Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

The adventures of Cody

• Please log in to reply
1620 replies to this topic

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,233 posts
BACK OFF MARTHA JANE--Cody is spoken for!! I have a couple guys (besides my boys) in my life--Roadie, Cody and Kramer. Teddie is my wee girl--go ahead and try to get Henry. lol.

Tracy, I am so glad Cody is doing better today. Yes Cody, blue boxes, 'that place' and cones are all evil!! I am glad he seems to have avoided it. Of course the weekend is here (that's when they decide to play with mommy's head and worry us the whole weekend becuz they puke or something!!

Thankfully the snow shovel has not needed to make an appearance...but, when it does, I may be ummm bitchslap2.gif some folks in warm climates!!!

wbd3.jpg
Posted Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Baila @ Oct 26 2006, 11:18 PM) View Post

Ah, that conehead pic is sooo cute. I'm with Kim - Gotta LOVE that tongue action. Ok, Cody's formally added to my covet list. Not sure I'd be as capable with the juggling and pill catching when he sends one shooting, but boy he sounds like a sweetheart. My Minsky kitty has very rich amber colored eyes, but will occasionally will give off a green eye shine as well. So what color does he really have? He's just a beauty, and what a personality! Yea, I'm a tabby sucker. Probably all tabbies! - even approximately tabbies!...

More Chin Rubs to Cody!

MarthaJane and Crew

PS In the picture in post #50 - I'm assuming those are Montana bred legs in the background that carry an unusually kind heart?smile.gif

Hi Martha Jane,

Cody's eyes are kind of a light yellowish-green. Very hard to capture in pics because he's either:

1) Looking down, or
2) Staring right into the camera w/flash, hence the "glowing green demon eye" effect

And yep, you are right about the legs smile.gif

Tracy and Cody, who says thanks for the chin rubs  stripekitty.gif

Edited by Tracy IMOM, 27 October 2006 - 08:33 PM.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Kim @ Oct 26 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

[attachmentid=828]

Ah, but judging from that tongue action, Cody still managed to eat his chicken with the evil cone collar on!  

ps) Love the Drive-Thru sign too.   laugh.gif

Oh yes smile.gif Some of the bowls were too wide for his cone to fit over, so I made sure we only used the smaller bowls. And I pulled out all the catboxes from the wall, so he wouldn't clunk the cone on the wall when he was trying to "go"...and all those other things that the CCL's do to make their royalty comfortable  tongue.gif

Tracy and Cody  stripekitty.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Oct 27 2006, 06:24 PM) View Post

BACK OFF MARTHA JANE--Cody is spoken for!! I have a couple guys (besides my boys) in my life--Roadie, Cody and Kramer. Teddie is my wee girl--go ahead and try to get Henry. lol.

Tracy, I am so glad Cody is doing better today. Yes Cody, blue boxes, 'that place' and cones are all evil!! I am glad he seems to have avoided it. Of course the weekend is here (that's when they decide to play with mommy's head and worry us the whole weekend becuz they puke or something!!

Thankfully the snow shovel has not needed to make an appearance...but, when it does, I may be ummm bitchslap2.gif some folks in warm climates!!!

wbd3.jpg

CODY! Quick, come here! The girls are fighting over you!!!  roll.gif
LOL, now I'm having flashbacks to 6th grade, when someone would yell "GIRL FIGHT!!!" and we'd all go running over to watch the hair-pulling and the face-clawing.  laugh.gif

Ah, yes, weekends were made for...last-minute vet appts?? Ack! No!  wacko.gif But that's usually the way it works out, doesn't it. I think they save up their puking, urinary infections, and etc. for the weekends. Or late nights. I can think of 3 bladder infections - 2 for Orion and one for Cody - and all of them happened either on Saturday, or 10:30 at night. Geez! They love to mess with our heads.  wacko.gif

LOL, you can have our heat. It makes me feel worse. I've always been real heat-sensitive, but I could deal with the snow shovel. Trade ya!  biggrin.gif

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 769 posts
I think they save up their puking, urinary infections, and etc. for the weekends. Or late nights.

Isn't that the truth Tracy!  I'll never forget Teddie's first urinary blockage, it was a Friday night in January (brrrrr) and I was out with the girls, didn't get in until about 3 am, and my hubby said, "go look at Teds, there is something wrong"..tracked the cat down and he was in obvious distress.  Packed him up and ran him to the only emergency clinic at the time which was over an hour away.  That was an exhausting night!  

How is Cody today?  I hope he is still feeling better.  That cone picture is a hoot.  

Oh, and Cindy........... bitchslap2.gif  you know what that is for........ smokin.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Laura IMOM @ Oct 28 2006, 05:50 AM) View Post

Isn't that the truth Tracy!  I'll never forget Teddie's first urinary blockage, it was a Friday night in January (brrrrr) and I was out with the girls, didn't get in until about 3 am, and my hubby said, "go look at Teds, there is something wrong"..tracked the cat down and he was in obvious distress.  Packed him up and ran him to the only emergency clinic at the time which was over an hour away.  That was an exhausting night!  

Oh geez Laura! 3 AM in January - that's was worse than Orion's 10:30PM trip to the emergency vet for a UTI. And he wasn't even blocked, but was urinating blood. I was only 20 yrs. old and a less experienced CCL...I panicked when I saw the bloody pee, and rushed him in.

I think Cody is OK. I was worried: after getting his fluids, he wouldn't touch his chicken treat. Then when it was time for pills, he didn't seem interested in the Pill Pockets. I thought, uh oh, I hope he's not deciding that he hates there now. He half-heartedly picked one up in his mouth a couple of times, then dropped it onto the floor...I got to pick up a saliva-covered Pill Pocket and hand feed it to him...yech!!  wacko.gif He wouldn't even take the other pill so I had to force it down his throat...he spit it up 2 or 3 times - ugh! And he wouldn't eat a bit of food. I then went upstairs to tell hubby it was dinnertime, and I mentioned how worried I was about Cody...

...and that's when hubby confessed that he had given him a lot of chicken a few hours ago. He bought one of those rotisserie chickens at the grocery store for his lunch, which he ate around 3-ish...I knew he had given Cody some chicken, but I thought it was just a little. He confessed: it was more than "just a little"  wink.gif

So here's another goofy thing that Cody likes to do: he likes to get in the vertical blinds of a sliding glass door and soak in the sun's rays. Yes, in the blinds! He gets right up against the door and soaks up whatever sun he can get. Today, he was there, even before the sun started streaming in...I guess he was anticipating it, just like a little kid waiting up on Christmas Eve, hoping to see Santa Claus.

Here's the goofball:

[attachmentid=869]

Attached Files

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,233 posts
Aw Cody, have ur mommy open the blinds for u--or do u think u are hiding??? U look so cute!!

I hope Cody is better today, and takes his meds like a gentleman in the pill pockets, and also eats some chicken...ummm what u feed him so u know how much he is getting. That chicken ur hubby was eating is good!

Tracy u had an interesting sixth grade with the "girl fights". Whoa--never saw that before!! I am sure u never were involved in any way with such a thing! bitchslap2.gif

Chin rubs and scritches to Cody!

Edited by k9sign, 29 October 2006 - 12:37 AM.

Posted Image

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
QUOTE(Tracy IMOM @ Oct 29 2006, 12:02 AM) View Post

...and that's when hubby confessed that he had given him a lot of chicken a few hours ago. He bought one of those rotisserie chickens at the grocery store for his lunch, which he ate around 3-ish...I knew he had given Cody some chicken, but I thought it was just a little. He confessed: it was more than "just a little"  wink.gif
Tracy, I shouldn't laugh but..........  roll.gif  So the problem is not with your special needs baby, it is with his chicken co-dependent.   laugh.gif

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Tracy u had an interesting sixth grade with the "girl fights". Whoa--never saw that before!! I am sure u never were involved in any way with such a thing!

LOL Cindy, I thought the exact same thing. What kind of a scrappy school did she come from? Never witnessed that myself!

Tracy, that picture of Codie is ADORABLE! He really is a character cat who obviously has your husband as wrapped around him as you. laugh.gif

Cindy, Hate to say it but as Tracy says, Cody loves EVERYBODY and since you were gone a few days and I wasn't well.... We couldn't help it - IPB Image Oh Cody Dear, here's another IPB Image

Tracy, Hope Cody's better tomorrow and not spewing pockets!

heart.gif

Martha Jane

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Cody is so adorable, that is so wonderful of you to take him in and become his Guardian Angel. Angel15.gif

As I read some of the other threads, Teddie, Tucker & Justice I can't get over how many animals have illnesses just like humans and what you as parents go thru to take care of your furry-ones is very very heart warming.
heart.gif

Edited by Diana C. IMOM, 29 October 2006 - 06:04 PM.

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
Tracey,
your husband had no choice I'm sure Cody had him backed up against the wall .
The poor guy was probably scared to say no wacko.gif who can resist the smell of a hot  chicken  fresh  for the store. it was either chicken or consequences smokin.gif
p
and the boy

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
peeing.gif  According to his Auntie Paula, Cody is a poultry thug.  LOL

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Kim @ Oct 28 2006, 10:41 PM) View Post

Tracy, I shouldn't laugh but..........  roll.gif  So the problem is not with your special needs baby, it is with his chicken co-dependent.   laugh.gif

Oh heck yeah, it's ALL his fault  wink.gif That darned chicken co-dependent!! (LOVE that name, btw)  roll.gif Why, I oughtta  bitchslap2.gif  bitchslap2.gif him good!! But, like Cody's Auntie Paula said, he probably stood no chance when the chicken thug smelled that fresh-from-the-store baked chicken. He is so bad, lol.

IPB Image

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(k9sign @ Oct 28 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

Tracy u had an interesting sixth grade with the "girl fights". Whoa--never saw that before!! I am sure u never were involved in any way with such a thing! bitchslap2.gif

Gosh, Cindy, both you and Martha Jane never saw girl fights...I did come from, um, not the nicest side of town, lol. I never got involved in any of the  bitchslap2.gif but I got to see lots of girl fights.

Cody gave a better attempt tonite to eat his Pill Pockets, but he seemed to have a harder time than usual chewing them. And I only use about half of the "dough" stuff, and pinch off the other half and roll it into a ball as a treat, because he seems to have a hard time chewing a whole one. What with his 4 teeth and all...but usually he can deal with the 1/2. Not tonite. With some difficulty, he eventually got the Elavil down but not the Pepcid...and that's the smaller of the 2 pills  huh.gif So I popped his mouth open to check for tooth/mouth problems. None that I could see. And he did eat well. So I think he's OK.

He thanks all his auntie's for the kind thoughts, and for stopping by  heart.gif He luvs u all  wub.gif

hugs.gif

Edited by Tracy IMOM, 30 October 2006 - 02:09 AM.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Diana C. IMOM @ Oct 29 2006, 03:00 PM) View Post

Cody is so adorable, that is so wonderful of you to take him in and become his Guardian Angel. Angel15.gif

As I read some of the other threads, Teddie, Tucker & Justice I can't get over how many animals have illnesses just like humans and what you as parents go thru to take care of your furry-ones is very very heart warming.
heart.gif

Aw, thank you, Diana, for the kind words. And that's very cool that you stopped by. Cody loves all the folks who drop by to say hello. He's such an affectionate boy. That's one thing that really amazes me. All of my kitties have been sweet, but by far the sweetest and most loving, affectionate ones are usually the former abuse victims (and one I suspect was abused but never knew for sure.) It's amazing to me that after all the unkindness of humans that they endured, their love and trust in humans still shines thru brightly.  heart.gif

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
We  heart.gif Cody pictures and stories!  My girls are starting to  bitchslap2.gif over him.  Cooper says he'll eat chicken with Cody any day.

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 769 posts
Cody gave a better attempt tonite to eat his Pill Pockets, but he seemed to have a harder time than usual chewing them. And I only use about half of the "dough" stuff, and pinch off the other half and roll it into a ball as a treat, because he seems to have a hard time chewing a whole one.

Aren't they huge?????  I was surprised at how big they are.  Syl seems to have no problem with them, but then again she is a really good eater.  My girl loves her food. laugh.gif   I have to give Rusty a worm pill tonight, and they are huge, I'm going to see if I can sneak it piece by piece in some pillpockets...wish me luck.

We had lots of "girl fights" in Jr. High School...they are really nasty, way worse than boy fights.

Aren't affectionate boy kitties the BEST?  Cody is amazing, especially considering where he came from.

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Juli IMOM @ Oct 30 2006, 04:30 AM) View Post

We  heart.gif Cody pictures and stories!  My girls are starting to  bitchslap2.gif over him.  Cooper says he'll eat chicken with Cody any day.

Aww, now girls, no need to  bitchslap2.gif over Cody...he loves EVERYONE!  wub.gif
Cody would love to eat chicken with Cooper. He just might steal my KFC coupons and my wallet and take a road trip down to GA  wink.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Laura IMOM @ Oct 30 2006, 07:20 AM) View Post

Aren't they huge?????  I was surprised at how big they are.  Syl seems to have no problem with them, but then again she is a really good eater.  My girl loves her food. laugh.gif   I have to give Rusty a worm pill tonight, and they are huge, I'm going to see if I can sneak it piece by piece in some pillpockets...wish me luck.

We had lots of "girl fights" in Jr. High School...they are really nasty, way worse than boy fights.

Aren't affectionate boy kitties the BEST?  Cody is amazing, especially considering where he came from.

Yep, Pill Pockets are huge. Tonight, Cody didn't show any interest in them. So I got to stuff both pills down his throat.  wacko.gif I'm going to try some other things, though - on Sissy's thread, Lynette mentioned coating a pill in butter. Cody loves salty stuff and has tried eating margarine out of the tub before, so I think I'll try that next. CATS!! Just when you think you've got them figured out...

Laura, this is probably belated now, but good luck with Rusty's worm pills. I hope he likes the Pill Pockets.

Oh gads, girl fights sure are nasty, much worse than boy fights.  bitchslap2.gif

I love affectionate boy kitties. They are so sweet!  wub.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Cody wants to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!!!

I think some of the IMOM volunteers have seen this one and heard the story, but for folks who haven't...

A couple of years ago, my department at work had a team-building event where we carved pumpkins. My team kept insisting that I take the pumpkin home - why, I don't know. But no one else wanted it, so I took it home...and Cody dug out some of its insides and ate it!

Here's are some pics.

Digging in:

[attachmentid=903]

Hmmm, what's inside this thing...

[attachmentid=904]

Delicious!!!

[attachmentid=905]

Have a safe and happy Halloween, everyone!! Critters and people alike!!

Attached Files

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Oh Tracy, those are sooooo cuuuuute!!

We ALL LOVE CODY TOO! wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

Sure wish you could make it back up here!

Martha Jane and Crew

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
OH

MY

GOD!

peeing.gif  Tracy!! I needed a Bladder Alert for those pics!!

To think of what we go through to get our cats to eat canned pumpkin when they need fiber.....  Apparently we should just give them the real thing.  laugh.gif

So, does Cody have his own pumpkin for Halloween this year??

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Too funny Tracy!  No Jack o lantern has a chance with Cody!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Love the pumpkin pix! Cody and his personality both just crack me up.

I had a kitty once who loved to eat canned peaches. My kitty Caine once ran up to my husband, who was eating a burrito, and chomped a huge bite out of it (hence one of his nicknames, "Burrito Snatcher.") But snacking on PUMPKIN? Cody is a hoot!

Laurie

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,233 posts
ROTFLMAO!!! Those pics show the true Cody character!! What a hoot!

So..did Cody get his very own pumpkin--so he can make himself a pumpkin pie??
He is too cute Tracy.

Don't think Martha Jane that I didn't notice u blatantly TRYING to steal my little guy.  Hearts are nice--but when I told him abt us having chicken on Sunday--well he practically fainted!!

Chin rubs for Cody!!!
Posted Image

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
look  at that sweetheart helping mommy clean out the pumkin.I wonder if it tasted like CHICKEN Happy Halloween Cody
p
and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj, 31 October 2006 - 05:56 PM.

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 769 posts
Laura, this is probably belated now, but good luck with Rusty's worm pills. I hope he likes the Pill Pockets.

Thanks Tracy....but Rusty's stoopid mom decided since the pill was so small and Rusty only weighs 6 lbs, well, how tough could it be to just pill him???  Both Chris and I sustained wounds....I got the pill down in one swift motion then the boy just FLIPPED OUT!!!  Next time I'm trying the pill pockets first... laugh.gif

Have you tried both flavors of Pill Pockets with Cody?  Could he be tired of one flavor already?  Also I've heard that some cats LOVE the canned squirt cheese.  That putting just a tiny bit on a pill will get them to eat it..  Course my guys don't like it.  Cats are just so finicky....... stripekitty.gif

OMG!!  Those pictures of Cody with the pumpkin are too funny!!!  I go to a pumpkin carving party every year and we brought home our carved pumpkin Saturday night, we left it in the garage because I was afraid the cats might mess it up...... catwatching.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Cindy and Kim, I didn't get Cody a pumpkin this year...I used to do a jack-o-lantern every year when Orion was still alive, though. He had megacolon. I mixed pumpkin into his canned food. Cindy, Cody probably would eat pumpkin pie if I made one for him smile.gif

I had a kitty once who loved to eat canned peaches. My kitty Caine once ran up to my husband, who was eating a burrito, and chomped a huge bite out of it (hence one of his nicknames, "Burrito Snatcher.")

Hi Laurie - that cracked me up!!! roll.gif Peach-eating kitty and a burrito snatcher to boot! What kitty characters!!! smile.gif

Oh geez...tonight I thought Cody was going to scare all the trick or treaters. We don't get many here because it's a gated community of townhouses...mostly we just get kids from inside the complex. We got 2 groups of kids. The first 2 kids rang the bell when I was upstairs, so I ran downstairs and answered the door, not paying a whole lot of attention to anything else. A little princess proclaimed, "Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat."  laugh.gif It wasn't until after I had closed the door when I realized...

*sniff sniff*

...suddenly I could smell something a lot worse than feet  roll.gif OMG, Cody had taken the nastiest poo!!! The whole downstairs reeked like an outhouse! I wonder what those poor kids were thinking!  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

No other signs that would make me think IBD at this point...it wasn't really diarrhea, just soft, discolored (and horrid-smelling) stool  wacko.gif Maybe I should have taken that kid up on her offer to "smell my feet" lol  roll.gif

IPB Image

Tracy and smelly Cody  stripekitty.gif

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
QUOTE(Laura IMOM @ Oct 31 2006, 04:52 PM) View Post

Thanks Tracy....but Rusty's stoopid mom decided since the pill was so small and Rusty only weighs 6 lbs, well, how tough could it be to just pill him???  Both Chris and I sustained wounds....I got the pill down in one swift motion then the boy just FLIPPED OUT!!!  Next time I'm trying the pill pockets first... laugh.gif

Have you tried both flavors of Pill Pockets with Cody?  Could he be tired of one flavor already?  Also I've heard that some cats LOVE the canned squirt cheese.  That putting just a tiny bit on a pill will get them to eat it..  Course my guys don't like it.  Cats are just so finicky....... stripekitty.gif

DOH!!! Laura, I hope yours and Chris' wounds aren't too painful. Yikes! Yeah, definitely go for the Pill Pockets first next time smile.gif

I haven't tried the chicken flavor yet. I saw those online yesterday and I am going to get some. Petco only had the salmon flavor. I think the little booger-head very well could be getting a little tired of them, although hubby, who pilled him this morning, said that Cody ate his pill with no problem. This evening, I didn't think he would. I dropped the first one on the floor and he sniffed it and rejected it. Then hubby picked it up and hand-fed it to him - that worked. Go figure  laugh.gif

Squirt cheese is a great idea. Cody loves cheese!  wub.gif I'm getting lots of good ideas here on the forum...thanx everyone! smile.gif

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Tracy, that is one grreat Halloween emoticon!

Cody, Cody Pumkin eater, couldn't let a day go by without slippin you some chicken, even more up here when you get to Montana. They might be pretty hard as it's cold here but you can still mouth your way through them. We don't really need to let Cindy know all that goes on between us. You just keep letting her THINK she's your #1. Here's you chicken sweetie! IPB Image

Laura, I hope you and Chris heal quicklly. Was Chloe coaching again?

Martha Jane and Crew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users