Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Stray Puppy / Pet Partners Of The Victor Valley

22 posts in this topic

Yesterday, IMOM received an urgent request for assistance from a rescue group to help a stray puppy. Here is what the applicant had to say:

This baby was dumped in a persons yard, the litter mate had already died in the box. This little girl was barely alive and was taken to the vet immediately on 11-11-13. She was estimated to be approx 4-5 weeks old. She was diagnosed today with pneumonia and still needed to be hospitalized to continue treatment. She is a little fighter and needs all the help you are able to give.

I called and spoke with the puppy's veterinarian, who told me that the puppy had bilateral pneumonia (both lungs) and needed additional hospitalization and aggressive antibiotics through Thursday.

Thanks to those wonderful angels who make one-time or ongoing donations to our General Fund, IMOM was able to pledge $258.25 to ensure that treatment would continue.

We hope that this sweet girl's recovery goes smoothly, and are grateful to those who rescued her and will find her a loving home once she's well.

The puppy's rescuer posted this update on her introduction thread yesterday, and I wanted to copy it here so everyone saw the update.

Today "Stray" puppy is doing good but still has to stay in the hosp at least another day. Tomorrow she will be given another x-ray and her condition re-evaluated.

I know we are all hoping that the puppy's x-ray and evaluation go very well today, and that soon she will be on her way home to her foster family.

I talked with the vet today and "Stray" is doing much better. I was told I could probably pick her up today but that I should call back around 4:00pm. I called and was told they was going to keep her another night and one of their people was going to take her home with them to see how she would do before coming home with me.

I have to call back tomorrow morning at 11:00 to find out if she will be released.

I'm sorry this is being post so late but today was very hectic.

I hope tomorrow I will be able to let you know "Stray" is home. Soon after, I think our "Little Stray" needs a name of her own! :Angel15:

I'm so happy to read that "Stray" is doing so much better! Wonderful news! I sure do hope she's able to go home with you today.

I'm looking forward to reading more updates, and yes, knowing what her name is! If you're able to post a few photos when she's home with you, I know we'd all love to see them.

Today "Stray" came home! She is a little sweet heart. She weighs in at a whopping 1lb 6oz, no teeth and is black with 3 white feet/toes and a white chest. We have decided to name her "Faith".

She has already won our hearts. She has a Dr. appointment next Friday for a follow-up visit.

This morning at 6:00am, I heard Faith making a sucking noise after sleeping from her 11:00pm feeding. After eating and playing for about an hour she fell back asleep. By her next feeding, I went and got her a bottle which she took to real quick. She needed that suckling instinct satisfied, which she wasn't getting with the syringe the vet was using.

She is doing really good.

Our little Faith has teeth breaking through today! She is doing so good, loves her bottle and play time. She takes her medication 2 x daily, clavamox .25cc, with no problem. She will be done with that on 11-22.

Oh my goodness! Look at her heading for the kitty! She's a brave little soul, isn't she?? She is too cute for words and I'm so glad that she's doing well. Angels, if you ever need to know how your money is being used or who it helps, just remember these pictures! Little Faith wouldn't be here without the love and support of her rescuers and you!

IMOM Angels Rock!

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM

What a good feeling to get on here and read your posts, thanks to all of you who care and are able to help with the babies in need! Today Little Faith has more teeth coming in. She sure enjoys playtime, she wabbles around on the couch and when you rub and massage her, she growls so cute. When she gets tired of being held, she starts to whine, then I put her in her kennel and she lays down and goes to sleep. Another good day! Good night everyone!

Faith is ADORABLE! What a precious, precious little baby. Seeing these photos just puts the biggest smile on my face. I'm so happy to read that she is doing so well. Please give her some gentle kisses from me, right on top of her beautiful little head.

Today was another good day for Faith, she still sleeps most of the day but when she is awake we enjoy our time together. I put her tiny, wobbly little body on the pee pad today just to see what she would do when she smelled what the other dogs left and to my surprise, she used it! First peed then went potty! She went on it 3 times today...what a tiny, big girl!

I gave her hugs and kisses from you,Laurie.

Today Faith weighed in at 1lb 14 1/2oz. She did more running around on the floor than she had done before, and loved it. Her best friend is Chance, a 5 mon. old male pup we fostered and adopted after having his leg ripped off by a coyote at 3 mon. Everything is good here!

Tonight when Faith was given her bottle she acted like she really didn't want it so I put her milk in a small dish with some baby cereal and she dove into it. Then she wanted a little milk from her bottle.

Little Faith is adorable. I'm glad she's found a friend in Chance. Thank you so much for providing her an opportunity at a wonderful life.

Today Faith was moved to a 4x4 pen, with her kennel sitting in it. She likes to move around more now. Chanch joined her for awhile this evening when I got it set up. She must think she is a very big girl today, she kept playing with her bottle so for her last feeding, I put it in a dish with the baby cereal. She licked it like a little lady and finished all of it.

Tomorrow we go to the vet for a check up, I will let you know what he says. :Angel15:

Faith went to the Dr today and she is fine..no more visits for this illiness. She was given a parvo shot as a precaution since no one knows if she ever got her Mommies antibioties. she didn't even whimper, she was a big girl!

Faith and I would like to say, THANK YOU IMOM for all of your help when it was much needed. Our little girl now has a second chance at life because of your generosity. Thank God for you!! :Angel15:

She is just so stinkin' cute-and what a feisty little girl she must be! I am so happy to hear she has a clean bill of health. I wish her a long and happy life. :)

Judy G.