Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

Maggie Thomas needs surgery to remove mammary tumors

134 posts in this topic

I'm dancing already...Maggie is looking at me like I'm crazy. She is excited and barking and don't even understand why. All she knows is mommy is happy

Maggie decided all this exciting fundraising is to much work for her. She is tuckered out and crawled up in her bed back in front of the space heater :-)

Thank u angels for giving this little girl a chance. You are awesome.

Hugs to Maggie.

I am so happy to let you all know that Maggie is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!!! Thank you so much RESTNWOLF and Angels!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Maggie's thread is moving to the All Funds Raised section of the forum - please follow up and check in on this adorable pup!

One again, you have come through for a pet in need. It's amazing to me how you continue to help time and again. And, this time of year is particularly tough with the holidays. You all are awesome! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Jamie.K

I just spoke with Maggie's vet and she is there, awaiting surgery. Soon she'll be feeling all better. :pp_animal_556:

Thanks, angels!!

Cindy W - IMOM

CORRECTION: Maggie is not having surgery after all. Her's mom paycheck was lost in the mail and she won't be paid till Friday. Her vet will not work with her at all on that, so Maggie has to wait.

I am sorry for the confusion, and very sad for Maggie.

Cindy W - IMOM

Maggie is getting ready for her surgery everyone, I will take pictures and update as soon as she is done. Again thank you all so much for your generous donations over the weekend and for allowing her to have the best gift ever during this season. A chance for a healthy life. :pp_animal_556:

Well now I'm confused. She's not having surgery. She is having surgery......!???????????!

UPDATE - IMOM has pledged $173 to assure Maggie can have surgery tomorrow. We just couldn't let her sit through Christmas so uncomfortable. We can only make pledges because of the generosity of those who donate to our General Fund. Thank you so much for making Maggie's surgery possible!

Cindy W - IMOM

She will be in surgery tomorrow morning at 7:00AM, she was not able to get in this morning as orignially planned. I will post pictures on our way to the vet and when I pick her up at 5:00 PM.

Just spoke with the doctor that is preforming the surgery tomorrow. I am very nervous for Maggie. The doctor said that she is hoping for no unforseen problems. Maggie is a very small dog and the tumor on the left side is very large. She is hoping that it closes and that there is not a need for a second surgey to go back in. She said if a second surgery is needed that there would be a possible need to put her down. She has me extremley scared to death at this point, has anyone delt with this with their animal that could give me some imput?

Right now I am sending prayers that EVERYTHING is going to work out well.....now, make sure your caseworker is aware of what is going on...and you will have to send them an email about that...there is NO GUARANTEE that they will read this on the forum.....

and before OR if there is a second surgery required...you make sure that IMOM also knows that...DO NOT make any decisions without talking to your caseworker at IMOM FIRST.....

Please, check in after surgery so we know what is going on....

What state are you in? I am in Ohio...I am thinking you are farther west...I will have to co-ordinate my time zones...

I am praying for you Charlene that everything goes okay. I'm not sure if a second surgery is needed why it is not considered. My dog about 20 months before she passed, had some mammary tumors removed. One of them was extremely large. She was almost 14 years old. We were afraid the large one would eventually stop her from urniating so we decided to have it surgerically removed. It grew quite fast in a matter of months. The first doctor told us she probably has cancer, I won't be able to close it and she's old. Make her comfortable and prepare for her passing. Second doctor said he could close it and does surgery based on the dog's health not age. This second doctor did the surgery and she came out of it with flying colors! They later had the tumor tested and no cancer! We had almost 2 more years with her. She later had to be put to sleep because of heart failure. I'm praying for you Charlene! Keep positive thoughts! You'd be amazed at how strong animals are.

Edited by Evbari

Hi everyone, I just spoke with the Vet and she said Maggie came through the surgery with flying colors. Unfortunatley she was noit able to make single smaller incesions to remove the smaller masses, she had to make a huge incesion fron pelvic area almost to the neck but she got the entire mass on the loeft side and all of the smaller ones. Maggie is resting, I will pick her up at 2PM and spend the next 2 days at home with her. Still have not received my replacment paycheck but I could have not had a better Christmas present than what all of you loving IMOM members have given me and Maggie. I am so grateful and so so blessed to have had your assistance, now I am praying that because the incesion is so large that it does not tare open they are worried about that, and that she heals quickly.