Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Guy Meresman

• Please log in to reply
1130 replies to this topic

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Diagnosis:  Chronic Renal Failure
Estimated amount needed per month:  $154  $95 as of 12/2/10
When making your donation, please consider a small donation to our Operating Fund to help pay processing charges and other business expenses.
Spayed/Neutered:  Yes
Case worker:  Juli

Posted Image

Guy is a very special 14 year old neutered male kitty who was diagnosed with CRF.  Guy's person is Mike and Mike has been very easy to work with through the application process providing every thing we need on a timely basis.

Mike needs your help in sponsorship for Guy.  We estimate Guy's monthly needs to be $154 a month.  This will help with an every six week renal profile, every 12 week urine culture, and every 12 week exam plus fluids and supplies.  Mike is paying for the prescription food Guy will be eating.

Please visit Guy's PIN page and read more about him.  It can be found at http://www.imom.org/...uy_meresman.htm

To sign up to be a monthly sponsor for Guy, you may do so at http://www.imom.org/...ion/monthly.htm  or one time donations can be made at http://www.imom.org/pin/donations.htm .  Please mark your donations "CRF - Guy Meresman"

Thank you,

Edited by Tracy IMOM, 03 December 2010 - 01:03 AM.

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Hi. I'm Mike, Guy's companion human. First, I'd like to say what a nice job Juli did with his page and overall how highly I think of IMOM.

Thanks for visiting Guy's forum.  Guy is the cutest animal ever.  His pupils are unusually wide open -- next to his sister in the same lighting, when her pupils are half-dilated and cat-eye shaped, Guy's are wide and round.  I'm tempted to post so many photos here ... I'm sure Juli will send me an e-mail at some point saying I'm overloading the computer!

So I'll try to have a little restraint with the photos.  For now, here's a nice portrait-style photo.  I look forward to posting action photos of Guy playing ball and heart-warming photos of him cuddling his sister and many more.

[attachmentid=90]

Attached Files

Vanessa

Vanessa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi Mike!

Guy looks so much like my parents cat Alfie.  So cute smile.gif

Just checking in on you and the kitty.  Sounds like he is starting to stabilize.

Hugs to him!

Vanessa

Sunflowergal89

Sunflowergal89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Welcome to the forum Mike & Guy!

You will find compassion and support for you and your Little Guy.  He is so handsome!  Such a cutie!  I love the description you had of him and his sister.

Good luck on retaining sponsors to help with the finances of supporting a kitty with CRF, and good luck with your teaching opportunities.  Hopefully now is a good time to find full-time work with school starting soon.

Blessings, Gail with kits Jake & Amy, and Angels Andi (CRF) and Abby Rose (Ketamine usage during spay surgery ~ big NO NO for Siamese cats)

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Hi again and thanks for making me feel welcome.  Hi Vanessa and Gail and Wally and Vinny and Yoda and Casey and Jake and Amy!

Guy just trotted up carrying his pet -- yes that's right -- his pet, Mr. Jingles.  Mr. Jingles is a yellow fuzzy mouse toy that, against all odds, has survived probably 10 years.  Hence the name (makes sense if you've seen "The Green Mile" with Tom Hanks).  Guy carries Mr. Jingles around making a curious long meow (kind of muffled since his mouth is full of mouse) and places him in conspicuous spots ... I'm not sure I understand the logic of this yet, but I know that Mr. Jingles is likely to show up right where I'm walking and I have to be very careful not to step on him.  If anyone understands this I'm all ears!  

Anyway, here's an action photo (sorry about the eyeshine; I'm not a great photographer).  Look, there's Mr. Jingles now in the left of the picture!

[attachmentid=94]

Attached Files

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 769 posts
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the CRF forum!  I hope that your Guy gets funded very quickly.  I just LOVE that action shot of Guy, it is too cute!  And you are a good photographer, because that is a great picture.  It's hard not to have "flash eye" when you are photographing indoors, because you need the flash.

Again, welcome to you both,

Laura

MidnightsMommy

MidnightsMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE(Laura IMOM @ Aug 7 2006, 10:41 AM) View Post

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the CRF forum!  I hope that your Guy gets funded very quickly.  I just LOVE that action shot of Guy, it is too cute!  And you are a good photographer, because that is a great picture.  It's hard not to have "flash eye" when you are photographing indoors, because you need the flash.

Again, welcome to you both,

Laura

Hi Guys person ...As a crf mom who has been in your spot and one who has another crf kitty  I sure hope and pray some angels come along and help get this adorable kitty some funding. Hi Laura smile.gif Mike..I am not too use to this site yet but had to shout out to all the angels to shine their hearts on you and your boy

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Having people wish us well is really nice!  Thanks Laura and MidnightsMommy.  Lately I've been trying to find ways to give Guy his famotidine (Pepcid AC) because he has gotten wise to the "crushing it and putting it in the tuna water" trick.  A pharmacist compounded it with fish flavor, but he wasn't interested, then we tried chicken but still no luck.  Since it is $20 each time, instead of continuing to compound the medicine in different flavors, the pharmacist gave me three flavor samples.  Today Guy turned his nose at the liver flavor. I hope he likes the tutti frutti flavor!

Here's a picture showing what a good brother Guy is.
[attachmentid=102]

Attached Files

Vanessa

Vanessa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Oh man, those are some great pictures!!  Yoda plays with mice, but he definitely hasn't stayed commited to one "pet" like that for years smile.gif

Wally isn't on Pepcid at the moment, but when we did have him taking it, we had to use a pill shooter and hold his mouth closed until he swallowed.

He's so strange, though:  he only likes cat food.  Not cat treats, not tuna, nothing but cat food.  Guess it makes life easier for us that way!

I really hope you find some sponsors for Guy soon.  Have you heard of petster.com or catster.com?  I wonder if you set up a profile for Guy, other cat lovers would fall in love and be able to help out a bit?

Just a thought, don't know if it's a good one ...

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Oh man, those are some great pictures!!
Ditto!  Mike those photos are darling!  How could anyone do anything but fall in love with Guy! Hope it's getting easier for you to get the meds down!

We're also cheering for you to get some sponsors!

Martha Jane and Baila

Edited by Baila, 12 August 2006 - 12:33 PM.

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Everyone seems to love Guy's pictures, so I'm going to post another one ... but pretty soon any sponsorship money we get is going to have to pay for IMOM bandwidth space!  Thanks again for all the well wishes.  Hi Martha Jane and Baila!  

I was looking for traveling photos with Guy, but I don't have any.  He really doesn't like riding in the car.  On the long cross-country drive coming to Colorado many years ago he yowled for hours.  But he got used to it.  He liked walking on the dashboard, on the headrests, on my head ... It was funny to pull up to the tollbooth and have the attendant do a double-take at seeing this cat on my head.  

Mostly, he slept on my lap.  His sister slept there too, and I didn't want to wake them so I didn't shift my legs, but I got such butt-cramps!  Try it and you'll see what I mean!  Anyway, I really wanted to stretch my legs, like Guy is doing here.  Lucky Guy.

[attachmentid=108]

Attached Files

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Hi Mike -- Greetings from another Crazy Cat Person.  stripekitty.gif  Also a lover of brown tabbies (that's my Teddie with the crown at left).  I've really been enjoying your photos of Guy.  That's incredible that he's had Mr Jingles for 10 yrs!  Toys don't last that long at my house, LOL.  I see he's also a fan of paper balls.

Re: the Pepcid -- Have you tried syringing the liquid formulation into Guy's mouth?  Cats are little buggers about detecting anything "strange" in their food, but it usually isn't that hard to get them to take liquid meds via syringe.  (I'm talking about a syringe without a needle on the end.)  You don't have to get his mouth wide open - you just put the syringe in the side "pocket" of his mouth and gently squirt.  

In case you haven't see it yet, here's a helpful site about CRF:  www.felinecrf.org

Paws crossed for some sponsors for Guy!  Keep posting - you're doing great!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Mike and Guy, we're all so happy you've found your way to IMOM. Guy looks like an incredible kitty. I love the pictures! He looks like a kitty with a ton of character and personality. (Of course, I think all kitties have a ton of character and personality smile.gif, but from his pix, Guy looks like he's at the head of the class.)

I love it that Guy has his very own pet, Mr. Jingles. The Mr. Jingles in The Green Mile was a very special mousie, indeed.

I hope you don't show too much restraint in posting pictures -- all of us here just love to see photos of IMOM PINs. It makes us all feel like we "know" the PINs so much more.

I'm mom to a 16-year-old kitty named Kitz who is in the early stages of renal failure. I've been learning a lot the past month or so about administering fluids, etc. I was touched reading what you wrote about Guy on his PIN page (Guy Meresman) because you are right, something like this makes us face the reality that our beloved furkids are not with us anywhere near as long as we'd like... but the love we share while they're here is something special and precious to be treasured.

I'm so glad Guy has found a dad like you!

Laurie

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Mike,

Here is our Mr. Jingles who lived with us for more than three years.  And to think my mother said he wouldn't last a week in our house with three cats...

IPB Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Guy is photogenic, and I'm a sucker for brown tabbies, particularly with tuxedos. Wally is quite the looker too don't you think!?!  Just checking in.  I hope all is going well and that you get some funding!

Thank You any Angels considering helping him!

Martha Jane and Baila

Edited by Baila, 14 August 2006 - 07:23 PM.

Guest_Juli IMOM_*

Guest_Juli IMOM_*
  • Guests
Guy has been a PIN for almost two weeks and doesn't have any sponsors yet.  Guy would be a great PIN to sponsor.  He needs $154 a month in sponsorship.  Of course, if you want to sponsor him, you can pick what ever dollar amount you wish, not the entire amount.  You can sign up to sponsor Guy on a monthly basis here.

Who wants to sign up to be Guy's first sponsor?

Thanks,

Vanessa

Vanessa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Guy definitely needs a sponsor!  How could you not, he is so cute!!  How can we spread the word?

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,125 posts
I agree-keep the pictures coming!!!

Please angels--can u help Guy--just look at those pics-how can u resist???
Posted Image

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Hey Mike, Whats happened to you? Seven posts and no Mike?  We're all very eager to hear how that darling Guy is doing.  The more everyone gets to know him the better it is.  Although we already know he is adorable!!!

Just checking in.

Thank you in advance to any Angels thinking about sponsoring Guy!

Martha Jane and Baila

Edited by Baila, 20 August 2006 - 07:56 PM.

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Hi everyone!  I am so surprised to see all these wonderful posts!  I didn't receive any e-mail notifications this past week, so I concluded that no one had posted.  I logged in today to post dutifully, expecting that I would just be adding to my last post, just a lonely conversation with myself about my cute little Guy.  This is such a great surprise!

Hi Kim -- your Teddie avatar is just too funny.  About the famotidine (Pepcid), Guy didn't like any of the flavors, and it had gotten to the point where I had to open a new can of tuna every day since the day-old tuna water was not appetizing enough to make him take the medicine.  (I didn't feel like I should let all that tuna go to waste, so I ignored the health warnings about mercury and ate them all.  Now I'm like a walking thermometer with all the mercury in me!)  I thought about using the oral syringe, but the pharmacist said he could make a gel that I rub in Guy's ear every day and it gets absorbed.  So we started trying that a couple days ago.  We'll see how that works.

Hi Laurie!  I hope Kitz is feeling good.  I'm glad you remember the name Mr. Jingles from the movie.  Juli, I can't believe you had a real mouse for three years!  Since there's so much support for Mr. Jingles, maybe someone could tell me, is it okay to put him in the washing machine?  I hand wash him occasionally, but the machine would be easier.

Hi again Martha Jane and Baila!  I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner; I had no idea anyone was visiting.  It's fun telling you about how great little Guy is ... but right now, he's not helping me.  He's on top of the computer monitor, but instead of facing me (like in the portrait photo above) he's facing away and his tail is hanging right in front of the screen, swishing around.  I push it to the side, but a few seconds later, it swishes right back!

Hi Cindy, Tucker and Justice.  So nice of you to ask for more pictures.  Now I can say, "By popular demand, here's another photo of Guy!"  
--Mike

[attachmentid=140]

Attached Files

Antares and his mommy

Antares and his mommy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 275 posts
Ooooohhh... Guy is such a handsome kitty. Yes, more pictures please.

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
but right now, he's not helping me. He's on top of the computer monitor, but instead of facing me (like in the portrait photo above) he's facing away and his tail is hanging right in front of the screen, swishing around. I push it to the side, but a few seconds later, it swishes right back!

Now that is a character kitty!!  Cute and full of character!

I so hope you get sponsored soon!

Marha Jane and Baila

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Mike and Guy!

I love all those pictures, and your stories about your handsome boy. He sure it adorable, and a character at that smile.gif I hope the topical pepcid works. I didn't even know that such a thing existed. Maybe I'll look into that for Cody, my CRF kitty.

I hope you get sponsored very soon.  luck.gif

Tracy

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
There must be something about my computer keyboard that Guy likes ... on my desk, I have a big foam pad covered with a cat blanket, but he ignores that and lies down on the hard part of the desk resting against the keyboard.  So I move the keyboard a few inches to the side, and when he adjusts, he slides over to it.  If I look away for a minute, I find that he has "typed" something like +++++++++++++++++++.  Does that happen to all of you?  I wish he'd learn to spell better.  Well, this has been another chapter of "Guy, the Computer Inspector."

So far the transdermal gel of pepcid seems to be working ok.  So much easier to administer than pills.  I'll keep you posted.

Hi Aline and Martha Jane and Tracy.  (It's always fun to try to figure out who are the humans in the group names -- hope I got it right.)  

Did you know that Wild Oats supermarket sells cat by the pound? ...
[attachmentid=151]

Attached Files

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts

If I look away for a minute, I find that he has "typed" something like +++++++++++++++++++. Does that happen to all of you?

LOL, oh yeah.

[attachmentid=152]

That's great to hear that the transdermal pepcid seems to be working. I hope it works out fine  luck.gif

Hi Aline and Martha Jane and Tracy. (It's always fun to try to figure out who are the humans in the group names -- hope I got it right.)

Yep, you did smile.gif

LOL, I love that pic of Guy in the bag. That is too hilarious!  laugh.gif

Tracy  magicmoon.gif

Attached Files

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Tracy, that picture is hilarious.  You know how they say that if you put enough monkeys in a room with typewriters for long enough, eventually one of them will type Moby Dick.   So I'm still waiting for Guy to type the Great American Novel.  Maybe he and Cody could work together on it.    :rolleyes:

Edited by Mike (Guy's person), 06 February 2011 - 01:55 AM.

Baila

Baila

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
Mike you take a wide variety of great pictures and Guy is a terrific subject! I hope he's doing well!

Tracy, Mike is right
that picture is hilarious
. Talk about pictures saying a thousand words including that you must be at your computer a LOT!! Back when I had a computer my kitty would see me heading that way and determindly trot over there and do the same thing. Being on my lap was never good enough - being on my hands usually led to surrender and her receipt of the undivided. laugh.gif

Angels, if anyone is over here and enjoying these pictures please remember that Mike is really needing sponsorship.

Thank You in advance to any angels planning to sponsor Guy!

Martha Jane and Baila

Edited by Baila, 26 August 2006 - 01:50 PM.

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Well, I thought I'd put an update about the transdermal gel, in case anyone else is considering it.  The gel was not as effective as an equivalent oral dose, but I started putting it in Guy's ears twice a day and it seems to be doing the job.  And I haven't had tuna for a week.  Of course, there are still those tupperwares of tuna I had to store in the freezer!  I guess I'll catch up this week.
--Mike

Tracy IMOM

Tracy IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 3,567 posts
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update on how the dransdermal pepcid has been working out. I'm glad it's working out OK if you use it twice a day. I hope you and Guy are doing well.

Tracy  kittydrinking.gif

WIK Angel

WIK Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
Has this kitty been sponsored yet?

Kate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users