Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rylee Jean Leathers

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM - 2_*

Guest_Linda IMOM - 2_*
  • Guests
Aw - I am so gald Rylee had fun playing in the water.  Andee LOVES to chase the waves as they break and bark at them.  He's not so keen about going into the water, but once he's in - he loves it.  He learned to swim last summer - it was hard for him to not feel the bottom on his feet, even chasing a stick.  That was so upsetting for him.

You should have taken pix of Rylee in the water - z would be more than happy to post pix for you.

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
NEED MORE PHOTOS OF OUR SWEET RYLEE JEAN!!!!

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
PLEASE

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
You know how terrible I am about photos...BUT, if we get some decent weather and I can keep Rylee still for just a few seconds I'll TRY to get some photos of her at the beach...

Kay, if it's warm enough when you come, I'll let you see her in action for yourself...you won't believe her...

If you've watched a border collie in action in agility, Rylee would give him a run for his money...

She is going to spend the night with her Dad, watching NASCAR and eating a steak dinner.  I got some free tickets to the Indians baseball game, 1st row sets behind the visitors dugout...so I'm off with a friend and my niece to see the game...fireworks afterwards...

I promise I'll see what I can do for photos this week end...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
Well believe it or not I've FINALLY gotten some photos taken of Miss Rylee Jean and I sent them to sweet Juli and asked her to post them on Rylee's thread...I think they're pretty cute...also, one is of her with her best buddy, Mongo...

Miss Rylee is getting better..she is still shy but she loves Dale and me and all the neighbors...so she's come a long way...

It's sad to say that when people come to the house she's very afraid.  So, we are figuring that whatever bad happened to her in the house...

We still make her meet the people but on her own terms...if the newcomers just ingnore her she's interested...so that's what is done.  My friends come over and just sit down and don't pay any attention to her and then she'll come around to see them.  She will take treats from them but she then either goes to me or Dale...

She still is loving the beach.  This week end she can't go though, we are having our annual perch fest and it's too crowded so the dogs aren't allowed...Perhaps Monday night she can go for a swim...

All in all she's better...of course, she's baby gated out of all the rooms when we are gone.  The last thing she tore up was my favorite couch pillow...I put the stuffing back in and sewed it right back up!!

Hugs to all from Miss Rylee Jean...

Edited by Judy, 08 September 2007 - 02:14 PM.

karotskid

karotskid

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 362 posts
Ruby and I would love to see pictures of Rylee too!  Have a great weekend!

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Look what sweet photos I found in my inbox.  Isn't she precious?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
I love pictures with dogs and cats together.  :-)

IPB Image

Here's Rylee's belly.  Doncha just want to rub it?

IPB Image

karotskid

karotskid

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 362 posts
QUOTE(Juli IMOM @ Sep 8 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post

I love pictures with dogs and cats together.  :-)

IPB Image

Here's Rylee's belly.  Doncha just want to rub it?

IPB Image

And oh boy, does Rylee know how to work it or what?  Those big doe eyes and then the come hither look with the exposed belly!  I think that Ruby Mae and Rylee have been talking behind our backs.  Sweet pup and the soulful eyes that just captivate you.  Beautiful baby Judy.

Miss Ruby & Melanie

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
I love the pictures Judy - Rylee (and Mongo?) look so cute togehter!

I have to laygh about Rylee's "meet and Greets" - on her terms.  That's the way that worls best - funny how we can figure them out, isn't it?

Andee too does better if he's ignored (as you well know), however when we are in the house and visitors come in, he makes no quarms about walking right up to them, course everyone one wants to pet him, but if they respond to him by trying to pet him or making eye contact, that's when he becomes problematic - but that a far cry from the days when I could NEVER have anyone over, if we did manage to get them in the house, it took about an hour before Andee has setteld enough to allow them to give him a cookie.  Rylee is progressing so fast.  She's such a good girl - I am so proud of her!

My sister rescued a border collie, actually her boys found her and somehow managed to catch the dog and bring her home.  When Helen passed away, there was so much commotion in the house, when we arrived I introduced my self to their Pitty pupper (another throwaway) Piglet (yes she looks like a pig) and my old friend Mocha.    My sister has a large dining room and they have a futon in there, I went to sit on the futon and I kept hearing this "noise", not continuously but off and on, the cats were all accounted for but is sounded like a cat growling.  So I asked about the noise - yup, that was the border collie who had hid herself in the safest place, in the corner under the futon.   I never got to see her except from peeking under the futon.  My sister has a great sense of humor and tells everyone, "she's a rescue and we are probablay going to keep her.  She's been holding up the broken futon for days now!"

Edited by Linda IMOM, 09 September 2007 - 10:55 AM.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts
I love, love love these photos!  What a gorgeous girl our Rylee Jean is.  I'm gonna' have to make another trip to Ohio dogsled.gif

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
What wonderful photos of Rylee! They put a huge smile on my face. Thank you for sharing those with us.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Isn't she SO pretty. Those eyes!!!! WOW! And she's very relaxed! LOL!

I will ignore you Rylee so you will come see me!
IPB Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
Thought I would add some new photos of Miss Rylee Jean -- she is so much pretty in person, though.

IPB Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
IPB Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
Gotta love that tongue smile.gif

IPB Image

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Gorgeous is what Miss Rylee Jean is!

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Look at that HAPPY girl!!!!  I could just hug her!!  thank you Kay for sharing these.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Oh my gosh is she pretty or what? WOW! I wub.gif her!
IPB Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
Seeing as I'm so bad about photo taking, Kay had to drive all the way to Ohio o take photos for IMOM...

Isn't she CUTE!!

But let's guess the breed...Dale and I think she's part beagle or hound, collie and shepherd...

Anyone else care to guess??

She is down the beach running with her ball on Sunday AM before Kay left for home.  We had a beautiful morning and the beach was lovely..Miss Rylee was a pretty good girl...minus doing alot of barking at the house over Kay...She tried not to be afraid and was pretty good but sometimes she still got scared...Judy

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Does she sound like a hound?

I am thinking Shepherd/Collie/Retriever?????

I am not too good at this game!
IPB Image

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
She has DEFINITLY got some beagle in her! Oh Rylee is just adorable ! I am definitly in LOVE with her! What cute pictures!! How is she doing around new people?? Getting a bit more used to them??

I just saw your birthday wishes to Layla and I wanted to say Thank you! We've MIA for awhile as a lot has been going on but Im a bit more stable now so plan on being here a lot!!! Regarding the service, I had decided to join ROTC, mostly b/c the long term was best.. but then the doctor diagnosed me with a hiatal hernia and I have a four month long diet to follow, strict, with lots of meds. I go back in Feb and might have to have surgury. Course all of this is complicated with the lactose intolerance and the hyperthyroid problem but HEY! Im still alive and I've got my Layla Ann... life is GOOD!!

So, I start ROTC at the beginning of my next semester in College (not jan 08, but Aug '08)

Well, we have MISSED YOU! Give sweet Rylee lots of gentle hugs from us in Florida.

I've been back on Layla's thread posting so if you have time, check it out! ITs full of GREATNESS! Im hoping to put up a video of my sweet Layla running and playing! Imagine that!!! smile.gif

HUGS
Gabrielle

PS. THANK You for Layla's B-day wishes again!!!
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
I just thought I would share this with you...As I am sitting here reading the posts on IMOM Miss Rylee is playing with her yellow squeaky ball...she runs from room to room with it and then she stands at the top of the stairs and lets it bounce to the bottom...she races down to pick it up and starts all over again!!  What a great way for her to get exercise in the winter...

She is so sweet and smart...she is beginning to settle in pretty well...now, if we can get her to stop chewing we'll be all set...Judy

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
Can't wait to hear all about Ms. Rylee Jean's Christmas with her fantastic mom!! (and Dad too!!)

Judy, I am so glad that Rylee is in your lives. Even though its through the forum, you can see the light and happiness that she brings to your lives, and you to hers.

What a great match you are and I'm so very happy that things are working out!

Hmm...'cept for the chewing!! What about Kongs stuffed with all natural, frozed goodness??? Layla LOVED those!

HUGS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Judy, I don't know how I missed seeing Rylee Jean's thread on the forum before now (because I don't usually make it all the way down before i have to chase my little guy) but I am very happy you linked in another thread (yes it worked for me)  Rylee Jean is BEAUTIFUL !!!  pp_animal_568.gif
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
It was one year ago today that Miss Rylee Jean became part of our family...it's so hard to believe that a year has gone by so quickly...

Miss Rylee is quite the girl...she is still very sweet and gentle...amazinly so after all she had been through before coming to us...but she has the most wonderful spirit...when you see her running with her tail up and a smile on her face it just makes you happy.  She is better with people coming to the house but still alittle shy, but, that's OK.  Mongo and her are still best friends and she's very respectful of Blackie so all is well at our house.

Our local parks have become quite strict about dogs on leashes...so we don't know if she'll be able to go to the dog beach this summer or not.  She is a free spirit and the dogs are only allowed off leash in the water so we have found another solution to getting her exercise.

There is a woman who does great pyreness rescue in the country and she has 43 acres of fenced in property.  There are two ponds on the property and benches every so often so Mom and Dad can take a break but the dogs can run loose anywhere they want.  You can also bring friends so I am going to invite her good friend, Zsa Zsa as soon as the ground dries out.  They'll have a blast...it's so beautiful there and relaxing so it's good for Dale, me and Miss Rylee...

I had to post to honor the first annivery of her Gotcha Day...Judy

Edited by Judy, 14 April 2008 - 06:14 AM.

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Happy Gotcha Day to Rylee and her wonderful family!  Did you do something fun and special today?  Extra treats too?  You are a special girl Rylee and I'm so glad you are part of our IMOM family.  Sending you some kisses which I hope make you smile.  :-)

Juli

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,910 posts
As usual Miss Rylee had a happy day...she chewed the shoe laces off my dog walking boots, scratched the back door until her Dad brought her outside and then promptly dug holes in the back yard until he quit cleaning the garage and went and sat in the back yard with her...

All in all she had a very good day!!  Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,035 posts
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY SWEET RYLEE!!

LOL!! It sounds like Rylee had a good day...but did u??? Hehehehe.

Please give that stinker a hug and some smooches from me!
Posted Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Happy Gotcha day Miss Rylee, you are one beauitful and lucky girl, but I guess you already knew that.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users