Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

Maggie Thomas needs surgery to remove mammary tumors

134 posts in this topic

Now that is a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad that Maggie will be home with you. Here's hoping for rapid healing.

YAY...now...when you go to pick up Maggie ask them for an e-collar for her so she cannot reach her incision.

I am so glad that you will be at home with her...when you go back to work do you have a crate she can be confined in or a small room? She needs to be as quiet as possible.....

I am SO HAPPY to read your update.....and you're right...this is the BEST Christmas you can ask for!

YAY...now...when you go to pick up Maggie ask them for an e-collar for her so she cannot reach her incision.

I am so glad that you will be at home with her...when you go back to work do you have a crate she can be confined in or a small room? She needs to be as quiet as possible.....

I am SO HAPPY to read your update.....and you're right...this is the BEST Christmas you can ask for!

Merry Christmas from Maggie everyone. She had a very rough night. She got up a little while ago for the first time. She ate breakfast and used the bathroom. She is walking slowly around the house crying but i thank God at least she's up and walking. we pray everyone have a blessed day today with her family and love ones.

Know that Maggie has been through a pretty rough surgery...and she has a major incision, I hope the vet gave her some pain medication for the first couple of days...or possible an injection before she left last night...

you may have a bump or two in the road to recovery, but know that each day will be a little bit better than the last.....

Please, keep us updated on how both you and Maggie are doing.....Merry Christmas!!

Know that Maggie has been through a pretty rough surgery...and she has a major incision, I hope the vet gave her some pain medication for the first couple of days...or possible an injection before she left last night...

you may have a bump or two in the road to recovery, but know that each day will be a little bit better than the last.....

Please, keep us updated on how both you and Maggie are doing.....Merry Christmas!!

Hi Judy. She had a pain shot before the surgery and then one right before she left. She came home with pain meds and antibiotics. She hates her cone but she's doing great so far. Just walked outside to go potty for the first time. I think she is going to heal quicky. Merry Christmas

Maggie is eating slowly and drinking lots of water. I'm concerned she has not went potty I pray she is not getting constipated. Check up Saturday at 9am.

Hi Judy Internet issue until now. Maggies visit went well. She finally was able to go potty....yeah we were very happy about that. Doctor is extremely pleased she is doing much better than expected. She is full of energy and keeps trying to jump up on everything. I am having a problem keeping her down. Only problem seems to be extreme swelling of her left leg and thigh area where they had to cut her. the Dr show me how to massage her I am making sure that she is walking 4 to 5 times a day to exercise that leg. and I am using one packs on that leg to try to reduce the swelling. her stitches look well she will be on antibiotics for another week and a half and she goes back in Tuesday for another recheck. does not have a huge appetite right now but I'm sure that's from the pain medication. she cuddles up to me every chance she gets and we have found a way for her to sleep in the bed next to me with a cone on we both finally got a full nights sleep last night thank goodness. I went to the store today and bought her a onesie under shirt to wear that way when she scratches this way the stiches remain covered

Happy New Year everyone. Maggie is at the vet getting another check up. She is not feeling well today but overall seems to be healing good. Her back legs are still pretty swollen from the surgery.

Hoping that everything went well with the vet check today...did you bring her in because of the discomfort in her legs? I think that's a good idea since tomorrow is a Holiday...

Hoping to hear that all is well.....Happy New Year to you both.....

Hoping that everything went well with the vet check today...did you bring her in because of the discomfort in her legs? I think that's a good idea since tomorrow is a Holiday...

Hoping to hear that all is well.....Happy New Year to you both.....

Maggie was seen last Saturday and then on Tuesday for another check up. The vet wanted to check her legs again. The swelling has went down a lot and she is doing great. She will go in Monday and have her stiches removed. They still are waiting on the results of her biopsy. It feels wonderful to see her getting back to her old self. It would not have been possible without all of you.

We are very happy that Maggie is doing so well. Time to move her to "Happy Endings"!

We look forward to hearing more as she recovers.

Cindy W - IMOM

I just heard from the vet. The biopsy results came back and my Maggie Mae has aggressive cancer. I don't know how to loose her. I lost my little guy two years ago he was 17 when he left. My little girl is all I have. I wanted to share the information with all of you since you all have been so wonderful helping her

I am so sorry to hear this about Maggie. I know how you feel, having lost my 13year old dog in June and my 12 year old cat in December, both to cancer. Is there any treatment that can be done? Do they think the cancer has spread, or that they were not able to remove it all? Sometimes even just giving Prednisone is very helpful. Sending prayers for you and Maggie.

Judy G.

Edited by Judy G

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope there *is* some kind of treatment that can be done. I'm keeping you and Maggie Mae in my thoughts and prayers.

Jamie.K

Thank you Judy and Jamie for your kind thoughts and words. They were able Judy to get all of the masses out. The doctor said the cancer was very aggressive. That would explain why the masses doubled in size over a time of two weeks before her surgery. I just found two new small masses. I will see the doctor on Tuesday and get her stiches out and update you on what the course is. We may just have to keep her as comfortable as we can till its time. I will do everything in my power to help her. She is my best friend and companion. My world just won't be completely ok without her.

I am so sorry to read the news on the biopsy...I know how hard that is for you right now....there is one bright spot here...Maggie doesn't know there is anything wrong and you two can enjoy the time right now...live each and every day to the fullest...do the things that you and Maggie like to do...go for car rides...if she likes the beach...plan a day there...take her to a park...most importantly take a lot of photos right now...

I am so so sorry that this didn't turn out as we all wanted it to....but, there is time now and they say, there is no time like the present...I hope this week end you cuddle and snuggle together...

please stay on the forum as we will be here for you both...believe me...we understand...and we care...hugs