Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rylee Jean Leathers

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
I don't know if anyone's mentioned...but it would be nice to see some new photos of Reilly Jean!
IPB Image

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
QUOTE(JeanKBBMMMAA @ May 9 2007, 09:27 PM) View Post
I don't know if anyone's mentioned...but it would be nice to see some new photos of Reilly Jean!

Funny you should mention that, Jean.  I was thinking the same thing smokin.gif

Judy, don't make me come to Ohio to take photos of our new family member!

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
I came here looking for photos and was so disappointed.  Did your camera break Judy?  My offer still stands to post them.  I've got some other photos to post today so if you could send them ASAP then everyone will be happy...

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
I was sitting here, laughing out loud...

OK...I have to admit that I don't take pictures alot...I have a couple that aren't bad...and I PROMISE to get a couple more when I get home from my haircut...

Then, I will send them over and you can see our sweet girl...

Believe it or not, Reilly is coming along nicely...she's very happy and she's developing a "diva" attitude...which is just fine with us...

Every day when I come home she's brought down some stuffed animals from the bedroom...no tears in them she just likes them...Judy

Edited by Judy, 10 May 2007 - 01:34 PM.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Judy that is so wonderful to hear. I am sure you are feeling the same way I do and can't wait to get off from work to go home and see how our new and old fur-kids are getting along.  I am still is amazement on how well Annabelle has adjusted to her new life.  You would never know that she was a scared dog living in the fields, now she is a doofy, happy and loving family member.  Her transformation is truly magical.

Sending lots of hugs to Reilly and yes we are looking forward to some pics.. (I have to sneak the camera these days, my husband keeps yelling at me HOW MANY MORE PICS of Annabelle and gang with the same posed do you need lol)....

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
OK guys, I TRIED to send photos to Juli and Kay but I can't guarantee they really went...so, hopefully Juli or Kay will receive them and you can see a couple of photos of Miss Rylee...by the way, Dale changed the spelling of her name...I think it's cute...

Miss Rylee is on a chewing spree...but, nothing major...poor little girl doesn't know anything...tonight she ate her first treats...Judy

PS - Dale took her to go pick up a pizza and he talked the lady into giving his dog a piece of pepperoni...

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,106 posts
awww, is this a happy dog surveying her new domain, or what smile.gif

[attachmentid=2970]

Attached Files

Edited by Kay, 11 May 2007 - 06:50 AM.

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,106 posts
Yes, I have my very own comfy bed now...and I am a very pretty girl...

[attachmentid=2971]

Attached Files

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Awwww!!

Thanks Kay for posting the pictures.  And thanks Judy for sending them to us.  

I like the new spelling of Rylee's name.  She looks so happy.  Love how her ear is flipped over on the bed.  She looks very kissable.  We know Dale is feeding her enough but are you kissing her enough?  Divas never get enough kisses!  

I needed something happy today....thanks for the happy pictures and happy posts about Miss Rylee Jean!

Juli

FemGeek

FemGeek

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 330 posts
QUOTE(Judy @ May 1 2007, 02:37 PM) View Post

... and she loves to ride in the car...

Y'know, you could drive to the Gathering this year. wink.gif  Rylee would make a great honorary collie...(hint, hint!)

Roberta
...and Chance, who wants a tri-color collie emoticon collie.gif
http://chancethecollie.blogspot.com/

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Oh, Judy!!  She is so beautiful.

I like that she is becoming a diva banana.gif

Juli is right.  It has been a very difficult week here at IMOM and seeing our new family member puts a smile on all our faces.

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,273 posts
Aw she has the look of being completely content--she is one lucky pupper.

I REALLY wanted to see pics--but when Jacki wrote she would have to come to Ohio to take them if u didn't---well...

But I am glad to see her so happy. It sounds like u and Dale are quite happy too.
A picnic at the beach--now that is awesome!!

Oh, maybe u can change the spelling in her name in the topic??

Hugs to everyone!
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,273 posts
...and just like magic--the new spelling of Rylee's name has appeared on the topic!! pp_animal_568.gif
Posted Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Judy - Rylee is adorable, she looks so happy and content.  There is nothing more heart warming then to witness the transformation of our fur-kids who was once extremely scared, alone and untrusting to this wonderful place that Rylee and Annabelle are today. Lots of hugs to you all.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Hi Judy,

Just checking on the Diva Rylee Jean.  What a beautiful, happy girl she is.  You guys were lucky to have found each other.  Hope she is enjoying her car rides.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
Just a little update in the life of Miss Rylee Jean...

She is in alittle trouble with her Mom...while I was at PetsMart buying her food and treats my little darling decided to tear the loveseat...Mongo had done his thing on the arms with his claws so we have a throw over that...well, Miss Rylee found the loose threads and decided to help out with things...there is now no bottom to the arm of the loveseat...Mom's not happy but Dad's perfectly fine with that...

The loveseat is old but I'm still not thrilled...she knows I'm alittle miffed and I showed her what she did and her ears went back...so today when we went potty we had to start doing alittle obedience...I think it's time for Rylee to have a couple of rules...She is a very smart little girl.  She learned to sit on the first try.  

We are off to dinner with Dale's Mom tonight so that will be a test to see what she will do when we're gone.  I didn't yell at her at all when I saw what she did, but I did point to the loveseat and say NO...she's had her feelings hurt ever since.  That was close to noon and it's now nearly 3:30...she is so sensitive...It really upsets me to know how sweet she is and to think that she has been abused is something...

I know she has to chew I just don't want this to turn into seperation anxiety...

If you could see that sweet face of hers look at you...By the way, she gets tons of kisses...perhaps a few less today...Judy

Cindy, thank you for the name change...I think that's a really cute spelling.  Her Dad is so clever...

By the way, I am ordering some Bitter Apple to spray on the rest of the loveseat.  

Her big brother, Cody, also ate the arm off our couch when he was the exact same age...we thought she was sent to us by Kayla...I think she came with both Kayla and Cody's blessings...

Edited by Judy, 12 May 2007 - 02:23 PM.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
She is such a gorgeous little girl! I love her sweet face. I am so glad for all of you!

What about a crate to keep her (and your stuff-HA!) safe? All I can ever think of is how they eat the dumbest stuff...makes me crazy!
IPB Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
Jean, a crate would be my answer to this but guess who says NO...Dale said she's been through too much to have to be crated...I went online to read about seperation anxiety and they said not to crate if you didn't start right out with it...

I'm getting some bitter apple to see what that does...

She is SO CUTE and so apologetic...

The sad part is she doesn't even know what a toy is for...she has tons of them and bones to chew on but she picks "things"...which just shows she hasn't a clue about what is going on...

Let's hope she does better this evening...Judy

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Judy, I went thru the same exact experiences with Annabelle and Angel.  While I was trying to trap Annabelle I had the dog trap out and she knew it was a trap so when I brought her home and introduced the crate she seen the crate as a trap and was very fearful of it.  But to be honest the couple of times I did put her in the crate (WHEN I was home just to see how she would react in hopes of her getting use to it,  she was fine.  It was when I left her in the crate when I left the house she got herself so sick and starting vomitting etc). Anyway what I am trying to say is she now goes into the crate on her own to sleep. (HUGE PROGRESS).  Annabelle also was taking Chris' sneaker, tv remote control and chewing them, she had no idea what a toy was either and still to this day does not know how to catch a ball, but what helped there was buying the natural bones and putting peanut butter in them, she loves it and it keeps her busy.

I hope some of Annabelle's experience will be helpful for Rylee.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
I remember all of your experiences with Annabelle...funny, now we're going through the same thing.

I am going to get the crate out and see what happens...the problem is, Dale is against it...I'm not, but arguing with him is not easy...

I hope she's going to adjust...that would make it alot easier if he sees that she can handle it.

I put a new comforter on the bed yesterday and she's already torn the new one.  That is unexceptable...I can close the bedroom door, but poor, little Mongo sleeps in our bedroom...he also has another bedroom so that's not too much of a problem...

Wish me luck tomorrow.  Judy

I've thought about things alittle and the upstairs is going to be off limits for the time being...I baby gate the spare bedroom where the computer is and I will baby gate the bedroom...that way Mongo can go where ever he wants and Rylee can't...

she will still have free rein of the whole house for the time being...if things get worse then we will work on the crate...

I also have a call for help into my healing touch experts...

Edited by Judy, 12 May 2007 - 06:21 PM.

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Judy @ May 10 2007, 09:20 PM) View Post

...by the way, Dale changed the spelling of her name...I think it's cute...

And Andee approves of the new namespell!

Gosh, she is adorable.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Judy gating off certain areas of the house is a GREAT IDEA.  I have certain rooms of my house gated and they know they can only come in when the gate is opened, Annabelle has finally learned this rule and is no longer jumping them.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 12 May 2007 - 06:46 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
Rylee Jean got her stitches out from her spay last night and she is GREAT...She was a good girl at the vet and she loved all the dogs there...

Her chewing is settling down.  Of course, the bitter apple has just arrived.  Today when Dale came hope she had all her "babies" (stuffed animals) in the entrance to the living room...she is SO cute...

She does have TONS of energy...I'm thinking we'll take her to the dog park to see if she'll do some running...that's what she needs...she doesn't know how to play with a ball or frisbee but perhaps we can "show" her.

Hugs to all from Miss Rylee Jean...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,273 posts
Whoo-hoo--the chewing is down!! I am so glad. Even though it's lessened use the Bitter Apple, so hopefully she won't go back to chewing love seats and comforters!!! Gotta work on the shoe part though!!
Spray shoes too (do a tiny bit to make sure it doesn't change the shoes color).

I really think the dog park is a great idea too.

Aw how cute she had her babies in the entrance. That is SO sweet!!

Hugs,

Posted Image

cowboy's mom

cowboy's mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
Hi Judy,

Found you  Cindy told me where RJL's story was to be found!  She is SO PRETTY and looks like she is spoiled already waycool.gif   I'm glad that you have a new girl to give all your love to!!! She is a LUCKY DOG.I gotta save my brain for OSLF so signing out.Give RJL smoochies from CB and me...

Jeri and Cowboy

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
Hello Judy, I JUST found this thread about your baby girl! Took me long enough, huh? I just wanted to stop by and show some love. Rylee is VERY luverly! smile.gif How is the obedience training going?

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
Kirsten, nice to see you on Rylee's thread...

She is coming along nicely...She's very good with Dale and me but she's still alittle shy around new people...she's come a long way though...we've had her for 2-1/2 months now and she's a good girl...

She's still chewing some, but she's alot better...we keep the computer room and our bedroom closed off in the day time when we're at work though...too much of a temptation for her.

No official obedience classes for her.  I did take obedience with our boy, Cody who really needed it and I remember it well so if she needs some obedience I'll just do it with her...

She's very good on the leash...LOVES to ride in the car and loves all dogs and cats...

She has a black lab friend who has a lovely fenced in yard and we go over a couple of times a week and she gets to run and play...it's fun for us to watch and she has a ball...

I am going to try to get some more photos...I thought I would today but didn't...I promise I'll work on it though...

Again, thanks for stopping by...Judy

kmperk9

kmperk9

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 754 posts
It sounds like she has come a long way considering the way she had been treated before she came into your life! It's good that you've been through obedience classes so that you know how to work with Rylee. Lots of people don't know how to handle hyper or (insert your behavioural problem here) dogs and then they blame the dog. it makes me sad. I'm always so happy to see people who are willing to work with their babies!
Will Rylee chew on kongs or dental chews or other toys specifically designed for chewers? My Amadeus used to chew and chew on things if we left him in the house while we were gone. he especially loved to chew on Pencils for some reason. And my cat Boots loves to chew on my shoes (still!). I do get them CET dental chews now and i find that that helps some.

hehe, I love a dog that's enthusiastic about car rides! My poor Amadeus gets carsick, but Lady Bug goes beserk when I ask her if she wants to "go for a ride"!!!
She'll prance and dance and spin in circles all the way to the car, then she HAS to sit in the front passenger seat. She'll just wag her tail and bark and bark at everything. She also makes this cute little wimpery whiney noise when she's too excited to conceal it, but she's trying NOT to bark. lol. When she does that, I start barking so she knows I don't mind, and then we'll both just bark and bark together. Other drivers on the road look at us like we're mad. haha, maybe we are, but we sure have fun! smile.gif dog2.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
Thought I'd give you all an update on Rylee...

She is a pretty darn good girl...still chewing but we're learning the keep things UP HIGH...at least I am...Dale is down to one pair of work boots and and one other pair of shoes and that's it...

She chewed in upstairs remote and the downstairs remote but consideering Cody ate 3 and Kayla 1, we're doing OK...

Last night we took Rylee down to our dog beach...we were there all alone and we thought she wouldn't have much fun...well, she proved us wrong...it was alittle wavy so we found a really "good" throwing stick and Miss Rylee taught herself to retreive...

She would go in deep enough that she was totally wet, but her feet still touched...

You can't believe how refreshing it was to see her happy and running on the beach...

We're pretty proud of her...She still has a way to go with people though...but it's OK with us...she is totally happy with us and the neighbors...she's been to my sisters and mother-in-laws and she's OK with that so considering she's been through so terribly much she's doing pretty well.

I'll work on a couple of photos for your all soon.  Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,273 posts
I am so glad Rylee is doing so well!!!

Did u try the Bitter Apple??? It really helps in most cases. Spray it on the shoes, etc--or anything u don't want her chewing. It will need to be reapplied every day or two--but it totally stopped our puppers from chewing.

The beach sounds wonderful. Rylee must have really loved it.
Give her a hug from me.

Pictures please!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users