Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Bandit McLean

• Please log in to reply
1343 replies to this topic

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,566 posts
Diagnosis: Diabetes
Amount needed per month: $90. $276 (increasing target as of 10/5/11) Bandit is now fully sponsored.

Spayed or neutered: Yes
Case worker: Tracy

Bandit is a sweet 12-year-old diabetic kitty who his mom describes as "my world!!! He is like my child." His mom needs help with the cost of Bandit's insulin and syringes.

Please read his story and see his adorable picture here: http://www.imom.org/...ndit-mclean.htm

Donations can be made at http://www.imom.org/donation/ No amount is too small. One-time donations are always welcome as well as signing up to sponsor Bandit for any portion of his monthly needs. Please indicate DPF - Bandit McLean on any donations.

Also please consider a token donation to our Operating Fund so we can continue to fund our website and administrative expenses.

Thank you to all the angels considering a donation to Bandit!

Sincerely,
Tracy Posted Image Posted Image

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
What a handsome kitty!!! Who could resist that face!!!
Celia

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE(Rottendogs @ Jun 16 2007, 10:28 AM) View Post

And that belly!

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
What a pretty boy!!!

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(Rottendogs @ Jun 16 2007, 12:28 PM) View Post

Celia

Thank you so much Celia !!!  I certainly couldn't ~ even when he was just a baby !!!  wub.gif

minichat6.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(LaurieAdrienne @ Jun 16 2007, 02:15 PM) View Post

And that belly!

He he !!!  He's a little scrunched in that picture, but that's how he likes to sit in "his" chair ~ and up against one in the other room !!!  He turned into a "very" FLUFFY and big boy !!!  I just love him SO !!!

~~~~~~~
pp_animal_616.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(Lynette @ Jun 16 2007, 02:55 PM) View Post

What a pretty boy!!!

Thank you so much Lynette !!!  I had no idea he would grow up to be such a BIG Beautiful Boy that he has . . . he is about 18 pounds !!!   felineicon.gif   As an old friend said a few years back [who was not a cat lover] "Wow !!!  Now 'that' is cat I love !!!  He's as big as a dog !!!  And gorgeous !!!" laugh.gif

He's my baby !!!  And I love him so very very much !!!  heart.gif  kittydrinking.gif

~~~~~~~
hugs.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Also ~ I wanted to let everyone know . . . I started a thread last night [or this morning - depending on your time frame laugh.gif] ~ and I put a little more info about Bandit and me !!! http://www.imom.invisionzone.com/community...?showtopic=2938

Again,  I want to give BIG HUGS to the Committee and all the generous, wonderful people here at IMOM for giving us a chance at funding for Bandit and his quality of life !!!  He SO deserves it !!!

I think he "knows" I'm typing about him - he's jealous of the computer or any time taken away from him  felineicon.gif  and I'm getting a special purr with a little growl at the end !!!   catwatching.gif

I think this is his way of sending 'his' love through the computer !!! wub.gif  I know with proper treatment and care, Bandit can have many more good years ahead of him !!!

Ouch - that "nipping' at the back of bare legs is getting a little intense -- time to change his box !!!  He "always" has a way of letting me know - - a "true" companion !!!  Bandit kisses to you all for now !!!

~~~~~~

pp_animal_616.gif

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 16 June 2007 - 10:00 PM.

SherryTheMermaid

SherryTheMermaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi Bandit,

I have lots of syringes that I can donate, they're BD Ultrafine, 1/2 cc insulin syringes.

If you can use these, send me a PM, or just post on this thread!

Hugs and skritches to Bandit!   cool026.gif

Sherry

felineluvr

felineluvr

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 120 posts
Awww...Bandit is such a BBB  (Big Beautiful Boy!), and I have a BBB of my own named Wile E., who is 20 pounds and 12 years old as well.  I will post a pic of him.  I had a diabetic kitty who I lost last year at age 15.  He lived with the diabetes for quite a long time and he handled all the medical treatment very well...he was a great kitty and I miss him sooo much (he is Charlie, my avatar kitty).  

I can't donate for Bandit 'cause I have a PIN on IMOM at this time, but I certainly send many good wishes and prayers your way.  I can see that Bandit is a spunky boy and I believe with your loving care, he will be with you for many years to come.  

I don't know what type of food your vet is recommending, but my Charlie did best on with his blood sugars on low carb canned food...just a suggestion for you to maybe discuss with your vet.  

Mary K. and the gang.

Attached Files

Edited by felineluvr, 17 June 2007 - 12:02 AM.

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
GOOD MORNING! I'm SOOO glad to see Bandit's official thread up and going now! smile.gif IMOM is such a magical place.... I'm so glad the two of you were able to find it.

I can't wait to hear all kinds of stories about your baby! Be sure to come by and say hello to my diabetic meezer, Butch! We LOVE making new friends! smile.gif

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
How is Bandit doing this evening? smile.gif

ImHis

ImHis
  • Members
  • 3 posts
What a sweet fluff ball.
Gotta love how he shows himself so relaxed and regal.  smokin.gif

Edited by ImHis, 17 June 2007 - 10:33 PM.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(SherryTheMermaid @ Jun 16 2007, 09:40 PM) View Post

Hi Bandit,

I have lots of syringes that I can donate, they're BD Ultrafine, 1/2 cc insulin syringes.

If you can use these, send me a PM, or just post on this thread!

Hugs and skritches to Bandit!   cool026.gif

Sherry

Wow !!!  Hello there Sherry !!!    thanks3.gif   What an awesome offer !!!  I will PM you !!!  

hugs.gif  From me and "The Bandit"

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(felineluvr @ Jun 17 2007, 12:01 AM) View Post

Awww...Bandit is such a BBB  (Big Beautiful Boy!), and I have a BBB of my own named Wile E., who is 20 pounds and 12 years old as well.  I will post a pic of him.  I had a diabetic kitty who I lost last year at age 15.  He lived with the diabetes for quite a long time and he handled all the medical treatment very well...he was a great kitty and I miss him sooo much (he is Charlie, my avatar kitty).  

I can't donate for Bandit 'cause I have a PIN on IMOM at this time, but I certainly send many good wishes and prayers your way.  I can see that Bandit is a spunky boy and I believe with your loving care, he will be with you for many years to come.  

I don't know what type of food your vet is recommending, but my Charlie did best on with his blood sugars on low carb canned food...just a suggestion for you to maybe discuss with your vet.  

Mary K. and the gang.

Hello Mary K. and gang !!!

Thank you so very much for your  WELCOMEPHOTO.gif  and for you good wishes and prayers !!!

I'm so very sorry to hear about your baby Charlie !!!  broken_heart.gif   I know you must miss him terribly !!!

Yes, one of the vets there did finally recommend I switch Bandit's diet over to the low carb canned food...and he likes it A LOT !!!  He wants to eat ALL THE TIME !!!  It's $30 more a month on my fixed income that I wasn't planning; but I'll sacrafice what I can for his better health !!!  wub.gif

I love the picture of your BBB, Wile E. !!!  He certainly doesn't look 20 pounds, but he "does" look very very comfortable !!!  

I wish I had more pictures of Bandit to post. . . However, my computer is 7 years old, and the one picture I sent to a friend who scanned it and then sent it to me in an e-mail.  I don't know anything about digital cameras; but I just got a small one I'm going to try & figure out & hope I can get a few more pics and try to post them !!!  Actually ~ my screen name should have been:  TheMistressofComputerCluelessness ~ but it was too long !!! laugh.gif tongue.gif

And yes, Bandit most certainly can be -quite- the spunky boy !!!  Some of his games get a little too rough - - - I have the scratches, bites, and scars to show for it ~ when he like to wrestle; then he gets into "Attack Cat" mode !!!  He can be hard to fend off if he's got his mind made up !!!  laugh.gif

Of course, if he's really excited, I can often spook him into a game of "Hide And Seek"  catwatching.gif  ~ It's up to him, if he's in the mood !!!  Although, I must say, he is very sensitive to my moods, and when I am feeling worse than I usually do ~ He tends to stay kind of close then.   ten.gif

Anyway ~ Lots of Hugs & Lubs to you & your gang Mary ~
from me & "The Bandit"  smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hugs.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(kmperk9 @ Jun 17 2007, 08:25 AM) View Post

GOOD MORNING! I'm SOOO glad to see Bandit's official thread up and going now! smile.gif IMOM is such a magical place.... I'm so glad the two of you were able to find it.

I can't wait to hear all kinds of stories about your baby! Be sure to come by and say hello to my diabetic meezer, Butch! We LOVE making new friends! smile.gif

Hi Kirsten !!!

Thanks for jumping in and for your enthusiasm !!!   banana.gif    Bandit's been keeping me busy - even though I haven't been feeling all that well !!!  He likes to poke at me with his paw and let me know he's there, and paying attention !!!

Although, I must say, he's about due for a manicure !!!  As I was laying down, it wasn't always "soft paw", and those claws on my face and certain other "tender parts" did not feel very nice !!!  blink.gif  ohmy.gif

How's Butch doing ??

Give all your furbabies Hugs, kisses, & rubs from me & "The Bandit"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pp_animal_616.gif

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
He can be hard to fend off if he's got his mind made up !!!

Boy... do I know this Meezer behavior!  Even if I can distract Cesar (my meezer) for a moment he doesn't forget and let's me have it when I least expect it. I love to watch him play with Gigi, tho.  He really is gentle with her and takes alot of abuse before he just pins her to the ground.  LOL

I hope Butch gets the funding he needs soon so he can feel better all the time.  Angels...?

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(kmperk9 @ Jun 17 2007, 08:14 PM) View Post

How is Bandit doing this evening? smile.gif

Hi Kirsten !!!

Last night ~ I "tried" to do a little work on the computer ~ "The Bandit" had something different in mind !!!  laugh.gif

The chair he is sitting in, in his picture on his page. . .Well, that chair, is of course, "his" chair, and was moved to be nest to the computer so he could have his "throne" in exact proximity of his "subject" [moi] !!!

Last night, he proceed to climb from 'his' chair onto the arm of 'my' chair; thereby nipping me on the arm and meowing in a strange 'voice' !!!   eight.gif   I tried to pet him and calm him down, but he started playing "Bite and Grab".  It was obvious I wasn't going to be able to get anything done on the computer !!!   catwatching.gif

So. . .we 'danced' down to the bed, to watch a little TV, and he seemed much happier !!!  I straightened out a place for him, and he finally settled right down in front of me so he could see the screen !!!  laugh.gif

And I dozed off, as did he ~ hogging up the bed enjoying the cool night air, as he snored ever so content !!!  tongue.gif

How are you feeling hon ??  And how's the Butch-monster doing ??  Well, I hope !!! smile.gif  Keeping y'all in thoughts and prayers !!!  As I do everyone here in this wonderful IMOM organization !!!  hugs.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pp_animal_616.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(Lynette @ Jun 19 2007, 02:25 PM) View Post

Boy... do I know this Meezer behavior!  Even if I can distract Cesar (my meezer) for a moment he doesn't forget and let's me have it when I least expect it. I love to watch him play with Gigi, tho.  He really is gentle with her and takes alot of abuse before he just pins her to the ground.  LOL

I hope Bandit gets the funding he needs soon so he can feel better all the time.  Angels...?

Hello Lynette !!!  Thank you so much !!!  Yep, Bandit is BIG & Strong too !!!  He can be one tough cat with me, that's for sure !!!  He hasn't had another cat around him since my BBB Skeeter [a gorgeous gray Somali] passed on, when Bandit was a little over seven months old.   broken_heart.gif   Bandit grieved so - he stopped eatting, and we nearly had to put him on Prozac !!!  We -all- took that so hard !!!  broken_heart.gif
I just wasn't ready to bring another one in to Bandit's space !!!  And pretty soon, I couldn't afford to.

It's nice Cesar has Gigi to play with !!!  wub.gif

*BIG HUGS* to you and your babies ~
from me & "The Bandit"

Yes, Thank You in Advance to any ANGELS who can help Bandit !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hugs.gif

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
Sounds like Bandit is a fiesty fella!!! smile.gif I remember when Butch was fiesty and playful all the time. He's 15 now and he's calmed down A LOT in his grandpa days. He can still show us what he's made of when he wants to though! My poor cat Boots never gets a break from him! lol Butch likes to show everyone he's still top cat by taking Boots down once a day at least.

Just curious, has your dr. ever reccomended Royal Canin Diabetic DS ? or Purina D/M (diabetes managment)? These are both REALLY good diets for diabetes control, and Butch has been on both of them. The Purina D/M has really helped him the most so far, and he seems to like the taste of it much better too. In some cases of diabetic kitties, the Purina D/M has been known to control the diabetes so well that the cats eventually didn't need insulin at all! Of course, I'm afraid my Butch went undiagnosed far too long to ever be one of those lucky cats, but I can certainly tell you that the purina has worked wonders for him! It's a perscription food, so you should ask your vet about it! It comes in dry and canned! smile.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,566 posts
Juli just gave me some great news - Bandit is fully sponsored for $35 a month!!!  banana.gif  cool026.gif A big Thank you!! to Bandit's generous angel(s)!

thanks3.gif

Tracy  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(Tracy IMOM @ Jun 20 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post

Juli just gave me some great news - Bandit is fully sponsored for $35 a month!!!  banana.gif  cool026.gif A big Thank you!! to Bandit's generous angel(s)!

thanks3.gif

Wow ~ Tracy, This is SO great !!!  Thank you so very much for the e-mail giving me the heads-up on this !!!  banana.gif
WoooHooo !!!  cool026.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH to Bandit's MOST GENEROUS ANGEL(S) !!!   banana.gif   thanks3.gif  banana.gif

And ~ God Bless !!!

wub.gif  pp_animal_616.gif   wub.gif

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
I'm VERY happy to see Bandit fully sponosered this morning! What a great way to start the day! smile.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(kmperk9 @ Jun 21 2007, 05:50 AM) View Post

I'm VERY happy to see Bandit fully sponosered this morning! What a great way to start the day! smile.gif

Thank you so much Kirsten !!!  How are you and Butch and all your other babies doing ??

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
I'm so sorry everyone, that I have not been around.  I have had a very bad, and painful virus thingie going on, and it's really been kicking my "you-know-what" !!!

Bandit has been so wonderful !!!  He has been sticking close by ten.gif ; and following me back and forth  minichat6.gif [I guess "just in case" wink.gif] . . . I've still been trying to play little games with him on the bed; although he can tell when I am not really up to it !!!

A couple times I had a little more energy; and then he played:  "Plot and Attack" !!!

Got me REAL good !!!  The little 'sneak' ~ LOL !!! I've got the bites and scratches to show for it !!!

Our weather has been warm; and he is shedding like crazy - - - poor baby; we're both going to be feeling it as the temps get up toward the 3 digits here for the next week and they said possibly muggy too ~ eew . . . Neither one of us care for that type of weather at all !!!

Well, I just wanted to pop in and say HELLO to all the ANGELS and everyone here !!!   catwatching.gif

And to apologize for being gone so long !!!  Hope everyone else is doing better !!!

Hugs and love from Bandit and me too !!!  wub.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pp_animal_616.gif

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 29 June 2007 - 09:27 PM.

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately. I hope you're doing a little better now?

Butch is doing alright right now. He just had a pretty major surgery on Monday and he's not wanting to eat on his own, but I'm pretty sure he'll be better soon.

How is the Bandit doing? Other than shedding all over the place! lol Sure know what that is like! smile.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,566 posts
Oh, I'm sorry you have not been feeling well. How sweet of Bandit to stay close by.

LOL, Plot and Attack sounds like some of the kitty games I've played smile.gif Ick, triple digit weather. I don't blame either you or Bandit for not liking that weather. I hate it too!

I hope you're feeling better. Give Bandit a hug from me.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(kmperk9 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:36 PM) View Post

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately. I hope you're doing a little better now?

Butch is doing alright right now. He just had a pretty major surgery on Monday and he's not wanting to eat on his own, but I'm pretty sure he'll be better soon.

How is the Bandit doing? Other than shedding all over the place! lol Sure know what that is like! smile.gif

I'm doing a tiny bit better, but have had some sad news yesterday; and then TODAY when I went out to get some medicine - had a rear tire that had split and gone flat !!! I was so crying in the parking lot ~ but so grateful that it didn't come to pieces when I was on the freeway - - having poor reflexes right now, I know I would have flipped for sure !!!

I'm sorry about Butch, Kirsten ~ but I'm glad he was finally able to have his much needed surgery !!!  Are you trying him on baby food ??  I know his poor mouth must be terribly tender. . . Do they have him on any pain medications ??

Bandit sends a kitty kiss and soft paw !!!  wub.gif

hugs.gif  from me to you, Butch, and all your fur babies !!!

magicmoon.gif

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
QUOTE(Tracy IMOM @ Jun 28 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Oh, I'm sorry you have not been feeling well. How sweet of Bandit to stay close by.

LOL, Plot and Attack sounds like some of the kitty games I've played smile.gif Ick, triple digit weather. I don't blame either you or Bandit for not liking that weather. I hate it too!

I hope you're feeling better. Give Bandit a hug from me.

Hi Tracy !!!  heart.gif

Yes, "Plot and Attack"; "Lay in Wait"; "Tickle Under The Covers"; and "Peek-A-Boo" are some of the main kitty games I play with Bandit when I have my bad days; or like now, when I am so sick, I can barely get out of bed, short of taking care of him and his needs . . . which he makes known to me, if I haven't met them, be getting right in my face and "talking" and "talking" !!!  minichat6.gif   It may not always render the response he is looking for, but he does get my attention !!!  laugh.gif  tongue.gif

I love him SO much !!!  wub.gif

Thank you Tracy for your well wishes !!!  Picked up some more medicine today, as I mentioned to Kristen ~ which set me back; and was an adventure I could have done without  blink.gif  sad.gif  ~ and that's going to mean a couple new tires as of Monday !!!  sad.gif

Well ~ my tummy isn't happy right now, and this darn dizziness and extra pain is getting to me; not too mention, my extra special audience and love of my life is seeking my attention !!! smile.gif laugh.gif  catwatching.gif

So looks like it will be a quiet weekend for us !!!  I hope and pray all of you have a very lovely weekend !!!  I will try and check back later or tomorrow !!!

hugs.gif to you Tracy from Bandit and me !!!  God bless !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pp_animal_616.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,566 posts
I'm sorry you're still feeling poorly. At least you've got lots of kitty games you and Bandit can play, without getting up smile.gif I'm sorry also that getting medicine was an adventure, and not the good kind of adventure. Give Bandit some hugs and scritches from me.

hugs.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users