Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Cujo Smith - REOPENED for fund raising

292 posts in this topic

Everyone! Now is the time to help Cujo! I'm really busy at work this morning, so can't be on-line that much, but I've been reading the goings on and can only say, PRAY and DONATE to this wonderful, handsome boy! You can tell he loves his little Landon and wants to go HOME! Please, donate, so Cujo can stay at the Vet's and get well enough to GO home!

Remember, each and every donation adds up. If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith." You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo Smith’s name.

Also, please share on your social media pages like Facebook and Twitter! Talk with your co-workers about him! Get a little pool going for Cujo and your donations will add up!

Thank you so much, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

Cujo's Momma is at work...can you imagine how she feels right now...she and Cujo need us NOW MORE THAN EVER...

I just sent the link to my social media savvy friend to forward to her network. One of my friends has stopped in to help , so let's hope more will be here soon. Please keep updating how much Cujo needs to stay in hospital Kathy

Fund Update - Cujo has $912 in donations and needs $128 more.

Please - let's do this for Cujo!

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jdto make a donation. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith." You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo’s name.

Thank you!!!

:Angel15:

NOW MORE THAN EVER we need to keep Cujo at the clinic...anyone that has been reading how hard he's trying to get well again knows that he NEEDS ANOTHER DAY IN THE CLINIC, especially with this bump in the road...

There is no way we can let him down now...We have THREE HOURS to raise the rest of tomorrows money...and we are SO CLOSE.....

Edited by Judy

In my hurry to post I forgot to mention...we have 2 hours and 45 minutes to raise the $128.00 needed for tomorrow...

don't let the minutes tick away...Cujo HAS to stay another day.....

WOOHOO!!! MATCHING CHALLENGE for $64. Now's the time - double your donation. Just a little further to go.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith." You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo’s name.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

The MATCHING CHALLENGE has been met - feel free to send in the Matching funds and we can break out the dancing nanners!!!

WHEW!!! What a relief. Cujo is at

ALL FUNDS RAISED!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Angels, you really know how to come through in the clutch. Cujo can now remain hospitalized until the end of the day Thursday. Please follow along with him to see how his recovery progresses. Paws crossed for him.

I am SO GLAD to see that Cujo has the funds in for another day at the clinic.....

I was really hoping for an update before I went to bed tonight.....sending prayers that Cujo has a great day after that bump in his road to recovery.....

Hi guys. I am so sorry I haven't been on. After work, visiting Cujo, and actually doing stuff with Landon, I am just now getting on. Landon and I carved pumpkins tonight and I made mine "look" like Cujo. haha! Cujo is doing.. ok..

Before the update..

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! TO anyone and everyone that donated and helped my baby. He and I and Landon are so greatful for you. There is NO way I would be able to help him at home in his condition. He still hasn't even eaten yet. He vommitted the food through the tube so not quite near solids.

Anyway!

Cujo is hanging. He went around on a walk with Landon, myself, and the doctor. He even had a mini poo!!!! He peed at least 5 times while we were out there.

I was able to help with some of his excersises.. at least to my abilities with a toddler trying to sit on the poor dog. I was ablle to massage his paw that has been swollen for a few days and apply pressure to his incision site!

He is leaking fluid now. They are concerned it could be with the internal stitches... Or a seratoma? Sp... They would be happy with the seratoma? but he would require surgery once more if it were to be the internal one. They are monitoring how much fluid is lost and will let me know if anythhing happens that is an emergency.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to see him in the morning based on the Dr. Schedule.. So I won't get to see him ntil 3 pm.. I didn't want to leave him.

Cujo is so sweet and loving and has really touched many people's hearts.

The new pictures are of his heat packs and the incision that is leaking.

Keep him in your prayers.. They told me it will get worse before he gets better, so I hope they are right.

I have decided if he does need a second surgery, it would not be fair to Cujo to put him through that. He is having this much of a difficult itme with the first one.. I will not let him suffer and that's what I would be doing. I want to focus on the positive but I have to be realistic.

Keep on a brave face for me, please. Let's hope it's minor and Cujo can eat something to go home!!!!

post-25822-0-90193700-1383183734_thumb.j

post-25822-0-72498000-1383183758_thumb.j

I can't sleep tonight.

I want Cujo home so bad. I want to be with him tomorrow.. it just happens that I can't go see him in the morning. I hope Cuj understands... I want to jjust hug him and squeeze him and love on him... Sometimes, I wish it could go back to the two of us.. Where all we had was each other. He's such a reliable friday....

Ugh. I wish he were well.. I really really really need him.

Probably a seroma is what they mean-a collection of serum, or fluid. So if it drains out it can be a good thing, because if it collects inside it can put pressure on the incision line and serve as a location for infection.

Hoping that is all it is, that Cujo won't need more surgery. :(

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Judy G.

I know that you don't want Cujo to suffer unnecessarily...but it seems as if you have a wonderful vet...listen carefully to what they are talking about.....

sometimes a second surgery is not as invasive as the first and if it is a HELPING surgery it would mean that Cujo would survive.....

I totally agree with not prolonging suffering believe me, but sometimes things just need to be helped a long a little.....

but, I am hoping that it's what Judy G. is talking about and that like the vet said, it will be a little tough before it gets better.....

Cujo needs a second surgery... the hospital is unable to pay so I am giving him another 2-3 days to try to fight on his own... if he is ready to stop fighting, I understand.