Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Wildpaws Magical Merlin (and the adventures of the Zoo)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 864 posts
Today my Merlimouse turns 9 years old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Many of you already know Merlin, and the rest of the zookids. For those that don't..... Merlin is a malamute (I'll bribe someone to post a pic for me). He is the love of my life, and a medical mess. He has cluster seizures, DM, has had surgery for blockage twice, and a host of other *lesser* problems.  And I cherish every single day with my little man smile.gif)

Lots of other mals here at the zoo....Finn, Moose, Willow (aka FrogDog), Mudge (aka Moooo), Angel, and my mix Miss.  Some kitties too.....ol' Stormcat (he's 22) and Picasso and Lloyd.....and also a snapping turtle and a hamster.

Anyway - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLIN! You are, and always will be, my bestest boy ever.
Vicky

Edited by vickyimom, 25 January 2008 - 12:04 PM.

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
Happy birthday Merlin!! My Lady Bug girl says don't feel old, 9 years isn't so bad! You get lots of extra attention and special treatment (and extra treats wink.gif ) it's the good life!
Happy Birthday!

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
Happy Birthday Merlie--and many more. Hope you get lotsa Whelpday treats and kisses from your mom.
Auntie Celia

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Happy Birthday Little Big Guy!  

Vic - send me a pix and I will be more than happy to post it for you.

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
Thanks Linda!
Pic coming! It's one of my all time favs, it's my little man dancing with me smile.gif
Can't wait for the party tonight!
Vicky

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Happy Birthay Merlin!  May it be the best day ever.  What time should we show up at the Zoo for your party?  We'll come in our sled.   dogsled.gif

Juli, Callie, Ava, Tori Kay and Cooperman (will there be flies as party gifts?)

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Merlin!   You really are the apple of your mama's eye..... even though you've given her quite a few heart attacks along the way.   laugh.gif  But here you are, on your 9th birthday!!  cool026.gif  Have a happy, happy day and a very good year.

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Meet Merlin the MalaMonster!  He's georgeous isn't he?

[attachmentid=3615]

Attached Files

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
OMG Merlin is GORGEOUS, I just love BIG DOGS.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLIN, WISHING YOU MANY MANY MORE.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
He is ever so handsome--and it looks like he's an excellent dancer too.
Big smooches,
Celia

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
Happy Birthday Merlin!!

birthday4.gif

I hope you're dancing for many many more years to come.  heart.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
Merlin thanks everyone for all the good wishes! Pictures of the party coming soon smile.gif
And Kim told me I should point out my own size.....lest anyone think I'm a midget standing next to him, LOL
I'm 5'8" and a sturdily built farm girl smile.gif
Merlin LOVES to dance with his Mama. Sad to say, that with the DM, his dancing days are over :(  But in his heyday, when we would do our school demos on sledding, we always including a short song and dance, and the kids always loved it  (he can sing as well as dance, of course)    
Vicky

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Here's the birthday Boy -  [attachmentid=3624]

Attached Files

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
QUOTE(vickyimom @ Jun 15 2007, 10:18 AM) View Post
Merlin LOVES to dance with his Mama. Sad to say, that with the DM, his dancing days are over :(  But in his heyday, when we would do our school demos on sledding, we always including a short song and dance, and the kids always loved it  (he can sing as well as dance, of course)
Well, Vic, Merli's cabaret days may be over, but he is still one HANDSOME boy.  

And BIG.

Really, really BIG.   roll.gif

Love the birthday cupcakes!  

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
Thanks Linda for the pic so everyone could see that party smile.gif
Merlimouse LOVED his pupcakes smile.gif And there were plenty to go around!
It's why he agrees to wear the silly hat - CAKE!
LOL
Vicky

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
What a happy Zoo picture!

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
I really need to learn how to post my own pics! (Of course, seeing as it took me two months to find my own birthday thread, don't anyone hold their breath.....)
Poor Merlin had another set of seizures Monday night, his third since Memorial day weekend.  (For those that don't know, Merlin is epileptic and has had cluster seizures for years, we do our best to control them with meds).
And, Moose ate yet another chain link gate yesterday in malcatraz. I'm going to have to get a second husband - one that works for a fencing company! I think Mark would approve, LOL, he's tired of helping me fix the gates smile.gif
Always busy here at the zoo!
Vicky

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
Vic,

I'm sorry about Merlin having seizures. Poor baby. And Moose - good heavens! Will that boy eat anything and everything?! Yep, definitely need a second husband in the fence biz, or at least a chain link subsidy  tongue.gif

hugs.gif

Tracy  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
Well, as soon as IMOM has the fence fund, I'm applying, LOL! Altho we need the chicken fund first for Cody smile.gif
I have to find a way to teach Moose to "just say no" to chain link. I never really thought about fencing as an addictive habit before Moose. Before you know it, he'll be up to a three gate a day habit!  
Vicky

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Did I not post on this thread to wish Merlin a Happy (now well belated) Birthday?!?!? FOR SHAME! Happy Birthday big fella!

I am sorry about the seizures-that is a scary thing.

And...uh...the gate. Wow-not sure what else you could do to fortify Malcatraz. Guard tower?
IPB Image

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
LOL, Jean, we already have a guard tower at Malcatraz! Moose doesn't seem to care, I think he knows he can outrun the guard smile.gif
I'll have to get some pics up of the rest of the zookids.
And now, a short story about Mooo (confusing, we have a Moose and a Moooo). Hub changed the ring on his cellphone. It's a nice ring, sorta sounds like a musical waterfall. But it's DIFFERENT, and Moooo is terrified of everything. Phone was on the counter, it rang, and Moooo SCREAMED and ran into the other room, away from the evil noise making thing.
Poor guy. He had such a crappy life before coming to rescue. He was tied out on a short chain, no shelter, imbedded collar, HW positive (of course).
But he's here now, and very loved.
Vicky

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Aw, Moooo.   hugs.gif

Tell him it's OK, Vic.  All Mark has to do is leave his cell phone near the fence and brother Moose will eat it for an appetizer.  End of scary ring tone.   wink.gif

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
Just what I need, a ringing Moose smile.gif

Poor Mooo has no idea that he is a big boy, in his tiny brain, he is little and afraid. But we are making progress. He didn't run from Picasso (kitty) the other day when he passed by. Of course, Picasso is a GOOD BOY. Pink Lloyd (kitty) on the other hand, likes to saunter by Moo and then go AHA! and make him jump. Stinker!
Vicky

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
Poor Mooo has no idea that he is a big boy, in his tiny brain, he is little and afraid.

Mooooo needs to come visit his cousin Vato, who views himself as small and dainty. They could play very carefully together, having due regard for each other's tiny body.

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
ROFL! I think that would be quite a sight smile.gif I'm sure Vato is bigger than Moo (for real, not in his brain). Moo is only about 90 pounds - but looks a little bigger because he is *fluffy*
We'll have to plan a playdate!
Vicky

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
QUOTE(vickyimom @ Jun 20 2007, 02:37 PM) View Post

Well, as soon as IMOM has the fence fund, I'm applying, LOL! Altho we need the chicken fund first for Cody smile.gif

LOL Vic!! Cody seconds your idea for the chicken fund. Now we know what to get Moose for Christmas - a 12-step book on how to kick the fence habit  roll.gif

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 864 posts
We have another birthday at the Zoo! Miss Willow, aka FrogDog, turns three today! She is my unplaceable-due-to-temperament foster.......but we love her just the same.
She was the girl found starved and almost dead in a field in rural Illinois :((
Her story is here:
http://www.iamra.org/current_events.htm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROGGER!
Vicky

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,381 posts
I can't believe I missed this thread.

Happy (belated) Birthday Merlin.  What a big, beautiful Boy you are!

And you, Miss Willow - Happy Birthday to you too!  I am so happy that you were able to leave your horrible life behind to live at Malcatraz with Vicky and the other Mals!

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,564 posts
Happy Birthday Willow!! You are lucky to have found such wonderful foster parents. Wishing you many more happy birthday's yet to come.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,887 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS WILLOW!!! I hope u had a great day--u could not have found a better forever home!!!

Vic, how is Merlin doing with the seizures? Are they going to change any meds? Which meds is he on?
OMG having that size pupper having GM's!! Holy cow, I know what it's like with 15 and 16lb pups, but oh wow, --I am just so glad u are his mommy and didn't give up on him just becuz he is a big dog with epilepsy!!!
U must have to use LOTS of butt meds!!!

Please go around and give hugs, kisses and snuggles (if they will allow) to every single zoo kid!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users