Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rover Beck

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Renee-H

Renee-H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Diagnosis: Diabetes
Total amount needed per month to sponsor: $125
Currently sponsored for: No sponsors yet. IMOM has pledged $250 from the DPF general fund to help until sponsors are found.
Amount still needed: $125
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Case worker: Renee

If you would like to sign up as a sponsor for Rover: http://www.imom.org/donation/monthly.htm

I'd like to introduce you to Rover, our latest cat in need.  Rover was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this month.  Rover's caretaker, Melissa, is disabled and her only income is SSDI.  Rover's needs are beyond Melissa's ability to provide.  Melissa is looking for sponsors to help with Rover's ongoing diabetes treatment, including insulin and syringes and follow-up vet care.

For more information on Rover, please go to:   http://www.imom.org/pin/dpf/rover-beck.htm

(Donations for this Pet in Need should be designated: "DPF – Rover Beck" to ensure your money goes to the proper account.)

Please help Melissa and Rover if you can!

Renee H.
IMOM Diabetic Pet Fund

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
IPB Image

What a cutie! Welcome, Rover and Melissa, to IMOM. You're in good hands here! (Or should I say "good paws" -- look at Rover's cute little toes!)

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Yes he is cute Laurie and he has a girlfriend named Spot who is awfully cute as well.

I am really happy to hear that Rover has been accepted for fundraising.

Hang in there Rover...

Rovers Mom

Rovers Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi I am Rover's Mom Melissa and I am really happy that you guys approved my application so that Rover can get his insulin and vet care.

He had to visit the vet.  I took him on the day I was approved for a glucose curve and they reduced his insulin from 5 units to 3 units.  Apparently he is doing a lot better.  He has even lost 2 pounds.  Yeah!

But he was scaring me because he was getting so tired and hiding.

The vet wants to see him again in another 2-3 weeks.

He is way more playful than he was before his diabetes was diagnosed.  I am getting my kitty back.  Hee Hee.  I just love it.  But he still has his good days and bad.

Be sure and check out the kitty slideshow.  

Thanks Everyone!!!!!

Rovers Mom

Rovers Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Not much to report except that I am so confused with how this process works.  Although I am pinned, Noone seems to be contacting me about how to get anything for my cat so I am so frustrated.  I already took Rover to the vet though as I couldn't wait.  Submitting it to get help is another matter.  I haven't paid the bill.  It is just an invoice at the vet's office as he knows I got approved for IMOM.
I am supposed to take him again in another 2 weeks or so.

They changed his insulin.  He isn't as hungry as he usually is.  He is more picky.  He is eating though just not as much as usual.  He loves his food usually.

I don't know what to make of his change in eating habits.  At this rate though he will be at his ideal rate faster.  He has already lost about 2 pounds since his diagnosis.  He was over 17 pounds.  Now he is 15.5 pounds, probably less by now.   The vet is hopeful that he might not need insulin at all, but might revert if I get his weight down.

I HOPE SO!!!!

I didn't think he was fat though.  He just had a little belly.

Here is another picture of my cat.  Actually it is included in the Kitty Slideshow if you managed to take a look at it.  It was him on the way back from the vet.  He was ready to go home.

Rovers Mom

Rovers Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Not much to report except that I am so confused with how this process works.  Although I am pinned, Noone seems to be contacting me about how to get anything for my cat so I am so frustrated.  I already took Rover to the vet though as I couldn't wait.  Submitting it to get help is another matter.  I haven't paid the bill.  It is just an invoice at the vet's office as he knows I got approved for IMOM.
I am supposed to take him again in another 2 weeks or so.

They changed his insulin.  He isn't as hungry as he usually is.  He is more picky.  He is eating though just not as much as usual.  He loves his food usually.

I don't know what to make of his change in eating

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Hi Melissa,

That would be great if Roover's loosing weight would decrease his need for insulin.  He is such a cute boy and your avatar is very cute too.  Who are those two sweeties.

It doesn't sound as if you and Renee are communicating.  If you have any questions...just shoot her an email.  I was vary confused in the beginning.  You can also ask questions on the forum but if is in regard to funding...write your case worker.

Please give your furry ones some scritches and cuddles from us.

Rovers Mom

Rovers Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Did anyone click on my Kitty slideshow?  It is a hyperlink that links to a slideshow of my kitties (mostly Rover).  It is accessible by my signature or in my profile.  My avatar is just a cute photo I found.  They aren't my own animals but I thought they were cute nonetheless.  I have a few more that I will interchange as time passes.  So look for cute avatar photos of different animals on my profile.

Please check out my kitty slideshow.  I will add more photos to it as I have more.  It is fun.  There is music too.  

Below is one of the photos in the slideshow.
[attachmentid=2857]
A Vet Trip - Doesn't he just love them?

Attached Files

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Melissa, I loved the kitty slideshow -- I love all of the photos, but I think my favorite is the one of Rover sprawled out on the floor, showing his belly. As many people here could tell you, I'm a sucker for kitty bellies!

I know it can be confusing at first when you are trying to understand how the donations and sponsorships work.

What will happen is that people who decide to make a donation to Rover, or to become one of his monthly sponsors, will make a donation directly to IMOM. Unless that person posts here, you won't know that a donation has been made until IMOM's treasurer, Juli, posts here to tell us about it.

Some donors prefer to remain anonymous, so you may never know who they are, or the exact amount they're donating. Others may post here to tell you that they've made a donation or decided to become one of his ongoing sponsors.

My best advice is, post frequently -- at least once a day if possible, and more is even better if you can. The more that potential donors get to know about Rover, the more likely they will be to help with his medical expenses. Everyone here loves to read about the critters who are IMOM PINs, so please share stories, pictures, etc.

Is he doing any better with his eating today?

Leslie B.

Leslie B.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 400 posts
WELCOMEPHOTO.gif Melissa and Rover!

I loved the kitty slide show too - both your cats are beautiful!  My favorite pictures were the one of them both on the bed and, of course, the belly shot.

Laurie gave you some great advice.  I hope that it won't be long before Rover is fully sponsored!

Leslie whitekitty.gif

Rovers Mom

Rovers Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE(LaurieAdrienne @ Apr 30 2007, 06:00 PM) View Post

Is he doing any better with his eating today?

He started eating later in the evening.  I don't get him.  He saved his appetite until bedtime then started in on me.  Meow, I'm hungry Momma.  

He has changed so much lately.  He is developing new quirks.  And I don't know what to make of them.  He is way more needy.  He follows me around way more.  It is like he is grateful that I saved him I guess.

The newest quirk is this:  I live in an upstairs apartment where the stairs that lead upstairs are inside the apartment.  The entryway has two doors one that leads outside and one that leads to the garage.  Anyways, many times lately if I leave in the evenings especially to go over to a neighbors or something, I will come in the door to find my cat waiting downstairs in the entryway for me.  Just standing there like "Where have you been?  I have been waiting for you!"  Then he will follow me up the stairs.  I swear he is like a dog waiting at the door for me to come home.

Another thing is he used to be good about not waking me up.  Now that little bugger is pawing me and meowing to get me up on his schedule in the morning.  Purring right at my head.  Sometimes I submit.  It depends on how early his schedule is.  What is his deal?  Has anyone elses cat done this to them after a near death experience?  Or is it because he is diabetic and he needs food at a certain time?

Am I a sucker?  He is so cute.

PS... The batting of the mouse toy has hardly been done in years but now he has been doing it a lot.  It is a sign he has been feeling kittenish.  He did it a lot when he was younger.

Thank you for the advice.  

I can't resist my kitties tummy either.  But the only time I really get to touch it is when he is standing up.  I know better than to touch it when he is laying down.  But I can look all I want.  He says. felineicon.gif

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,180 posts
banana.gif LOVED the slideshow! My favorite was definitly the belly shot! Im a sucker for big tom cats, my parents have one named J.C. (short for Just the Cat) who weighs 23 lbs!

Im a mom of a former PIN mom and yes, it can be confusing! So confusing at first, and to be honest, I still have functions that I am unsure of and I've been a member since Sept. 14th! smile.gif

Welcome to IMOM!

Love,
Gabrielle, Layla & Dove
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

Rovers Mom

Rovers Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Your kitten looks so sweet.  Thank you for the words of support.  Everyone is so great on here and understands how lost I feel right now.  All the words of encouragement I am getting have been helping a lot.

Rover could use some too though.  I think Rover might want to know he is going to live for a while.  He is so needy right now.  Maybe I can pass on some words from another sugar-kitty.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
Hi

Tomorrow I will bring in the article from one of the Catnip or Catwatch magazines. It is about a new drug for people that is helping some diabetic kitties- esp those newly dx.

One of them is a kitty who is now completely off insulin. Maybe it will help you!!

Kathy

Renee-H

Renee-H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Please note that IMOM has been unable to contact this applicant.  Applicant has been notified via e-mail that Rover's case will be closed.

ReneeH
DPF Committee

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Awww this is sad.   Poor Rover.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
It is sad, Lynette.  It's sad for all concerned.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
Oh no, I hope everything is okay. Maybe computer broke down or something. unsure.gif
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
closed.gif
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users