Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1018 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Click here to read about Tucker and Justice and their most recent updates, their last page on Part 3 http://www.imom.invisionzone.com/community...2315&st=960

[attachmentid=2791] Good way to start Tucker and Justice - with the 21 butt Salute

This is from their mum today

storms are here again. I am having faith the boy's won't break through with any seizures in the next hour.

We will start with Justice tonight.

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!!!

==============J icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ===============

and now Tuckie butt!!!
Tuckie is at TWENTY-ONE DAY'S!!

=====T1 icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif ======

=====T2 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif =============

[attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811][attachmentid=2811]

Thanks so very much angels!!!

[attachmentid=2811]
Okay - this isn't working well - Cindy - how did you get the 21 butt salute to work???

Attached Files

Edited by Linda IMOM, 26 April 2007 - 09:32 PM.

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Wooo Hooo !!  This looks GREAT boys!  (Although I can't post it the way mommy does)  I am so proud of both of you!!!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
It is official--Justice is at 2 days and Tucker at 21 days!!!
Thanks Linda!! I am so happy to start a new thread with GREAT NEWS, like Tuckie's 21 days and both boys being on track.

I know there must be an easier way. I browsed for the pic, then clicked on add attachment, then put the cursor where I wanted to add the attachment, then clicked on "add to post" and added it to the post. Then I copied that attachment nbr from the post--u have to copy the brackets too), and then I pasted it--yup all 21 times --paste, paste... But when I was done, it looked like I just needed to keep clicking the "add to post" and it would have added it as many times as I wanted as long as I kept clicking "add to post".
I know---clear as mud.

I don't know if this will work.

For my Tuckie at 21 seizure free days!!

[attachmentid=2814] [attachmentid=2814] [attachmentid=2814]

[attachmentid=2814][attachmentid=2814] [attachmentid=2814]

[attachmentid=2814]  [attachmentid=2814] [attachmentid=2814]

[attachmentid=2814]  [attachmentid=2814]  [attachmentid=2814]

[attachmentid=2814]  [attachmentid=2814]  [attachmentid=2814]

THanks so much angels!!

Attached Files

Posted Image

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Cindy, I feel those vibrations...it's either all those paws thumpin' or you dancin'...but it sure is a good feeling!

Cool Beans!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
For my Tuckie's 21 butt salute-  [attachmentid=2818]

[attachmentid=2815]  [attachmentid=2815]  [attachmentid=2815]

[attachmentid=2815]  [attachmentid=2815] [attachmentid=2815]

Thank u angels!!!!

For my Justice who is at 2 days-

[attachmentid=2816] [attachmentid=2816]   [attachmentid=2817]

Attached Files

Posted Image

Snowbelt

Snowbelt

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 629 posts
Congrats on the 21 butts....do I hear 22?

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
Yeah Tucker, I love the 21 butt salute. Wonderful wonderful, wonderful.

And Justice, 2 days, keep going boy we love ya.

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
What wonderful news! Cindy, I'm just overjoyed to read that Tuckie made it to 21 days. I hope Justie will be there soon, too!

I love the photos you posted of both boys along with the "butt salute" and the healing lantern. Your boys are just so handsome. I wish I could be there to give them some smoochies!

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
YAHOO!!!!! The 21-butt salute!! I'm so happy to read that Tuckie got there! Yay!!  banana.gif  motimonkey.gif I'm glad that Justice is at 2 days - maybe we'll get to do a 21-butt salute for him, too?  luck.gif

tuckie2.gif

hugs.gif

Tracy and Cody  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
Tuckie butt is now at 21.5 days. OMG I am actually thinking abt 30 days. I know one day at a time, but it would indeed be rare for him to get to 30 day--it has only happened 6 or 7 times since he started having seizure at 5 months of age (so 6 years ago). No matter what though--I am so happy with how he has been doing.

I didn't post this last night, becuz one of my friends (Marty who posts for me when I am away) was so upset that last night new pet food recalls of Chicken Soup was something she had fed her pupper Otto recently. Thankfully he is OK. But she was so distraught, and then said "I need good news-please tell me the boys are doing fine." So I didn't say anything, and  I was afraid if i posted anything here she would read it.

Both boys DID get to 21 days and 2 days--but then Justice broke through with a CP abt 11:30pm. So Justice went off track...but so far today is OK.  

Hi Francine, Diane, Deb, Laurie and Tracy--thanks for celebrating with us!!!!! It's also pretty amazing that the boys have had nearly 3,000 posts here at this site...and had 3 threads at the other site too.
It boggles the mind we are starting on part 4 now.
Thanks to all of u and all our friends who care so much abt the boys and me to show ur support with being here for us.
The boys send wags, wiggles and licks to all of u!!!

Thanks so mch angels!!

wbd3.jpg

Edited by k9sign, 27 April 2007 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Cindy, this is such special news. For those of us who have watched you struggle so hard, it can make our eyes leak, and I KNOW I'm not the only one in this crew.

Yes, I'm terribly sorry about Justice going off again today, but incredibly moved by this accomplishment of Tucker's. He came close a few times, but it's been so long that none of us were even mentioning that any more.

YEY TUCKER!!!

Ok Justice honey, now it's your turn. Glad to see his little face posted again!

heart.gif

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

splight

splight

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 196 posts
HI Cindy and boys,

WOW! What news! a new thread and a 21 butt salulte.
I'm sure Justice will be back on board soon too.
Sunny has just loved the warmer weather this week.
We've spent lots of time outside and taking long walks.
Kind of rainy and damp today, but I hope it's better tomorrow as it is Soap Box Derby day at school. And Sunny and I will be there outside for a good part of the day. So I'm hoping for good weather!

splight and Sunny

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Absolutely wonderful news to end the week with...

banana.gif  banana.gif

hoping you get some good weather and a quiet weekend...

Attached Files

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
awwww shucks, your welcome Cindy. I've never met you or the boys but I feel like i've known you forever. Poor Justice, I'm sorry he broke thru, but I have faith that he will get there eventually.

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
Tucker is at 22 days!!

=====T1 icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif=====  

=====T2 icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ==========

Justice is at 1 day!!

===============J 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ================

Hi Martha Jane, yes u are right, Tuck would get to 16 days..and even 18 days once or twice...and just couldn't get the 21 butt salute. Now he is at 22!! It's so strange not to be stalking him...or worrying abt him--a very good strange though!!! hugs

Hi Splight, I hope u and Sunny have fun at the derby tmw. It was drizzling here today (oh I mean yesterday), and I hope ur day is perfect for the races.
I am soo glad Sunny is doing so well. Please give the sweetie a hug, and I hope u get some pics tmw!!

Hi Kay, Justice is sending his Auntie Kay some nice snuggles and some licks (kisses). Tuckie says he is sending u a wiggle butt!!!
hugs

Hi Deb, isn't it weird that folks u have never met, and pets u have never met, can make such a permanent etching deep in ur heart??
I think of all of u as my friends--but also my family!
I hope u are sleeping in ur bed tonight, with sweet dreams--and no more back ache. hugs.

THanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
It is very weird Cindy. I've been on another forum (based in Great Britian) for almost 2 years and I've made so many friends (just like here) and I talk about them like they are living next door and I see them all the time. I feel closer to them than i do my friends that live close by. I guess it all boils down to dog and cat speak. We all love our animals the same but the friends that I have here at home don't have the dedication to their pets like I do. I guess thats where the difference is. I'm finding the same with this place. Everyone here would do anything they can for their pets and won't take no for an answer. We are a rare breed and its people like this that I can relate to the easiest.

yeah Tucker for 22 days. Next will be the 30 butt salute. I'm already getting the champagne glasses out.

And Justice, good for you boy hang in there we are all rooting for you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(k9sign @ Apr 28 2007, 12:18 AM) View Post

Tucker is at 22 days!!

=====T1 icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif=====  

=====T2 icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ==========

Justice is at 1 day!!

===============J 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif ================

Keep on chuggin boys!!!!  banana.gif   banana.gif   banana.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
The boys are doing fine!!
Tuckie is at 22.5 days and Justice is at 1.5 days!! banana.gif

They are outside, hopefully getting some running around time in before the rain.

Hi Deb, yup that's just how I feel--closer to my friends here and at my schnauzer groups, then to most of my friends here (except the one's I live with).
I do think the way we are such avid animal people and also such advocates for ours and other animals seems to be something many folks just don't get.
Things like--"why don't u just PTS ur dogs--it will save u money and why have sick dogs anyway!" I am sure u have heard--"a Rottie is dangerous--u should have them PTS" Plus the "they're JUST dogs, they're JUST cats".
No one would ever even think those thoughts here.
IMOM is just a really safe place to talk abt animals.
Oh hope u can use the champagne glass in 7.5 days!!!! hugs

Hi Linda, they are still chugging!!! Whoo-hoo. Hope Bella Bee is feeling better!! hugs

Thanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Apr 28 2007, 09:20 AM) View Post

The boys are doing fine!!
Tuckie is at 22.5 days and Justice is at 1.5 days!!

Happy news!  happydance.gif

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Oh Justice, You goood brave boy! Please stay on this time!! Just ask Tuckie, the scenery and icecreams are great!

Yey Tucker!!

Hugs to all!

heart.gif

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
Since thunder is rumbling in the distance, I may not be able to get back on tonight.
I am going to have faith that the boys will make it, since they are both only abt an hour from getting another seizure free day.

Tuckie is at TWENTY-THREE DAY'S!!

===T1 icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif ===

===T2 icecream3.gif  turtle.gif ==============

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!

================J icecream2.gif  turtle.gif =================

Hi Laurie and Martha Jane thanks u guys--I know u guys are as happy as I am abt Tuckie...and of course that Justice is back on track--I hope for a long time!!
Thanks!! Hugs

Thanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
23 and 2 days way to go boys. Keep on chuggin along. I hope the storms aren't too bad Cindy. Its been raining here all day. My grass needs to be cut in the back yard already. I dont even have the lawn mower out of the shed yet.

I don't get people telling me that Jake is dangerous. but they do back away in the beginning. If I take him in petsmart people get out of his way and you can see they wary. Kind of ticks me off becuase if he was not good with people or other dogs i sure as heck wouldn't take him in a pet store.

I like this poem in regards to "just a dog"

"JUST A DOG"
by Richard A. Biby
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

From time to time, people tell me, "Lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "That's a lot of money for just a dog."
They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."
Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.
Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.
"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.  Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a human."
So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."

Posted ImagePosted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
The boys did offically make their 23 and 2 days!! banana.gif

They are both asleep--and I am abt to join them.

Deb, I have never seen the "just a dog" before. Oh, my, it sure brought the tears--like one Kay did on another thread--phew. But it is wonderful. Thanks.

Thanks so much angels!

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Apr 28 2007, 09:13 PM) View Post

The boys did offically make their 23 and 2 days!! banana.gif

They are both asleep--and I am abt to join them.

YAY!!!  banana.gif  banana.gif Cindy, that's doubly great news! I hope you 3 have a nice restful night. Cody sends head-butts and messy kitty kisses.

hugs.gif

Tracy  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
banana.gif The boys are still doing fine.
Tuckie is at 23.5 days!!!!!
Justice is at 2.5 days!!!!

It's a gorgeous day, and they have spent a lot of time outside. Justice is beside me right now yawning, he is a tired little boy.
Tuckie is at the open window wondering why Misty is making so much noise (she is a vocal horse!). The other 2 are on a trail ride at the state park, so she misses them. They make her crazy, but when she is alone (which isn't often) she wants them near. Since they are pack animals they always want another horse nearby.
She got to go wih them for an hour, but she isn't taken on the more difficult trails becuz of her arthritis.
So Tuckie is keeping an eye on his horse sister.

Hi Tracy, the boys slept peacefully until abt 4am when Justice needed to go out. He hasn't done that since getting back on the Tylan. I hope it was just a one time thing, and he doesn't start getting up during the night every night. I wish I didn't almost totally wake when one of them gets up to go outside--it takes me awhile to shut the brain off and get back to sleep. Of course I do have to disarm the alarm and reset it-so I would need to be awake enough to remember the code. lol.
Hugs to u and Cody!!

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

Puddles1

Puddles1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi Cindy and boys;

Hope you are enjoying this wonderful day!  I've been lurking, but really busy, so not posting!

Hugs;
Nancy

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

I am so glad to read that the boys are doing fine!!  banana.gif That really cheers me up. smile.gif YAY! Boys, stay right on the same trains you're on, and get to 23 and 3 days respectively.

I hope you got to enjoy the beautiful day. I hope that Justice doesn't have to go out again at 4 AM. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing.

hugs.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
Tuckie is at 24 days!!!!

===T1 icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream5.gif  turtle2.gif ===

===T2 icecream4.gif  turtle.gif ==================

Not so good news abt Justice though. He DID make it to 3 days--but almost to the minute (11:30PM) he had a GM. The same thing as before, he had it downstairs and Carol was there. Justice arched his back, became stiff and was unconscious. It's weird he isn't having the paddling--he always has until the last GM.
Now, Tuck has had this type of GM often--he will have tonic seizures. The first part of a GM is falling over, unconscious and Tuck would get stiff and arch (like Justice has done the last 2 seizures). Often with GM's they have tonic/clonic seizures. The first part is the stiffening and arching (the tonic part), and then it goes into the paddling (clonic part).
I wish I had answers of what is going on in his brain. I guess I worry that something is actually going on in his brain besides the neurons mis-firing. Something that is causing this.
I have thought abt changing his kibble--maybe it's bothering him. I don't think any of his docs know what to do with him...

Anyway, Justice did get to 3 days, so he deserves his train

===============J icecream3.gif  turtle.gif ==================

Tmw night I hope he will be back at 1...

Thanks so much angels!!

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Aw rats  sad.gif Cindy, I'm sorry about Justice. I'm glad he got his 3 days, but I wish the poor little guy didn't have to have a GM. Those sound so scary. I hope that you and/or the vets can figure out what's going on inside that doggie brain of his, and why it's misfiring.

I'm happy for Tuckie, though!!  banana.gif Yay for Tuckie butt!! smile.gif

I hope Tuck stays on and Justice gets on a new train tomorrow.

hugs.gif

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Hi Cindy,

Poor Justice but we should give him a WooHoo for his 3 days at the very least.  I hope he will jump back on that train very soon.

Hugs to you Cindy and give the boys some snuggles and nuzzels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users