Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

Maggie Thomas needs surgery to remove mammary tumors

134 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: mammary tumors, possibly malignant

Low end of estimate: $1032

Owner’s Contribution: $173 plus other pledge of $359

Needed for low end of estimate: $500

4% of $300 for IMOM operating expenses: $20

Fundraising goal: $520

Spayed: No but is included in treatment plan

Caseworker: Cindy W.

Maggie is at All Funds Raised! Donations are no longer needed.

Maggie is a 12 year old doxie/schaunzer mix who has mammary tumors that need to be removed as soon as possible. She will be spayed at the same time. Her mom has gone through recent financial difficulties and cannot afford the surgery after paying over $400 for the diagnosis and medicines. Here is what she has to say about Maggie:

“Maggie is a very special dog that has survived horrible abuse in the past. She is very loving and has such a bright personality. She has helped me through many person hard times and is a wonderful companion to me. She deserves to have this surgery and a continued chance to live a full life.”

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please be sure to indicate Maggie Thomas when making your donation.

Thank you for your support of this Pet in Need!

Cindy W - IMOM

post-139-0-10278800-1387580535_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

Please angels, if u can, help this sweetie with any amount of donation- it will help get Maggie into surgery. No amount is too small for Maggie. Please show her mama what angels here at IMOM can do!

hugs to Maggie.

Ok k9, ya talked me into it. I'll match the first 50.00 in memory of my Lucy who had to leave me 5 years ago today.

Restnwolf - so sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful way to honor Lucy.

You heard it ANGELS - we have a MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $50 - time to double your donation. Your $1 becomes $2, your $5 becomes $10. Make your money go even further.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please be sure to indicate Maggie Thomas when making your donation.

Thank you!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Restnwolf, I am so sorry for your loss also, but as Dawn said...this is a wonderful way to honor your girl...helping to save a life of a senior that had been abused....this is what IMOM is all about and it's the Christmas Season.....

Let's work hard to get this little one into surgery...the amount of money needed is something that we can certainly make happen.....

Let's start by sharing on Facebook and Tweeting...it would be GRAND to get Maggie into surgery BEFORE Christmas...

Maggie's Momma...now is the time for you to post, post and keep on posting...the angels are always reading...tell us stories about your girl...what is her favorite thing to do....does she have a favorite toy?

Open your heart to the angels...they will hear you, believe me...

Maggie’s mom has posted in Introductions http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=9972#entry146569 – I’ve copied her post to paste here until she finds this thread

“Hello everyone, my name is Charlene and I am here to introduce myself and Maggie Mae. Maggie the most precious 12 year old doxie/schnauzer you could ever want to meet. We have recently found out that she needs a matectomy, and have it as soon as possible. This information could not come at a worse time. Maggie is a very special dog that has survived horrible abuse in the past. She is very loving and has such a bright personality. She has helped many people through hard times and is a wonderful companion to me. We are hoping to meet new friends here, help others, and receive help as well”

I have a soft spot for senior doggies. Donating $25 to Maggie!

Thank you so very much Maggie will be so grateful that wonderful pet owners like you are willing to help her have a chance. God Bless you :pp_animal_565:

Ok k9, ya talked me into it. I'll match the first 50.00 in memory of my Lucy who had to leave me 5 years ago today.

This is awesome! I just donated $50.00 towards Maggie Mae :)

Restnwolf, I am so sorry for your loss also, but as Dawn said...this is a wonderful way to honor your girl...helping to save a life of a senior that had been abused....this is what IMOM is all about and it's the Christmas Season.....

Let's work hard to get this little one into surgery...the amount of money needed is something that we can certainly make happen.....

Let's start by sharing on Facebook and Tweeting...it would be GRAND to get Maggie into surgery BEFORE Christmas...

Maggie's Momma...now is the time for you to post, post and keep on posting...the angels are always reading...tell us stories about your girl...what is her favorite thing to do....does she have a favorite toy?

Open your heart to the angels...they will hear you, believe me...

Christmas is a very hard time of the year just in general. Years ago we lost a child to SIDS on 12/06. Maggie has been a blessing to me. I never truly knew (never before having a pet) what a difference they can make in our lives. Maggie has brough joy into the home. She talks all of the time with the funniest little howl. She spreads herself out and drangs herself around in circles, patting her little feet as she goes. Before she got sick she was full of energy, the cutest little thing. She does not run she hops like a bunny rabbit when she is outdoors. Her favorite toy is a brown bear that she drags around the house that is bigger than she is. She sleeps in bed with me every night, she has her own side of the bed. I may have lost a child, but I found a precious gift in Maggie that has helped me heal. I am determined to give her a chance as best as I can.

FUND UPDATE: Maggie has $85 in donations and needs $435 more.

The MATCHING CHALLENGE has been met!

It's clear that Maggie is very special to her family. Let's get this girl the help she needs.

YAY...we are starting out with a BANG.....

Charlene...Maggie sounds like a VERY SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL.....

IMOM is a place that you can come to and know that others understand and care...you are not alone here, you will receive emotional support as well as donations...

You are starting out just great...keep up the good work...communication is most important...post as often as you can...that shows how much you care and are working to get your girl fixed up.....

when you can't post and have to leave, just tell everyone...they understand and appreciate you telling everyone what is going on.....

Your little girl is a doll..I can't wait to hear more about her.....

In memory of my old guy Rocky who had to go on his way 9/20/2012 I'll match another 50.00. I had never seen him before I opened my front door and he walked in and started playing with my Lucy girl and decided to stay. He was a funny little dog and I miss them both. The day after he passed I found a 3 week old kitten abandoned in my garage. I had to bottle feed him and help him go to the bathroom and all the other stuff. He's helping me type right now. He's Buddy. He got a sister a couple of days later who was found watching over one of her litter mates who had been killed by a car. She's Ellie. Let me know when to send in my 100.00. Steve

Steve...what a wonderful thing to do....to honor your beloved pets by helping a sweet girl in need.....that sure made me smile...

I know that Charlene is really going to be pleased when she see you added ANOTHER MATCHING CHALLENGE.....all I can say is YAY RAH to you...and THANK YOU.....

How generous of you Steve especially during the holidays and like Judy said, a great way to honor your pets above. They'd be proud of their dad. Lots of prayers to Maggie and positive thoughts! I hope she can get fixed up soon!

I'll take some of that matching challenge!

$41 sent in. :)

In memory of my old guy Rocky who had to go on his way 9/20/2012 I'll match another 50.00. I had nevgratefu

Seen him before I opened my front door and he walked in and started playing with my Lucy girl and decided to stay. He was a funny little dog and I miss them both. The day after he passed I found a 3 week old kitten abandoned in my garage. I had to bottle feed him and help him go to the bathroom and all the other stuff. He's helping me type right now. He's Buddy. He got a sister a couple of days later who was found watching over one of her litter mates who had been killed by a car. She's Ellie. Let me know when to send in my 100.00. Steve

Steve thank you so very much. I understand your loss and am so very sorry. I an happy that you have a new companion that helps. I send my thoughts your way. I am grateful for you helping Maggie get a chance

I'll take some of that matching challenge!

$41 sent in. :)/>

Thank you so very much. Maggie is on her way to getting a chance thanks to all of you

I am still getting familiar with this site I hope that I have not missed anybodyI would like to thank everybody for having such a huge loving warm heart I am very excited I'm very hopefulafter hearing from you wonderful people. it has been a long time since I've had hope. being led to imomand seeing the care that all of you have shown has regenerated my hope. I'm so very thankful that maggie will have a chance I didn't even longer happier life thanks to all of you who are being so very generous. she just got her nighttime medicine and is being tucked in for the evening all of you have a blessed night Maggie and I will be back on here tomorrow

Angels, we have another $50 matching challenge underway! Thank you so much to Steve (RESTNWOLF) for your incredible generosity in honor of your beloved Rocky. We just need another $9 donation to meet Steve's second matching challenge, and then he will send in $100 for his two matching challenges!

To make a donation of any size, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. You may also make a donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please be sure to indicate Maggie Thomas when making your donation.

Just $9 to go to meet Steve's second Matching Challenge in honor of his much-loved Rocky, and then he can send in his funds. Please, can you help Maggie? She's such special little dog and has been through so much. I know we can do this - $394 is a doable amount. If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and all your other social media sites.

Thank you so much!

FUND UPDATE: Maggie has $236 in donations and needs $284 more.

The MATCHING CHALLENGE has been met!

Thank you, Steve, for your donations in memory of your precious Lucy and Rocky. I'm so very sorry for your losses. Okay, folks, we're almost halfway there. I know we can do this for Maggie. She's such a special little pup. Can you please help? Let's see how much we can raise by the time her Mom comes back on the forum. If you are unable to donate, please, please share this poor little girl.

I know this is a tough time of year, but Maggie really needs your help. Please, can't we get this poor pup to All Funds Raised so she can get the treatment she needs before Christmas and the holidays?

Thank you so much.