Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
994 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Part 2 -

Tuck and Justice are nearing 1000 posts, I am concerned we may lose his entire thread, so I have started this one for them and locking the old one.

Feel free to read all the adventures of Tucker and Justice here http://64.176.8.124/community/index.php?showtopic=65

Edited by Linda IMOM, 19 October 2006 - 11:06 PM.

Marty S

Marty S
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone, I don't know what happened last night.  I was still able to log in under the old board but not the new one.  huh.gif  Just had tons of problems but it looks ok now.
Tracy, thanks for posting that email addy just in case!!
I'll update tonight after I hear from Cindy.
Marty

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
banana.gif  minichien2.gif 1,000 posts-WOW!!! minichien2.gif  banana.gif

Tuckie and Justice and mommy are so in awe of the support from all our IMOM friends. Thank u for being here for us, and for supporting us with ur love, genorosity and kindness. We thank u from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Tuck and Justice are doing well. No attacks of the TP, and of course best of all--no seizures.

Tuckie is at 3 days (last seizure was Monday at 12:45AM) and Justice this eve (last seizure was Tues at 8PM) will be at 2 days!

I got a bonus check on the boys last night--Abbie got hives and they called to ask how much Benadryl to give. Poor Abbie...but I did get to ask again abt the boys!!
OK, I am keeping track of how many times I call to check on the boys. I won't count if they call me. So get ur guesses in--it's a challenge (Paula, u may have been kidding abt doing a challenge--but it seems like a great idea)!! It can either be fund raiser or just for fun.  But on Monday when I arrive home--I will stop the count (well of course I check on them even the day I will be getting home!!!).

I want to know how many times u guys check on ur pets when u are away--esp if they are special needs pets--or how many times u think u would check on them if u were gone.

Tuckie's at 3 days!!!

===============T icecream3.gif  turtle.gif ==============

Justice will be at 2 tonight at 8PM (having faith!!)

===============J icecream2.gif  turtle.gif ==============

I am leaving soon for Cincinnati. I will miss everyone!! I usually call Marty sometime between 10pm-11pm, and then she will update!!! Thanks again Marty!!

tuckie2.gif

wbd3.jpg
Posted Image

Snowbelt

Snowbelt

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 629 posts
Hey, Cindy, we miss you, too!

Well, I think your challenge should definitely be a fundraiser. There are several furkids who are needing some help right now. I just donated to one this morning, so I won't participate in this game. However, when we are gone, Jeff and I call usually 2 times a day--sometimes 3 (depending on you-know-Hoover).

Diane

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
You're not only keeping a strong vigil on your boys and all their sibs, but you're here holding up your post, hah!

So glad that the news on Justice and Tucker is positive. Seems they couldn't all stay well with you away, so Abbie's expressing her discomfort.  Now, she's trying to get you home.  Oh, woe is the life of a mother!

Just posting because I always do and now I can't do otherwise.

1,000 posts, it's a shame you're not more popular.

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 21 October 2006 - 02:43 PM.

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
Ok we can do this as a challenge so here goes...How Many Times Will Cindy Phone HOme Challenge  

As we know Cindy is away at a conference and her housemates are taking care of Tucker and Justice.So if you can guess how many times Cindy phones home to check on the boys---you win. Everybody gets only one guess--if you guess rWRONG you donate to one of the pets in need or to any of the IMOM funds.I f you guess correctly you get braggin rights.lol
Cindy is counting how many times she phones home and will let us know on her return,which is Monday. Cindy left Today and will return Mon so get your best  guesses in. happy.gif So ]READY   SET   GO Good Luck All
P
and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj, 19 October 2006 - 05:16 PM.

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
QUOTE(paulajmnj @ Oct 19 2006, 05:37 PM) View Post

Cindy is counting how many times she phones home and will let us know on her return, which is Monday.
I dunno, Paula -- do you think she's trustworthy??  wink.gif  None of this monkey business of "they called me first."  We might need to subpoena phone records.

I think Cindy will call home 3 times a day.  She's gone for roughly 4 days, so that would be 12 calls.

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
Kim,
you know if i could contact her housemates and have them keep a record we could compare  laugh.gif I think she calls every 3-4 hours so my guess is  24
p
and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj, 19 October 2006 - 05:04 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
I'm in for the challenge...I'll guess 4 times a day, for 4 days that equals 16 times...

What a GREAT way to raise some money for the PINs...now the challenge will be who to danate to...

I know that Cindy is worried but believe me guys...everyone at Cindy's house is WONDERFUL people...Tucker and Justice couldn't be in better hands...Judy

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
OK Folks get your guesses is.
   Just a hint   Cindy's housemates answer the phone with the  boys  are   just   fine . so get yout thinkin caps on and play--
p
and the boys

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
Okay, I'm in... I think she'll call 6 times each travel day, but only 3 times on the class days. so I'm going for 18 times...

Hoping the boys are doing fine, Cindy is learning lots and resting lots!!!

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 769 posts
I'm not being scientific at all and am guessing 23 times..... smile.gif  

Cindy we miss you already and I hope you are learning lots and having some FUN while you are at it!!!

Laura and the bratz

Marty S

Marty S
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I just got off of the phone with Cindy with an update.
Well, good news about Justice.  He hit one day at 8pm,  1icecream.gif plus it seems his tummy is feeling better since he's getting less food and some rice, so maybe he does have chronic pancreatitis and a lower fat food will help him.
And we're hoping that if he does have chronic pancreatitis, that might be what made him start seizing again.
Tucker had a CP, plus he's having some bad pre-ictal behavior.  Lots of pacing.  So they gave him meds to hopefully calm him down and have a quiet night.
I'll update again tomorrow night, hopefully with news that BOTH boys have been seizure free.
Marty

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Keeping vigil on the boys!

thanks Marty, I really appreciate you keeping us posted.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Marty, thanks for the report smile.gif I'm sorry that Tuck is having CP's, but happy about Justice! Whoo hoo!  1icecream.gif

Cindy, we miss you, too. I'm glad you had a chance to stop by today  smile.gif  heart.gif As always, I'll keep the boys in my thoughts and prayers, and you too, of course

hugs.gif

Tracy  stripekitty.gif

Marty S

Marty S
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hi everyone, I just talked to Cindy.
Both boys are doing really good!!!
I messed up the count yesterday.  Justice is at 3 days now.  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif
And even though Tucker wasn't doing so good last night, he made it and he's at one day!!   1icecream.gif
Cindy's very relieved.  She's really tired so I'm hoping that since she doesn't need to worry too much about the boys, she'll get a good nights sleep.
I'll update again tomorrow night, hopefully with more good news!!
Marty

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Thanks, Marty.  We're relieved too!

Cindy, when you catch up on this thread, please note the following guesses on # of calls home:

me -- 12
Paula -- 24
Judy -- 16
Kay -- 18
Laura -- 23
Francine -- 32

Who is your friend here???   roll.gif

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
Marty thanks for the update. Marty you  want "in" ? lol Now we need more to play this game. so to recap.
How  Many  Times  Will  Cindy  Phone  Home
Cindy is gone for 4 days and you have to guess how many times she will call home to check on Tuckie and Justice.
6 of us are "in" right now and i know there are more out there who would like to guess.Cindyis counting  how many  times she phones home.

so anyone else  want in?
[

p
and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj, 21 October 2006 - 04:59 AM.

Marty S

Marty S
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hi!!
Oops, I can't play the guessing game because I know how many times she's called home already and I'm not gonna tell..........LOL.
Both boys are doing really good.  No more seizures.  At least none that anyone saw.  Sometimes the CP's are easy to miss if you're not right there watching.
And Justice's tummy must be feeling better too.  He hasn't even tried to eat any TP.
So Justice gets  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  
And Tucker gets  icecream2.gif
I'll update again tomorrow, and then Cindy should be back home sometime on Monday.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Marty S @ Oct 21 2006, 08:36 PM) View Post

Hi!!
Oops, I can't play the guessing game because I know how many times she's called home already and I'm not gonna tell..........LOL.
Both boys are doing really good.  No more seizures.  At least none that anyone saw.  Sometimes the CP's are easy to miss if you're not right there watching.
And Justice's tummy must be feeling better too.  He hasn't even tried to eat any TP.
So Justice gets  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  1icecream.gif  
And Tucker gets  icecream2.gif
I'll update again tomorrow, and then Cindy should be back home sometime on Monday.

Whoo hoo!!!  banana.gif  banana.gif That's great news, all of it! Here's hoping that everything stays just the way it is  luck.gif

Tracy  stripekitty.gif

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Kim @ Oct 21 2006, 12:06 AM) View Post

me -- 12
Paula -- 24
Judy -- 16
Kay -- 18
Laura -- 23
Francine -- 32

I want in!  As a epi-mom myself, I think I can get this right.  I believe Cindy will call home at least, if not more than 96 times.  That is once an hour for four days.  We all know she doesn't sleep.  laugh.gif

It is such good news to see the boys are doing well even though Cindy isn't there.  

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Checking in on the boys and Cindy!

Thanks Marty for keeping us posted!!!

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
96!!! Juli, you must really be eager to donate to a PIN!

Kim -- 12
Paula -- 24
Judy -- 16
Kay -- 18
Laura -- 23
Francine -- 32
Juli -- 96  (Obviously this challenge is not based on so much per number that you are off! - Or is it?IPB Image

My perspective is Kim Judy and Kay are the friends here. Cindy will protect her pups by not driving her room mates too crazy! She knows they'll call if there's a problem. Cindy - Easy Easy.. Whoa... Easy...

Great to hear the pups are doing so well!

Marty, Thank you for posting! Have you heard if she is enjoying her workshop?

MarthaJane, Baila & Co.

Marty S

Marty S
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Hi, I just talked to Cindy.
She's really tired but said that the workshop went well.
Amazingly, both boys are doing great.
No seizures!! And Justice must be feeling really good. No signs of tummy problems, and he's not pounding at doors to get to the TP. So it looks like he'll be on a very low fat diet for a while.
Justice!   icecream5.gif

Tucker!    icecream3.gif  

Cindy will fill you in on all the details, probably sometime tomorrow evening.
And she did keep count of all the phone calls.

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
So, Cindy, did you make contributors out of all of us?  LOL  Seems to me if you've kept your own count it's got to be less than it would have been, which puts us all at a disadvantage.  

Ecstatic you're back and that all went well both for you and your boys!

Looks like Justice prefers low fat to toilet paper, wise choice.

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 22 October 2006 - 10:33 PM.

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Wooo Hoooo!  Way to GO boys!!!!!  I am so glad Justice's tummy is feeling better too.  Thanks marty fo updating us!

Bella's big day at the horse show - check out the pix http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/ell...20with%20Bella/

She got 2 red ribbons (she tied for 2nd place - twice!!!)  and competed agains kids on BIG horses!  HER pony had another tiny girl ride her in another class (actually they split the class because there wasn't enough ponies and Heidi is such a tiny tots pony).  Bella was so upset that someone else was riding her pony!   Bella did throw a temper tantrum in the show, but it was actually short lived and then she decided she wanted to ride.  Thankfully, Heidi had no more tiny tots after Bella, so Bella got to ride a little longer after the show.  It was COLD, thankfully, we bundled up Bella so she was able to ride a little longer.  She's very proud of her ribbons, so if you get a chance, check out the photobucket link.

Hugs to the boys!  I am so haapy to seem them both chugging down the seizure free track!

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Marty S @ Oct 22 2006, 08:25 PM) View Post

Hi, I just talked to Cindy.
She's really tired but said that the workshop went well.
Amazingly, both boys are doing great.
No seizures!! And Justice must be feeling really good. No signs of tummy problems, and he's not pounding at doors to get to the TP. So it looks like he'll be on a very low fat diet for a while.
Justice!   icecream5.gif

Tucker!    icecream3.gif  

Cindy will fill you in on all the details, probably sometime tomorrow evening.
And she did keep count of all the phone calls.

Whoo hoo!!! Great news, Marty! And I'm glad Justice has given up the tP habit...hopefully for good. Great news all around...hope it continues!  luck.gif

Tracy  stripekitty.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
What great news to wake up to...the boys are both doing GREAT, I wonder if Cindy was able to relax alittle...I sure hope so...

HUGS to you all...isn't it amazing that Cindy can be away for a long week end and still have someone post for her...

I can't wait to hear all about her week end...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,192 posts
You guys are a hoot!!!!!!
I had to check really quick to see if anyone guessed correctly--NOPE--but one person was closer then any other--and even though u may think that person is Juli--it isn't--sorry Juli!! If I could have called as often as I wanted--Juli would have won hands down--but I would have been killed by everyone here-lol.

So, the winner is (at least the closest guesser)....

oh first we will have a commercial break lasting ummm a while until I can get back on. lol.

Tuckie had a CP today--Justice is fine---and I will be back later. Tuck wants cuddled.

Long commercial break...

Thanks angels!!
Posted Image

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
[attachmentid=776] Once you dig your heals in, we all want a workshop report!  I take it the drives there and back were smooth.  You must be exhausted.

Tuck made it to 3 days!  Kinda hung in there long enough to prevent your worrying.  It's the Cuddle and Snuggle time, hopefully you'll get some rest.  Looking forward to your posting again.

I'm glad you're back too!

Attached Files

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 23 October 2006 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users