free--so if he only gets that far, we may be back in the same boat we are in now--although hopefully since it has anti-epileptic properties, it will have calmed his brain down, and if he breaks thru it will be less severe and will get him back on track the best way possible.
He will be hooked up a minimum of 6 hours--hopefully more like 9-10 hours. The longer the better, and that's one bad thing abt not doing it at MedVet is they could do it for 24 hours if need be (nearly $1,000)!! Even 12 hours there is $550-600.
So it will be a shorter time at Niki's since they close at regular times--but MUCH less expensive--partly becuz at MedVet he would have needed to go into ICU, whereas at Niki's I can stay with him, and no staff will need to sit with him, since I will be there the whole time and can grab someone if there is a problem.
Tomorrow is going to be a very long day. I just hope it stops the seizures.
Today he acts like he feels awful and I had to leave to make a quick trip to the pharmacy, and he cried/whined/barked when I left. He doesn't do that--he onlty does that when I come home. So nancy had to come out and comfort him.
When I was in the bathroom, he whined to get up on my lap. VERY insecure!!!

Hi Kathy, LInda, Tracy and Lynette,

thanks so very much for ur well wishes, thoughts and prayers. we still need them very badly to get to tmw...and then again that the propofol works. You guys have been wonderfully supportive--and it means so much!!

Gotta go be stalker mom--or act like a helicopter and hover!!!
Posted Image

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Thinking about little Justice and hoping his brain calms down soon.  We'll be thinking of you all tomorrow as well.

Juli and Callie

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I hope everything goes very safely and smoothly tomorrow for Justice the minimunchkin. That boy needs sweet relief from all of the terrible seizure activity. I hope SO much that this is going to do it for him.

Sending lots of hugs your way.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Would he wear a t-shirt with the band around the waist? They have those anxiety wraps but I guess t-shirts work, too. Mariele likes to wear her spay shirt still and I think it has that wrap effect. Just trying to think of something until you get him in tomorrow-thinking of you guys.
IPB Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I have had a bit of a breather tonight--gosh that sounds terrible--but having both boys watched for awhile is so nice.

Tuck has not had anymore CP's since earlier today, but he is a little clingy still.

Justice has just wanted constant holding-no matter where I go in the house. Everyone was surprised becuz Justice appeared to be begging at the table (the boys don't do that), but it really was more of a --I want up on ur lap so u can hold me thing. His daddy David is holding him now and Justice is njoying the constant petting he is getting. Tuck is on the couch with Carol sleeping.
I recently gave them some special cuddles from Auntie Laurie, and they just soaked up the lovin'!!!

Thanks so much Juli, Laurie and Jean, I can't tell u how much ur love for Justice (Tuckie too) means to me.
I really need to get a toddler t-shirt--I used to have one for my Higgins--we called it his 'muscle shirt'--lol. I wonder if it would help the girls (Abbie and Rustie) with storms--they are very frightened. It's a good thought Jean--though tonight Justice is having the human anxiety wrap--he is barely on the ground--he is always on someones lap or in someone's arms.

Thankfully he hasn't had any GM's, but he has had some head bobbing and CP's. At least if he has any GM's during the night, I will know they will be the last for what I hope is a long time!
My only fear is him having enough that we still need the ER tonight.
I wish we had been able to do it today, but with the neuro being gone by the time I would have arrived--and having to go thru the ER...I just felt I needed to wait--financially there is a heck of a difference waiting...and the neuro agreed with me that having it done at Niki's hospital would be better.

At Niki's hospital I can be with him. I can't hold him becuz it will be too stimulating, I always end up with a paw though. I watch the machine with the propofol delivering it in micro drips- so many drops per minute--it sure does go slow!!!
I imagine he will be hooked up by 9AM, and we will be there until 6pm-7pm. If Niki has lots of paperwork, it may even be longer. She won't unhook him from the propofol until she is ready to walk out the door.

Please keep Justice in ur prayers---and Tuckie too. He is worried abt his brother, and when they have been separated when one is sick...the other often breaks through.
They have a heck of a connection to each other!

Thanks so much angels!!

Juli, Laurie and my friend Marty all for sure will be giving an update at some point during the day.

Posted Image

Guest_Sequia_*

Guest_Sequia_*
  • Guests
Oh Cindy, I do hope that this really helps Tucker. Poor boy.... and you must be so exhausted. Take a comfortable chair with you incase they don't have one. Or at least cushioning for you. sitting all day will get painful for you I bet. Don't forget to pack food and water for yourself.
You must keep your strength up too. Perhaps a book That tuck likes and you like too?

I will be thinking of you both.

Love and hugs sent your way,

Cynthia

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I was posting on CJ's thread while u were here!!!
Thanks so much for the suggestions. We were just talking here that I may pack my chair that folds up--it's a chair I take to 4th of July things etc. It's pretty comfortable, but may take up too much room--I'll have to see. I'll at least take it.
I have this great book that for some reason I just haven't been able to get through--so I am taking it.

It's actually Justice that is going to the Hospital--and no, don't feel bad saying Tuck. I have been writing abt Tucker's CP's and my worrying he will breakthrough while Justice is in the hospital.
I am not always clear with the names--sometimes I write "he" when I should write the actual name. So PLEASE don't apologize becuz Tuckie will need lots of prayers tmw too!! The poor little guy isn't getting some attention he should be getting since Justice has been so sick.
Tucker is with me right now with his head drapped over my leg--he is SO cute!!

Thanks Cynthia for all ur care abt my boys---esp with all u are going through.
Hugs to u and the kids

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

Snowbelt

Snowbelt

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 629 posts
Oh, geez, I was hoping to read that Justice was back to his old self again. I'll be sending you all positive, calming thoughts. Can/does playing that CD with calming music help him during these times? I hope you can all get some good, peaceful sleep tonight and have an uneventful and productive day tomorrow.

hugs.gif
Diane

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I have used the music at night--I have the one Kay sent and also the HTA one. It seems to be helping Tuckie, and Justice...for awhile. <sigh>
I'm just very glad Tuck is doing so well--except for a few CP's==no GM's since August 1st!!!
Hugs to u and all the furkids!!

Gonna put the puppers outside and then tuck them in.

Someone will post a couple updates tmw.

Thanks angels!!!
Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Cindy,

Lots of good positive thoughts and healing light being sent to Justice. I am sure that tomorrow's hospitalization is a scary prospect. I'm glad you can be with him while he's there. I hope that all goes well and that this will break the cycle of bad seizure activity.

I'm glad Tuckie hasn't had anymore seizures. I'm sorry he's off the train, though.

I am holding you all in my thoughts and prayers  heart.gif

Much love and many  hugs.gif ,
Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

karotskid

karotskid

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 362 posts
Hey Cindy,

Sorry this won't reach you before you go to the hospital, but we are pulling hard for Justice and Tucker this morning here in New Hampshire.  Hopefully this IV will help get Justice over that hump that has been holding him in this pattern for so long.  If positive energy can do it I would say that Justice will be all set with everyone here pushing for him.  Tucker might feel a little left out but he knows his brother is in need of some special attention right now and he knows he will get that attention too if he ever needs it (let's hope not).

Best of luck to you today and do remember to stand/stretch frequently so you do not hurt your back or anything else as I am sure you will be tense.  Big hugs and beard tugs for the boys and you.  Well, maybe not the beard tugs for you!

Ruby Mae & Melanie

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Justice - I hope you are doing better this morning.  Sending lots of positive thoughts and - ohmmmm - quiet neurons.

Tuckie - Sending you lots of hugs too, I know you are worried about your brother.

Guest_Sequia_*

Guest_Sequia_*
  • Guests
Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank you for all the IMOM members and pin's moms/dads for their love and support.

You are the creator of all things and so I lift Justice to You right now. You know exactly what is going on with him. You are the ultimate healer too. I pray that you give the vets and all the staff working with Justice Your knowledge and wisdom to know how to treat Justice to heal him. I pray that you give Cindy your peace and wrap Your arms around her with Your love. Help her to get through today and keep all pain away from her Lord. Give her strength and comfort knowing htat You are taking care of them both.

Please be with Tucker as he is home alone, without his brother today. Protect him too from all siezure activity and give him Your peace knowing that Justice is being taken good care of.

I also ask that you give Cindy's husband Your peace and comfort to know that Cindy will be ok today too.

I ask these things in Jesus' name, Amen

Marty

Marty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi everyone.
I just heard from Cindy.
Poor Justice had a GM last night, and another one when they got to the hospital.  And he was having some very strange neurological problems.
He was hooked up at about 8:45, and is now in his bagel bed sleeping.
Cindy will be with him all day watching him, but isn't sure just how late Niki will be there tonight.
Hopefully this will give his little brain a good rest and stop this cycle.
Thanks angels.

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
Thanks for the update, Marty. Darn--I was hoping that Justice wouldn't have any last night. Good thoughts coming for relief for both Justice and Cindy.
Celia

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 487 posts
Oh Cindy,

I'm sorry Justice is having such a hard time.  Keeping him (and you and Tuck too) in my thoughts today.  

I've got some great doggy t-shirts here at work - just let me know the size (lbs) and I'll send you some.

hugs.gif
Diana S

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
Thank you Marty for the update.
Cindy, please know that everyone here at the zoo has all paws crossed for Justice - and we are sending along lots of extra hugs for you and Tuckie too.
We're praying for good news.
<<<HUGS>>>
Vicky

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I just checked in with Cindy and she said that Justice finally seems to be resting comfortably. It took him a very long time to relax but he is sacked out now in his bagel bed.

Cindy said that Niki will probably be there until 6:30 or 7:00 tonight, and they are of course going to stay there as long as they can. So it may be late tonight before Cindy is able to get on the forum to post.

You will no doubt be getting updates from other folks during the day. I'm going to check in with Cindy later this evening and I'll post with an update if you haven't already had one recently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users