Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Layla Poinelli

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
QUOTE (MikesMom @ Mar 22 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and his leg actually looks like it's almost 100%. Even going potty didn't seem to tighten it up. It looks like my being a mean mommy and not letting them play has helped him.

LOL...you?? A mean mommy?? Impossible!!

I hope you two had a wonderful holiday and spent lots of time cuddling together and being thankful for what we have been blessed by. I went to my SO's moms and it was very nice. We talked about the kids (she has a dog too, Zachariah) and how God has blessed us with them and opportunity to care for them. (Her dog too, has had a few problems). We were just so amazed that God has allowed for these considerations in our lives. Easter was a true blessing this year. I spent the Sat. prior with my neice and nephew. We went to a community Easter Egg hunt/lunch/activities. It was funded by the church so it was all free and the kids had a blast!

I will be checking on you three as soon as I can. I have to run (Im at the school sneaking this on their comp.) to my next class but I will be back tomorrow. If you have a moment, check out DC's thread in CCC. I uploaded some new pics of the kids wink.gif

Hugs to you and your krew! I hope that today is another great day for Mr. Mike. We are praying for no clots and a healing/healed leg. Give Katie my blessings too, and as always Joanna, you are in my thoughts and close to my heart.

Gabs
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Hey Gabby...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Mine was great too. Church in the morning and then to my brother's for dinner... and then home to my babies.

I love the pictures.... especially the one with DC on guard on the porch, and sweet Layla all covered and cozy. Thanks so much for posting them.

Mike's leg is getting better every day (again).. hopefully it will give him no pain at all very soon.  We haven't had any clots in the last couple of days.. thank God... but now he's gotta go pee every ten minutes.. seems like his bladder is having a problem holding it... I'm hoping that this passes soon, but at least I know the flow is good, and there's no clots in the way.

Give lots of lovin to all the furkids

Within the heart of every stray
Lies the singular desire to be loved.

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Has anyone heard from Gabby?  She said she might have to have C-Spine surgery, and I haven't heard from her since then. I'm worried about her. She had given me her phone number a while ago, but I can't find it.

If anyone has her number, can you please e-mail it to me or send me a PM, or call her and see how she is.

Love You Gab and sending prayers that you're all right.

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Does anyone have Gabs phone number? I had it but can't find it. I'm really worried about her and would like to try to get in touch with her. Please send me a pm or e-mail if you have it.  Thanks.

Gabs.. I pray you are all right. I'm sending up prayers for you every day.

Sending Loads of Love

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Just wanted to let everyone know.  I found Gabs' phone number and tried calling her twice yesterday... got an answering machine both times. I'm praying she's all right since I think she had the c-spine surgery, and we haven't heard from her since.  Please say a prayer that she's doing well and maybe just doesn't have a computer to post from.

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Just want to let everyone know that I got hold of Gab's Grandfather.. what a nice man. The number I found wasn't her house but his. He said he didn't have her phone # (might not want to give it out... don't blame him).   He said she hasn't had the surgery yet and said he talked to her about a week and a half ago and will give her my message when he talks to her.  I told him to let her know we're all worried about her.  I'm so glad she's all right. I wish she would have written or something, but at least I know she's alive and still mobile.

Waiting to hear from you Gabs.  We miss you!!

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
How very thoughtful and sweet. Im truly touched by your concern and caring. No, no surgury yet,I decided to try the injections and they make me feel great for a few days and then I feel worse after that. I wanted to give them a shot to see, but my pain has gotten worse. I dont mean to cause worry, I thought I was back. I had about a week and a half of feeling great but then I had some serious side effects. I went back to work to find my position was no longer available, as was my office. So long story short,  I got pushed out of my position. Yay... :( But I am trying to get back on my feet and its hard because I have migranes all the time and lots of pain. Ive actually been bedridden for the past few days with back spasms in my tendons and ligaments due to the shot (bad reaction Im guessing). So, one more shot and then if that doesnt work, surgery is the last option. Good news with that is my symptoms will be gone but the bad news is I have a fifty percent chance of still having pain in my neck and shoulders and the headaches too. They discovered I have severe gastroparesis and that is what caused all of my stomach problems so now Im being tested for diabetes since the two almost always go hand in hand.

On a positive note...Layla is doing well. She had a few days where her leg was bothering her but she is doing so fantastic with her running and jumping and playing. She has a new friend, Shanti, a friends boston terrior/french bulldog mix. They play for hours without stopping. Layla acts like a puppy when she is around. I have some pics but Im sure it will be awhile before I can upload them. Im using a friends laptop right now and borrowing someone's wireless connection so I could poke my head in and say hello. DC is great too, we've spent lots of time bonding and he is getting less and less agressive. I can now pick him up and move him around and sometimes I can pet his all the way down to his tail and under his chin!!! AMAZING huh??

Be back soon, I hope smile.gif Then I can tell you all about the dogs that I rescued and placed in the midst of all this tongue.gif

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
Gabs, its so great to hear from you. I'm so sorry that the shots aren't working. And I can't believe they just shoved you out of your job. all my thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that if you do have to have the surgery its successful. I'm so glad Layla is doing great and DC too. What wonderful news for him. Tigger doesn't like his back end touched either and he's quick to let you know it too. Glad DC is finally coming around.

Can't wait to hear about the rescues!!!!
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Oh Gabs... I'm sooooooooooo glad to see you here.  You scared the begeebers out of me.
I'm really sorry about all the pain you're going through, and I know the shots are no picnic either (especially if they don't work).  You're way too young to have all these problems.  I wish I was there for you to give you a big hug.

Please e-mail me with your phone number so I can call you.

Sending loads of love and hugs

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
My lil angel face just completed the switch over to senior food :( I probably should have done it sooner but I really didn't think about it. I give her supplements and the vet says she is doing great so I guess I didn't think about the benefits of it. She is doing wonderfully though and likes her new food. Its Wellness Senior and her stomach has been feeling great! For awhile she wasn't doing so hot with her old food and her stomach was upset all the time, she even had a few accidents. So, we made the switch and wala! Good as new wink.gif

The cold weather really makes it hard for her to use her back leg but she is still romping and running! She loves all the sticks on the ground from fall and the wind and she is constantly eating them smile.gif

Other than that, all is the same. We moved into my parents for a few months to catch up on bills. Still no luck with a job but luckily I do get unemployment. DC has been at my sisters for over a week doing great too! More later, gotta go!

Love
US

MikesMom

MikesMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,573 posts
Just had to stop in for a minute and say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I'll try to post on Mike's blog tomorrow... just gonna try to get in tonight to as many as I can to wish you all the most wonderful of Christmas blessings.

Love & Hugs

By the way... Don't disappear on us again!!!!

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
Well, we are off, again! This is moving week and I finally got back into my OLD apartment. It's on the second floor but I'm hoping that Layla will relearn how to do steps again. The cold weather gave her a couple of bad days but its been mostly warm so its not been too bad. We got her on senior food (Yikes!) and she gets glucosamine and chondroiton. We were also thinking of trying this new vet too, although I like the holistic vet very well. It's just that I get so nervous about her not having her shots that I kinda panic when she comes near other dogs. It's just that they gave her a waiver at the vets so she doesn't require them anymore. I thought it was a good thing but it makes me nervous too. I make sure that she doesn't get in contact with dogs that don't have their shots but we are moving back toward the lake that she loves and I want to take her there often. Has anyone else ever had experience with a holistic vet? Did they require vaccinations? This one does but they said since she has had so many problems that it would be best to not do them anymore. They said her titers should read fine and that if she had her shots annually for the past six years that she should be fine. Again, anyone ever had experience with this?

Other than that, Layla is GREAT! She's been loving it at my parents house since Grandpa gives her bagels every night! Plus, she gets so spoiled! My parents play with her and love on her and my brother does too. They are in the middle of remodeling their house so their floors are pulled up. Lucky Layla, she gets to bring her bed out in the living room! And when I say bed, I mean a whole bunch of comforters piled on top of eachother. That's what she likes. I get her dog beds and she sleeps next to them. LOL

Layla was chasing  a stick the other day and she fell! It was so cute though. She has this tendency to hop like a deer and that's what she was doing! Only she tripped over the stick and ended up with half of her face in the dirt!! Poor puppy was so embarassed she just picked up her stick and walked away! It's odd sometimes to see her get embarrassed. Sometimes she will lose her balance and just sit or she will come barelling into the house and slide and she will just stop and pretend that where ever she is is where she needs to be! Such a funny Layla Ann! Oh I do love her!

She is going to be eight years young this year! Time flies~!

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
Hello IMOM family!

I hope everyone is enjoying this cool weather (well cooler in FL!) and is spending lots of time with their loved ones!

Layla is doing GREAT! She is up to four walks a day and can walk down to the dog park, play, and walk back! She just has so much energy; its GREAT! She's loving this cooler weather and our walks together have turned into runs, which is FANTASTIC! She just got a new collar the other day and its pink and green. It makes her look like a puppy again! She's eating really great. We had about a month or two of pure stomach problems that came out of nowhere. We were told that the food company changed their product a little bit and whatever they did really messed with poor Layla's tummy. Luckily we got some help at the pet store and they recommended Dogs Well and some pumpkin treats. Oh and baby rice cereal smile.gif That stuff really works instantly!! Anywho~ we got her tummy fixed and she is as good as new! She also got some Rimydl and some Comfortis and that's that! We just couldn't get rid of the fleas with advantage or frontline so we tried this stuff and MAN O MAN, miracles!!!

For those of you that know about Mister DC, he is doing great too! He has gotten settled at my parents house and they keep him in their bedroom. Their room is HUGE and my mom spends a lot of time in there (as she works nights) and so does my step dad (his son is 16...ya know how that goes! He runs the house!! banana.gif ) So Mister is quite spoiled now and is LOVING this cool weather! He doesn't go outside anymore either so it's gotten really hard to get people to believe that lil' booger was outside for so many years!!

Me - I'm GREAT! Still dealing with my stomach and my neck but life is good. School is great and I'm currently getting 4 A's and 1 B. Almost done with it, yay!!!

Take care all and I will try to update more frequently. LOvE you IMOM family!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,693 posts
Gabby...SO GOOD TO SEE YOU ON THE FORUM!!!  And, to see that everything is going so well right now.

I hope you are feeling fine...it sounds as if you're doing really well in school...YAY for you...

And, Miss Layla sounds as if she is GRAND!!!

What more could you ask for??

Don't stay away so long...but how nice it was to see you again...THANKS for posting...it was such a pleasant surprise...Hugs, Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,878 posts
How great to "see" u Gabby!!!
I am really happy that things seem to be going so well for everyone!

I do hope u can check in more often-we miss u.

Take care!
Hugs to u, Layla and DC (when u go to ur parents house)
Posted Image

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
Hi Judy and Cindy!! We miss you too!!

Whew...more updates!!

Layla Ann had to go to the vet's on Saturday because she pee'd some blood out :( So they did a urinalysis and the results came back yesterday. Layla has a severe UTI and has to be on a special food for the rest of her life!! It's a specific blend that will alter the pH in her urine to make it inhospitable to the bacteria that causes the struvites (crystals). She is also going back on Thursday for some abdominal x-rays to make sure there are no stones since she had sooo many crystals! We are grateful that it is nothing worse and it's fixable smile.gif

Unfortunately, she's been kinda sick on and off. See, we had her on this GREAT food, Dogswell, but they had a bad batch of food get out and it turned moldy. Of course, we bought a bag from the batch and when we returned it we decided to switch the food so we didn't get a moldy bag again. We switched to Mulligans and I tell ya, that stuff makes a WORLD of difference! It's baked and apparently yummy since Layla gained one whole pound in just one week!!! No by-products, wheat, corn, soy...none of the junk. Amazing difference - you could see her energy levels increased and her eyes got soo bright! BUT - then the UTI so now we have to have her on the Urinary SO. So, three foods in a month and antibiotics and she just doesn't feel so good. But, her urine is yellow again, thank goodness! And of course, we are slowly introducing her to the new food but it's still shocking her stomach a little. And we can't use any baby rice cereal anymore either...a little known secret to eliminating diarrhea!

I don't know if you remember my first foster Jynx. He is a brown tabby and he is about 8 years old. He and Layla were best friends. Well, he was supposed to go to a friends when he was about 2 and he couldn't take him. So I kept him and then one of my best friends fell in love with him and took him. She and him have been together for four wonderful years. Jynxie cat wasn't feeling good and lost some weight so she took him to the vets and they found a sore in his mouth. The biopsy came back positive for cancer and long story short - the vets informed her that it is extremely aggressive and has spread throughout his head. He was given a month. She is staying by his side and making his last days as comfy as possible. Please say a prayer for Jynx, it would mean a lot to us.

I will post more updates soon and let everyone know what happens at the x-rays and with Jynxie cat.

I will also try to stay grounded! smile.gif Miss you all!

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
WELCOME TATIANA!!!

My niece was brought into the world this morning and I am officially an auntie again!!! She was premature and is tiny, weighing only 3 lbs. and 5 oz. and is 15 in long, but her heart is strong!! She is on a respirator and she was born with gastroschisis and had emergency surgery this morning but she is recovering and is stable. We are all so happy she is doing this well and look forward to seeing her grow stronger and stronger each and every day. heart.gif

She is beautiful heart.gif

Just wanted to share!!!

Love,
Gabs

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,155 posts
Right after I posted, Layla got another UTI. It was the oddest thing. She was on medication for her UTI and prescription food but three days after she finished her meds, she was peeing every two hours! So, back to the vet where they diagnosed her with another UTI and gave her more meds. She goes back next week to get another UA and some more bloodwork. Cross your fingers that all goes well.

I don't know what will happen if she keeps getting these UTI's. We give her just the prescription dog food and nothing else, well she gets her meds and cranberry pills, but nothing else. The vet says that the first round didn't rid of the bacteria and that hopefully this round will. She was on amoxi/augmentin and now on Baytril. The Baytril are the neatest pills I have ever seen. You just push on the sides and it breaks the pill in two! Amazing! Anywho - we are hoping that this will rid her of the UTI and they will stay gone!

She is great other than the UTI's. She's sleeping a lot these days but I think it is because we take so many walks during the day! We don't have a backyard right now but we are hoping to move soon into another house. Layla needs a yard! She loves to suntan! She actually goes into the bedroom and lays under the window in the sun during the day! Too cute! She gained some weight and is now almost 50 lbs! My Layla Ann has never weighed that much! She is actually 48.6 I believe but if you recall, when we first came to IMOM, she weighed about 30 lbs! Oh I do love my angel face!!

She hates Dove though..it's kinda funny. Dove is just too hyper for Layla and Dove loves to jump over Layla's head when she is sleeping. So Layla wakes up grumpy and usually moves next to me and stares at the cat. I'm always teasing Layla and telling her that it's her cat and she just lookes at me as if she is saying "I DID NOT ASK for another CAT!" It's true, she didn't...but I just love my Doveykins! She is a wild child though...and Layla is more relaxed these days. They butt heads! LOL

Love
Gabs

I edited this to add - We got the x-rays done of Layla and woohoo! No stones!!!!

Edited by LaylaAnn05, 10 December 2009 - 01:37 PM.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts
Gabs, It's so good to "see" you and Layla again.  

I missed the earlier announcement about Tatiana!!!  Congratulations, Auntie!  How is she doing?

It's seems I am hearing about dogs and cats all over the place with persistent UTI that will not quit.  Come to think of it, people too.  I hope this round of AntiB knocks it for her.  Give her a hug from me.

Paula
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users