Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
990 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Tucker and Justice Part 2

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Last 2 posts copied and pasted.

k9sign  Today, 12:13 AM IP: 4.188.91.108 | Post #993|  
Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

Awww poor Justice just vomited. Then he had a CP. Darn IBD must be acting up.
There is a place in Carol and David's bathroom that was not caulked ( sp?) correctly and the paint is chipping and it is moldy. Carol just told me earlier today he was eating some tiny chips that had fallen on the floor. At least I know it's not lead paint--but moldy paint chips sounds...well...not good. I have no idea if that is why his IBD started up or if it started 2 days ago when he became very clingy.
IBD sucks!

Both boys are curled up in bed. Tuck is snoring. It's so weird, Justice has only vomited once that I know of...but he looks sick already. Do u guys know what I mean?? It's the way he is laying there, and his fur looks dull. Now that he has had some medication, maybe his tummy will feel better too.

Tracy, I am sure hoping and praying tmw proves Tuck doesn't have megaE. It doesn't always show in just a routine xray. Do u know some vets won't do the xray unless they can give sedation!!! The neuro said to tell all vets that Tuck can not have sedation AT ALL!! I'm just not up to taking him to Columbus..so I am using one of the local vets. I hope they take a good, clear xray!!! chin rubs to Cody.

Thanks so much angels--2 precious pups are here beside me, becuz of all of u!!!

--------------------

LaurieAdrienne  Today, 12:40 AM IP: 64.30.112.24 | Post #994|  
Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear that Justice's train came off the tracks a bit, but here's hoping that he gets back on soon. And Tucker, you keep chugging along, y'hear?

QUOTE(k9sign @ Jan 16 2007, 09:13 PM)

It's so weird, Justice has only vomited once that I know of...but he looks sick already. Do u guys know what I mean?? It's the way he is laying there, and his fur looks dull. Now that he has had some medication, maybe his tummy will feel better too.

I completely know what you mean. Caine is unfortunately having an IBD flare-up right now. Yes, it's amazing how I can just tell that he's feeling bad even when he's not vomiting. His fur is definitely dull, his eyes aren't sparkling.

I hope Justice's IBD is better soon. Caine sends purrs and friendly paw-swats to Justice.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
Oh, darn, I wish I could have started this new thread with both boys on the train!!

But here's Tuckie!!

=================T icecream5.gif  turtle.gif ================

Justice's IBD is still bothering him. He has hunched a few times and also had a Complex Partial seizure at 3PM. <sigh>

The vet said "nothing jumped out at him" when he looked at Tucker's chest xray--except it looks like Tuck has an enlarged heart (but at this point I am not concerned, becuz his cardiologist said many GP vets think a dogs heart is enlarged when they look at an xray)--so the film will go with me to the neuro appt on Feb 12th, and Linda, his cardiologist, is there too--so she can have a look. He is really overdue for a cardio appt, so I hope nothing new has happened. I'm not even going to go there!
The vet said (and I knew from reading abt Megaesophagus) that a chest xray can show it--but it often doesn't-- a barium study needs to be done to really know if a dog has MegaE. They try not to do a barium study becuz it can be dangerous if a dog does in fact have megaE becuz they can end up aspirating, and then get pneumonia.
I will call Mari tmw and let her know the vet xray didn't show any obvious megaE--and I guess the neuro will make decisions from there.

Hi Laurie, oh, no, I hope Caine is feeling better! How long do his flare ups typically last?? I believe I read awhile back that when he has a flare up it's really bad. Is he OK?? Do u do anything special as soon as he starts having problems?
Give Caine a special hug from us. Justice in particular sends wags and licks to Caine. hugs

Thanks so very much angels!

Posted Image

Nancy

Nancy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 267 posts
Hi Cindy;

I remember reading somewhere that dogs with megaE should have their food elevated when eating, do you do that for Tuckie?  It may also help Justice with his tummy problems to have his food closer to head level!

I'll be off my computer for a few days, up to a week, as we are moving on Saturday.  Tell the boys I will be thinking of them and that they should be good boys and have long trains when I get back on!

Hugs to all three of you!

Nancy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
Hi Nancy, yes u are absolutely right--with megaE the food bowl needs to be elevated, in fact quite a lot.
I spoke with Niki earlier this eve and happened to ask her if I should elevate his bowl, and she said at this point it prob isn't a good idea. She said elevated bowls can cause more gas.
But I appreciate u mentioning it Nancy, we both had the same thought!
I guess when Mari calls me back tmw, she will let me know if further testing needs to be done--or if the neuro is satisfied that at least it isn't severe  since it's not seen on the chest xray.
I do not envy u the move--but after the dust has settled and boxes are emptied--u will love it I am sure! hugs

The boys are hanging in there. I have to go give Tuck his carafate in a bit. The boys can't understand when I go downstairs to where they get their meds--and then squirt white slurry stuff (ick) in Tuck's mouth,  why they don't get their meds. Then 30 min later mommy suddenly gives meds. LOL. They are confused!
It does suck having to give the carafate 30min before every dose of Depakote, which is 3 times/day. Thank goodness it's not with every med! It feels like I give medication and turn around and give more all day.

Thanks so much angels!!!!

P.S. hey Diana S--are u in hiding??????

Posted Image

Lynette

Lynette

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,384 posts
Hi Cindy,
I had to come by and check on the boys before I get so far behind I'll have to spen hours catching up.

You go Tuckie.  Glad to hear he is on the train.  Poor Justie and poor you.  I know what it's like now and you go through it daily.  

Thanks for all support over at Merlyn's!  Luv ya...

Lynette

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

I'm glad that Tuck is on the train  banana.gif but sorry about Justice. Rats.  sad.gif Moldy paint chips?? Yech! Even Cody the stucco-licker says yech  wacko.gif IBD sucks, and so does the pica that often goes with.

Well, I'm glad that nothing jumped out at the doc who did Tuckie's x-ray; hopefully any further tests that he gets will show that he doesn't have mega-E.

hugs.gif

Tracy  stripekitty.gif  heart.gif

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Jan 17 2007, 02:48 PM) View Post

Hi Laurie, oh, no, I hope Caine is feeling better! How long do his flare ups typically last?? I believe I read awhile back that when he has a flare up it's really bad. Is he OK?? Do u do anything special as soon as he starts having problems?

Hi Cindy, Caine and I appreciate your concern. As soon as he starts showing signs of a flare-up (loss of appetite, and then vomiting) I put him on a 3- or 4-week course of prednisone. Usually within a few days things are under control enough that he'll start eating again without a lot of coercion, but sometimes the flare-ups are so bad that it takes a week or more to get him eating. When this happens, it's just a nerve-wracking time of it trying to get enough food down him.

He is doing better today, though. He really didn't eat much yesterday or the day before, but today I think the pred kicked in and he ate his entire breakfast and dinner. He is such a sweet boy when he is not feeling well -- so patient with all of my ministrations! As I know your boys are with your ministrations. I really do believe that my kids know that when I have to do icky things to them, like shove pills down their throats, etc., that I am doing it to help them. I never see you writing about Tucker or Justice giving you problems with their meds -- are they just always very good and understanding about it all?

I always learn so much reading your postings about your boys, and I appreciate you taking the time to explain about their conditions and treatments. Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed dealing with the kitty illnesses in my household, and then I read what you go through, and I realize I should keep my yapper shut because I have it easy compared to you. You are a brave and strong woman!

Very sleepy... edited to fix dorky typos!

Edited by LaurieAdrienne, 18 January 2007 - 02:32 AM.

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

View Postk9sign, on Jan 17 2007, 09:25 PM, said:

Hi Nancy, yes u are absolutely right--with megaE the food bowl needs to be elevated, in fact quite a lot.
I spoke with Niki earlier this eve and happened to ask her if I should elevate his bowl, and she said at this point it prob isn't a good idea. She said elevated bowls can cause more gas.

The boys are hanging in there. I have to go give Tuck his carafate in a bit. The boys can't understand when I go downstairs to where they get their meds--and then squirt white slurry stuff (ick) in Tuck's mouth,  why they don't get their meds. Then 30 min later mommy suddenly gives meds. LOL. They are confused!

View PostTracy IMOM, on Jan 18 2007, 12:30 AM, said:

Hi Cindy,

I'm glad that Tuck is on the train  banana.gif but sorry about Justice. Rats.  sad.gif Moldy paint chips?? Yech! Even Cody the stucco-licker says yech  wacko.gif IBD sucks, and so does the pica that often goes with.

Well, I'm glad that nothing jumped out at the doc who did Tuckie's x-ray; hopefully any further tests that he gets will show that he doesn't have mega-E.

hugs.gif

Tracy  stripekitty.gif  heart.gif

Interesting....Layla's vet recommends that her food bowls be elevated to prevent gas...but maybe its cuz she is a boxer and they are prone to it. laugh.gif

Layla also recommends chewing on the door frame if you have to have paint chips...that is what she does. But she recommends not doing it at all cuz it makes her tummy not feel good either wacko.gif

Wowee!! Im gone for a few days and you guys have a new thread AND now Tuck is on the train and Justice is waiting... sad.gif

Justice honey, you were supposed to bring your brother with you on the train, not switch places!!!

Or am I confused? Last time I was here, I thought it was Tuckie on the platform and Justice on the train...maybe Im confused.... I guess the simple solution would be to just stay on the train boys!!! tongue.gif

Sorry things are so hectic with the boys Cindy!! Hope things calm down soon!!! Take care and give the boys hugs and cuddles from us!!!

heart.gif Gabrielle, Layla, Angel Nefertiti Angel15.gif

Edited by LaylaAnn05, 18 January 2007 - 11:16 AM.

"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
Hi Cindy,

Just checking in. Poor Justice, Keeping everything crossed that his IBD settles down and there is no MegaE for Tucker.

We have finally got some snow. Not much but enough for the boys to make tracks in when they run. The cold weather is making them very frisky. When I see them running around I imagine Justice and Tucker doing the same.

Hugs to both and sloppy dog licks from Jake and Riley.

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
banana.gif Tuckie is at 6 days!! banana.gif

=============T icecream5.gif  1icecream.gif  turtle.gif =============

He continues to have the reflux often, poor little boy. He is on carafate, pepcid twice a day and a holistic remedy. Nothing is helping him. I should get a call back today from Mari abt what is next.

Little Justie is still on the platform. He had a bad night. He vomited abt 2:30am and then hunched awhile later and had a GM at 3:30AM. Poor munchkin.

Aw Lynette, that was so sweet of u to check on the boys, especially with all u are going through with Merlyn. Hang in there. We are all pulling for Merly!! hugs

Hi Tracy, well I am glad Cody thinks moldy paint chips are YECH!!!! Pica is so weird. Justice never would have got into any of the things he has even 6 months ago. He won't have a chance after today to get any moldy paint chips again (we cleaned them up and kept the door closed since it happened)--it is being caulked, and the paint/mold scrapped and alcoholed and bleached. At least there won't be paint chips dropping anymore!
Tell Cody he is a good boy just licking and not eating stucco!!!
I hope no further tests need to be done, and the neuro is satisfied that we don't need to do more with Tucker-except put him on a stronger antacid like Justice is on. I'll let u know later today when mari calls. hugs and chin rubs!

Hi Laurie, The neuro doesn't (or at least didn't) want Justice on pred (or any steroids) yet. In part, becuz at times it can affect seizures, and also we don't know which kind of IBD he has--heck they can't say 100% that's what is wrong either--but they pretty certain since everything sure fits. But becuz there is no biopsy he is being very conservative, since it could be something else.
It's great u have a game plan for Caine. I know that has to be much more worrisome and urgent getting food in a cat then in a dog becuz of the fatty liver issue (do I have the right name?). Getting a cat on an IV doesn't help that-is that right?? I mean, a cat REALLY needs to take in food  even in the hospital when on IV's--or am I wrong abt that? I hope he keeps improving and keeps cleaning up his meals.
Oh, the boys let me do whatever is needed without complaint. They go and sit in the same spots (tuck always on the right) by their medicine station (a small counter separate from the large one and beside the fridge). They sit side by side and wait patiently for me to get their meds out of their own med boxes and get them into bread. Tuck always gets his meds first and then Justice.
I remember once Tuck had a partial or CP at Niki's house (during the time Sue was seeing him there), and Sue said to go ahead and give rectal meds. She held him while I drew up the meds,  and I kinda leaned around her for a sec to get to his butt and I stood up and she asked if I wanted him held a certain way. Then she saw the empty syringe and was so surprised he didn't have to be held down or he didn't cry or anything. She said so many clients complian abt giving the meds and chasing their dogs around and fighting them.
Geesh I am lucky. Justice is so good too!
Justice sends special wags and licks to Caine, and of course supercoot!!!

I always learn so much reading your postings about your boys, and I appreciate you taking the time to explain about their conditions and treatments. Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed dealing with the kitty illnesses in my household, and then I read what you go through, and I realize I should keep my yapper shut because I have it easy compared to you.

There have been a few times Laurie that someone has said that now they will recognize things if it ever happens to their dog or cat. So I really like giving info abt their epilepsy or whatever treatments--becuz I sure as heck learn from u guys!

I nearly forgot this--YOU BETTER NEVER KEEP UR YAPPER SHUT LAURIE!!! All of us with special need furkids sometimes have a pretty tough job--but very rewarding. I am soooo lucky compared to some of u. When my boys aren't having seizures they act like normal puppers. Ask anyone that has met them--they are energetic little pups--until their brains misfire. The IBD is so new for me, and it is what makes me crazy. Several of u have gone thru IBD for years, and wow, my hat is off to u guys--talk abt dealing with illnesses. Also the diabetic furkids-giving insulin, never knowing if there will be a hypoglycemia problem, knowing they must eat--OMG, we had a diabetic dog (it was a mini of Carols) and it was a constant worry. Plus those of u with senior cats in particular that go off their food. Ay Yi Yi--I have it easier in my opinion!!! Laurie I think u and Tracy deal with all those issues, and I know Kim has with her furkids (well Cody isn't a senior--is he?). I admire esp those that care for kitties. I am finding they can be a little more...um...shall we say finicky then dogs. huh.gif

Hi Gabrielle, LOL, heck I can barely keep straight who is on and off the train!!! Justice did have quite a good run of 11 days--best in a couple months. Tuck has actually been having pretty good runs--he recently had 3 days with GM's, but he was sick otherwise. But now instead of 1, 2 or maybe 3 days--he is adding more. YAY!!! I like ur solution though--to end confusion they both stay on the train!!!
hugs to Layla.

Hi Deb, Oh I can imagine Jake and Riley  in the snow. It's true, there is something abt it that makes my boys too run like banshees and silly goofballs when they run in the snow! I would love to see some pics of them sometime in the snow...or out of the snow. lol.  hugs, wags and wiggles!!

Thanks so very much angels!!

When I hear back from Mari, I will let u know!

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
Well...Mari called...scary...

Dr Fenner said he would like --if I am willing to do it-- to reduce Tuck's night dose of Depakote. He really wants to get some of this reflux to go away becuz Tuck could end up with esophagitis and some bad problems. Plus this would be a way to know if it really is the Depakote making this happen. The reflux may not go away, since he will still get Depakote, but it should def not be as bad in late eve or during the night if the Depakote is reduced, since  at night  he has been getting a double dose.
I am worried that Tuck seems more uncoordinated the past few weeks--maybe it's just too high a dosage right now for him.
One thing that makes me worry, is that the neuro will be gone from tmw until Jan. 29th. But next week Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, I can call and leave a VM and someone will be checking it, and will call Mari, who will call him if it's really important.
AY YI YI!!!

He is having me double Justice's Tylan powder for his IBD for 10 days and see how he does.
He also wants to see Tuck's xrays himself--so I will take it on Feb 12th when the boys have their 6 month neuro check.

So far no more seizures today!
Thanks so very much angels!!!

Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Cindy, I am still so new to all of this. What does the Depakote do? Why is it scary to reduce the dosage? I sure appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

You are right that it is really scary when a kitty doesn't get enough food. It can cause a number of problems, the most serious of which is called fatty liver disease. (You were very close! You are becoming a CCL!) These scary issues can begin as early as a few days after a kitty stops eating, which is why it's so important to get food into them. You are correct that just an IV isn't enough to keep a kitty well when it's not eating.

Glad to hear there haven't been any seizures today. Yay!

And I promise I will not keep my yapper shut! Haha.

Hugs to the boys from their California auntie.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
Whoa the wind is really strong. I'm almost scared to look out the window to see what it's doing!! We are supposed to get snow tonight, but it has been raining. Any snowfall will be nothing compared to what Judy and Diane may be getting. There is a chance of abt 15" of snow by tmw night near them!! Be safe girls!!

Hi Laurie, oh, the Depakote is one of Tuckers seizure medications. He takes 4 seizure meds--

Depakote  (a human drug)
Keppra  (a human drug)
Phenobarb
Potassium Bromide

The majority of Tuck's grand mals are during the night (which is common with k9 epi's)--so when he started the Depakote almost 5 months ago, we found 250mg was not cutting it during the night. He was having too many seizures. So the neuro increased it to 500mg at bedtime. Now his reflux is getting progressively worse and night time he is getting up a few times and having reflux--so we are thinking it's the Depakote.
The scary part is reducing one of his seizure meds--five or six times he has gone into status (a medical emergency where he has a continuous seizure for more then 5 min or several seizures with no recovery inbetween going on for over 5 minutes). So I am worried not only abt his breaking through and his seizures getting worse...but that he could go into status.
The neuro said if I was willing to go ahead and reduce the night dose.
That was a hard decision--and yet we really do need to try.
So...I reduced it tonight...

Please send extra positive thoughts for Tuckie...shine some of that California sun on him!! Hmmm or do u have snow too???
Hugs to u and the furries!

Edited by k9sign, 19 January 2007 - 12:26 AM.

Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy,

I hope the decrease in Depakote does Tuckie some good. I know from experience that reflux is no fun at all  sad.gif I'm hoping that this will help, and that it won't cause any problems for his epi. That's so cool that he's at 6 days!!!  banana.gif

(well Cody isn't a senior--is he?).
We think he is smile.gif Nobody knows for sure how old Cody is, cause he was rescued from a horrible situation...the vets and I have guessed that he is probably in the 11-12 year old range. He acts like an old cat - doesn't play much anymore, has started to get that boniness that my seniors (and my mom's seniors) usually get in the back and hips when they start losing weight in their old age. In spite of all that chicken he chows down  biggrin.gif And he'd probably eat stucco, not just lick it, if he had enough teeth.  Pica sure is weird.

We will definitely send good thoughts for Tuckie during his med reduction. And of course, we're sending good thoughts for Justice, too, as always smile.gif

hugs.gif

Tracy  heart.gif  stripekitty.gif

Edited by Tracy IMOM, 19 January 2007 - 12:37 AM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
Hi Tracy,
I know what u mean abt reflux--it is not fun. I think when ur pet has a medical problem that u also have--it seems worse, becuz u can feel what they are going thru. Sympathy pains!! chin rubs and hugs!

The boys are curled up here in bed, and me, like an idiot, just staying awake to watch them...as if it will stop a seizure!!

At 5AM Tuckie will be at 7 days!! I hope to be sound asleep with 2 cute scnauzers beside me!!

In fact I hope to be sound asleep VERY SOON!!

Thanks so very much angels!!
Posted Image

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Jan 18 2007, 09:24 PM) View Post

Please send extra positive thoughts for Tuckie...shine some of that California sun on him!! Hmmm or do u have snow too???

We have lots of sun but it is cold. Been in the low 20s every night for more than a week. We are having a very dry California winter, otherwise we would definitely have snow.

Hope the three of you are cuddled up safe and snuggly right about now. Hoping for a no-seizure night!

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Well Cindy, It's 5 a.m. And Tuckies report?  I'm sure hoping that in spite of all the reflux he's on!!

Here Tuckie Your most deserving boy you!!

heart.gif  heart.gif  icecream5.gif  icecream2.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

C'mon Justice!!

Martha Jane and Baila

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
banana.gif Tuckie made it thru the night...and he had no reflux during the night!!! banana.gif

Tuck is at 7 days!!!

============T icecream5.gif  icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ============

Justice is at 1 day!!!

================J 1icecream.gif  turtle.gif =================

Tuck is a little "off" today, so I hope nothing is brewing! The next couple weeks will tell the tail (oops tale) of whether Tuck has a problem with the lower dose.

Hi Laurie, if the weather had not been dry- and u did have snow...how rare would that be??  How is Caine's IBD? Justice is still not feeling quite up to par, but he only got the first increased dose of Tylan this AM.
Stay warm in cold CA!!!! hugs

Hi Martha Jane, Tuckie and I love the special icecream--Tuck sez that meant he got hugs since there were hearts with it...so hugs delivered...and he loved them (no worries, Justice got them from u too!)
hugs

Posted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
I love to come see two sets of ice cream trains!  Sure hope Tuckie is just a little "off" and doesn't derail...

and if you ever need anyone to testify to these two little guys' quality of life, I am right there!  They have the bestest home and the bestest mom in the world!

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,828 posts
Hi Cindy, I'm so glad Tucker made it thru the night. I'm always thinking of those two boys and hoping that neither one ever has a seizure or any reflux ever again.  my wish will come true someday, I can feel it right here  heart.gif.

Here are a couple picc of the boys in the snow last year.

IPB Image

IPB Image

We don't even have that much snow yet. but supposed to get some more over the weekend. I'll be getting the camera out.

Hugs to you all and I hope you have a wonerful quiet weekend.

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Yey Cindy, Tuckie, and Justice!  This is almost just what I love to see. The only thing that'd make it better is to see Tuckie is 'on' as you know him so well it always makes me nervous seeing the other.  We ALWAYS keep them both in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Those hearts are for mounds of love, hugs and anything of their choosing that their ma allows! smile.gif Thank you for including the ALWAYS included Justice!

Deb, It's so fun to see the pictures of your dogs! Am I remembering right that they are Rotties. The coloring of the boy on the left looks it but they both really resemble labs too. Thanks for sharing.

heart.gif  

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Jan 19 2007, 08:42 AM) View Post

Hi Laurie, if the weather had not been dry- and u did have snow...how rare would that be??  How is Caine's IBD? Justice is still not feeling quite up to par, but he only got the first increased dose of Tylan this AM.

I think we last had snow here in Sacramento in 1987, so it's not too common. The elevation here is just below the snowline, so though it can get cold it usually doesn't get that cold. If you drive about 45 minutes east, you're up in the Sierra Nevadas, where there's plenty of snow for skiing, snowboarding, etc.

I'm so glad Tucker did so well during the night. Wish Justice was feeling better. Maybe he's doing better this evening? I sure hope so!

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Oh, I'm losing my access for the night and hoped to see more 'on' news.

Cindy, believe me, even without getting to have been there in person, we all know your boys have WONDERFUL lives even with the set backs, thanks to you, IMOM and their ANGELS!!

See you Monday!

heart.gif

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
The boys are doing pretty well. Still slightly worried abt Tuck, but I hope a good nights sleep helps him. Justice is still hunching off and on--so his tummy still hurts, which is always a worry with his seizures. But they are hanging in there!!
We will hope for 7 days and 2 days in the AM!!

and if you ever need anyone to testify to these two little guys' quality of life, I am right there! They have the bestest home and the bestest mom in the world!

Kay, thank you so much.  heart.gif That means so much!! Little Justice can't wait to have Auntie Kay here again to snuggle against (or snuggle on!) wub.gif

quote "I'm always thinking of those two boys and hoping that neither one ever has a seizure or any reflux ever again. my wish will come true someday, I can feel it right here  heart.gif "end quote.

Oh Deb, u almost make me believe that ur wish will come true. I am trying to totally believe it too!! U know the best wishes ARE from the  heart.gif Thank u!
I LOVE the pics of the boys!!! Is that Riley playing with the ball?? OMG it's just like Tuck plays with his ball outside--and his balls are the same size. Isn't that the cutest thing. Now jake is the Rottie and Riley the labX-right? You have such handsome boys!!!!! hugs

Hi Laurie, wow, 1987 since u have had snow!!! Do u go into the mountains just to be in the snow?? U are sooo close to the mountains. Ahhh I LOVE the mountains, they just do something to my heart--I actually feel an ache when I have left the mountains-not that I have seen them very often.
LOL, we all went to Colorado  years ago, and my first trip (by way of Ohio to OK, for a visit, then to CO), every big hill I would see, I would ask if that was the mountains (i mean gee, they were higher then anything I had seen in person). Everyone was laughing. But OMG when I saw the Rockies and we stayed in Aspen--I was just in awe, and that has never changed.
I hope the Tylan kicks in soon for Justice. Mari told me to let them know if he had side effects with it (with the doubled dose). I asked what side effects, and she said just not tolerating it, or Justice won't eat it. Now that is funny--he is on phenobarb which acts like a steroid, and of course has pica at times. He eats EVERYTHING!!
I should go check for side effects--it's probably vomiting. How the heck would u know if it was from the drug or IBD!!! Yikes!! But so far the Tylan seems to be fine.
Hugs to u, Larry and the kitties!

Hi Martha Jane, Sorry I did get this on until u were gone. It seems like I have been on the puter all day watching out for Merlyn, like all of us aunties were doing. So I had to make some special time for the boys--and time got away from me. Although I never expect u to do much posting till 2am my time!!!
Thanks for what u said--I do think the boys have pretty darn good lives, thanks to the angels, and all my friends here who keep me sane enough to care for them!!! hugs

Edited by k9sign, 20 January 2007 - 12:02 AM.

Posted Image

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 768 posts
I do think the boys have pretty darn good lives, thanks to the angels, and all my friends here who keep me sane enough to care for them!!! hugs

Awww...Cindy, it sounds like they sure do have wonderful lives.  Whenever I read about your boys and the other mini's in your house I always think to myself, what fun it must be living with you all.  I know how much laughter and joy my cats bring us on daily basis, and those puppers sound to be just as much fun  banana.gif

In the several years I've been following the boys' thread, I never once thought that you should "give up".......I can't believe that people have actually said that to you.  Sheesh!   Some people!!!!  Chloe says, let her have at em.........first she will steal their money, then she will beat the crap out of them!  IPB Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
Tuckie is at 8 days!! banana.gif

===========T icecream5.gif  icecream3.gif  turtle2.gif ============

Justice is at 2 days banana.gif  

===============J icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ===============

Tuck was up abt 2:30am and looked like he was going to be sick, but he didn't get sick or have reflux. He ended up going outside, and I tried following him but it was too icy to go down the stairs safely, so I just watched with a flashlight. He did poop--but couldn't see if it was OK. I'm surprised he could do anything, it was so cold and windy and snow blowing in ur eyes!

POOP!!! Well since I was talking abt poop--it seemed a good thing to say now.
Carol yelled to me that Tuck was having a CP.  sad.gif
Well he won't make it to 9 days THIS TIME...but he got to 8!

Justice is hanging close to mommy, but it seems like his tummy is at least better.

In the several years I've been following the boys' thread, I never once thought that you should "give up".......I can't believe that people have actually said that to you. Sheesh! Some people!!!! Chloe says, let her have at em.........first she will steal their money, then she will beat the crap out of them!

Go get em Chloe!!!!!  Thanks Laura!
Having 5 mini's in the house definitely can be comical. All 5 have different personalities, different ways they play in and outside, and how they play with each other. They have their moments where u want to scream...and then u look at those adorable faces (they all have their diff facial expressions too) and u can't be too upset at them--as hard as u may try. lol We all say Justice has taken a graduate course in pitiful expressions!! LOL.
Can u believe this coming April we will have been here  at IMOM for 3 years!!!
What an adventure we all have been on!!!!!
Give Chloe a big snuggle for me!

Thanks so much angels!

Posted Image

splight

splight

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 196 posts
Hi Cindy and boys,

Just checking in on you all. Sounds like the boys have been taking turns keeping you on your toes. Let's hope things quiet down for a while.

I have some good news. I believe LuckyDog is sending me a new little Westie pup. I found a baby in SC, near Greenville, where friends live. His birthday is December 1st, just 2 days after LuckyDog's birthday. I should be getting pictures of him tomorrow. I will go to SC the weekend of February 16th to pick him up.
I'm looking forward to having a baby in the house again.

stay warm,
splight....

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
No seizures since Tuck's earlier today!!
Tuck is bugging me for his medicine. I am surprised Justice isn't doing the same.
Tuck did just now leave my room--he may be going for reinforcements!!
I gave sucralfate (Carafate) to him a short time ago, so now he needs to wait 30min for his meds--which is in abt 15min. He does NOT like the carafate squirted in his mouth (he probably thinks I am going to put it under his tongue like one seizure med). Plus I would guess it doesn't taste too good. It looks like chalky water tongue.gif .  He is a good boy abt taking it, but shakes his head and I swear if he spoke he would say -YUCK! ICK!

OHHHHH Splight, I am so very happy u will have a new Westie pupper. Another boy-huh? Aw I bet he will be a doll. I can't wait to see some pics of this wee pupper. I have no doubt LuckyDog sent him. U must be very anxious to have him in ur arms. Will u wait to name him until u have seen him?? Will u after awhile be able to take him to school with u?? I know at OSD some teachers would get a pet and just have the pet in the classroom--a good learning experience for the kids and good socialization for pups--esp to be around Deaf flying hands! But I realize ur kids have other issues too--so will that be possible?
Please post a pic as soon as u can!! hugs

Thanks so very much angels.
Posted Image

splight

splight

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 196 posts
Hi Cindy,

Funny you should ask if he will go to school with me. I will take him to school to meet the kids and my boss. Our department secretary as well as the front office secretary both have westies, so I'm sure he will get lots of attention. I'm also going to get him certified as a therapy dog, that way he can go to work legitimately, and provide therapy for our kids!

I will decide to name "the baby" when I meet him. However, so thoughts I have are: Duncan- scottish heritage, Monty- closest I can get to mountain- his father's name is Denver, or Sunny as a call name, with a formal name of "Denver's Sunshine on my Shoulder". Can you tell I was a John Denver fan in the 70's?

I can't wait to bring him home, but know realistically that to go to SC I have to wait till I have a week off. I'm going to start interviewing pet sitters this week. I'll have them come in between 11:00 and 12:30 or so, that way the puppy won't have to be alone for too long.

splight...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users