Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Annalise BrightStar - rescue who will suffer NO MORE!

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
This whole thread is scaring me.  Not about Kramer's surgery because we know our Elder Studmuffin has to be OK.  But the thought of Neurotic Mother at DEFCON 5 with tape recorder!!  ohmy.gif  laugh.gif

All good thoughts for the Kramer Man.

Anna is amazing, amazing, AMAZING.  pp_animal_362.gif

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
I just hope that vet realizes that he is working on the Alpha of Jeanspackistan wink.gif
there better be NO slip ups-if you know what i mean. biggrin.gif Hope Kramer gets to come home tonight.

Anna what a girl..as Kim said she is truly AMAZING. bravo.gif  pp_animal_362.gif
p

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
I need that little rolling laughing face for these last two posts!  aktion033.gif  tongue.gif

Kim-I wonder if I would get blackballed from all the local vets offices like Elaine and the doctors on Seinfeld!

Paula-I should have mentioned that, if you know what I mean! BAH!

And yes, Anna-she's the real deal!

Okay! He's up! He's standing! He's a little out of it! They used the old dawg anesthesia, but it still hits him hard! He did two separate incision sites. Both look good he said (cocky laugh.gif ). Antibiotics for a while. They'll send the lumps out and about 10 days for results. He's gong to get his Adequan shot, too.

I can pick him up b/t 5-6 I'll probably bring Bella because she loves him and it's easier to control her greetings on a leash. She throws herself at him like a shameless HUZZY!
IPB Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,078 posts
WE need an UPDATE!!!
I hope he is home!! So do u know what the "old guys anesthesia is???" Is it isoforane?
How is he feeling?? Is he sleeping a lot?
UPDATE!!!!!!
OK it can wait till tmw since u are focusing on Kramer--but don't keep us in suspenders--uh I mean suspense!
Hug Kramer for me...and Anna ,,,Maribel...all the fury ones!

Posted Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Sorry! I should have updated. The morphine they gave him before he came home certainly worked. WOW, he was out of it. He couldn't even stand for more than a minute and then he'd just sink down. He did drink a lot (relatively) but it took the edge of his appetite for sure. This morning he's just getting a little canned food and some kibble. He starts his antibiotics, too. He has five days of amoxy just as insurance.

Today, he's better but has the saddest look possible. He followed me though and wants to be babied, so that's good. Of course, I think he looks like he's mad at me! I'll have to get him a burger after my meeting. That'll perk him up! He also wants to resume his duties in the pack already-so I have to separate him while giving him that job part time because he loves it. If I try to stop him too much, he loses that spark, so as long as they can be good around him it's fine. I've been just doing individual meetings for now because they do want to sniff him and also dogs will put on a good front so as not to appear weak, and he needs to rest more than posture! Nina has been hanging with him and is in her own world pretty much-which he likes-she doesn't pressure him for anything! But Mariele got to see him and he let her check out his incision-I don't know if anyone else will be allowed to! Bruno HAD to see him and Bella was with him all last night, being so good about being gentle (surprised that she could be that soft with him) and even brought him a stuffed toy in case he wanted it. Then, when she saw he didn't, she took it right back. She probably thought, PHEW, I didn't really want to give him the baby doll! So, the rest of the day the rest of the pack will get their turn and he will get some love and a lot of sleep and relaxation. THANKS!

IPB Image

Diana C.

Diana C.

DIANA C

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
Good morning Jean, just read about Kramer and hoping he will be okay!

I second MJ, you capture the most beautiful pictures and the way you tell your stories - when I read your posts, I feel as if I am there with you living the moment.

Enjoy your weekend and give Kramer a extra hug for me, and Anna, Nina, Marielle, Bruno and Bella (Did I leave anyone out?)

Diana & Angel
We GoodSearch for IMOM.

Please help us help our Pets In Need by using this internet SEARCH feature for all your internet searches. To add this feature to your tool bar click here for the FREE download. http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbars.aspx

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Sounds like you and Kramer have it all under control.  May you both have a relaxing, rejuvenating weekend.  Your dogs are so good and you have so much fun.

I just read about Anna's vet visit.  It made me so happy to hear that she's happy and feels secure with you and your pack.  This is what Happy Endings! is all about.  :-)

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 767 posts
Oh Yipppeee!  Sounds like my boy is recuperating nicely.  You are such an awesome mom Jean, and take the BEST care of your kids.  I'm so glad that you have Kramer, and your special babes.  

hugs.gif

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
so as long as they can be good around him it's fine. I've been just doing individual meetings for now because they do want to sniff him and also dogs will put on a good front so as not to appear weak
Gee, Jean, ya mean ya didn't want to instantly subject him to the 'pack and the privledged'? So far it sounds like, at least individually, they're all recognizing that this outing was not to be privledged. Glad he's seeking babying and hope his recovery it quick.

Regarding: "I need that little rolling laughing face for these last two posts! "

It's too well merited to not be delivered as I too was IPB Image-so there you are!

Hope you and Kramer and pack are having a great day!

Martha Jane and Baila

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jade Silverman's Mom

Jadie

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
Jean,
Your visiting Jade's thread, giving her so much support and promise, is deeply appreciated.

Finally have the breathing time to come here to read about Kramer.  You're an incredibly strong, loving parent, and your pack surely feel that strength and love.  They all respond with vigor.

So, Kramer's stoned but will recover, and Annalise weighed in but didn't poop out.  Two wins in one family both so fortunate.  They (you) give us all hope.

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom, 10 September 2006 - 04:34 PM.

Kris S

Kris S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 737 posts
Oh my gosh, I've been out of town for over a week with no access to the internet.  I didn't think I was going to survive the withdrawal!!  And I missed Kramer's surgery.  GEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!

I'm so glad to hear your boy is doing well, Jean.  He is so gorgeous and such a character.  Anna's story just gets better and better.  And I'm in love with little Denny.  He looks so much like Murphy.  I've always thought she looked like a larger version of a Pom!

when I read your posts, I feel as if I am there with you living the moment.

Diana - you are SO right about that.  I really think Jean should write professionally.  Jean - just think how much money you could make and then you can buy a whole bunch of property and then we can all come live there and rescue cats and dogs and birds and bunnies and horses and all of God's creatures!!!  
  dog2.gif  butterfly.gif  ferret.gif  kittydrinking.gif  scarecat.jpg  dal.gif  four.gif  runninghorse.gif  bunny.gif  turtle.gif  pp_animal_362.gif  pp_animal_556.gif  EMOTITWOCATS.gif

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
I'll be back again to post. I didn't get to every thread I wanted to check and realized I should be awake tomorrow when I attend a training thing! No news on Kramer yet, but he's doing well and is as cute as ever. Anna was giving me hand kisses this morning-very sweet!!! And later, I was petting her and a spider landed on my arm and without thinking I screamed and threw my arm in the air. DUH. Scared her, but she came back a little while later for more petting and kind of looked at me like...idiot! Well, I really do need to go, just wanted to say hey!

Also if you want to Goodsearch for IMOM, please try searching for Annalise Pet Photo or Photograpy and see if it comes up-it hasn't for me yet, but I figure every time I try it, I make a little $ for IMOM!
IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Okay, just wanted to post this before I check on some PINS.

Kramer's vet called today with biopsy results from the two lumps.
The smaller lump was a skin gland type cyst and benign. Totally removed, no tumor cells in the margin.

The second, larger lump is a fibroscarcoma (just started goodsearch/googling) of the lowest grade, a grade 1. It is unlikely to spread but can recur in the same place so while I do lump checks anyway, will be very careful to lump check that area of his chest. If it were to recur, he'd just take it out again and remove more of the area around it. From my understanding, this is a good result compared to other things it could be.

Kramer goes Friday to have his stitches removed and get an Adequan shot so I can ask more questions from my research then. THANKS.
IPB Image

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Checking in on Kramer.  Good news that the lumps are managable.

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Diana-I'm not sure if you left anyone out-I do head counts when they go out the door and when they come in! Then I do roll call.  turtle5.gif  turtle5.gif Bruno is notorious for hiding because he thinks if he shows himself, he doesn't get to go for a ride, or a walk, or something else that might be fun! Awww, thanks for the kind words, too. I appreciate that.

Juli-thanks! I think it's so neat to watch Ava and Anna together. When there is a noise and everyone starts barking, Ava runs to Anna. It reminds me of little kids in school and the bossy little girl the teacher assigns to watch over the new girl. And the new girl is appreciative, but maybe a bit smothered! Tonight I listened to Anna's heart and after I was done, Ava was all over her checking her out. By the way...that heart...sounds amazing! Like Tommy Lee is drumming in there (except hopefully it's cleaner...)!!!

Thanks, Laura! That is so nice of you to say. I can make myself a little nutty because I keep thinking that I found that lump through luck-a big tuft of his hair was sticking out and when I went to pluck it, it didn't come out. It was the lump! Your big boy is doing so well. I will give him a big hug from you (and a Denta-Stix-he loves those).

Martha Jane-thanks for posting that little laughing guy! Did I mention the Bruno thing the night I brought Kramer home? Bruno had gone with me to drop Kramer off. That's one of his jobs-the vet procedure drop off, or he goes batty all day looking for the missing dog (and I truly believe this goes back to when Mikko had to be put to sleep). So, he did the drop off, Bella did the pick up. Bruno did not SEE Kramer with his own little eyes that evening. That night, Bruno slept curled in a tiny ball right next to my head, which he never does-or hasn't since Mikko passed. I think he was really troubled by not seeing Kramer. Next day, he saw him, hung out with him and then slept in his normal spot that night! WEIRD.

So, Kramer's stoned but will recover, and Annalise weighed in but didn't poop out. Two wins in one family both so fortunate. They (you) give us all hope.

Jade's mom-you made me laugh so hard and then smile! Thank you so much! I haven't been on the board much lately and really want to get caught up on everyone's posts and pets!

Kris! Anna's Sanctuary! Wouldn't that be amazing. And Murphy and Mariele could be brought around on those things...whatever they're called, like Cleopatra! Thanks for saying that about my writing. It's fun to write about these guys because they are so funny. Right now, behind me, Anna, Ilsa, and Ava are playing some kind of biting/hopping game. And it's over and I get kisses! They really do make me laugh. Glad you are back online, btw! Denny does remind me of Murphy and Mariele. I just love those little foxy faces. I almost stole him that day!

So, yes, Anna's heart sounds good to me and this morning when I woke up, I saw that instead of being on the end of the bed in her spot, she was MUCH closer to me than she ever had been. This was after yesterday's very bold standing on the bed getting petted event. I wonder if she's got something up her sleeve for tomorrow morning!
IPB Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
OOH! Linda, missed that post! SORRY! Thanks for checking in on Kramer. More hugs for him while I check for lumps!
IPB Image

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,217 posts
So, yes, Anna's heart sounds good to me and this morning when I woke up, I saw that instead of being on the end of the bed in her spot, she was MUCH closer to me than she ever had been. This was after yesterday's very bold standing on the bed getting petted event. I wonder if she's got something up her sleeve for tomorrow morning!

Now you made me cry

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Awwww, Jacki...

Anna didn't do anything new today, but she again snuck closer to me during my nap today. And she had some pepperoni-she stood at the outer edge of the circle of dogs waiting for her turn-lots of times she'd hide until it was her turn, dart out, take and go back to a hiding spot. But today she stood there waiting (she also does that with Arby's of course).

Also, even though I've been tired, and rushed on time lately, and short on money for things other than the vet bills (and NOT complaining about this-grateful that I have fixable things and the second PT job that covers them), I found a place near Buffalo that does herding (sheep) lessons. I decided that to take Kramer to do something like this while he still can really enjoy it is going to be worth it. So I am trying to set up a time to go with Kramer, Bella, and Ava. I have a feeling if I took Anna, I'd be buying some mutton and would be driving home with a sheep on the roof of my car! I hope I can take pictures while they are herding (or learning to). http://wickeddogs.tripod.com is the website. It looks like fun!

EDIT! Anna was just laying behind my chair but closer than usual so I reached down to pet her-she usually comes to me for petting and not the other way-and she was great about it! Everyone went nuts thinking we were going to bed because I moved...heaven forbid...so the petting session was over quickly, but she seems to be doing this little sneaking closer thing more and more. What a gift she gives!

Also: http://annalisepetphoto.com Couldn't remember if I posted the updated version. . . it's not done, but getting closer.

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA, 20 September 2006 - 10:39 PM.

IPB Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
when I attend a training thing!
So how was your "training thing" this morning? Did that have to do with something after "the fifth word" or was this about how to get mutton for Anna without Anna being there to do it herself.

Jean, I must admit I got kind of goosebumpy reading about Anna still moving in ever closer. What wonders the two of you have made! and how classically funny about the spider. I once did a similar thing while holding a bald eagle we were putting a trasmitter on.  One of my most less cool moments.

Terrific to hear that so far Kramers lumps have become fairly good news divots. Now, about your training.....

Martha Jane and Baila

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
Jean,
the website is starting to look GREAT aktion033.gif you do have some great shots in the gallery--but we could always use more Naji wink.gif Anna looks great in all of the phots.Sheep herding i thought Kramer was already in the herding game,takes a lot to keep that pack in line. Well glad the lump is something that is not totally awful.
p
gatorsennacarvernyjour

Diana S

Diana S

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 487 posts
So wonderful to hear Kramer's lumps are "okay".  I sure hope and pray that he doesn't get any more fibrosarcomas.  Anna sneaking closer everyday is making me cry - happy tears of course.  It's just amazing what you do with these dogs.  I like the idea of Anna's sanctuary - we can rescue the world.

hugs.gif

Diana S

Laurie

Laurie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Just stopping by to say Hi.I loved your pet photo website so aptly named after precious Anna. Thinking of you.
hugs.gif
Love Laurie,Kori   Angel15.gif and family  Angel15.gif  pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif  pawprint.gif

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,078 posts
baby steps... that's what Anna has been doing--and she is just incredible where the baby steps have taken her. Without u, she would not have had a chance to become the dog she was destined to be.
Thank u Jean for loving her so much.
Hugs
Posted Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Well, I have to come back here and read all this nice stuff! I guess it wouldn't be appropriate to post about Anna's killer gas last night with all the good things, huh!  motimonkey.gif Love the monkey!

I wanted to show the updated Mario pictures and his big accomplishment: Traveling Mario!
IPB Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,968 posts
Jean, thinking of Anna getting closer on the bed to you did me in too...Kayla alway slept on the bed with us...just made me think of that...

By the way...thank you for the wonderful poem you posted on her thread...it took me 2 days to really read it...and yes, it made me cry...

You give my buddy, Kramer a big hug from me...I hope he's going to like his herding experience..I can just see him now...his beautiful face turned up to the sky...Hugs, Judy

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Love the pictures of Mario, but now I now in advance I'll love any pictures you take. It's a gift for sure.

You really have done, and do, amazing things with animals!

When does Kramer start his hearding classes?

Martha Jane

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
lol - Mario is SUPER smart - I just died laughing that he actually puts his head into the barf bags!!!  Such a good boy.

paulajmnj

paulajmnj

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 743 posts
Jean,
watch out for that  snowstorm,(20 inches in Buffalo) yikes,especially coming on the full moon cycle.
Get out the snowshoes and shovels tongue.gif hope all is well with you and the pack
p
and the boys

Guest_Linda IMOM_*

Guest_Linda IMOM_*
  • Guests
Just checking on the snow PACK at Jean's house!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,078 posts
I don't know Jean, but I think the only thing the puppers may be herding in Buffalo is snowmen!!!!

I hope u and the pack are doing OK!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users