Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jamie K. - IMOM

Honey Lundstrom - 6-Year-Old St. Bernard with Pyometra

116 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Pyometra

Treatment: Surgery and Medications

Low end of estimate: $1,201

Less applicant contribution: $201 (Owner is working on obtaining the additional funds plus has already borrowed the funds to pay for treatment already provided.)

Needed for low end of estimate: $1,000

4% of $1,000 for IMOM operating expenses: $40

Fundraising goal: $1,040

Spayed: No

Caseworker: Jamie.K

Honey is at All Funds Raised!! Donations are no longer needed!!

post-9302-0-66777400-1389235033_thumb.jp

Honey is a 6-year-old St. Bernard with Pyometra. Honey is very sick and she needs surgery and additional medications as soon as possible. Honey had a bad start in life and was abused until Honey's Mom got her at the age of 6 months.

Here is what Honey's Mom has to say about her: "my dog honey is not just a pet she is part of our family and we love her vary much.i do not want her to die from this infection. honey has had a bad life when she was a pup she was abused when i got her and i have tried to make the best possible life for her. she makes a big impact on everyone she meets she is vary loving and careing for all of her people friends and furry friends. i can not imagine my life without my big girl. thank you"

If you are able to help Honey with a donation, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - note for Honey Lundstrom.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to note for Honey.

Honey is only 6 years old. Please help her get the life-saving surgery she needs. Thank you!

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I think we need a jump start for Honey. A $100 matching challenge. Please note I am heading to bed, so if-when!-the challenge is met, I will send the money in the morning. :)

Judy G.

FUND UPDATE: Honey has $50 in donations and needs $990 more!

$50 of the $100 Matching Challenge has been met!!

Yay - a Matching Challenge! What a great way to start off fundraising for Honey! Thank you so so much Angels!! Honey needs surgery right away before she becomes septic due to severe infection. I know we'll be able to get this poor girl the treatment she needs. Please, can you help Honey? If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and your other social media sites.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please be sure to indicate Honey Lundstrom when making your donation.

Thank you all so much!

It's early AM and we are off and running...

we need to get Honey's surgery DONE ASAP...this is a serious situation and the week end is approaching...it would be GRAND to be able to have this done and Honey home by Saturday.....

Let's share on Facebook, Tweet and do anything we can to get the word out that Honey needs our help.....she had a bad start to her life and now has a wonderful home...let's get her healthy again!!

I really HATE pyometra. Let's make sure Honey makes it through this and can help spread the word about the importance of spaying. Please SHARE all about this big girl. Remember, all donations of any size will help and add up - even better, right now they are doubled!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please be sure to indicate Honey Lundstrom when making your donation.

Thank you - like Judy, I would love to see Honey get help before the weekend.

IMOM angels...things are very quiet here on Honey's forum and I am getting concerned...

the forum can be very confusing and overwhelming so I hope that when Honey's owner shows up they won't be alone here...

pyometra is VERY SERIOUS...and Honey had a tough start to her life, we don't want her to have to suffer right now...this is not her fault...so, let's see what we can do to help her out...

PLEASE, post her thread on your facebook page...tweet your heart out...any other social media that you can think of will help this girl.....

sharing and caring is the most important thing we can do for Honey right now.....please.....

Edited by Judy

IMOM angels...things are very quiet here on Honey's forum and I am getting concerned...

the forum can be very confusing and overwhelming so I hope that when Honey's owner shows up they won't be alone here...

pyometra is VERY SERIOUS...and Honey had a tough start to her life, we don't want her to have to suffer right now...this is not her fault...so, let's see what we can do to help her out...

PLEASE, post her thread on your facebook page...tweet your heart out...any other social media that you can think of will help this girl.....

sharing and caring is the most important thing we can do for Honey right now.....please.....

Honey's vet said the longest she can wait for surgery is 2 days. Honey is one sick pup. Hopefully, we'll hear from Honey's Mom soon and she can tell us more about her special boy. Please, can you help Honey? If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and your other social media sites.

Thank you all so much!

Oh Honey is so adorable, Angels, please help this sweet girl get fixed up. My wonderful Merlin, now at The Bridge, had a big Saint for a girlfriend, beautiful Anna. They had swim class together on Thursday nights in their later years to help with their ailments. How they enjoyed their Thursday nights together.

Pyo is very serious, and the vet says Honey can't wait long, 2 days at the most. Weekend is coming quickly....let's see if we can get Honey all fixed up, soon. Please help us spread the word, and if you can donate, it is much appreciated, no amount is too small, every bit helps Honey get closer to her goal.

Thanks Angels.

Vicky M

There still money left on the matching challenge so Vicky is right...NO DONATION is too small...it's DOUBLED AND it's saving the life of a sweet girl...

$1.00 becomes $2.00...$5.00 becomes $10.00....

please...share this post and see if we can get this matching challenge met...

Honey is the one that needs us now...we have the rest of today and half of tomorrow to make this happen...she has TWO DAYS and the clock is ticking...

Angels -time for another life saving miracle. If someone can email me a link to this page I will send it to my dog friend who can share with his doggie network. He was able to find a foster for an abused dog that the local animal officer took from his neighbor.

Honey had a rough start and needs to get past this life threatening pyometra so she can have happy ever after with her family

Hang in there Honey- help is on the way

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties

Judy, it does seem quiet here...maybe (fingers crossed) because this fundraising effort was opened later at night and people haven't seen this yet. Jamie, thank you for the reminder on how important it is to get the funds raised so quickly. I hope the matching challenge is still going on--I've just made a $25 donation. Hopefully, this will start getting the momentum going for this darling pup.

I'll take the other $50 of the challenge. I'm so hoping we can get Honey into surgery before the weekend.

Kathy, send me your email address and I'll get IMOM's link for Honey right over to you.....

angels...I am really getting nervous...we need to get at least half way or more to funds needed this afternoon...

This girl NEEDS US and she needs us now...

From the sound of things the vet wants surgery to happen ASAP...

Hi Judy

Thanks for the help ! I got the link from Jamie IMOM and sent it on to my friend. I hope we can get things going here very soon

Any pictures of Honey around ?

Kathy

FUND UPDATE: Honey has $225 in donations and needs $815 more!

The Matching Challenge has been met!!

Thank you so much Angels for your donations so far! We've got a start now, but we still have a lot of work to do. Honey needs surgery right away before she becomes septic due to severe infection. I know we'll be able to get this poor girl the treatment she needs. Please, can you help Honey? If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and your other social media sites.

Thank you all so much!

I am NERVOUS.....

What state does Honey live in? For once I am hoping for the west coast...that gives us a little more time to get the momentum going.....

Judy, she lives in Wisconsin - Central time - so it's 12:36 pm where she is.

Jamie.K

Well...that's better than the east coast.....

ANGELS...please...this sweet girl is really needing our help...AND I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Honey's Mom had this to say about her...she was abused as a pup and is STILL a sweet, sweet girl.....

"my dog honey is not just a pet she is part of our family and we love her vary much.i do not want her to die from this infection. honey has had a bad life when she was a pup she was abused when i got her and i have tried to make the best possible life for her. she makes a big impact on everyone she meets she is vary loving and careing for all of her people friends and furry friends. i can not imagine my life without my big girl. thank you"

Let's get busy.....

Angels - Pyometra doesn't give us any breathing room. Honey needs help and she needs it now. PLEASE, if you can donate any amount at all for this girl. Every and any donation will add up to save her life.

You can also help Honey by SHARING - Facebook, Twitter, or just send out the link to this forum.

I really am worried about this girl. If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please be sure to indicate Honey Lundstrom when making your donation.

Thank you for your continued support!

Edited by Dawn IMOM