Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

LuvBug aka "Bug"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
It doesn't seem possible that it's been 3 years since my sweet girl went to Rainbow Bridge. Still, I cannot think about her without tears. Bug had a horrible life until I rescued her and her 4 pups. I wanted so badly to give her a long wonderful life. Instead, we had only 15 months together.

Like everyone who reads this, I am always devastated when one of my kids goes to The Bridge. Something different happened to me when Bug had to leave so quickly and unexpectedly. I got angry. I am still angry. And something in me changed.

When we have an applicant, or potential applicant, I sometimes feel like I want to scream to them, "Please do what little we ask so you can keep your baby with you. All you need is money".  All the money in the world wouldn't have saved my Bug.

If anyone reading this has a pet on our site, or any other site, who is kept alive through the generosity of others - you have no idea how fortunate you are. Please show appreciation to those who are making it possible for you to keep your precious one. I don't mean to IMOMers. We do what we do because we love all animals and want them to have long, wonderful lives. I mean to the people who give their hard earned money so unselfishly. I wish all I had needed to keep Bug with me was money.

Hug your babies and keep them safe. You don't know how long you are going to have them. Don't take them for granted.

Bug's previous thread:

http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=1763

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Jacki, I understand when you say "something changed, you got angry".  I have changed since moving to Arizona and coming across all these poor strays, I am extremely angry and now a changed person for life.

I am so saddened that you only had 15 months with Bug.  Jacki in those short 15 months Bug was able to see and feel what love and security means.  She was out there for so long scared, hungry and trying to protect her babies. You saved them all.  It was truly unfair that Bug had to leave you so soon and if it was just a matter of money I know YOU WOULD HAVE FOUND A WAY, you do now for all of us.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 07 February 2007 - 03:28 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Kris S

Kris S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 737 posts
Such a beautiful girl, your Bug.  I'm sorry Jacki that you didn't get to share your life with her for a longer time.  But thank you for giving her those 15 wonderful months.  It's never, ever enough time with them.  My thoughts are with you and your girl...

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
Jacki, I can still remember that fateful week end when Bug got sick...I can't believe it's been 3 yrs already...

You helped that poor girl when she needed it the most...you got her babies homes and gave her the best one ever...Because of you and Pete she knew what true love was...

After reading what you wrote, tears were falling down my face...My heart hurt for both you and Bug...know that I am thinking of you today...Hugs, Judy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Jacki, I distinctly remember the day I read the webpage about your rescue of Bug and her puppies.  Even an old rescue broad like me cried.  Your persistence to save an animal that some other POS threw away told me the kind of person you are.

There will never be another Bug.  But I don't care if you believe in an afterlife or not -- you can't tell me that you and Bug won't connect again somewhere down the road.  heart.gif--heart.gif

She certainly left her mark and we will remember her always.

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,106 posts
Bug had a wonderful life, Jacki; unfortunately, we can't do anything about the long part...those we love leave such a big hole when they leave, and it's a hole that can never be filled.. but somehow it manages to enlarge our heart too.  Remembering your sweet, sweet LuvBug  dal.gif  animcndc_sm.gif

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Like everyone who reads this, I am always devastated when one of my kids goes to The Bridge. Something different happened to me when Bug had to leave so quickly and unexpectedly. I got angry. I am still angry. And something in me changed.

Jacki - I know that anger.  I am still angry about Monty, his situation was never the fault of his own, he was tied to a tree without shelter, never socialized, never loved and rarely fed.  This negect led to abnormal and unhealthy skeletal growth, inadequate food led to fusing and bridging of not only his spinous process but other joints and bones, when it was most important, during this puppy growth months.   Like Kay said, the heart also got a little bigger!

Rescue was able to pull him from his situation when he was 6 years old.  The permanent physical and emotional damage was done, his time with us was so breif.  He really deserved to know what it was like to have a safe, warm and adoring family was like.  3 weeks with us just was not enough.

Helping you honor Bug's bridge day.  I am extremely thankful my boy is home with me tonight.  It's been a tough few days, but my foot warmer is home.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Jacki, it is indeed hard to believe it's been 3 years since Bug went to the Bridge. I remember so clearly that terribly heartbreaking day. I know your time together was much, much too short, but I also know that you shared an unmeasureable amount of love with each other.

Thinking of you and your beloved Bug...

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
QUOTE(Jacki IMOM @ Feb 7 2007, 12:11 PM) View Post

Something different happened to me when Bug had to leave so quickly and unexpectedly. I got angry. I am still angry. And something in me changed.

Hug your babies and keep them safe. You don't know how long you are going to have them. Don't take them for granted.

Oh How Right you are! Never take your baby for granted...time is never guaranteed and as quickly as it is given, it can be taken...

Jacki,
I am sooo sorry that Bug and you didnt get to spend more time together. I know how hard it is to suddenly lose someone who means so much to you. However, Im grateful that Bug and you did have those 15 months together.

I know what you mean about changing. Dan told me I would change and I didnt believe him but I found (and still am finding) myself so quick to be angry and quick to yell at those I felt didnt appreciate what they had. I took my guilt and made others feel like they did less for their animals because all I could think is "I wish I would have been able to save Nefertiti"... Im not the same person anymore either.

Im sorry for the pain, I know how deep it must be. Thinking of you and Bug and your never-ending love for eachother...

heart.gif
Gabs, Layla, Angel15.gif Nefertiti
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Another year has come and gone.  It's been 4 years (tomorrow) since my sweet LuvBug had to go ahead.  It should be easier by now.  It isn't.  I constantly replay in my mind the conversation with her vet when she called to tell us Bug was gone.  She gave very graphic details of Bug's last hour.  I wish she hadn't done that.  I see it in my mind everyday of my life....without fail.  I think about such a loving being having to go through what she did.

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,616 posts
My heart is breaking for you Jacki. I wasn't here when Bug had to leave, but I know you did all you could for her. I'm sorry you have to go through this pain... I guess that's the price we pay for loving so deep, but we wouldn't stop (and couldn't stop) feeling and giving that love for anything.

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,831 posts
My heart is breaking too Jacki. Its been 3 years this last November since Bear went to the bridge and I still replay his last hours in my mind, and my Spike too who I lost last March, every time I drive out of my driveway I see him laying there in the road and lifting his head when he heard my voice, and taking him to the vets and our last moments together. I don't think the pain ever goes away, it just gets a little mellower. I thank God everyday that I have my babies, all 5 of them.

Jack Willis said it best We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jack Willis

My thoughts and prayers are with you, you gave Bug the best 15 months of her life and she knew how much she was loved and cared for.
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

momma25

momma25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
pp_animal_568.gif Jackie, you are such a great and giving person and I bet Bug knew that better than any of us, so don't be sad. Everytime you give of yourself to one of the new posts you give more love than you understand. You will never forget Bug and so he still lives on in your heart and that will never go away and no one can take the memories of all the fun you and Bug had.

My babies and I send a hug.

Cathy
Tuckers Mom

After reading both when Bug was found and when she got sick, I wonder.  Did you ever get to adopt the other Dalmation "Sonny"?  I did not see that anywhere for sure.  

Cathy

Edited by momma25, 09 February 2008 - 07:28 PM.

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Jacki like Magic, Bug touched your life and your heart like no other.  That bond keeps you doing what you do to spare others the same pain.  You are an inspiration to us all, your love and devotation to your fur-kids and to IMOM is one that will never be forgotten.  I read Bug's story often and in some ways it reminds me of my Annabelle's rescue.  I couldn't imagine what I would do if I lost my Annabelle after 15 months.  I feel such saddness that you had to lose your Bug but those 15 months were filled with love and security, something Bug would have never known if it wasn't for you and Pete.

hugs.gif

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
hugs.gif Jacki ... it seems like as time passes it SHOULD get easier but I know it doesn't. It was just four months ago that I lost Brittany and in some ways it seems like it was literally yesterday and some days it seems like it was years ago it's been so long since I've seen her, held her :(
Know that Bug is looking over you and I'm sure he is with Magic guiding IMOM and you.
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
My sweet Bug -- how lucky was I to have had you in my life, even if just briefly.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,272 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 12 February 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

My sweet Bug -- how lucky was I to have had you in my life, even if just briefly.

I know that since Bug is always with u, that she knows what an impact she had in ur life...and in the lives of companion animals thru the LuvBug fund.

She knows that her special mom :wub:  honors her everyday, just like she honors Magic every day.

Bug was here too briefly, but boy does her star ever shine.

hugs and love,
Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,272 posts
Thinking of u, Bug...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users