Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Daisy, a Beagle needs our help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
Yay!!!  banana.gif Glad your yard sale was a success and glad Daisy is back to feeling like Daisy again : ) Now, its your turn. Get some MUCH needed rest : )

I would donate the leftovers to maybe a shelter? I know we have one in st. pete that is an animal adoption/rescue in the back and a thrift store in the front. All sales benefit the animals they rescue smile.gif Its called Friends of Strays. Or you could dontate it to a womans shelter maybe?

OR, just wait until another "rainy" day and you need the money..then pull it out again and have another yard sale.

Now go grab your two babies and get some R & R

Glad Daisy is feeling better...hope you are too!
"What the heart has once cherished, it can never let go."

For my angels Layla Ann and Nefertiti

Charwee

Charwee

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 333 posts
I'm glad to hear that Daisy is doing better!  Wish you both the best!

Rob

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I am so glad that your yard sale went so well...if you made $97.00 something I think you are getting pretty darn close to the funds needed...

Please let everyone know where you stand...I don't want to be wrong about this...

Let us know how much more is needed for Daisy to be all well again...

I hope you are also feeling better from your surgery...

IMOM angels...Daisy's Mom had surgery and then got home and immediately had a yard sale trying to raise funds for Daisy...

Let's get her to all funds raised...PLEASE...Judy

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hey everyone. sorry its been so long since posting..... i  really over did it after surgery. i was so determined not to stay down that i put my self back down i ended up with some infection. wow was i sick i was back in the hospital for a few days. got over that hump finally!! only to have a loss in the family huh.gif how can anyone person have the luck i have had recently. im tired........ i just dont get it. one thing after another after another..... when i get my thoughts gathered i will do some math to see what i still need. at this point i have not had time to think i have been meeting my self comming and going. daisy is doing great and back to her post on the back of the couch in the window barking at the leaves blowing by.lol. happy.gif  werid how them little thing that usually anoy you make you feel good..

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
Good news for Daisy!! IMOM is pledging the remaining money needed to get Daisy to the vet - a big THANK YOU to the Angels that donate and make this pledge possible!!!
Vicky / IMOM

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
thanks3.gif i feel like i cant say this enough.... one less worry for me. i spent the day yesterday with my dad at the hospital he had to have a angiography to find blockage in his heart. we did not recive good news regarding that. this is one less thing on my list to have to be so worried about.... thank thanks thank this is the most wonderful organization in the world and to everyone who has pledged and supported me thru this i will hold you in high regard.  i feel like a simple thank you will never be enough.. daisy and i both send sloppy kisses and big hugs to all. hugs.gif
beagle.gif
daisy and gina

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(vickyimom @ Oct 11 2006, 01:48 PM) View Post

Good news for Daisy!! IMOM is pledging the remaining money needed to get Daisy to the vet - a big THANK YOU to the Angels that donate and make this pledge possible!!!
Vicky / IMOM

Yes, many MANY thanks to our IMOM angels!!!

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
Gina wrote to us to let us know that her Father is in the hospital, and she has extremely limited computer access. She promises to get back to us all soon!
Daisy is doing well, and once Gina's Dad is out of the woods, Gina will make an appt for her spay.
Vicky/IMOM

Charwee

Charwee

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 333 posts
Wishing you and your Dad the best of health. smile.gif

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hi everyone. just a qick note im home to take a shower and head back to the hosptial. life has been really hectic. i explained to vicky my father is in the hospital. i was rather scared for a bit he took a turn for the worse. and they called all the family in. but crossing fingers and praying to god this up swing he has takend over the last few days continues.  that things will get better. and all this while having started a new job a week ago. they have been gracous enough to give me some time off work so i have not been leaving the hospital much. thanks for all the warm wishes. i promise i will touch  base again soon. please everyone bare wtih me. im exhausted...........

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hi everyone. sorry i am having a hard time keeping track of the time. vicky has been diligent in keeping me on my toes. a big thank you vicky, things are about the same with only one other issue now on my plate the transmission went out of my car. just the one thing i dont need right now. so i am trying to line up transportation. bare wtih me folks. i  spoke with the vets office the other day and will call and schedule the spay for daisy. i should have done it when in was on the phone with them but was getting a call from the hospital at the same time. how in the world can any one person take so much. things should be going up and for me they just keep spireling out of controll even more. some one told me that god will not put anything on your shoulders that you cannot handle. but i am beging to wonder i have taken all i can . i have been driving 50 miles to stay wtih my father in the hospital.  and with gas at 2.18 a gal. and now to add the cost of 400.00 not including labor for a used transmission for my car. i feel like im fighting a loosing battle.  please folks bare wtih me.

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
Its true...God will not give you more than you can handle. Unfortunately, we are unable to control all aspects of our life. What we cannot control belongs to fate, destiny and God. All we can do is keep our faith and know that he is there, helping. When you do obtain too much on your shoulders, God is there to help carry you. Even if you dont see it, he is there.

Hang in there...sending positive thoughts your way..

Give Daisy and the rest a BIG HUG from Layla and I....

PS...Good seeing you on here again...We've missed ya!

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
Hi Gina-
I'm so sorry things aren't going well - it seems like when it rains, it pours. I'm sorry right now it's raining on you. I hope your Father is feeling better.
We'll bear with you Gina, no problem, just make sure to post a quick hello every three days to keep Daisy's case open until you can get her appointment.  I know you have ALOT going on - maybe make a note on your calendar to check in with IMOM every Wednesday and Saturday, something like that may help.
Give Daisy some extra hugs for us!
Vicky

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
things are looking up for my father.  i decided i needed a much deserved break and come home for a good home cooked meal, long hot bath, and some quality time with daisy and kasha. they too have been a little neglected in all of this. things were really touch and go for a bit with dad. but the last few days he keeps inproving. and has improved more then the last time. thanks for the kind words and vicky thats a great idea wed. and sat. i have wrote it on a post it note and stuck it to the computer. hopefully it will help. i have made a few calls trying to find a transmission for my car that is cheaper the 400.00 and so far no luck. i have my self a note to call the vets office on monday. see if i can get stink in for a apt. they were kind enough to mail me  her meds as i have not had time to pick them up. i have a friend that has been really great in comming over and spending time with the dogs while i have been gone. she has been a huge help. well folks im off for some rest. thanks again for the kind words.
gina daisy, and kasha

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I am glad to read that things are going better for your Father.  It's SO stressful when you have all of this to deal with...hang in there...it looks as if there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Did you get a chance to see or call the vet to set up Daisy's spay??

Just think, she's just about ALL fixed up and a happy and healthy girl...

Hoping that things are still going well and your Dad can begin his recovery, it may be slow going but it's better...Judy

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hi all. thought i better check in today. things are still on a up hill swing. so much that the surgery he needs is now possible. they were afraid of doing it because he was so bad the for a while. so we see the surgen on tuesday so maybe by the end of the week he will have his surgery then out i a week or so. i hope anyway. thanks you everyone for being so understanding thru all of this. i know that getting daisys spay is very important, and i have not forgotten about that but when given the choice i felt i needed to be there for my father.he has always been so healthy until now. it has made me relize he will not be here forever. wow what a eye opener i guess i just never relized he was getting older he has always just been "dad" the one i called when my car broke down or the one i called when i needed help moving something, or even when i found myself in a really bad relationship and needed to be "resuced" he was the one that was quick to come running. so i guess i kinda owed it to him to be so vigilant at his bedside. i feel like i know some of the nurses better then myself right now. please bare with me everyone. i dont wanna say that im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but things are calming down. he improves just a little more each day. thank god. well im off to get a shower and again thanks for being so paitent wtih me.
gina daisy, and kasha

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
Hi Gina-
Glad things are going better for your Father. We'll hope that they continue to go well! Please just remember to post every few days - it's necessary to do that to keep Daisy's case open - you've come so far, we wouldn't want her case to be closed.
Hope you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with all you have had going on!
Vicky / IMOM

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
omg!! after a few frustrating days of trying to get into the forum im finally here banana.gif  wow. thanks juli for the assistance in getting back in. who knew that it would be so hard..lol... well quick update for all.. dad  has one more major surgery tomorrow. and hopefully we will be back on track.  i cooked and deliverd food to the hospital for thanks giving. as i was telling vicki in a emial wow. dont wanna have to do that again.  it was fun though. we have had so much family come in for all of this that i had forgot about some of them. some i have not seen since i was a child. and im 35 now. so i didnt even know who they were.  i will keep you posted as to how surgery and recovery goes. wish us luck everyone.

gina and daisy.

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hi all. i just got home a bit ago my dad had open heart surgery yesterday. things went well. and so far so good. im in illinois and the weather is getting bad getting ice and suppose toget  snow on top of that. so they made us leave the hospital that is 45 miles away and come home. said we had been there long enough. and that he sure was not going anywhere..lol.i just called and talked to him said they had him up and walking . and finally got him out of icu. so things are progressing well. i just wanted to update everyone as to what was going on.

gina

LaylaAnn05

LaylaAnn05

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,182 posts
QUOTE(momof2 @ Nov 30 2006, 09:08 PM) View Post

hi all. i just got home a bit ago my dad had open heart surgery yesterday. things went well. and so far so good. im in illinois and the weather is getting bad getting ice and suppose toget  snow on top of that. so they made us leave the hospital that is 45 miles away and come home. said we had been there long enough. and that he sure was not going anywhere..lol.i just called and talked to him said they had him up and walking . and finally got him out of icu. so things are progressing well. i just wanted to update everyone as to what was going on.

gina

So VERY glad to hear that things went well and your Dad is up and walking. I'm sure you feel a better too smile.gif Tell him I'm sending a Get Well Soon!

Wow! You cooked for the hospital for Thanksgiving?!? How very kind of you, Im sure it was much appreciated. How many people was it for??

How are you?? Enjoying the snow?? How are the kids?!?

Sending love and hugs...heart.gif

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
QUOTE(LaylaAnn05 @ Dec 1 2006, 07:52 AM) View Post

So VERY glad to hear that things went well and your Dad is up and walking. I'm sure you feel a better too smile.gif Tell him I'm sending a Get Well Soon!

Wow! You cooked for the hospital for Thanksgiving?!? How very kind of you, Im sure it was much appreciated. How many people was it for??

How are you?? Enjoying the snow?? How are the kids?!?

Sending love and hugs...heart.gif

yep i cooked for family that had been sitting diligently in the hospital with us. i cooked for 10 but of course there was some left so we invited the nurses that was on duty that day.  i dont suggest trying to cook and drive food some 45 miles. i made it i dont know how but i did. the snow has started flying there calling for 8 inches buy noon here. and right now we can still see green under the thin layer of ice that is there. i wish it would go away. i have to admit i hate snow..... this is going to make it real hard to get back to the hospital this evening.  the kids are wonderful. feeling a lil neglected im sure i have been on the go so much. i have a neighbor that has been wonderful in assisting with them she lets them out when im not home. and keeps a eye on things for me. daisy is doing wonderful. back to her old lazy self. i come home from the hosptial yesterday and went straight to bed and she climbed under my pillow. her favorite spot. i guess she stays warm there.lol.  thanks for all the kind words and good thoughts  its much apprieciated. at this point im exhusted.....i just function ...

gina and daisy

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hey all. just a quick note to let ya all know the progress of my hectic life..... dad is doing well.. they are talking about him getting to come home.... wow who new open heart surgery could make such a diffrence.... i have been so stressed. that now im getting sick....... just what i dont need. im so exhusted. on the home front daisy is still doing well.. as well as kasha. i come home the other day and lil miss kasha had torn off the dust ruffle on my love seat. i cant be totally angry with her because i have been gone so much. daisy looked at her as if to say... hahaha your in trouble.. it was so funny. ill try and catch up some more but for now gonna hop in the shower and head back to the hosptial..

gina and daisy, kasha too..

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
hey everyone. i have not so good news.  i lost my father today. so i will be gone for a few days. thanks for all the loving support i have recived up until now. thanks
gina

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
Gina, I am so sorry to read this news.  You have my deepest sympathy on  your loss..

carol

carol

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 363 posts
Gina, I'm so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts & prayers are with you & yours.

momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
thanks for the kind words. this is the  first direct loss for me and it has been so hard. i have tried to be so strong for my mom. whos health is not so good either.. i didnt want her to stress too much over the little things. so i have dealt with most of the details. wow. this has been so stressfull. we laid my dad to rest today. under a huge oak tree on the river where im sure he will love it. it was not far from their home. less the 2 miles. its soo peacfull there. this is the first time in a week that i have stoped to take time for myself.. im exhusted. and now have to try and replenish my part of the money that i had for daisys spay. i have missed work and spent so much time in the hospital that i dont know how i can do this. i know i have said that god will place nothing on your shoulders that you cant handle. but i sure didnt want this. and my shoulders and getting heavy. i dont want to think about anymore surprises. he can stop now. my shoulders are full..............

carol

carol

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 363 posts
Oh, Gina, you are stronger than you think you are.  Sometimes I feel like God has a much higher opinion of our strength than we do, though, but in the end I know you'll be strong enough to handle what you need to!

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
Gina-
I am so very sorry about your Father. I know this is hard on you, and your Mother too. Hang in there, and please know that you've made alot of friends here that will be sending good thoughts your way.
Give Daisy a gentle hug for me, I've always found great comfort in my furries, in times of great sadness.
Sending you a hug too.
Vicky / IMOM

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• 866 posts
We've written Gina several times, with no response. We have no choice but to close her case. We all hope that this is a better year for Gina and Daisy, and that Gina is able to get Daisy spayed soon, so she doesn't have to worry about the risks of mammary cancers, pyometra, or accidental litters.
Good luck Gina and Daisy, wherever you are.
Vicky / IMOM

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,226 posts
closed.gif
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users