Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kris IMOM

Hope 3 year-old Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees mix

14 posts in this topic

Hope is a spayed 3 year-old Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees mix with Chylothorax. Chylothorax is a condition that results from the accumulation of fluid in the chest cavity. Hope needs surgery to correct this.

Thanks to the generosity of our community members, who make contributions to our general fund, IMOM was able to pledge $1,000 to help with the cost of Hope’s lifesaving surgery.

post-12009-0-24502600-1385607903_thumb.j

Here is what Hope’s mom had to say about her:

Hope is a rescue dog adopted by me when she was only 8 months old. She had been abused and was terrified of men and trucks. She's a three year old Golden/Pyrenees mix and is absolutely beautiful. She is smart, does tricks and has a mind of her own. She is the love of my life and deserves a second chance. She has a terrible disease named chylothorax, and requires lifesaving surgery.

The support to our general fund ensures IMOM can assist with emergencies like this.

To make a donation, please go to http://www.imom.org/donation/index.htm and scroll down to General Fund, and thank you.

I'd like to take a moment to express my deepest thanks and appreciation for the kind generosity of IMOM, its volunteers,members, staff and donors.....it's people like you that make the world a better place. Thank you all for helping to give Hope this life saving operation and a second chance at life. If I could impose upon you once again,

all your prayers can really make a difference. I will keep you all posted as to how the surgery goes, and I wish you,

one and all, a safe, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Warmest regards,

Kathy Janow

I am so happy to see that IMOM was able to help out Hope. Sending prayers that Hope is able to have her surgery soon. And many prayers and positive thoughts that the surgery is successful.

Judy G.

Hi, Cindy, Kris, Judy and all the members, supporters and volunteers at IMOM

Just a quick update on Hope's sugery which she had yesterday. The 4 hour surgery

went well, and thankfully there were no unforeseen complications....I've also spoken

to the surgeon and the office several times today and they say she is resting comfortably. She is on a morphine drip and has a shunt in her chest so that no fluids collect in her

chest cavity, The doctor said if all continues as well as it has, she should be coming home

Monday evening...I can hardly wait!

Thank you all for your concern and best wishes and I will keep you posted as to Hope's

progress....

Warmest regards,

Kathy

Kathy, I was going to assume you had seen Cindy IMOM's message to you in "Admin Messages" about the need to contact them at gf@imom.org, but thought I'd alert you here, just in case you had not.

So happy to hear the surgery was successful. Gentle hugs to Hope this morning, and many thanks to her surgeon for a job well done.

Hi, Cindy, Kris, Judy, members, volunteers, donors and all interested parties;

Just wanted to reach out to you to let you all know that Hope appears to be making progress...she's eaten, walked a little and is a "great patient'. She is still on the

morphine drip, and still has the shunt in her chest to drain off accumulated fluids, but the

surgeon says this is normal....we still have hopes of bringing her home

Monday evening.....we are keeping our fingers crossed and can't wait to get her home!!!

Thanks again to everyone for your many kindnesses and generousity.

Kindest regards,

Kathy

I was very happy to see the great updates about Hope, and I will wait anxiously to hear she is back at home Monday with her mom. :)

This was a big surgery for her, so I expect she will need a few days to recover, but it's always good when they eat and move around.

Thanks!

Judy G.

I am so happy that IMOM was able to help Hope get the surgery she needed ! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of her happy homecoming to her loving family.

I have been sharing IMOM's good deeds with my friend and he has found some new donors for IMOM.

I will be sending him Hope's story to add to his collection of life saving stories to share with his friends.

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties

Hi, Everyone...Cindy, Kris, Judy, members, donors, volunteers and everyone who has been routing for sweet Hope;

Hope came home last night! She is looking frail and weak and will be confined to downstairs (no stairs), and the protocol is pretty much bedrest and limited activitiy for the next few weeks. I take her back for a recheck this

Thursday evening at which point they will change her dressings and chart her progress. I am hoping with continued

rest and limited excitement she will recover her strength. She will be on pain meds and antibiotics for the next few

weeks, but hopefully, the worst is over and I will keep you posted as to any new developments.

Many, many thanks to all of you, for your concern, interest, time and funding. You are truly lifesavers!

Warmest regards,

Kathy

Great to hear that Hope is home and doing well! I'd be weak, too, after that big surgery. Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

Judy G.

YAY...each day Hope should be feeling better, she went thru a pretty darn major event here...and it's tough to get back to normal...and she has you to take care of her so she is in pretty darn good hands...

Please keep us updated on how she's doing.

Hi, Cindy, Kris, Judy, members, volunteers and life saving donors....

Trust you all had a great holiday and wishing everyone a wonderful, safe,

healthy and happy New Year!

I wanted to add a little update to Hope's condition. I went to the surgeon last

night and all seems to be well with Hope. She is getting stronger by the day and

her recovery from her 4 1/2 hour surgery for chylothorax on the 29th of November is excellent.

She is bounding up the stairs numerous times daily, her barking is loud and clear

and she has a great appetite. The surgeon removed all of her stitches two weeks ago

and her fur is even starting to grow back. Hope is one happy girl......and so is her

mother.

I want to take this opportunity to thank IMOM and all its wonderful supporters for the

wonderful gift you gave me.....the gift of Hope! Without your generousity Hope could

not have survived....even now, when I see her happy and healthy, I cannot bear to

think of being without her.....she is the love of my life. So thank you, thank you, thank

you. You all are giving the gift of life...

I am enclosing a picture of Hope in her holiday finery. How lucky I AM TO HAVE HER HERE AT ALL.....

May G_d bless you all!

Warmest regards,

Kathy Janow (and Hope)

post-27145-0-23711100-1388515367_thumb.j

What a great way to end the year and start a new one-with a terrific update from Hope. Best wishes for her continued recovery and good health in 2014, and thank you so much for the wonderful update-and photo. :)

Judy G.