Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Thin Lizzy

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Magic Bullet Fund

Magic Bullet Fund

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Posted ImagePosted Image

From Lizzy's mom, Pamela:

Lizzy has been with me since she was 7 weeks old. I fell in love with her online and named her before I even got
her. She has been the love of my life and I endeavor to write several childrens' books about her called Thin Lizzy: The Tails of a Traveling
Motorcycle Dog; The Tails of a Traveling Service Dog and now my new thoughts are for another book; Thin Lizzy: The Tails of a Cancer Survivor Dog. She is very special to me and has helped me through many ups and downs and now it is my turn to help her through this battle with cancer.

Posted Image

Laurie Kaplan

Administrator, Magic Bullet Fund
Canine Cancer Consultations
Author, Help Your Dog Fight Cancer

Author, So Easy to Love, So Hard to Lose
Author, Feline and Canine Geriatric Oncology

Posted Image
These beautiful dogs had cancer treatment with the assistance of the Magic Bullet Fund!

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,916 posts
Thin Lizzie was also in touch with IMOM, so we feel like we know her personally.  Her mom is having issues trying to post but will be here soon, I'm sure.

You can see her fund raising progress at the Magic Bullet Fund's website http://www.themagicb...NeedFunds.shtml.  And if you can help, you can donate here!.

Thin Lizzie has so much personality.  We hope she can receive the funds she needs for her surgery.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Everyone! I am Pamela Matthews and this is my 5 year old Mini Dachshund "Thin Lizzy". Her fifth birthday is tomorrow May 14. In 2006 she was actually born on Mother's Day! Thin Lizzy was recently diagnosed with a Malignant Anal Sac Tumor. The Magic Bullet Fund and IMOM have graciously accepted us into their program for fundraising. I thank God everyday for the time I have had with Thin Lizzy and for the opportunity to work with these organizations to help fight for her life. Thin Lizzy has been an awesome pet, makes me laugh everyday and loves me like no other!

Attached Files

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Thin Lizzy is such an awesome name I must first say!  Welcome Pam!  

What a sweet photo, and born on mothers day, she has to be special!   Your children's stories sound very sweet too.  Come on Angels, lets make it so Pam can finish Thin Lizzy: The Tails of a Cancer Survivor Dog!

What kind of Cancer is this? Has she started Chemo? How many weeks is the Chemo treatments? Forgive me, I always am so interested in hearing everything and learning more.

Give her belly rubs from me, as that belly looks like it likes gentle belly rubs!

Melissa

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 13 May 2011 - 11:37 AM.

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks Melissa!

I say "Yes" to The Tails of a Cancer Survivor Dog! I was also thinking of trying to get her to become a Therapy dog, so that I could take her to see and comfort the cancer kids at Phoenix Primary Childrens Hospital, which is just a few blocks from me.

Thin Lizzy has an Anal Sac Tumor that needs surgery and then the plan is chemotherapy after that. Chemo for her will be for 6 weeks. So, got to fundraise quickly and get this all taken care of before it spreads!

Thin Lizzy was truly a " Mothers Day" gift to me! I am so grateful that I found her, online, named her right then and there before I even got her. We formed an instant bond when we finally met and I became a "Mother" all over again. Sometimes, she definitely is comparable to having a kid again! I love her so much and tomorrow is her official 5th birthday!      

Yes, I will give her a belly rub for you, she loves them!

Blessings

Pammy & Thin Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
"Happy Birthday, Thin Lizzy and may God grant you many more!"

Love from Pammy (your mommy)

:wbd3: Have a "Woofy Birth Day"

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Did Thin Lizzy have a good Bday!?  I see, so surgery then Chemo for 6 weeks. Got it.

Tell us more, tell us how much you need to raise as well.  I was looking at the MBF site, and it looks like $1455 more? Is this correct?

I hope all is ok today. Is your baby in any kind of pain? Does she know what is going on?

More belly rubs for Thin Lizzy coming your way!

Melissa

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Everyone! Thin Lizzy is doing fair this week. She is stable for now. I am so scared for her though. I have been praying and praying for help for her. I can only give it to God. She is so loving to me. The night before last, I think she was in pain. She usually sleeps between my knees, but that night she was sleeping at my head. Just  like she used to do when she was a puppy. She laid her head next to mine and went to sleep breathing heavily. We had sweet dreams together! Most nights she sleeps with her ball beside her, but she didn't that night either. She only needed my comfort and I hers. I am sending our love to all who have helped so far and praying that more donations come in before time runs out.
Blessings to all
Pammy & Thin Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi everyone. We had a pretty good week. My girlfriend treated Thin Lizzy to her very first Doggie Spa day and she looked so shiny when I picked her up. She also bought her a cute little pink dress and hat for her. She was going to paint her nails pink, too, but Lizzy wasn't having any of that! We are hoping she will be able to get her surgery very soon .
Blessing to All
Pammy & Thin Lizzy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Pam, how far are you way from raising the money you need to get Thin Lizzy into surgery? What is the update?

Melissa

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
According to the site, she still needs $1039.  I frequent the Magic Bullet site, and it really seems like the fundraising is going very slowly there these days-like most places.  :(  

I wish they could get more traffic-it seems like days go by sometimes with no new donations made.  And lately it looks like they have not been able to fully fund all the dogs-the fundraising time is limited (a month for chemo), and if they don't make their goal, they are still moved to funds raised.  I imagine because otherwise, some dogs might be there for months.  It is very sad.

Judy G.

Magic Bullet Fund

Magic Bullet Fund

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Judy, you couldn't be more right. Used to be I'd put a few dogs up on the site. Within A COUPLE OF DAYS , their fundraising goals were met so I'd move them to the Dogs Funded page. I actually had trouble going through applications and bringing  new dogs in fast enough!! Some days there were NO dogs on the Fundraising page because they got funded so fast and I couldn't keep up. Sadly, those days are gone. Now I'm getting twice as many applications and half the donations.

I hope things will pick up, the economy will improve and people will be able to donate again like they used to.

Laurie Kaplan

Administrator, Magic Bullet Fund
Canine Cancer Consultations
Author, Help Your Dog Fight Cancer

Author, So Easy to Love, So Hard to Lose
Author, Feline and Canine Geriatric Oncology

Posted Image
These beautiful dogs had cancer treatment with the assistance of the Magic Bullet Fund!

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
We have actually met our goal with a private donation to the Vet and Thin Lizzy is scheduled for surgery Monady am. I have 2 blessings this week. My oldest daughter age 37 had a severe heart attack Tuesday morning and is now doing much better. The getting nes of Lizzy's surgery. i am so happy and so blessed.
Hey Melissa! I have the first book written! Got to test read it on the grandkkids, yet. "The Wagging Tails of Thin Lizzy" have began. Make sure Iget your contact number/address before this is all over and I will send you one of the first copies! Thanks for your support!
Blessings Pammy & Thin Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

View PostMagic Bullet Fund, on 08 June 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

Judy, you couldn't be more right. Used to be I'd put a few dogs up on the site. Within A COUPLE OF DAYS , their fundraising goals were met so I'd move them to the Dogs Funded page. I actually had trouble going through applications and bringing  new dogs in fast enough!! Some days there were NO dogs on the Fundraising page because they got funded so fast and I couldn't keep up. Sadly, those days are gone. Now I'm getting twice as many applications and half the donations.

I hope things will pick up, the economy will improve and people will be able to donate again like they used to.

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thin Lizzy goes to surgery Monday morning and will start chemo 2 weeks after that. I am a bit nervous now that the time is here. The worst part is having to leave her in the hospital overnight. I will be so excited to pick her up on Tuesday. I am so glad that her treatment is finally starting. Pray for us and good luck to all of you, too.
Bleesings to all
Pammy & Thin Lizzy

Evbari

Evbari

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 195 posts
Pam,
I've been following your story and that is fantastic to hear! So glad that you were fundraising on your end for sweet Lizzy. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for the upcoming surgery. What a great belated birthday gift for LIzzy!

R.

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

View PostEvbari, on 12 June 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Pam,
I've been following your story and that is fantastic to hear! So glad that you were fundraising on your end for sweet Lizzy. Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for the upcoming surgery. What a great belated birthday gift for LIzzy!

R.

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you so much for following our story. Lizzy is doing fair. She is eating well but it hasn;t started coming out right yet. Stitches and all and site is pretty swollen. She cried all the way home from the vet wanting me to hold her. She is having a hard time walking around with the collar on, it catches on everything with her being so short to the ground! I hope she gets better fast! God Bless you all!

Pammy & Thin Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thin Lizzy is improving well! She got an infection in her incision and was palced on anitbiotics for a week and she is much better now. Chemo starts in one week! The ball is rolling and I am nervous again!
Blessing Pammy & Lizzy

Evbari

Evbari

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 195 posts

View PostPam&Lizzy, on 21 June 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

Thin Lizzy is improving well! She got an infection in her incision and was palced on anitbiotics for a week and she is much better now. Chemo starts in one week! The ball is rolling and I am nervous again!
Blessing Pammy & Lizzy

Thanks for the update Pam. Sorry to hear an infection developed but I'm sure those antibiotics knocked it right out. Appetite still good?? Here's to hoping Lizzy does well with the chemo and it rids the cancer completely. Give Lizzy a big hug for me. Please keep us updated.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
1st off: Congrats on getting your book written!
Now, Congrats on raising all the money!!! This is great news for Thin Lizzy.  How is Thin Lizzy doing? All healed up better now? Bummer about infection, but it happens!  Hang in there, I just went through Chemo with one of my babies, and you would have never known he was on it. So hopefully Thin Lizzy will have no side effects either!

*HUG* Happy for you!
Melissa

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
[quote name='Melissa IMOM' timestamp='1308778655' post='111057']
1st off: Congrats on getting your book written!
Now, Congrats on raising all the money!!! This is great news for Thin Lizzy.  How is Thin Lizzy doing? All healed up better now? Bummer about infection, but it happens!  Hang in there, I just went through Chemo with one of my babies, and you would have never known he was on it. So hopefully Thin Lizzy will have no side effects either!

*HUG* Happy for you!
Melissa

Hi Everyone! Thank you all so very much for your support! Thin Lizzy is doing Fantastic! She got her first Chemo treatment Monday and I was totally expxecting the worse, for the side effects etc. But, no problems what so ever! I would never have known she got any chemo, by the way she is acting. She seems a little tired, but is eating even more than usual. I got a real shocker  though. I thought (that's what I get for thinking) that the chemo was for 6 weeks and found out Monday that it is 16 week!. I nearly gave birth to a cow! I had no idea! Oh well, if the next 4 months is anything like this last week, then we got it made! I thank God every day for my Lizzy and for all of your support. We couldn't have gotten this far without any of you! God Bless you!
Love and Light to All
Pammy & Thin LIzzy

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
Hi Pam,

It's great to hear that Lizzy is doing so well.  What a little trouper!  Thanks for keeping us all updated.  I hope things just get better and better for Lizzy and you.  :aktion033:

Judy G.

Pam&Lizzy

Pam&Lizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Everyone! Thin Lizzy is doing quite well. She is a trouper! She went in for her first Chemo 10 days ago and had some blood work done today and is scheduled for another round of chemo July 21. She gets so nervous when we go to the Vet though, sits on my lap ans shakes the whole time. Going to try some rescue remedy before her next visit, see if it helps calm her any. Good luck to all of you and your special pets, you are all in our prayers, too!

Blessings Pammy & Lizzy

Attached Photo is Thin Lizzy's first professional photo. It was taken at Villa La Paws Grand Openning of their Dog Obedience Traing Center in Phx. They let me hold a raffle for a fundraiser for her and she got this photo taken free, while attending the open house. She looks like she is really smiling!

Attached Files

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
This is a model shot! Very precious!  She is super adorable in this picture!  

I hope Chemo goes smooth and really helps Thin Lizzy. I'll be pulling for her here.

Melissa/IMOM

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
my boys and I are praying for you and sending love. Merry Christmas and many more to come with Lizzy :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users