Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Stinky Dennie

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
There are lost dog websites that list all the things to do and let you post your lost pet for people to check out, allow you to make flyers, etc.

Do they have the same for cats?

I worry about this all the time with my cats.
IPB Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
QUOTE(JeanKBBMMMAA @ Aug 27 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post

There are lost dog websites that list all the things to do and let you post your lost pet for people to check out, allow you to make flyers, etc.

Do they have the same for cats?

I worry about this all the time with my cats.

www.pets911.com, you can list your dog or cat's information for free, just click on lost or found a pet, then Report your missing pet - add Stinky's information and picture (if you have one). Also you can look to see if anyone found a cat that fits Stinky's description by clicking on "Search to see if your pet has been found"

What To Do When Searching For Your Lost Pet
Losing a pet is very stressful, but don't panic. You need to stay calm to help your pet find his way home. Here is a check list of what you can do when you realize your pet is missing.

Post your pet on PETS 911. If everyone posted to a centralized source, like PETS911, the number of pets who find their way home would skyrocket! More and more people are using the Internet for daily tasks and lost and found pets are no exception. It is not uncommon for us to hear that a family looked for a week, then as a "last resort" posted on PETS911 and got their pet back within a couple hours. PETS911 works!
Create flyers with a picture (if available) and brief description of your pet. Post them at stores, vet offices, groomers, and anywhere else that will let you put one up. Make sure to include a phone number that is always available.
Talk to your mail carrier, newspaper delivery person or anyone who is regularly in your neighborhood.
Go door-to-door to your neighbors with a flyer and ask if they have seen your pet. Some neighbors may be willing to help look.
Put an ad in your local newspaper(s).
Look for your pet in unusual places around your home, including outside storm drains and ditches.
In many cases, pets don't go very far. It is not uncommon for a house cat, for example, to get scared and hide in the neighbor's bushes, too afraid to come out. So be sure to thoroughly search your immediate area before concentrating on areas farther away.
If you have to go to work, or to sleep, you can leave out your pet's favorite food in a dish, luring him with the scent. If you prefer not to leave out food, since it may attract other animals, try leaving a T-shirt or blanket with your scent or your pet's scent. Animals have a much more sensitive sense of smell than humans and it is possible for them to smell it from a distance.
Put a message on your answering machine/voice mail that says, "If you are calling about our lost pet, we are out looking for him/at work/sleeping (or whatever the case may be). Please call us on our cell phone at 555-555-5555."
If you believe your pet was stolen, contact the police or sheriff to file a police report.
Contact the veterinarians in your area. Let them know your dog is missing, and if he or she is turned in to their office and needs care, you will pay whatever amount (or up to a certain amount) to take whatever measures are needed to save his or her life. Give them your phone numbers in case they need to call you to confirm identity or if they need a credit card to start treatment.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, continue to visit your local shelters every day. Don't rely on the kennel attendant's description of an animal; what is brown to one person can be red to another, or tan to yet another. Check the shelters for yourself!

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Lou,

I am still praying that Stinky will find you.  Please don't give up on him.  He is in my prayers every day.

Lourdes Dennie

Lourdes Dennie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE(Lynette @ Aug 28 2007, 09:35 AM) View Post

Lou,

I am still praying that Stinky will find you.  Please don't give up on him.  He is in my prayers every day.

felineicon.gif Thank you Lynette.. It is one week today that he has been gone..I cant stop crying. I miss him so very much..I put up new fliers today all around the area..After work i am going to check the shelter again..All I can do is pray now.. Lou

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Lourdes, please stay in touch...know that we are concerned for both you and Stinky...

Don't give up...

Have you talked to the kids in the area?  The alway see things when they are outside playing?

Do you have a photo you can show them??

I will be praying, along with alot of others.  Judy

Another thought...could he be stuck in a building or a garage??  Some people could be on vacation...

Edited by Judy, 28 August 2007 - 10:57 AM.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Lou I am sure you already know about these organizations in your area, but I thought I would send you the link anyway. Maybe you can contact them and ask for their advice and/or  see if they would post Stinky's missing signs up at their facilities.  I would also post the signs up at all the grocery stores, vets, bus stops etc.

Good luck to you, I will keep my fingers crossed that you and Stinky will find each other.

http://www.pets911.com/organizations/organ...ions.php?jump=0

http://www.pets911.com/services/veterinarians/index.php

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 28 August 2007 - 10:42 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

catlover

catlover

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 102 posts
This breaks my heart...I truly hope Lou has found Stinky...
You're in my thoughts and prayers

Victoria
CIC

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
QUOTE(catlover @ Sep 7 2007, 07:52 PM) View Post

This breaks my heart...I truly hope Lou has found Stinky...
You're in my thoughts and prayers

Victoria
CIC

Victoria this is such a sad story, I think about Stinky all the time and check here everyday hoping to see a post from Lou stating she found Stinky.

I can only hope Lou took all of our advice and has not even up, miracles happen even outside of IMOM. I pray with all my heart that a miracle has or will happen for Stinky. broken_heart.gif

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 07 September 2007 - 10:00 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users