Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Monty - IMOM PIN - Spinal cord compression

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
copied and pasted from the original forum July 3, 2006

Posted Image

IMOM.org - Community Forum
At Rainbow Bridge
NEWLY RESCUED MONTY-IMOM PIN- RB 4/12/03

Posted Image

Jacki IMOM  
ezOP
(4/10/03 12:22 pm)
ezSupporter
  Re: NEWLY RESCUED MONTY NEEDS HELP FAST!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're working with Monty's mom to find a different vet that will [hopefully] give us a better quote. Please don't let the amount of money needed deter you from donating to Monty.

It all adds up!!

IMOM.org - Helping people help pets

Community Forum

MaryNewell
(4/10/03 1:33 pm)
Reply   Re: NEWLY RESCUED MONTY NEEDS HELP FAST!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It must be hard to loose a loved furbaby and to find that your most recent addition to the family is having medical problems. Your angel or angels will find you soon. Don't give up hope. Obviously since Monty was in foster care for 2 years he was waiting for you. Just as he waited for you and your family, his angel(s) are waiting for him. They will find him soon. Keep thinking positive thoughts and I'll send a lot of prayers your direction.

Best of luck to you and Monty.

Mary

Kim
(4/10/03 3:40 pm)
Mary's right -- this handsome dog **and** his new family have both been through an awful lot. They need our help.

Jacki's already working her magic (in memory of a very special black cat  ) to get the cost down for Monty's treatment. We'll still need to raise quite a bit of money, but then again, we LOVE a challenge!!!! Hang in there, Monty, help is on the way.  Kim

Lori Domingos  
(4/10/03 6:00 pm)

Please help Monty get the operation he needs. Sure hope another vet can be found who give a lower price. Are there some rich angels around who read about these babies? If all could be helped without waiting for weeks and months would be a wonderful dream. Please help this beautiful Collie. He sure deserves a long life with his loving family after a bad beginning.

Take care and God bless beautiful, sweet Monty and his family.

Love,
Lori Prince Queenie and Princess    

4Chester  
(4/10/03 6:00 pm)

Monty's mom is a Angel for adopting this boy. While I personally do not consider 8-9 years old to be a senior, it is past the age that many people would adopt. And because Monty had been so neglected, starved for love and attention (not to mention matted and malnourished) his spirit had been broken.

But the Angels who rescued and rehabilitated him gave him another chance at youth, and this wonderful woman gave him a chance to have a Mom and the love he was always entitled to.

Please don't let Monty and his Mom lose the chance to love and be happy....

Edited by: 4Chester   at: 4/10/03 10:34:05 pm

bonellen
(4/10/03 9:54 pm)
Reply   Monty
What a beautiful boy he is. I will send in a donation for him. Every little bit helps. I just wish it could be more. I hope he gets all the help he needs. He deserves to live a wonderful happy, healthy & loving life.
Bonni, Shaney, Suzy & Eric
GOD BLESS ALL OUR TROOPS & ALLIES:

Judy Leathers
(4/11/03 6:55 am)
I have a soft spot in my heart for collies and I am wondering if perhaps the collie rescue you adopted from will help out with Monty? Also, I have alot of friends involved with collies and if you will contact me @ roxieroller@webtv.net I will see if they can give me ideas on getting some help with Monty. They are a wonderful network of folks and one of my dear friends really knows alot about rescue so if you want I'll contact her for you. Also, WELCOME to IMOM. They are such a wonderful group. You will get such support here, just keep posting and giving us updates and we'll be with you all the way. God Bless you for rescuing Monty!! I want to do the same one day. Judy

4Chester  
(4/11/03 7:30 am)
Hi Judy,

The Susquehanna Valley Collie & Sheltie Rescue is doing everything it can to help raise money. They love Monty so much.

This is what the rescuer had to say "You have to understand, Monty was a big part of my life for more than two years. He really struggled to become the collie he is today. When we first got him, he was so bad that he actually got kicked out of obedience class and I was told that he would require so much work, it would be kinder to euthanize him. I just could not do that. He was not the problem, it was the years of neglect. I looked into those big, confused eyes and knew that
someday, he would have a family to love him the way I did. I looked past those growls and snaps and saw a really scared boy who just did not know how to act. I guess this is selfish, but I want him to finally enjoy the attention and love he missed for so long being tied to the end of a rope."

I also fell in love with Monty just from reading this. Who wouldn't?

Judy Leathers
(4/11/03 9:11 am)
Thanks for the update on the rescue group. I am so glad that they are working on raising funds also. Again, I have a friend who I can contact who deals with many collie rescue groups and I can find out from here who to contact for help with Monty. Has Monty's Mom written on the forum yet? I am so glad that others are really helping out...Monty needs help and needs it fast...As I mentioned collie as so special and considering the life he's had he needs to be healthy and happy since he now has a forever home..Judy

Kim
(4/11/03 11:02 am)
Chester's mom -- Thanks for sharing that email from Monty's rescuer. Boy, you can see that he didn't have any love from his original "family" (and I use that word loosely.... grrrr!), but has had some really dedicated folks on his side since he was rescued. If this sweet boy has come this far, we should all try to do what we can to get him to the next stage, which is good health.

Judy -- Thanks for networking on Monty's behalf! Hope you had a good vacation.  

Judy Leathers
(4/11/03 11:20 am)

Hi Kim, back from the floods at the Outer Banks, worst weather in history, we left early. Oh well, I can get back to IMOM and I see it is just in time! Monty needs help and I am so glad to see that Gus is nearly there...We have to get all the PINS fixed but right now Gus and Monty are top priority for me...Judy

Kim
(4/11/03 11:54 am)
Judy -- Oh no! What rotten luck with the weather.  I guess you were just meant to be back here with us, plugging away for those Pets in Need!  

ellgee
(4/11/03 6:30 pm)
Reply   Monty
Thank you everyone for your support, concerns and prayers.

This has been a horrible nightmare, I really thought we were going to lose Monty. The immediate prognosis was grim, however, I wasn't about to give up so easily. Neither was Monty. He was started on streoids and we then had to wait and see, slowly, he began to show slight improvements. Although he is still paralyized from the waist down, he is begining to use his right rear leg and has actually gotten himself to the standing position several times today. He usually can't stand long and kiind of flops around like a fish during the rising and laying back down maneuvers. As long as he continues to show signs of improvement, he should be a good candidate for surgery. The sooner the surgery the better, for he is at risk for a relapse. I am currently trying to locate a orthopedic surgeon who is willing to work with IMOM. Living in NY is horribly expensive, including veterninary costs. Most veterinary hospitals have no compassion and don't even want to work with me, its a "cash and go" market.

I am so sick over this (great for weightloss if any one wants to know this dieting trick), all we want is Monty to be himself again, even if he has limitations, I just want him to feel safe, comfortable and without the pain. I hope his improvements continue, each day has been "little improvement" until today, the vet report was a joy to hear today, Dr Lewis said "some improvement" and that she was "pleased".

Monty has been "super" as a patient, he has been eating, actually making a pig of himself, the steroids increase the appeitite make him thirstier. Monty has elevated liver enzymes, so the liver has to be checked as well. They weren't horribly high, but steroids can affect the liver, his liver function needs to be closely monitored and after the steroid therapy is complete, then the liver need assesment.

I will keep everyone here posted on Monty's progress (now that I finally figured out how to register). I cannot thank everyone enough who has helped Monty. Susan from collie rescue (SVCSR.org) has been my godsend, if it wasn't for her library of resources I wouldn't have made it this far. I also have special thanks for Sarah and Jacki, they have been so patient with me, sometimes it's hard to think straight during a HUGE crisis. They have been a tremendous support and a wealth of information.

Prayers for the safe return for our troops, which includes my sister (in Kuwait, MD) and my nephew (in Baghdad, Army 3rd ID).

Linda and Monty

Edited by: ellgee   at: 3/6/06 9:03 pm

Kim
(4/11/03 8:24 pm)
Reply   Monty
Linda -- Welcome! You've really got a lot on your plate right now, worrying about your sister, your nephew, and Monty. But you'll get a lot of support here, so please don't feel like you're going thru this alone. Monty sounds like such a brave guy, and he's going to make it because he has a loving owner advocating for him now.  

I'm glad to hear that the steroids are giving Monty some relief until the funds can be raised for his surgery. Keep the faith!! Kim

ellgee
(4/12/03 4:24 pm)
Reply   Update on Monty
Monty isn't doing well today, he is back on IV steroids and is listless. No longer is he "busy watching everything" and has made no attempt to get up. He was started on oral steroids yesterday and has vomited twice.

Please send out special prayers for Monty, he really needs them. Thank you everyone for concern for Monty, he is a wonderful guy. He doesn't deserve this.

Linda and Monty

4Chester  
(4/12/03 9:31 pm)
Reply   Re: Update on Monty
Am so sorry that Monty had such a bad day but tomorrow might be better. That is what we are praying for.

How is the search for another VET going. Where in NY are you?

ellgee
(4/12/03 10:12 pm)
Reply   Monty's current status
I just returned from visiting Monty, his condition remains the same and is still vomiting. He did seem a but more alert tonight than earlier in the day. I brought his favorite toy for him and his favorite snacks. He is getting wonderful care and constantly reassured by the staff.

I pray he gets better. Thank you everyone for adding Monty to your prayer list.

Judy Leathers
(4/13/03 5:45 am)
Reply   Re: Monty's current status
I am so worried about you and Monty, I am saying a prayer and trying to hold back my tears. I want this guy to get well!! I am so glad that you can visit Monty, that way he knows that you are still there for him. You mentioned you bought him his toys, perhaps you can also take a towel or shirt with your scent on it, that will comfort him. All of us at IMOM are with you and hope this helps you both. Hugs and prayers to you and Monty, Judy

Jacki IMOM  
ezOP
(4/13/03 9:01 am)
ezSupporter
  Re: Monty went to Rainbow Bridge

We received this email this morning:  

Quote:
To: gf@imom.org
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 9:30 AM
Subject: Monty

Sarah and Jacki

I am so sad to say this, but Monty didn't make it. He stopped breathing last night, the hospital called and asked if they wanted me to start CPR, I said no, he has suffered enough. I did rush to the hospital knowing this was our final good-bye, I stayed with him, told him that many people had been praying for him and how much we love him. He never had a chance at a good life. 3 weeks wasn't long enough for him to know how dogs should live. He always slept on the bed with me, he loved to go for walks in the woods and more than anything, loved to ride in the car. When we left the house, he would always "woof-woof", I am not sure if he was saying "goodye", "don't leave" or "take me", but clearly he wanted his family to be with him all the time. He was such a brave guy to go through this and we are overwhelmed with grief.

I can't thank the people of IMOM enough for their support. Everyone has been wonderful. The outpouring of concerns and prayers has helped us get through this. Monty may have been the dog that nobody wanted, but he was also the boy that many people loved. I find comfort knowing that in the end, he "wasn't the dog nobody wanted". Monty was everybody's special boy.

Linda and our newest angel Monty.

Community Forum

ellgee
(4/13/03 3:46 pm)
Reply   Our boy Monty
Jacki,

Thank you for posting this for me, I have so much diffuculty finding the words today. I deeply appreciate the help I have recieved from everyone. Not just for Monty, but all the pets in need. This is a beautiful organization.

Monty and I appreciated all the thoughts and prayers, this wonderful guy had such a hard life, it saddens me so that he never got a chance to have a real family life, a safe place and be surrounded with family who loves him. Even though his time with us was so brief, we loved him dearly and he loved us. I know he liked being family, not a pet but a true family member.

Are hearts are broken, we will miss Monty terribly but he will always have a special place in our hearts.

Linda

rynsusct
(4/13/03 6:35 pm)
Reply   I am crying for Monty. I am so sorry for your loss.
My heart is braking for you. I am so sorry. If you need to talk please email me.
Rest In Peace Monty!
Love Marushka and Susan (CRF forum)

bonellen
(4/13/03 10:02 pm)
Reply   Beautiful Monty
I am so sorry for your loss. I also adopted a dog that was abandoned at a vet's office who was 7 years old. The age doesn't matter. He was incredible, & always will be. Monty did have love & happiness from you & was able to give it back to you as well. Please remember, that he felt happiness & love the second he was with you. I am so sorry that this had to happen. You will all be together again one day. Bonni:

Kim
(4/14/03 11:42 am)
Reply   Our boy Monty
Linda -- I'm just now seeing your post about Monty and am typing thru tears. This case just runs the gamut for me and I'm sure others too -- anger at how he was mistreated for so long, profound sadness that he didn't get a long, happy life with your family, but ultimately GRATITUDE that he **wasn't** alone or unwanted at the end. So thank you for that.  

Does the vet have any idea what illness Monty had? I'm so sorry this wasn't a happy ending.  But at least he knew extraordinary kindness for a while and he went over the Rainbow Bridge with a loving family to mourn him. Please do take good care of yourselves. Kim

4Chester  
(4/14/03 2:44 pm)
Reply   Monty's journey across the Rainbow Bridge
I know 3 weeks was hardly enough. But they were 3 weeks that Monty will always have and that enabled him to have a family in his heart and your love to ease his pain.

You are truly his angel. He may have had a medical condition for a long time but he held on for your love. I know how painful this is for you. But those three weeks replace his previous existence with eternal love.

It was meant to be...I hope some day you will find solace in knowing that you changed his life forever.

G-d bless.

Judy Leathers
(4/14/03 3:41 pm)
Reply   Re: Monty's journey across the Rainbow Bridge
I am having trouble putting into words the extreme sorrow I feel over you losing Monty. I am deeply affected by this. Perhaps it's because I plan on some day doing what you did, rescuing a senior collie. I feel that the old, overlooked animals need love as much as the puppies. You have earned a special place in heaven for what you gave Monty. Just think he had a family when he needed it most. I know it doesn't make up for the fact that he is gone but you can rest assured that he was finally happy, Thanks to you. Sadly, Judy

Lori Domingos  
(4/14/03 3:47 pm)
Reply   Re: Monty's journey across the Rainbow Bridge
My heart is breaking for you and I can hardly see to type through my tears. I am so sorry Monty did not get to stay with you longer but know the short time he was with you helped to make up for the bad life he had before coming into your home. Monty had your love and the love of others at the end so I am most glad for that. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved furbaby. I have gone through it many times and it is so painful. I do know what you are going through and I extend my heartfelt sympathy to you. It hurts so much every time I read of one going to the Bridge. The one good thought is that Monty is out of his pain and playing with other furbabies and feathered friends.

It was wonderful that you adopted him and you did your best so I hope this is of some comfort to you.

God bless you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I was so sorry to see you go beautiful Monty.

Love,
Lori Prince Queenie and Princess  

ellgee
(4/14/03 8:08 pm)
Reply   Our beautiful Monty
Thank you everyone. Monty was such a special guy, I am so glad he touched others as he did me. He was really an angel. Sometimes I think I see him out of the corner of my eye or hear him getting a drink. I sure miss this boy.

The vet thinks his liver may have shut down, his liver enzymes were elavated proir sterid therapy, he was improving, managing to stand on his right leg, then kaboom, he was so ill. He was such a brave boy, I hope there is a very special place for him, he deserves the Yellow Place across Rainbow Bridge, he had a favorite color, so may the yellow shine on him, never again to be the "dog nobody wanted".

I have found beautiful people here, thank you for allowing Monty into your hearts. Thank you all for your kind words and sharing our grief. You support has been so helpful. Everyone is so special here, there are so many animals which are thrown away, it warms my heart to see so many who truly love the animals.

Linda

ellgee
(8/22/03 5:33 pm)
Reply   4 months later...................
After 4 months of trying to pay off the vet bills, they released Monty's ashes to me. My dresser now has his ashes with his picture alongside the ashes of our beloved Lady, who passed in January.

I want to thank everyone who helped me along through this difficult time. The messages of encouragment gave me incredible determination to fight for Monty, yet to have the strength to also let go.

I did adopt another collie from rescue. Very different from Monty, but another "hard to adopt" who has special needs and behavior issues. Funny, even in grief, there is always a little more room for that "special" pet in need of a home.

Please remember Monty, he had a horrible life, all he wanted was peace, comfort and people to love. He never had a chance to enjoy a home and folks who love him. His years of being tied to a rope, starved, with no human interaction just made him invisible to the world. No animal should endure such abuse, even though he was resued, the long term abuse had taken it's toll on his physical health, which couldn't be overcome.

Kim
(8/22/03 10:34 pm)
Reply   4 months later...................
Good to hear from you, Linda. Believe me, Monty *is* remembered. I definitely recall how gut-wrenching it was when he left this world for the next. But because of you he wasn't invisible anymore. He had a name, a family, and lots of people here to mourn him.

It's so wonderful that you've hopped back in the saddle and adopted another "special needs" collie.  Monty must be smiling from Above, so proud of you for opening up your heart again after the ache of losing him. I hope you have many great years with your new babe.

Lori Domingos  
(8/23/03 5:11 pm)
Reply   Re: 4 months later...................
Thank you for letting us know how you are. After reading about Monty again here I am crying and can hardly see. Monty touched many hearts here and is remembered. I hope somehow he knows people did love him and still do. Sweet Monty have fun and peace at the Bridge.

So glad you opened your heart again and adopted another collie. I pray this baby will be with you for many years.

Take care and God bless you and your new furbaby.

Love,
Lori, Prince, Queenie and Princess      

Judy Leathers
(8/23/03 8:43 pm)
Reply   Re: 4 months later...................

I am so happy to see that you have rescued another collie. I want you to know that I was at Sunnybank in mid August and the AWCA had a memorial for the Montana Collies and the President (who I had contacted to help you with Monty) let me place a memorial for Monty at Champion Rock so he was remembered by many collie loves and I have his memorial card. I was wondering if you would like it. I can mail it to you and you can have it forever. What a better tribute to a collie than to be remembered at Sunnybank. Contact me at roxieroller@webtv.net if you would like me to send it to you. I will always remember Monty....Judy

ellgee
(9/2/03 4:08 pm)
Reply   OMG Judy !!!
I had no idea you did this for Monty. I cannot thank you enough for keeping him special, and being honored at Sunny Bank. (wiping tears from my eyes). All I can do is send you a giant cyber hug.

Judy Leathers
(9/2/03 5:45 pm)
Reply   Re: OMG Judy !!!
It was my pleasure to remember Monty. The tribute this year was for the Montana Collie Rescue (did you read about it?) Jean Levit the President of AWCA was in charge and she asked if I would like to remember Monty and I was so honored...She hellped me plant Monty's memorial card and made sure that I received it at the end of the day. I will send her a note to tell her that I was able to get ahold of you and that you will receive the memorial. I know that will make her happy also. I'll also tell her about your new rescue. Monty touched my heart and I'll never forget him...Judy

ellgee
(9/13/03 5:01 pm)
Reply   Monty's Memorial
I cannot express my graditude for all the help that Judy has done for Monty and his memorial. Thank you for sending me the memorial card and the pictures. I am deeply touched, I wept when I saw the gravesites of the SunnyBank Collies, especially Wolf, who reminds me of my collie Toby, who I had as a youngster. SunnyBank is such a special place, thank you Judy for being in my place. You have a wonderful heart, I cannot thank you enough.

ellgee
(4/10/04 4:40 pm)
Reply   Honoring Monty
It has been a year since Monty passed. My heart still aches, he did not deserve the hard life he had endured.

Last weekend, I spent some time at Sunnybank, reflecting, "the gentleman" should have lived as a Terhune collie, that his spirit deserves to be playing with the other Sunnybank collies. His ashes and photo are still displayed, and it still saddens me so to view his photos when he was hospitalized. Especially the "coming home" photos, when less than 2 days later, he succommed to the medial treatment.

Please visit his memorial website at
www.svcsr.org/notforgot/monty.htm

Linda and Andee (another collie rescued)

laurieadrienne
(4/10/04 5:26 pm)
Reply   Re: Honoring Monty
Linda, I hadn't yet found out about this wonderful and amazing IMOM community at the time you and Monty were first here a year ago, so today is the first time I read Monty's story.

Reading this thread is heartbreaking and makes me cry, because the treatment and neglect sweet Monty received for the first 6 years of his life are just so wrong and, as you say, undeserved. But at the same time I have such happiness for you both for the 3 weeks of time you were able to spend together before Monty went to the Bridge. I am grateful that Monty finally was able to know, before he passed, what it meant to be loved.

The picture on Monty's memorial website is beautiful.

Laurie

Judy Leathers
(4/11/04 7:21 pm)
Reply   Re: Honoring Monty
Linda, I am so happy to see that you got to Sunnybank!! I will write you seperately to hear about your trip. Monty's memorial card was planted below champion rock and had a place of honor there all day. I hope that you found some peace and tranquity at "The Place"...I will always have Monty in my  . Judy

ellgee
(4/11/04 9:13 pm)
Reply   Healing wounds at Sunnybank

Judy,

I want to take Andee there, he's still not people friendly, so I have to pick a quiet weekday morning. I take a lot of pictures and want to get a few pix of Andee at Sunnybank. Andee and Monty knew each other from collie rescue,, I am sure they weren't the best of pals (lol), both had/have so many issues.

I spent some time at Champion Rock, talking to Wolfie, telling him about Monty. How Monty should have been blessed with a good life, how he would have loved to chase squirrels at Sunnybank. I left feeling very melancholy, but can't wait to get back. It's only about 45 minutes from here, which surprised me.

Thank you everybody for caring about Monty, I cannot tell you just how special he was, he had wonderful manners, Susan had done such a great job with him. I sure miss this boy.

slygirl71
(2/26/06 11:49 pm)
ezSupporter
[Re: Our boy Monty/b]

God bless you and Monty. he's in no pain anymore. im so sorry :(

Click Here to Visit Kenny's Cat Forum

Linda IMOM  
Committee Volunteer
(2/27/06 10:39 pm)
Reply | Edit
   Re: Our boy Monty

Thank you for stopping in and visiting Monty's thread. His life was so sad and painful, I will always have a broken heart for him.
Collie Hugs - Linda aka ellgee

Please click below to visit my furbabies
community.webshots.com/album/134598199QrXRlg

Please visit Monty's memorial page

Monty's IMOM PIN page
p088.ezboard.com/fimomcommunityfrm3.showMessage?topicID=88.topic

Judy Leathers  
(2/28/06 7:15 am)
Reply   Re: Our boy Monty
Linda, I spent time with Monty yesterday too and still felt as strongly as I did before...I think that I too, will ALWAYS remember him...He was SO special...His friend, Judy

Linda IMOM  
Committee Volunteer
(2/28/06 7:29 am)
Reply | Edit
Judy - You are the best!

Collie Hugs - Linda aka ellgee

Monty's IMOM PIN page

mareanteasin
(2/28/06 10:28 am)
Lots of love in honor of Monty's RB anniversary date...I would have loved to have known Monty, and am so thankful for the pictures I have seen...so beautiful...flying free you are, beautiful soul.
Hugs,

Precious and Marea

Linda IMOM  
Committee Volunteer
(2/28/06 8:38 pm)
Reply | Edit
  Marea, glad to stopped in on Monty's thread. I miss you here!
Collie Hugs - Linda

Monty's IMOM PIN page

Diana S IMOM  
Board of Directors
(3/3/06 1:34 am)
Yes, Monty sure was special - and he had a special mom to boot. He couldn't have asked for more. I know you could - and I could, but someday you'll be together again. Though I know he must visit you in spirit.

Judy - were you in Sunnydale? It was February - wasn't it. And you didn't let any of us know you'd be nearby??

SthrnBelleNBuddy
(3/4/06 5:24 am)
Reply   Re: NEWLY RESCUED MONTY-IMOM PIN- RB 4/12/03
Hi, Sarah.

I've been reading posts at Monty's PIN page. When I clicked on the link in yours I got the error message that the page couldn't be found. Thought you might like to know so you could check it out.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}},

Carol And The Wrecking Crew
The true measure of a person is what's in their heart.

Handipets Haven

Owners Of Blind Dogs

Tootsie's Dream

Judy Leathers  
(3/4/06 7:37 am)
Diana...I wasn't at Sunnybank...just visited Monty's thread on IMOM..he was SO special to me...I have an extra soft spot in my heart for collies...

I really do want to try to make it to New Jersey sometime. I had tried for a week in March but my friend is going out of town...doesn't that figure...I am trying to work on another time...

Until then I will just daydream about Sunnybank...I know you would love it there...it's so peacful and tranqui...absolutely a most for me.  , Judy

k9sign  
(3/6/06 8:10 pm)

Linda,
Just stopping in and thinking abt you, Monty and also Lady--who are both watching over you- and will see u again someday.

Hugs,

ellgee  
Community Volunteer
(3/6/06 8:51 pm)
Thank you Cindy and Judy. I appreciate you posting on Monty's thread, I am nearing Monty's "Gotcha day" in a couple weeks and it always makes me sad that I didn't get him sooner and that he didn't get a chance to know what it was like to feel like a full fledged family member. Thank you for remembering him with me.
Collie Hugs -

ellgee  
Community Volunteer
(3/6/06 8:55 pm)
Carol, thank you for visitng Monty's thread. I don't know what is wrong with Sarah's thread, or even where you are looking, otherwise I could help trouble shoot.

I am thinking, that perhaps you are looking for the PIN page, which are taken down once a case is closed or moved to Happy Endings.
Collie Hugs - Linda IMOM

Linda IMOM  
Committee Volunteer
(4/12/06 7:31 am)
Reply | Edit
Honoring Monty on his 3rd anniversay to Rainbow Bridge. His life will always hold a very sad place in my heart, his forever home is in the hearts of many, I am so sad that he never got the oppurtunity to know a forever home, with lots fo love, good food and proper vet care could be like.

3 weeks with me, one of which in the hospital wasn't long enough for him to feel safe and loved.

Collie Hugs -

Monty's IMOM PIN page

Edited by: Linda IMOM   at: 5/29/06 8:19 am

Diana S IMOM  
Board of Directors
(4/12/06 11:10 am)
Remembering Monty on his bridgeday. I know it's a hard day for you, so keeping you in my prayers.

[b]Jennifer Cribbs
(6/20/06 10:29 pm)
I am so sorry for the loss of your pet Monte. So very sorry.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm sure Monte is watching over his family.

Edited by Linda IMOM, 13 July 2006 - 09:08 PM.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
I think we should type in at the top, in bold , when a thread has been copied from the old forum.

:bitches (I'll be deleting this emoticon)
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
I did that on my first post here - whatcha think?

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 488 posts
Linda,

Did you copy and paste each post individually, or were you able to copy the whole page and paste at once?

I'm wondering if it would be better to post each post individually as a reply.  Otherwise, we'll end up with 15 "pages" of posts from ezboard, on the first page here. Especially with a long thread that has that many pages.

Then of course, REMEMBER to NOT include your own signature.  

See what I did below.
Diana S

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 488 posts
Jacki IMOM  
ezOP
(4/10/03 12:22 pm)
ezSupporter
  Re: NEWLY RESCUED MONTY NEEDS HELP FAST!
We're working with Monty's mom to find a different vet that will [hopefully] give us a better quote. Please don't let the amount of money needed deter you from donating to Monty.

It all adds up!!

Community Forum

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 488 posts
MaryNewell
(4/10/03 1:33 pm)
It must be hard to loose a loved furbaby and to find that your most recent addition to the family is having medical problems. Your angel or angels will find you soon. Don't give up hope. Obviously since Monty was in foster care for 2 years he was waiting for you. Just as he waited for you and your family, his angel(s) are waiting for him. They will find him soon. Keep thinking positive thoughts and I'll send a lot of prayers your direction.

Best of luck to you and Monty.

Mary

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 488 posts
Kim
(4/10/03 3:40 pm)
Mary's right -- this handsome dog **and** his new family have both been through an awful lot. They need our help.

Jacki's already working her magic (in memory of a very special black cat  ) to get the cost down for Monty's treatment. We'll still need to raise quite a bit of money, but then again, we LOVE a challenge!!!! Hang in there, Monty, help is on the way.  Kim

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 488 posts
We'd get a number of pages for each thread, but people should be used to going to the last page for updates anyway.

PS Jacki - I had the option of clicking the "Edit by" line.  I know we changed that in most groups, so that it's not an option. Did we forget admins?

I promised you not to make any changes, so I'm not.

Posted Image
Diana S

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Hi Diana - I was able to load up (c/ped) a entire page (my first attempt) and the dialog is there, its just so ugly.  

do you know how to do "Screen Shots" using PAINT?  I tried it with the instructions I have, but it doesn't work.  

I have been fiddling with this for a few days trying to make it look nicer, at least the first post.  I was thinking of having the parent of our Bridge kids post somehing first, then I can post all the dialog - as ugly as it is.  If a parent is no longer posting, then I would write up a little intro, so at least it would start off nice.

The dialog is so un attractive.  But yes, to answer your question you can copy and past the entire page in a thread and not have to resort to posting each post individually.  Copying and pasting each post individually is extremely time consuming.

I am going to use TC as my next model attmpt - I hope you don't mind.

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests

View PostDiana S IMOM, on Jul 10 2006, 04:48 PM, said:

Linda,

Do you mean like this?

Posted Image

This was done with paint - had to crop it to make it fit.

Yes - How did you do that _ i fiddled for HOURS trying to get that to work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users