Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Sara Malandrino, Labrador with Pyometra

4 posts in this topic

Sara is an 8-year old Labrador diagnosed with pyometra. She needed immediate ovariohysterectomy (spay) surgery yesterday to remove her infected ovaries and uterus.

Thanks to the incredible generosity of IMOM's supporters, who make one-time or ongoing donations to our General Fund, IMOM was able to pledge $500 so that Sara could have immediate surgery.

Here is what Sara's human mom had to say about her:

She has been our companion, friend, body guard, swim partner and bed snuggler. She always attends our holidays and for how sick she is she still give lots of licks and love. She isn't ready to go to the rainbow bridge yet. Please help us.

I hope we will hear an update from Sara's mom soon.

Angels, thanks for making it possible for Sara to have her immediate life-saving surgery. We are grateful for your donations. We couldn't do this without you.

If you're able to make a donation to our General Fund to help the next pet who comes to us in need of emergency treatment when there's no time to fundraise, please click here. Thank you again.

post-31-0-01666300-1386267497_thumb.jpg

Sara went through surgery late last night. I went to Park Animal Hospital this morning to visit her. She is doing great. The vet said that in these cases they usually keep them a couple of days to monitor but she has been up, eatting, and loving the belly rubs. I was able to get some kisses from her but they did give her a sedative which kicked in shortly after I was with her. She is resting comfortablely and she is looking great, The Vet said that she has a very strong will to live and within a few short weeks she will be back to running around and playing. Thank you all for the help that you have given us. Sara was not ready for the rainbow bridge and her kisses proved it. Thank you from all of us we truly from the bottom of our hearts appreciate it.

Mary Malandrino

I'm glad things went so well for Sara! Please keep us posted on how she's doing. Hugs and kisses to you.

Mary ~ How is precious Sara doing today?

Please share her story and encourage pet owners to spay and neuter their pets.