Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Layla Poinelli

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

Guest_Amy IMOM_*

Guest_Amy IMOM_*
  • Guests
Diagnosis:  Back injury
Estimated amount needed:  $2013 - $2235.  Applicant can contribute $400.  We need to raise $1613 to reach the low end of the estimate.
When making your donation, please consider a small donation to our Operating Fund to help pay processing charges and other business expenses.
Spayed/Neutered: Yes
Case worker:  Amy

From Layla's Mom:
Layla desperately needs an MRI. Without one, she cannot get the full medical attention she needs. The neurologist needs to determine what is causing the paralysis of her back legs. It could be cancer or a back injury or what is known as FCE. Until we know, I cannot have my baby at home. I have spent over $2,000 so far and currently am paying $150/week to have the vets take care of her. This all happened so suddenly. Usually I am prepared for financial emergencies but this one has drained my savings.  

[attachmentid=276]

Donations should be designated to: EF – Layla Poinelli
www.imom.org/donation/

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Attached Files

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Thank you! Thank you IMOM. I have been so happy all day! I can't wait to share the good news with Layla!!!

Tonight I'm off to make the fliers. My best friend is helping me and even printing them at her job, how awesome! Everyone is doing their part to help : ) Layla has touched so many people. My friends love her and so does my family...she is just so full of life!

Layla has these toys made by Fat Cat Inc. and they are the funniest toys if you have ever seen them...They are made of tough canvas which is great cuz Layla LOVES to tear apart stuff...I think she is desperate to play in snow cuz she throws the stuffing all over the place!!!! These are impossible to tear apart. Some of them she has had for 5 years! This one in particular I'm talking about is the doggie vet. It is a vet with "yucky" medicine (it says that! Promise!) and doggie treats and a stethascope. This is Layla's baby...that's what we call it. She carries around by the head so it looks like she is trying to eat it!!! She brings it everywhere and the vets always get a good laugh out of seeing her carry it! I always try to wash it cuz it gets so dirty around the head but she "pouts" when it comes back clean!   sad.gif
What's even funnier is that when someone comes home, she has to get one of these toys ( the others are called Mean Kitty, Dirty Rotten Kitty and something else, I cant seem to remember...sorry kitty lovers!...but that is what they are called...they all come with a story : ) !!) and she will push herself into your lap and drop it so you will throw it for her, and if you don't and you just put it on the ground, she does it again. She makes you play with her and you just can't help it cuz she is so darn cute!!!

Sorry, that story just popped in my head and I wanted to share it with you. By the time I'm done, you will know her as well as I do!!!!

Thank you all again! It means the world to Layla and I pp_animal_554.gif
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Great first post! I am going to have to check those toys out! Wonder if they'd be Anna proof, too...hmmm...

So is Layla not at home/at the vet's office? Is that total amount needed just for an MRI? I wanted to make sure I had it right and in case anyone else has those same questions.

You've spent quite a lot already! Where did you get Layla from? Any chance her breeders would help out? Any Boxer clubs in your area? Just trying to think of some places that might offer some help.

Good luck in your fundraising. Post often! Take care!
IPB Image

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Jean - I bet those toys would be Anna proof!!! Layla tears EVERYthing apart but she can't tear these apart!!!! They are a little pricey ($15 - $20 ea.) but definitly worth it. They are sooo funny!!! I always tell Layla to go get the Mean Kitty and she will get it and shake it and she likes to let it go when she is shaking it so that it flies in the air....she is soooo goofy!!!!

Yes, she is at the vets. I have to keep her there because I work two jobs and go to school. My mom said she would watch her but she babysits my neice during the day and Layla was having a lot of anxiety with her around BEFORE this, now that she can't get up and run from the kids, she is way worse. Most boxers love little kids but not Layla...she is scared of them.....and balloons.....and bouncy balls, fire hydrants, gutters, but she LOVEs DUCKS!!!!! Theres a funny story for that one : )

The money that we are trying to raise is JUST for the MRI. Until I can get her the MRI, we cannot determine what sort of medical treatment she needs. I spent everything I had doing the basic tests, x-rays, emergency vet visits, medications...she was at home for about three days and she had to be rushed back to the vets so I had to buy a whole bunch of supplies then too, cost about $60 for three days of care at home!!!

Layla came to me right after 9/11. I moved back down here from Boston and moved in with a friend who had a little boxer named Aurora (my parents dog now). I fell in love with this puppy!!! Well, I needed a job and the market was horrible so the only place that would give me a job was the local pet store. When I went to apply, my friend came with me and the pet store owner knows her and told her about a lil boxer puppy she had and was looking for a home for her. Well, I went and checked her out and I fell in love!! I took her out to play and we fell in love. I had to put her back in the kennel and she just started whining and whining. Every day for three days (I worked from 9 - 9 and didnt want to bring her home and into a new environment without me) I spent lunch, breaks and every other possible moment I could with this little bundle of love. Then I got to bring her home, and we have never been apart since!!! So, I am going to ask the pet store tonite if they can help or let me put out my fliers there...they came out sooo nice!!! My best friend's friend does graphic design and he made them for me and WOW! He is also printing them IN COLOR at his job and so is she : )

The breeders? Nah, they wanted to put her down...typical puppy mill I'm sure. It frustrates me so much they wanted to put her down but their loss, MY GAIN!!!

I have been emailing the boxer clubs in Florida and even out of Florida, and some other organizations that were given to me on IMOM and Im hopeful that once I have a diagnosis for sure, then we can get more help if needed. Most of them want the actual diagnosis and I only have a kinda sorta diagnosis.

Ok, so this post is way longer than intended and I have to go back to work, since I started this about 30 minutes ago...its 9:20 am and  I start work at 8:30..OOpS!

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
OK, so now I have some time...here is the duck story about Layla...

Last Oct. I met this guy who had a boxer that looked JUST like Layla at the dog park. They were identical except his was a boy and was about 80 lbs. But he had the same face and the same red stag to his coat....so we hit it off and decided to let the kids meet. Layla is kinda funny about other dogs but she was pretty nice. Even to this day if I mention Copper (the dogs name) she perks right up...she loved her man : ) So we took them to the dog park (where we met, I was jogging, he was walking Copper) and started taking them for these REALLY long walks, 1 time around the lake is a mile, we would go 3,4,5 times. We let the kids lose to run and they would chase eachother and the ducks. Well, Layla decided that she was going to dive into a herd of ducks and chase them into the lake...she hates water...well she chased them all right but she didn't realize that right behind the herd was an edge that was about 5 ft. above the water that just drops, and she flew right into the lake!!! It was about 65 degrees out (cold for her!!!) and the water must have been colder!!!! Poor baby...she came to the edge and I picked her up and she was sooo cold and was shaking...

The next day, I took her to the park and she chased the ducks.... huh.gif

Or heres another duck story...we had this house when she was about 2 - 3 and it was right on the lake...there are tons of ducks on this lake, its a private one so they all hang out there. Well we had one that had babies in the front yard that the cat was DYING to get to...well the cat got out one am and went to the ducks eggs and the duck freaked and the cat chased the duck to the backyard...I ran through the house and the dog followed and she started chasing the duck too! Poor duck was squaking all over the place,....well Nefertiti (the cat) and Layla tag teamed this duck and I finally intervened...the next day I took Layla to play in the back yard and all these ducks came swimming over to my house squaking and walking up the yard to come after Layla!!! It was the funnies thing...poor baby wouldn't go outside for days!!! And if she did, she was so scared and if she heard a duck she would run and hide behind mom's legs : )

There are the duck stories!!! I have tons more stories so if you want to hear, just ask!

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
I'm supposed to be doing my homework right now but I needed a break from Math! Augh! Layla is much better at it than I am...she is so patient. But not me! I hate math...

Talked to the vet - GOOD NEWS! Layla actually stood last nite...she needs help to stand but once she is up she usually totters on her front two paws with support for her back legs but last nite they stood her up and she put just the slightest amount of weight on her back right leg. She still will not use the left one, it just hangs...*sigh*

I miss her so much...I can't wait till we can get the MRI done so I can bring my baby home...she has to stay at the vets cuz if she has a back injury she can't be rowdy and all she ever wants to do is be rowdy...poor baby doesn't know how to be calm...and then of course there is Nefertiti, her partner in crime, who is just going crazy without her buddy...all she does in meow...my neighbors can hear her thru the wall...I'm waiting for them to call the ASPCA or something...LOL

It's really tough going home and seeing the empty food and water bowls...and the toys just laying around...I hate to move them cuz its where Layla left them...her pics are framed and hanging up all over the place and it just makes me want to cry and cry...this really stinks not having her at home...I suppose I doing better than I was at first...Now I can usually make it through the day and get home before I cry...I'm being strong and positive for her but some days are harder than others...I've never been away from her for this long...never more than two days...maybe three...but it was different...

*sigh* Back to school work for now...anyone want to let me borrow a fur-baby for some tutoring???  unsure.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
GREAT JOB posting...

I am so glad to hear that Layla is doing better...

Have you applied to Ortho Dogs??  Do a search for Ortho Dogs and you will see where you can apply for assistance.  They have helped quite a few PINs on IMOM and are a TERRIFIC ORGANIZATION...See if you qualify...you won't believe how wonderful they are...

Remember, the more help the merrier...

Layla is such a sweet girl...the sooner she can get better the happier everyone will be.

Jean had a great idea...can you contact her breeder?  Ask her to tell her boxer friends poor Layla's story...you never know where an angel is lurking...

Can you have a garage/yard sale?  Ask friends, neighbors and relatives to clean out their basements and spare rooms...perhaps a bake sale on the side...put a poster up with Layla's story on it...put out a donation can...even spare change works...

Your love for Layla is STRONG...remember she is counting on you to help her...

also try www.uan.org

Good Luck...I'll keep checking up on you and LaylaAnn...Judy

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
"UAN's LifeLine program cannot pay for any diagnostic costs, such as MRI, office visit or x-rays."

That was in the email from uan.org. I can try to apply, assuming I would need to, when I obtain the MRI and have a diagnosis. That was kinda the biggest wall I ran into in my search. Not having the MRI for the diagnosis, no one is able to help.  I tried healthy pet too but no such luck...I have some free time so I will be up for the next hour or so emailing!!! : )I can't remember if I applied to the ortho org but I checked my email and I don't have any from them, so I am going to try again. Things have been crazy since this happened...it was the 5th of Sept. and I don't think I've had one solid day of rest : ) I don't mind...it's all done for the love I feel for her.

I'm going through the lists I've come across and have been given in the past weeks here. Most of them are for financially assisted people. I usually make too much. I have found some and I am trying to go through the list but like I said, its been so hectic! I try to email at least one a day, but more if I can.

My parents and their best friend and all their friends just did this community yard sale so that kinda scratched that but I'm organizing a BBQ at the beach (or somewhere like that) to get people together..everybody bring everybody kinda thing : ) I have fliers going out to three different vet hospitals and my friends jobs and anywhere I can think of , pet store, convenient store...the people in the community that know Layla and I.

Thank you ALL for all the great ideas...Thank you Judy....It's helping me so much! I've decided to post up stuff about Layla to all the boxer groups I belong to and see if they would like to help..and ask my parents neighborhood association if they will run an add for me in their newsletter...that would be nice... : )

Do you think I could try the breeder? I don't know if I have it cuz I got her through a pet store...she was given to me due to the cataracts...she was diagnosed at 4 months...they aren't surfaced though so she can see mostly...I can look, I keep everything of hers in a folder so I will try that tomorrow nite after I get off work...with two jobs everythings kinda done after work : ) Sometimes at work...shh!

Wow...what a long post! Sorry everyone!! When it comes to Layla, I can't help myself : ) wub.gif

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
oh. i love the duck stories..lol. reminds me of daisy and the rabbit.  speaking of fur babies i got one you can borrow kasha my 16 mth old apbt is currently grounded. the little fink chewed my glasses up yesterday while i was out picking some stuff up. she might enjoy doing math she does after all love the computer. sits for hrs infront of it chasing and licking anything that moves. and daisy just looks at her and rolls her eyes. its so funny.  i have been reading some of the posts of layla and everything that is going on. i have you guys in my thoughts  and have my fingers crossed, i will have daisy and kasha cross paws as well.  beagle kisses for you and layla.
  beagle.gif daisy and gina

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Layla's Mom...you are really doing a GREAT JOB with your posting and updates.  Keep up the good work.  I know it's tiring...you have a FULL plate right now...Know that we are here for you on good and bad days...

I can't imagine going through the lists of all the organizations to apply to.  I'm sure it's overwhelming for you, especially with work, school, trying to post, raise funds and most importantly, checking up on Layla.

If you're limited on time...put Ortho Dogs on the top of the list for organizations to research.  You'll see how amazing they are.  They work beautifully with IMOM and there's been quite a few success stories...

Do an Ortho Dog search and it will take you where you have to go...GOOD LUCK...as I said they are a GREAT bunch of folks.  Hugs to you and Layla, Judy

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Judy....You are truly a blessing. You help me keep my head straight! Your right, its overwhelming trying to do twenty things at once..Sometimes I have to take a moment and clear my head. : )

I just sent oslf an email. I can't wait to hear from them. I am trying to compile a list of all the groups I have contacted. I should have just been organized about it from the get go but...CrAzInEsS is my middle name right now. I also joined the Ortho dogs group for support as well : ) I saw a few cases of FCE and want more information.

Layla stood AGAIN last nite for about three minutes! That is the longest she has stood... : ) Saturday, her and I have some alone time planned at the vets. I can take her outside and let her bask in the sunshine : ) I cant wait to see her...its been a while...she was getting so depressed when I was leaving and she wouldn't eat or sleep or even drink water. So when she got rushed back, we decided to give it a few days and see....a few days has turned into two weeks almost and Im going NUTS!! But now that she is past the hump, we all think its going to be ok. Wish Layla luck...I hate being away from my baby  : (

I also just realized that no one knows my name!! Its Gabrielle...

Layla sends Kisses for You Judy : )

Kisses for You is actually a game that we play....we sit next to eachother (or her in my lap) and I say Kisses for Me and she kisses my forhead...I say Kisses for You and she bows her head to let me kiss the spot between her eyes : ) Its the cutest spot~!

I really miss her....

I will try to compile that lsit today so I can post it. That way if anyone knows of one I am missing, then they call fill me in! I want to try EVERYthing!!! I have to work two jobs today so Im guaranteed to be in front of the computer till 10 pm tonite : )

Gina, so you said I can borrow a baby???? I might just hold you to it..Algebra and Geometry are not my friends...do you think maybe we can just have Kasha chew up my math book??? That seems much easier than actually doing the homework!!!! I read your rabbit story...How funny!! Isnt it amazing the trouble these kids get into???

pp_animal_554.gif

Edited by LaylaAnn05, 22 September 2006 - 08:27 AM.

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
I'm on the verge of absolutely losing it! Im trying all that I can and every place I seem to email says no, you don't qualify...its soooo frustrating!!! I wish I could bring Layla with me and ask...you can't say no to her face : )

Today is going to be a bad day...I'm so frustrated and I want to take it out on the world..I know that is wrong and I won't...so instead I can feel it just brewing inside and I can't take it...I want Layla back home...I want her to run again...she can chase the ducks, I don't mind...I want Layla...

I am literally in tears cuz I don't know what else to do...

I feel like throwing myself on the floor and kicking and screaming, "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!"... angry.gif

The vet says that if Layla does indeed have a back injury, that everyday that passes could make a positive outcome less and less guaranteed...the longer she is like this, the less they can do...and I dont know what else to do..I'd hate myself if they find out it was something they could have fixed and now can't because I didn't have the money for the MRI... sad.gif

Oslf gave me a big fat no..said her problem is more neurological than anything else...but we don't know that so how do they? Im not mad at them, just frustrated...I was hoping they could help...Now what???

Hang in there Layla...I won't give up.... heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif  heart.gif

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
i really need layla...i am having such a rough day and im miserable and alone feeling...

and now i get to go home to the empty house and feel even more miserable...

i miss layla.... broken_heart.gif

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Gabrielle...I feel so bad for you...we are here for you...when you are frustrated tell us...it's always good to let it out...

OSLF is a wonderful organization...perhaps after the MRI and the diagnosis they will reconsider you if it is an ortho problem.

Keep up the good work, be tough...Layla needs you...your love is strong, breathe deep...your love is showing and people will see that...

Hang in there...it may seem frustrating right now...BUT, it can turn around any minute...BE STRONG for Layla...Hugs, Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,193 posts
Gabrielle,

I am a PIN mom also, so I can't donate any funds, but many are here that can at least give support and prayers.
They say it's always darkest before the light. I am hoping this is the dark day...and the light is coming for u and Layla.
Layla sounds wonderful, and with u behind her--she has the best chance of all. U sure have done ur part with helping her, esp with ur work and school schedule.

Please angels Gabrielle is doing so much to help raise the money for the MRI. Can u please help Layla?  PLEASE!

Posted Image

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Hi Gabrielle,

Sorry it took me so long to post on Layla's thread.  I enjoyed working with you up until the point of your application.  I planned on taking your case but then something came up which didn't allow me to do so.  

I wanted to tell all the donors what a great Mom you are to Layla.  Your love for her is so evident.  You've done a lot to try to find funding.

Can you tell us how much you've raised so far outside of IMOM?  Perhaps if we get some numbers listed we can see what we have and what we need to raise.

I know you miss your baby.  I hate being apart from mine.  Enjoy your time together tomorrow.

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Hi Gabrielle,

I just finished reading Layla's thread and, although I have a "cat," I can completely relate to what you're going through, believe me I can.

That empty house feeling is so intense, it's overwhelming.  You think you see them out of the corner of your eye and turn around and then you remember.  If I go on I'll only bring out more of the tears you're already shedding.  So, I'll stop here, at least on that subject.

Your love for Layla is so clear, it's so strong.  With love like that Layla will be fighting hard along with you.  Looking for financial assistance is long and hard.  It can be very frustrating.  Just hang in and let no stone be unturned (well, I don't know if that quote is correct or not, but you'll understand).

Be assured that IMOM is on your side; that there really are angels here; and that Layla will have magic come her way. [attachmentid=296] She'll soon be back to being chased by the ducks.

Keep those Layla stories going, they're great to read, and important to be posted.

Today's a rough day.  Tomorrow's another day.  Don't give up!  You'll soon believe in miracles too!  I sure have a miracle by my side and it wasn't that long ago that we traveled that same rough road that you're on right now.  I can't donate, but I can and will pray and go on believing.

I'm long-winded too.  Most of Jade's thread is me writing, writing, and writing.  It's a catharsis Gabrielle, it's very freeing, keep it up!

Oops, just saw you at the bottom waiting to post.  Long wait, huh?  Sorry:-)

Attached Files

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 22 September 2006 - 09:28 PM.

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
I was trying to sneak in a post at work but I had to finish what I was doing : ) So no worries : ) Im at my parents right now using their computer....

It did bring some tears to my eyes when I read that because it is so true...I almost bought her snacks the other day....and I always sing to her in the car and she just looks at me like Im goofy......and now when a song comes on I keep trying to sing to her...

She absolutely LOVES the song Layla...I never even heard the song til way after she was named. My friend helped me name her, she was my first pet and I had no clue...she suggested Layla...I liked it! So, when I found out about the song, I played it for her...she just turned her head sideways and closes her mouth in this cute little way EVERY time they say Layla...she loves the song!! She is to precious.... : )

She does it to when I say Do you wanna...I have a pic of her doing it but its a professional one...I don't know how copyright works...can i post one?? She knows when I say Do you wanna....that means she is getting something....car ride, walk, treat, play, run...all sorts of things : )

Heres another story....

When Layla was a puppy, I took her to the pet store to buy a toy. Having spent two of her four months of life in a kennel in the back of a pet store she didn't know how to play...she would get so scared if I tried...so I took her and she walked through all the toys and we squeezed them all until she found one she liked. It was a pig head in the middle and rope handles on each side so you could play tug of war...

She LOVED this toy....if you pulled it, it squealed (like a pig! ha ha) and it did this three or four times in a row...well she hated it when it stopped...she would get down on the front two paws and whine and whine!!! My dad thought this was funny as could be so he started howling at her everytime she whined....which turned into Layla howling...so then she was doing it EVERYtime it would stop...HOWL!!! pp_animal_362.gif

You know how that finally stopped? You will never believe me but....my parents have this avacado tree in the backyard and there are so many squirrels in it...and they steal the dog toys for their nests....and they took her toy!!!!!  ohmy.gif

Your right...today is just a rough day...I'm going to try and go to bed early...in the midst of all this chaos, I am supposed to be writing a comp essay with THREE other people...which means we have to meet up...try sqeezing that into my schedule....*sigh* So....maybe I will do some comp..I have work tomorrow from 9 - 5 so...I can't do it then...

Yeah, this was a rough day....I havent had one this rough since the days following Layla's paralysis...Soon here I will tell of those days but they are kinda hard for me and theres so much and I already talk and talk....

I love ALL OF YOU!!

JULI, thank you!!! Without you Juli I don't know what I would have done...YOU are an angel  thanks3.gif and Layla sends her Kisses and huggies...she gives huggies by putting her two paws on your lap and bowing her head... hugs.gif

So, far I have the just the four hundred already listed...My uncle sent in a check via mail...he lives in NJ too...so I dont know when that will arrive...and my other uncle is going to let us know tomorrow...I hope...and I have another vet hospital to pass out the fliers to..my friends all work at vet hospitals!!! How luck Layla and I are... : )

which reminds me...what would be the easiest way to inform people how to donate for Layla..or any animal...I thought you could from their PIN page but you cant....and it took me awhile to figure out where was the best way to do it...

Im getting ready to call the vet again, they should have a weight for me tonite...lets all cross our fingers and paws and pray she has gained some of that weight back...she lost ten lbs...

Jade Silverman's mom...You made me feel so much better after reading that...its these rough days that just seem so long and dreadful...I want to go to sleep and wake up when its all done.

But Like k9sign said...Im hoping for the light...Thank you for your caring words...I really appreciate it...

Thank you for your support ...if I didnt mention you above...its only cuz Im tired and my eyes are burning...I think its time for bed...

Gabrielle and Layla Ann : )

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Layla still hasnt gained any weight...but she hasnt lost any either...she is at 33.5 lbs...pretty tiny for a boxer...course she is only 17" tall but still... : )

She was throwing up yesterday and apparently the day before...which I wasnt told about....and had some diahrrhea (sp?)...they decided to run a fecal on her which turned up postitive for coccidia...poor baby....she is back on can food too..but she didnt throw up at all today (so far)...maybe she knows Im coming today and feels better...oh I hope so! I cant imagine having diahrrhea and throwing up and not being able to walk...she has to just get sick laying down or sitting.. sad.gif

More updates later...I have to go back to work before they catch me : )

FEEL BETTER LAYLA! I hope getting to see me makes her feel better...she loves her mommy!

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Gabrielle,

Jade's thread is much too long for you to read, but there are so many similarities.  Not their illnesses necessarily (and Jade sure isn't a dog!), putting all that aside, we are sisters.

I'm so glad that I'm here (and Jade is here) to support you.  Thank you Cindy (K9sign) for directing me to this thread!

Support is so strong here you'll be stunned.  It gives us all the opportunity to maintain our strength; no, it gives us additonal strength, and promise.

Hang in!  No matter what emotion or thought or fear you have, there are parents here who can encourage you based on their own experience.  Let it flow on Layla's thread.

I entered the lowest, darkest place possible, the "thread bearers" pulled me out and gave me hope.  Jade made it through when vets were sure she would not!  I hung in and prayed for a miracle.  Miracles DO happen here, love is a constant.

Angel15.gif Angels, Layla needs her MRI now.  She is suffering and wanting to be back with her mom.  You provided so many miracles for so many of us.  We are all so grateful.  We are getting to know Layla more and more each day.  We want her to have the second chance she deserves.  Please help Layla she is such a good soul.  Thank you! Angel15.gif

Gabrielle, please call me Francine, but I will always be "Jade's Mom"! four.gif

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 23 September 2006 - 12:40 PM.

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Just wanted to wish you well. I'm also a PIN parent and can not help, but we are still cheering for you!  It's really good to hear that Layla at least has not lost any more weight, didn't get sick yesterday, and most of all that you get to see her today.  I hope it goes well.

Hang in there Layla!

Martha Jane

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
gabrielle,
im sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you i have been busy trying to get things together for my sale next weekend. i have to say reading your posts i feel a little guilty. i have daisy here with me at home and doing so much better and we still dont even know what caused her problem i feel almost like i have taken so much from layla. she is beautiful. and says so much with her loving eyes. you can see that in the pictures that you have posted. you have to be so strong right now but please rember that god will put nothing on your shoulders that you can not handle. keep up the wonderful work you are doing great!!!

ANGELS PLEASE FIND IT IN YOUR HEARTS TO HELP LAYLA SHE IS SUCH A GEORGOUS GIRL YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL AND HAVE DONE SO MUCH FOR SO MANY PEOPLE. BUT THIS LIL LADY NEED ALL SHE CAN GET RIGHT NOW. AND JADES MOM SAID IT BEST SHE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE. beagle.gif  

gabrielle i will have you in my thought tonite most strongly. as well as in my prayers.. give layla a kiss for me would ya.  

gina and daisy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,193 posts
Hi Gabrielle,

I am so anxious to hear how ur visit went with Layla!!! It's good news that at least her weight is staying stable.
I love reading stories abt Layla.
Hey, guess what!--U know Judy has been writing u a lot. Well I was with Judy and Kay today!! Kay lives in VA and Judy lives in Ohio like me, although a couple hours away. But they came here and spent the day with me and my PIN pups. It was a wonderful day. I know they had a long day and were heading for bed very early--so that's why she isn't here today. But we did talk abt u and Layla--so u are definitely in our thoughts.

Hang in there!
Cindy
Posted Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
There is someone on the GSD board who from her posts seems to be a very big hearted and kind person. She used to breed boxers (and responsibly so). I am going to ask her if she could send this thread and the PIN page around to some Boxer people. I hope your visit went well!
IPB Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Gabriella, I hope that your trip to visit Layla went well..I know that you are missing her so.

Jean, THANKS for cross posting Laya's thread to your friend...

Poor Layla needs our help.  Her Mom  is doing a TREMENDOUS job trying to raise outside funds...and she's having trouble getting help from other organizations.  That's stressful for her...we need to help her keep her moral up!

Let's see if we can help her get Layla her MRI...then we can go from there to see what treatment she needs...

Hugs to you and Layla...Judy

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
As Cindy pointed out, I have just returned from a wonderful weekend visiting friends, and enjoying Judy's very kind hospitality (and lots of good food).  Normally, I would send some flowers or something to say thank you to Judy for being so nice and letting me stay in her home, but I know that a donation of Layla would mean a whole lot more to her.  So my donation -- and a big thank you to Judy -- is on its way..

Hugs (very gentle ones) to your precious puppy.

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Wow! So much going on in here...

Kay -  A BIG BIG THANK YOU! That means the world to me and to Layla..when I go back to visit her tonite (and the vet) I will tell her...hope you don't mind sloppy doggie kisses. : ) Cuz she gonna give em to ya : )

Gina - You have taken nothing from Layla, only given. Your kind words and thoughts are what is helping us through this. I'm glad Daisy is at home and feeling better...any news on what was wrong with that lil' angel? Give her kisses and hugs from us : ) And a big thank you to both of you for having us in your thoughts.

Jean - Thank you as well!!! That is awesome news. The more people hear about her, the better! I truley appreciate it and I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to help us. THANK YOU: )

Cindy - Thank you for all your kind words. Whenever I am feeling a little upset, I go back to your words and realize that finding IMOM and all of you, are the beginning of Layla's brighter days : )

Martha Jane - Thank you for the warm wishes, especially taking the time to post for Layla when you must be sooo busy with your baby too : )

Francine - Where is your thread at? I can't seem to find it....but Im going to look again...And I would LOVE to read about your baby...I have a kitty at home that is my heart as well...although Layla and I are much closer... : ) Thank you for everything...you have lifted my spirits with your kind words.

hugs.gif

More in a few moments...dinner is ready and I need to eat : )

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Gabrielle, I want you to know that I have sent in a donation for Layla also...Wasn't that just the sweetest thing of Kay?  She knows me so well...flowers would have been beautiful but a donation to Layla meant so much more to me...

How is Layla doing?  Is she able to stand any more?

She is such a doll...You are doing a GREAT JOB...be strong...Hugs, Judy

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Ach!  Gabriella, it's a huge thread!

Things are sounding better here, it feels like success is around the corner, the air is heavy with it.  I'll keep checking in on Layla and you.

I'm "Jade's Mom."  When I applied, the first email I received was re: Jade Silverman.  When I first logged in (you have to consider that my brain was centered on Jade), well, I thought you had to follow the email subject, so I logged in as "Jade Silverman's Mom."

She's here under Happy Endings!  It's a pretty heroic story, if I must say so myself.  The odds were not in her favor.  This is a warm, fuzzy place to be and, from my experience, Miracles do happen here!

Thank you IMOM for giving Jade a second chance (I cry as I write), I'm sitting here routing for Layla.  I know you won't let her down!

Francine "Jade's Mom"

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 24 September 2006 - 07:19 PM.

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
Okay...so here is how the visit went...

Last nite I went in and was all ready for my visit but there was an emergency and they needed the surgery room, which is where Layla is. So they told me to call back in about an hour but by then it was late and I fell asleep!!! So I got up this am and went first thing. Oh my! She is sooooo tiny....you can count every bone in her little body....she looks pitiful...like a rescue from a bad situation...

She must have known something cuz as soon as they opened the room, she was already going nuts..maybe she heard mom : ) She was wagging the nub!!!  I was sooo happy to see that...she and I spent some time just cuddling...she was in my lap and she kept kissing and kissing me. I told her all about you guys here and she says thanx...she gives you all high fives!!! When it was time to take her back, she whined so bad...It broke my heart but I had to leave...but everyone went in to take care of her...I just miss her...i was in tears leaving her...they said her improvement is phenomenal compared to where she was originally...they said if worse comes to worse, she makes an excellent candidate for a cart...but I want her to run on all fours again...and chase her beloved ducks...

The vet tech was telling me how they all adore her!! She gets to spend time on a blanket in the reception area at night when its calm and they all ooh and ahh over her..everyone takes their breaks with her, taking her outside and walking her...she really does try to take off!!!

Im on my way in a few minutes to go back to visit so I will have more to tell about!

And possibly another story....stay tuned! : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users