Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - part 8

• Please log in to reply
5767 replies to this topic

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
I hope your feeling better soon Cindy, and safe trip to the Dr's tomorrow, I hope the roads aren't too bad. Sending you some healing vibes. I'm so glad the boys are nursing Mom back to health. It was -7 here this morning but up to 35 when I got out of work. Talk about one extreme to another. Hopefully this is the last of the bitter cold, not sure how much more I can take.

Feel better soon my friend hope all is well

Hugs to you and the boys
Deb, Spike(RB 3/13/07), Riley (RB 8/12/13), Tigger, Jake, Tyson and Jax

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
I didn't want to put Callie back on Keppra but now I am glad I did. She seems so much better. We all hope you feel better.

XOXO for Tuck and Justice

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
quick, but great update...

Tuck is at NINETEEN DAY'S!!!

====T :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream4: :turtle3:  ====

Justice is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=================J :icecream3: :turtle:   =================

Hi Deb, the doc is changing some meds, and hoping that makes this intense nausea resolve. I am really trying to stay out of the hospital-I would be so stressed worrying abt the boyz. I'm not being stupid though-the doc agrees with me...for now.
Our forecast keeps changing. First they said tonight will start out with rain, then turn to ice and then 6.1" of snow by noon tmw. Another channel says rain then 1-2" of snow (I like that channels forecast better!!lol).
I hope u guys don't get slammed with the storm coming tonight and tmw!
stay warm!
Hugs

Hi Juli, Thanks so much-the boyz loved the hugs and kisses.
I was trying to think how long Callie has been off Keppra-has it been a couple of years? I'm thinking it was before u 'retired' from IMOM. Of course my concept of time is always way off.
:banana:  it's so great u have noticed she is better. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers that she leaves the Keppra Kids at some point once again. The boyz say she is their role model.
Hugs to u and all the kitties

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
Keeping fingers crossed Cindy that you don't have to go in the hospital and the medicine change helps. I know how you feel, but at least you have your family to take care of the boys if you do have to go in. I don't have anyone, its always a worry for me if anything happens.

We can get anywhere from 6-12 inches of snow, but its going to be spread out over the day and supposed to start about 4am. Probably going to be like Monday was, crappy roads because the kids are out of school and they don't get the plows out as early for us measly workers that pay their salaries thru our taxes.

Hmmm National Weather Service says 8-12 inches for us. Wonder which one is going to be correct :/

Hope your feeling better and hugs and smoochies for the nursemaids and yourself of course XXX

Posted ImagePosted Image

We don't get over losing the dogs who have been a part of our lives. We just get used to living without them. --Jim Willis

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hi Cindy, I sure hope you feel better very soon and don't need to go to the hospital.

The weather is weird here too, and it's cold. In fact, it may even snow here tomorrow night, for the first time in 35 years! Me and Larry and the kitties all plan to stay inside and observe that funny-looking white stuff from the safety and comfort of our living room.

I'm always happy to see dual trains. Please tell both boyz that Auntie Laurie sends hugs to them. And I'm sending hugs to you too.

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
Hi Cindy,

Tell the boys not so quick on Callie being their role model. She had another partial yesterday. I am betting she needs Keppra three times a day instead of twice. I think she went off Keppra in 2008. I still have the old bottle. In my mind it was bad luck to throw it away. So I will check and let you know if I was wrong with 2008.

I sure how you are feeling better and don't need to go into the hospital!!

Hey Laurie, don't just sit there and watch the white stuff. You are supposed to bundle up and go out and play in it. We've gotten the white stuff three times this year. More than enough for one year!

Juli

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
I don't know how it is at Cindy's but today going to work was the WORST day of the winter...I work 4 miles from home and it took me 25 minutes to get there...everyone was late and it's QUIET as can be...

Snow is expected all day and the road crews aren't making a dent in things here...We only had snow, none of the sleet and freezing rain predicted...but, Cindy's is warmer than us so she might have a combination of everything...

Cindy, hoping that you feel better today...

I still have to get an email off to Kay to check and see what her spring/summer/fall plans are...

Hugs to you all...stay inside today and watch it snow...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
We have power!!! We lost power abt 3AM. I was so glad I had turned on the electric fireplace at bedtime. I don't normally keep it on  after I turn out the lights, but it was cold and sleeting outside and Justie gets so cold now. I was really glad when the power went out that the bedroom was warm. It certainly got cold as the hours went by, but not as bad as it would have been.

The boyz are doing pretty well. There are 2 gas fireplaces downstairs, so they've been hanging there.

Thank goodness the nausea/vomiting is better-cuz I couldn't have got to the hospital anyway!

Hi Deb, I am indeed very lucky the boyz and I have 'family' here to help if I ever need to be hospitalized. It would not stop me from worrying a lot though. I love everyone here, but in the past when I would be gone some mistakes with meds were made. I honestly couldn't have made it any easier for them giving the meds-but they still have forgotten to give them. I truly understand that when u aren't used to giving meds, it can be easy to forget...but u have to find a way to remember. So...I would def be worried-plus I would worry if the boyz would be stressed. But, at least I know  they would be well cared for.
I hope u didn't get slammed with snow or ice!
hugs

Hi Laurie, I have been thinking of u a lot the last several weeks.Thanks so much for checking up on us.
LOL, I'm like Juli-go out and play in the snow woman! I guess snow would shut ur city down. Do u even have coats, gloves, etc (I have no idea how cold it usually gets there)? Put layers on and go outside and look up at the sky as the snow is coming down and taste some of those new snowflakes. There is something special abt a first snow (esp in 35 years!!).
You have fun wherever u are if/when it snows, and be sure and give belly kisses and snuggles to the kitties.
hugs!

Hi Juli, Rats!! I'm sorry Callie had a partial yesterday. I hope she doesn't need to go to Keppra three X/day. I know that's how it's spose to be given for best results, but I (as well as ur vet and u) sure was hoping 2 doses/day would be just enough for her brain. Hopefully it was one little blip, and she'll be seizure free.
So does getting snow 3 times this year shut ur city down...I mean it's not really usual for u guys to have snow...or is it?
Special hugs to Callie, and hugs to all the kids.
Hugs

Hi Judy, holy cow-what a snow storm!!! I was hoping u would not need to go in to work today at all. I hoped the boss would call all employees and say to stay home-at least until noon.
I know what it was like inside the house, I can't imagine driving in it! Be careful going home.
We did indeed get sleet first-it started abt 11PM. It was still sleeting with high winds when we lost power at 3AM. Then snow started. We couldn't even see the barn this AM due to the high winds and snow. The snow was coming down really fast.
Our driveway had to be plowed a couple hours ago-even with everyone else having jeeps with 4-wheel drive-they couldn't even go down the driveway. So hopefully now we can get somewhere if there is an emergency.
I guess it's over for today, and maybe an inch or two tmw. Then can u believe-thunderstorms and heavy rain Sunday night/Monday!! There will be lots of flooding!
So stay safe and warm. I'm glad u don't need to go to work tmw.
Let me know what Kay says--she just has to come this year!!!
hugs to all!

Tuck is at TWENTY DAY'S!!!

===T1 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :turtle3:     ===

Justice is at FOUR DAY'S!!!

===================J :icecream4: :turtle:  ====================

Thanks so much angels!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
Well we had a just hunky dory snowstorm today. It started snowing about 5am and dummy me went to work. The roads were horrible, it was like they hadn't even touched some of the secondary ones.  Luckily I only saw one stupid reckless driver this morning and he was not going in my direction. But it was miserable all day today and then got really windy, complete white outs on the way home. Not a trip I want to make again real soon. I hope this is the last of it, I'm tired and I want to mow my lawn and relax ;)

Tomorrow I'm helping my cousin move. I'm so glad the storm is over but still going to get our exercise trudging thru the snow to load and unload. Going to be a work out with that lol

I'm so glad your starting to  feel better, I hope it continues, you've got some wonderful nursemaids there :)

Hope it warms up so you all can get out and play in the snow. Really looking forward to 50 degrees on Monday.

Love and hugs

Posted ImagePosted Image

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
Hi Cindy,

Snow shuts us down if it doesn't melt on the road when it falls. We had a real bad storm in January. My grandmother died on Friday and we were expecting lots of snow Sunday evening. I was lucky enough to get a flight to PA Sunday afternoon before it all started. My husband stayed behind to take care of the cats since it was doubtful a petsitter could get to us. He was stuck at home for a couple of days. School was out the entire week. I returned by car with my parents and there was more snow in PA and along the way but our worse travel was in the county I lived in! Snow was on the ground for over a week which is unusual for us. Usually it snows and melts the next day or day after. That's how I like it.

Callie is doing well. How are the boys?

Juli

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The boyz have been out in the snow several times today. With rain coming tmw, and heavy rain/thunderstorms coming Monday it may be their last romp this season in 10" of snow...I hope.

Justice is like a bunny hoping thru the snow. They both enjoy playing in it. Justie is shorter, so he has snowballs all over his belly when he comes in-partly his height and probably mostly just loving to jump in virgin snow.
Tuck has longer legs and tends to stay in the areas with less snow, although I saw him making some new paths today. He just doesn't hop thru the virgin snow like Justie, he kinda plows thru it as best as he can. LOL.

Hi Deb, gosh it sounded like it certainly was a stressful drive u had. I hate driving when it feels like my fingers are plastered to the steering wheel becuz it's been so stressful. I really hope this was winters final blast for u and me. I can't believe the thunderstorms coming tmw night and Monday.
Well Justie has his surgery to take off the tumor on his bum on Wednesday, and at least it's supposed to be nice weather.
I hope ur cousins move was uneventful. I imagine there was lots of trudging thru the snow.
Stay warm!
Hugs

Hi Juli, My bro lived in the south for awhile after college, and he thought it was so funny that when they got even under an inch of snow that everything shut down. Of course he came from OH and was used to lots of snow.
Does ur county even have salt trucks/snow plows? We were wondering that last night when we were talking abt the snow that has come, or may come to places that don't typically get snow-if u don't have the city trucks to help with snow, then I guess it would shut down a city if there was much snow.
Oh, Juli, it must have been so hard to lose ur grandma and have to worry abt snow. I'm really sorry abt ur grandma.
It's great to know Callie is doing well!! WHOO-HOO!!
The boyz are good...in fact Tuck is great. Today is special...he gets a 21-butt salute!!! I thought it had been at least a year since he had reached 21 days seizure free-but I bet it's been 2-3 years!!!
XX OO to the kitties.
Have a WBD!!

Tuck is at TWENTY-ONE DAY'S!!!

===T1 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: =====  

===T2 :1icecream: :turtle3:  === :dogsled: ===============

Justice is at FIVE DAY'S!!!

================J :icecream5: :turtle:  =================

Tuck's 21-butt salute coming soon.

Thanks so much angel sponsors-the boyz Keppra and Felbatol arrived today. Bless each one of u for saving my boyz.
We love u.

Edited by k9sign, 26 February 2011 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
TUCK'S TWENTY-ONE BUTT SALUTE!!

In recognition of Tuckie going 21 days without seizure butt meds!

:spot :beagle:  :dal:  :four:  :anidogfris:  :magicmoon:  :pp_animal_362:  :pp_animal_554:  :pp_animal_556:

:pp_animal_568:  :EMOTITWOCATS:  :minichat6:  :minichien2:  :minichien6:  :motimonkey:  :banana:    

:catinmoon: :pom2: :pp_animal_261:  

:collie:  

Thanks so much IMOM, volunteers and sponsors for making this 21-butt salute happen!
Posted Image

Juli

Juli

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 229 posts
All of us here are wiggling our butts in salute for Tucker!!! So glad he made it to 21 days. Keep going Tucker!!!

My husband and I can't remember but we think Atlanta only has like 6 snow plows. When I was at my grandparents and it snowed I laid in bed and could hear the snow plows at 5 a.m. the morning after a snow. That's our problem here. We live in the far back of a hilly, shaddy neighborhood with a long, shaddy driveway. We don't own a snow shovel but our neighbors who moved here from MD lent my husband one while I was gone. If we can get out of our neighborhood and get to the main roads we are usually ok. It's crazy. Thank goodness it is going to be 76 here tomorrow!!!

Callie had a good day. :)

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Well, no snow for us here in Sacramento. It was cold enough, but it was completely clear all night last night. I think the weather people have been enjoying a bit too much of the ole wacky tobaccky. :smokin:  

Cindy, we actually do have coats and gloves and stuff. Hardly ever need them here in Sac, but a 45-minute drive from here and we're up in the mountains where there's lots of snow. Larry actually likes playing in it; me, not so much. I did go sledding a few years ago (with friends who had a small child) and that was fun, but I think that'll be plenty for me til about 2016.

View Postk9sign, on 26 February 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

The boyz are good...in fact Tuck is great. Today is special...he gets a 21-butt salute!!! I thought it had been at least a year since he had reached 21 days seizure free-but I bet it's been 2-3 years!!!

This is just the most amazing and wonderful news. Wow! So happy to read this. And happy that Justice is right there on the train too.

Juli, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma. I am glad though that Miss Callie Ripkin had a good day.

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
wow 2-3 years since Tuckies last 21 butt salute! Well then this one is even more special. WOO HOO Tuckie, you go buddy :) I'm so happy for all of you.

Yea that storm was the pits, hit just at the wrong time. If it had hit a couple hours earlier I would have called in for sure. Today was sure a long one, I'm exhausted, got my cousin mostly moved and I get to use her washer and dryer for at least a year, so we had to move those in too. I'm so tired it isn't funny. I think we're supposed to be at 50 degrees on Monday with rain too, not looking forward to all the slush thats gonna come from that.

Tigger was so funny. He came in and went into the laundry room and saw the new washer and dryer and stopped dead, then turned and ran. I had to take treats and toss them to him to get him to go in there. he used the litter box so all is good. Silly cat, I guess he was used to the old ones.

I'll be thinking of Justice on Wednesday, hope all goes well, which I'm sure it will.

Still so happy to see those dual trains. Keep it up boys :)

Love and hugs

Posted ImagePosted Image

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Thank goodness I logged into IMOM in time for this rare and wonderful butt salute for Tucker.  Way to go buddy!!!!

Posted Image

That was black kitty Lola doing a butt/tail salute.

Did I miss something about Justice?  What's happening on Wednesday?

Since I know Juli visits here, I hope it's ok to leave a brief note wishing Callie and all your kitties the best.  I was printing out Guy's thread, and the avatars from the early pages are missing ... but ... luckily I had saved those early pages a few years ago, and found one with your "rotating" avatar of all four kitties.  So I was able to capture all four images of Cooper, Ava, Callie, and Tori and paste them into my new printouts.  I even found Kim's old Teddie avatar with the crown and pasted that in too!

Love, Mike

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Aw thanks everyone for helping to celebrate Tuckie's 21-butt salute!!! :wub:

Tuckiebutt has been celebrating all day, and is now fast asleep. He will stay that way until I say their fave word 'medicine'-then both boyz wake up and run downstairs to the kitchen and wait for their meds.

Posted Image

I normally do Tuck's inhaler around now, but he is sleeping so soundly (snoring) I hate to wake him. It is another fave word of Tuck's--"puffer"--it means for Tuck to come to the edge of the bed and sit and wait for mommy to put the inhaler mask up to his mouth/nose and use the "puffer". Of course he gets a treat afterwards for being such a good boy. I will have to say "puffer" soon, and he will look something like this:

Posted Image

Hi Juli, oh my...76 degrees! That's insane!! Well the good news with only 6 snow plows is that ur city must not use a lot of funds for the massive amounts of salt that gets put down here.
I know what u mean abt a shady place not melting. The country roads leading to a main road here are full of trees, (and we have woods here on the property too) and it's a wonderful drive, especially when the leaves are changing-but of course it holds the ice and snow. The winding country roads have a river running nearby, so when the rains come Monday, we will certainly see lots of flooding since the snow will melt so quickly.
When Kay and Judy come (we meet at the freeway and then I drive them the last 20 minutes to home) i drive the more scenic way-but I hope the high water doesn't take out any bridges so when they come in the Spring, we can still go that way.
Of course the 3 of us are talking, so maybe they don't notice the scenery anyway. LOL.
Please give all the babies a smooch from me.
Hugs!

Hi Laurie. ROTFLMAO--"wacky tobackky"--yes, I do believe the Ohio meteorologists are often smokin' the same stuff as the CA ones do. Sometimes we get "the sky is falling, th sky is falling". But they did get the last 2 snow storms right-darn it!
Ohhhh the mountains. I haven't been in the mountains for such a long time. There is something abt the mountains that make me feel very spiritual and free.The few times I have been in the mountains (hiking and skiing in the Colorado Rockies) I actually felt a tug in my heart when I had to leave.
You guys are so lucky. Even if u don't play in the snow...just being there. Oh, I miss them.
Please give a belly kiss to every kitty-k?
hugs to u and Larry.

Hi Deb, wow, u had a long hard day. You mentioned that the washer/dryer are in ur laundry room--so did ur cousin move in with u?
What a funny reaction Tigger had. These babies def keep us smiling!!
Thanks, I'm sure Justie will be a trooper and won't even need sedation-just the local. Of course if he needs some sedation he will get what he needs. He was amazing with the biopsy, and Niki said it was deeper then what she will be doing, and he handled it without a flinch. I am actually a little more worried abt the blood work--I hope he isn't hypo-thyroid or have any other issue. This poor kid just doesn't need to take more meds. Of course it also would mean labs more often. So, I hope his labs are all normal.
hope u are asleep and getting some good rest.

Hi Mike, oh, Lola thank u for the black kitty Lola butt salute!!! It is very elegant looking...or looks like a male cat ready to spray. LOL.  But since u are a girl--it looks elegant. :)
No worries abt Justice. I found a raised black area on his bum last month and it was biopsied. It came back as a benign melanocytoma. But even though it was benign, the pathologist said he would "sleep better knowing it was fully excised". So...it will be fully excised on Wednesday. Justie also is having some hypo-thyroid symtoms, so he'll have some blood work done too.
Thanks for worrying abt Justice (and Tuck) Uncle Mike.
Absolutely u can always leave "a note" here for others. Juli is pretty special to both u and me and our kids.
You sure brought back memories abt Juli's kitty avatar and Kim's wee Teddie with the crown.
So u are printing out all the pages on Guy's thread? That will be massive, but what a keepsake.
Please hug Lola for me...and take care of urself!!
Hugs!!

Thanks so much angels!

Edited by k9sign, 27 February 2011 - 04:32 PM.
spelling

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
The boyz are doing fine. They have been out in the big yard several times. The snow is melting, and some area's that were shoveled are slushy. It's sunny and 51 degree's right now! But rain and storms are a comin'. I am hoping te change in barometric pressure and the t-storms don't cause either little boy to fall off the train.

Tuckie is at TWENTY-TWO DAY'S!!!

=====T1 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5:  =====

=====T2 :icecream2: :turtle3:  === :dogsled: ================

Justice is at SIX DAY'S!!!

============J :icecream5: :1icecream: :turtle:  =============

Thanks ever so much angels!!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
What a trooper Tuckie is sitting there so still for his puffer. Jake would be trying to eat it lol

No my cousin didn't move in with me. She moved to a smaller apartment and they have a laundry room so I'm "storing" her washer and dryer for her with usage privileges. If in a year she decides to move and can have them I'll give them back and get my own, or buy hers and she can get new ones. Its so nice to have a properly working washer I know that much. She got almost everything else moved today and tomorrow after work I gotta go help her finish up and clean. Then we will be done. I really hate moving, whether its me or someone else. I told her tonight that she needs to stay put for at least 10 years lol

Hoping all of Justice's bloodwork comes back normal, I agree this poor guy does not need more meds.

Hoping I can get to bed early tonight, feeling very tired and flustered. I really wish I had taken Friday as a snow day. I might take this Friday though, I just need a day to veg.

Love and hugs to you and the boys

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,103 posts
We are so sorry that we missed Tucker's 21 b-salute day, but we are so, so very happy to see "our" boy reach that milestone!  Now, please stop having snow so we can head west...

Attached File  mugs_21a.jpg   17.02K   48 downloads

and an extra - for good luck :)

Attached File  moon_mugsy.jpg   6.88K   48 downloads

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Oh Shoot !!!!
We missed Tuck's 21 - Butt Salute ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
:blush:
Belated Posted Image Tuckie !!!
We love you very much !!!!  :heart: :wub: :heart:
And know your mama is VERY proud and happy (as we ALL are) that you've come so far :banana:
Keep on chuggin' sweetie pie !!!

Justie ~ we're very happy to see you on the train with your brudder !!!  :biggrin: :waycool:
You're always in my prayers - and will be saying some extra ones, and sending healing energy and white
light to you on Wednesday.  We want everything - and I mean 'everything' to come 'out' GOOD !!!!!!! :wub:

Miss Cindy ~ I'm praying "you" are feeling MUCH MUCH better...and your adjustment in meds has done the trick.
I hope you know you (and the boyz) are always and forever held tight in my heart, my prayers and my
most utmost positive thoughts.
I love y'all very much ~ and I'm sending you LOTS of special HUGS !!!

We didn't get snow :sad:  I'm so sorry you couldn't get to the Post Office to send us any...:P That would have
been so much fun !!! :biggrin:  I know our mailman would have really loved you too ;)  We got lots of rain and a little bit of hail -- snow in our local mountains - but, it didn't quite turn into "The Storm of The Century"  -  they had
everyone stoked up for  :rolleyes:   'The Bandit' did get scared with some of the real heavy down pours at times - and so he needed a lot of extra cuddling and reassurance.

Oops --- I think he knows I'm tellin' on him ... he's talkin' to you right this second !!!!! :lol:
Here's his salute to Tuckie:   :four:
(just pretend it's waaay bigger, has BIG blue eyes, and LOTS of fur)  ;)

Give each of the boyz plenty of special kisses, belly rubs, hugs and cuddles from their Auntie Donna  ~
The tiny man in the cat suit, sends you special purrs and head butts !!

And as always, we both send ALL of our Love,

Posted Image

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
What an absolutely horrible night for Justice. We had thunderstorms that started at 10PM, and became severe near MN and continued until 5:50AM-most of that time they continued to be severe-u know the kind that sounds like it's right on top of ur house and is rattling windows.

Justice was absolutely petrified. He has been handling storms so much better with the calming collar on, but with it continuing for nearly 8 hours, and 6 of those hours being severe-it was just too much for him even with the calming collar and then I added the Thundershirt. I do wish I had got them on him sooner though-the storm wasn't supposed to start until after MN, and I didn't hear it in the beginning.
Both of us were up all night. Justice was all over the place-he wanted held, then not, then wanted out of my room, then not, in the bathroom, under the covers, off the bed, on the bed, mommy laying on the floor holding, then not....well u get the drift. I wish I could have done something to help him. Then of course when the seizures started  (he had numerous partials and a grand mal) his brain perceives things differently and it became more frightening to him.

I don't ever remember a storm of that intensity lasting so many hours and feeling like it was over the house for 6 of 8 hours.

Tuck slept a lot, although a few times he lifted his head and watched all the commotion, but went back to sleep-thank goodness. I just hope Tuck got enough uninterrupted sleep, becuz when he doesn't get good sleep he can have seizures.

I was reading in The Farmers Almanac abt the Spring, and it said here in the Midwest will be a season of more thunderstorms then usual...oh great.

Justice is obviously exhausted today, and I'm trying to keep things dark and quiet for him for awhile.

Hi Deb, I sure hope u did get restful sleep-esp since u need to work. I hope u can take Friday off and have a day to veg!!!
hugs

Hi Kay, well not much snow right now-the ONLY good thing abt all the rain. So could u maybe swim here???
Tuckie thanks Mugs for the 21 butt salute plus one. He is still on track!!!!
hugs!!

Hi Donna, thanks for all the caring thoughts. I am still having nausea but was feeling a bit better. Last night sure didn't help me-def not feeling well today, but my little Justie couldn't help it. I just hope the storms are over for now. I am very happy Justie's surgery isn't until Wednesday-it will give both of us some time to recover.
I saw the pic of BBB u posted last night--what a handsome lad.
hugs

So far Tuck is on still on track. I'll try to get back on later.

Thanks so much angels!
Posted Image

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Poor Justice.  Cindy, you are such a loving mom to stay up with him.  I hope you can get a nap today and feel a little better yourself.

In one of the threads for the emergency newcomers, one of our aunties wrote about not borrowing worries from the future ... we all have enough worries now, and after all the future is uncertain.  So don't think about whether there will be more thunderstorms.  Maybe there will and maybe there will not.  Let's just try to have a good day today.  Love, Mike

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Tuckie is still on track!!! :banana:

Justice has had a few more partial seizures today  :sad:

I am really glad Justie's surgery and labs are not tmw. There is flooding all around us, and any way I know of to get to the freeway is blocked off due to the Mohican and Clearfork rivers flooding. Judy and Kay will recognize the town of Bellville where Dutch Heritage is, and also more in to town where the Gazebo is--well all roads in and out of Bellville are closed.
Tmw I need to go into the closer village of Butler (I have to go way out of the way to even get there due to flooding), and while I am there I am going to stop into the police dept (if anyone is there--I think there is only 1 officer) and see if anyone knows what roads are still closed in Bellville (the next town), and have a plan for Wednesday to get to Columbus. Since we aren't having additional rain, I hope things will open tmw at some point-but it's good to have a backup plan.

Hi, Mike, well not much rest for either Justice or me today. Justie is very insecure and then had some mild seizure activity-but he is doing better the past 2 hours.

When it was posted I actually read what one of the aunties wrote on another thread abt not borrowing worries from the future (I *think* it may have been Paula??). I guess it stuck with both of us, becuz earlier today I said it after I was talking to my friends (really my family) that I live with,  and I mentioned worrying abt future storms. Then I said that someone wrote something to the effect to not  borrow worries from the future--then I come here and u wrote the same thing. Do-do-do-do do-do-do do (insert twilight zone music). It is absolutely true...but not always so easy to do. But a good thing to be reminded of!

I am trying to figure out what to do to help Justice with future storms, and we came up with putting the laundry bin (it's cloth with a frame) backwards into the closet -where he can get out, but also can't see the lightening. He has issues with both the sound and light, and my curtains don't block the lightening.

Justie has gone into the bathroom and knocked the cloth laundry bin over and crawled in during storms before (although since wearing the 'calming collar' he hasn't needed to do that until last night). So I took him into the bathroom during the night and was going to put the bin on it's side, and wouldn't u know that just then came the lightening and the whole bathroom lit up, and then he was scared to death of the bathroom. So, I brought the bin out into my bedroom and tried to turn it so he wouldn't easily see the lightening, but we just couldn't get away from it. So now I have a plan for next time with the closet--I'll keep trying to figure out ways to make it better for him in case we have severe storms again.

Justie was acting a little 'off' earlier in the evening, so I do wonder if the grand mal was going to happen anyway becuz of the barometric change (has def brought on seizures), and his brain was already perceiving things differently and that's why he was so terrified of the storm when he had been doing better.
I guess I'll never know.

I hope u and Lola have been  having a wiggle butt day!!!
Love and hugs!

Tuckie is at TWENTY-THREE DAY'S!!!  :magicmoon:

=====T1 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5:   =====

=====T2 :icecream3: :turtle3: === :dogsled: =================  

Here is Justie in the laundry bin during a storm last August

Posted Image

Is the storm over yet??

Posted Image

Thanks so very much dear angels!!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
Oh no poor Justice :(, I would suggest that if you know its supposed to storm that night put it on before you go to bed. I know you can't have it on him when he's down stairs I'd keep it on him as much as possible. One thing I noticed with Riley is if I take his off the smell still lingers a bit around his neck for a while and keeps him calm. I hope he gets back on the train soon, and you both get your rest.

So glad that Tuckie stayed calm and slept most of the night too. He's doing so well, its great :)

I didn't realize you had that much flooding, hope the roads are clear for Wednesday. We had some rain this morning, and it was warm so it melted a lot of the snow. It was nice it rained so hard my truck is clean lol. I guess we have some more snow coming on the weekend, Sat is supposed to be nice but Sunday is supposed to be crappy. I wish it would end already, I've had enough.

Love and Hugs

Posted ImagePosted Image

TamayasLori

TamayasLori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Cindy,

I've been worried about you, the boyz and the flooding.  I'm glad that you all are safe and dry if somewhat stranded.  Poor Justice. I can certainly understand how he feels though.  When the lightening gets going, it can trigger my migraines, especially if it's at night and there is no light from lamps to help offset the strobe effect.  Give him a kiss for me and tell him I know how he feels.  I hope we're finished with the thunderstorms for a while now so that Justice can get back on the train.

I'm so happy for Tuckie that he's gone 23 days without seizures.  That's totally awesome.

Stay safe,

Lori

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,180 posts
Tuck and Justice have been outside several times today-it's been 40 degrees and sunny with no rain or snow!!! :anidogfris:

Tuckie is a bit more ataxic today then he has been for over a week. I am going to believe he got a tad more phenobarb the last couple doses and maybe that's why. His dosing is such that he gets 1.5 pills twice/day, and the pills are quite small, and even though they are scored, it's hard to get an exact 1/2 pill. The neuro said the difference would be extremely minimal, but today I am hoping it has made just enough of a difference to cause Tuck to be more off balance and weak back legs then he has been.

Justice has bounced back and hopped back on the seizure free train. I am really glad since his surgery is tmw.

Thankfully most roads I normally use have opened. I will need to make a few changes, but I can get to the freeway tmw. When I went to get a prescription in Bellville. I couldn't  believe the sink holes that literally swallowed some businesses and roads. Thank goodness no rain is expected until Friday, so at least there are a couple days where the rivers have a chance to recede.
I know in OH at least one woman, a 51 year old mom, wife and a nurse, on her way to work with cancer patients died when she didn't know the river suddenly went over the road becuz it was 6AM and dark. Her car was swept away yesterday and she was found in her car today.
She didn't realize, or thought it was only a few inches-- but everyone please don't drive thru water-as they say "turn around, don't drown." It's not worth it.

Hi Deb, yup, that was my plan to put the Calming Collar on at bedtime, but Carol came up at 10pm to turn off her computer and asked if I knew it was thundering. It came earlier then expected. I had hoped even putting it and then the Thundershirt on after the storm started would have at some point calmed him in that 6-8 hour period. Of course u never know if it would have even been worse without them.
I know they have helped in the past, this was just so severe and so many hours long it was too much for him to handle.
It still amazes me that over a year ago he was not scared of storms in the slightest. He and Tuck would have seizures with fast barometric changes, but not from fear.  poor munchkin.
The weather people can't decide if we will get rain or snow this weekend-maybe both. Enough already!!!
hope u had the sunny day too today!
hugs

Hi Lori, oh I can understand abt ur migraines and strobe lights. I used to have migraines too-mine stopped after several years-I was extremely lucky. I wish u the same.
With the boyz, especially Tuck, I have to be careful with flashing lights-we don't even have Xmas lights that blink, and I don't have the TV on at night in the dark. If Tuck is in my bedroom during a storm, I always turn him away from the lightening. He can still see it, but it's not direct flashes.  I really wish I had blinds on the windows to block the flashing lightening-both becuz of seizures, and so Justie wouldn't panic with the flashes.
Thanks for thinking and worrying abt us. Thankfully (except when it's snow/ice and I can't get up the driveway) we live up on a hill, so we are always safe from flooding...it's just getting places that's hard!
hugs!!!

Tuckie is at TWENTY-FOUR DAY'S!!!

=====T1 :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5: :icecream5:    =====

=====T2 :icecream4: :turtle3:  === :dogsled: =================

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!

================J :1icecream: :turtle:  ==================

I'm not sure what time Justice and I will be home tmw, but I will update as soon as I get him settled and give Tuckie a bit of time.

Thanks so much angels!!!
Posted Image

Debs

Debs

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,830 posts
I know with Riley if he gets fearful of something and I don't catch him he stays fearful as long as whatever is causing it is there. I just can't imagine it storming like that for 6-8 hours, and I can understand why he had the seizure, I love thunderstorms but I think if they went on that long it would drive me crazy too. I am sure it did help him compared to not having it at all. But I'm so glad he's bounced back, Lets hope there is no more storms for quite a while.

I just saw on the news tonight about the flooding. Unbelievable how this weather is creating havoc. The run off here has been amazing. My back yard is all ice on the path to the pen because it gets warm during the day and freezes at night. I know in another month it will be a mud pit. I can't wait til summer.

We're supposed to start out warm tomorrow and then by late afternoon be down to 8 degrees (enough of this crap already too :( ) then warm up by the weekend with another storm on Sunday.

I just love the roll that Tucker is on, I hope he continues and gets to the Hawaii 5 0!!

I hope you have a safe trip tomorrow and all goes well with Justice.

Love and hugs

Posted ImagePosted Image

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
:pp_animal_568:

Hi Cindy,

GREAT   to see both boys back on the train.  I hope you're feeling better too Cindy ...pls take care of yourself ...your sweet boys need their Momma!  

I've been seeing some of the flooding on the News here in Ohio ....looks frightening.....glad you're being cautious.

Sending tummy rubs to the boys, and hugs to you all .....Auntie Susan & MisChief just loved seeing their  pix ...they are adorable.  Especially loved those ":fancy pants"!!!

Take care my friend.

:hugs:

Susan, MisChief
   & FurAngel ZOOM

Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 610 posts
Don't get any ideas, Susan.  I have dibs on the fancy pants. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users