Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Annalise BrightStar - rescue who will suffer NO MORE!

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
QUOTE (JeanKBBMMMAA @ Feb 3 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, he's still fighting. His hematocrit was up to 25.8 today. We had McDonald's and now he is resting up from his big outing. Which included a little walk around the parking lot! NICE! First time he's been able to walk without the snow and ice trying to kill him. smile.gif

Glad to hear he's enjoying his time Jean, but I'm sorry he's struggling. hugs.gif
(PS: Anna's pictures are stunning... she looks like she belongs to royalty. You forgot to tell us you are the queen of some country somewhere wink.gif

Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Jean's dear, sweet, courageous, stubborn, funny, quirky and handsome Kramer left for Rainbow Bridge last night.

My heart just breaks for you Jean. I wish I could be with u in person dear friend.

animcndc_sm.gif RB will never be the same. Run free sweet Kramer until u are with ur mama again.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jean}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
Thanks Cindy for letting us know.

Jean, my heart is breaking for you. I know how much you love Kramer, we all do. He isn't struggling anymore and he had the best time with you and your pack.

Loads of love and hugs being sent.

Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
Jean, I am so sorry.

Kramer truly was - make that, IS, a champion and leader of the pack!  We will all miss him terribly.

Paula
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Jean,

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news.  I wish he could have stayed with you much longer, but I'm glad you had the chance to spend his last days lovin' on him.  I know your heart has a Kramer-size hole in it now, which is just how much love you had together.  If it helps, I truly believe there is a Wendy's in heaven, and that Kramer is paws-up at the drive-thru, getting his fill. animcnda_lg.gif

hugs.gif

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 669 posts
Jean -

I am so sorry.  (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Rottendogs

Rottendogs

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 638 posts
Talked to Jean. She's hanging in there. I know she'll post when things settle down some. Just wanted you guys to know that she's doing ok, all things considered.
Celia

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Thanks Celia.
Posted Image

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
Thank you all. Took the weekend off from the Internets as much as possible to sleep and absorb the unreal experience of not having my Kramer with me after over 15 years of being with him, like losing an arm or something.

I had to go to Albany for a conference-I left Wednesday, with three of the pack boarding at the vet office, and my mom taking care of the rest. I called in often to see how he was doing and all was well. My car broke down when I got to Albany, and on Thursday morning I had it towed to be fixed. Thursday Kramer ate like a piggy and I was thinking he was really having a great upswing. My car got finished on Friday and I had made arrangements to pick it up so I could head home and see my boy. The conference ended at 4 pm and my mom called seconds later. He had cried out and was laying down, could not get up, would not take food-even ginger snaps-or water.

I called the vet office and my mom went over-and I went to get my car from the place in Troy. His hematocrit was down to 15 (low normal on that machine is 37) from 25.8 on Tuesday, and 22 the first time the tumor bled. So I realized that the tumor was opening, and he was bleeding out. I guess it was a giant and active tumor-from the ultrasound-I never asked to see the picture and we never really talked about the findings because I didn't want to know the reality so that when he was doing well, I wouldn't be thinking about that so much.

So we made the plan that they would all stay with him-the vet, tech, and my mom until I could get there from Albany. If he was in any pain or discomfort, they would let him go for me. If he could wait, we would wait until I got there. It is a 4.5-5 hour drive normally. I got there right at 9 and he was sleeping and so weak. I had momentary thoughts of taking him home, trying to keep him going, but realized that would be for a.) me and b.) listening to Kramer's most stubborn mind-but not his failing body. He did give me a look and after I'd spent some time with him, I decided to let him go.

I pick up his ashes today at 3:00. I am going to bring Mikko and Nina's and ask that they take out a little from each, and mix a little of his, and put them in a St. Francis urn, so that the pack will always be together.

A Kramer sized hole in my heart is exactly it.

Thank you all so much for understanding.
Jean

A week or so ago at the vet office-waiting to get a treat with his special little one, Mariele, at his side:

IPB Image

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
Jean,

My heart just ached all day when I found out Kramer was not doing well and waiting for you to return from your trip.  I'm so glad he was able to wait until you got there.  I know you would want to be there to kiss him goodbye and tell him once again how much you loved him.  Kramer was more than a dog, he was your best friend.  The bond you two shared was incredible.  I'm so glad you got to experience that for 15 years but am sorry that you have been left behind.  Jeanspackistan will never be the same without the wonderful leader Kramer.  Thank you for sharing him with us, telling us the Kramer storied, for letting us love him and thank you for all the wonderful pictures you've sent.  I enjoyed seeing each and every one of them.  We will never ever forget Kramer.  

Big hugs to you, my friend,

Juli

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
Jean, just stopping by to check on you and Jeanspackistan - I know all your hearts are broken without Kramer there......he is watching down over you all, that is for sure.

Sending very big hugs to you all-
Vicky

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
I've been wondering how you were doing Jean. I'm so glad that you were able to say good bye to Kramer before he had to go. 15 years is such a long time. I lost Bear after 11 years and I know how heart breaking it can be. Relish in the love of the rest of your pack knowing that Kramer is back to being a young stubborn self taking control at the Rainbow Bridge and waiting for you and the rest of the pack to meet up with him.

Loads of hugs being sent.

Debs

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
animcndc_sm.gif Jean I am so sorry for your loss. I know Kramer was a special part of your crew and how hard this must be for you.  God speed Kramer... fly free sweetie, Jean loved you to pcs and you will meet again!
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

JeanKBBMMMAA

JeanKBBMMMAA

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,584 posts
It was hard to come back to this thread with the last post of mine. Thank you Michelle. I miss those guys so much. BUT Anna said count your blessings and I needed to come back and thank everyone for Annalise.

A very content little girl she is:

Happy Thanksgiving!
IPB Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
There is my beautiful girl.

A Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users