Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Cujo Smith - REOPENED for fund raising

292 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Peritonitis

Low end of estimate: $2499

Applicant contribution: -$300

Needed for low end of estimate: $2199

4% of $2199 for IMOM operating expenses: $88

Fundraising goal: $2287

Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Dawn

Cujo is at "All Funds Raised"! Donations no longer needed!!

Angels – I have news and it’s not the best.

I just spoke to Cujo’s vet. Cujo has developed complications and they think he has developed peritonitis and bacteria may be present. They can manage Cujo in ICU for a few days longer (they are using in house funds to do this) and hope this resolves itself, but that is not a very promising option (the vet used the words ‘slim chance’), or they can perform surgery and then keep Cujo hospitalized for at least 3 more days. They have the in house funds to pay for hospitalization, but if Cujo is to get surgery we need to raise $2599. The vet says surgery needs to happen by tomorrow at 3PM for the best outcome for Cujo, but they will manage him until we can raise the funds or it is more ethical to put him to sleep.

I’ve seen a lot of incredible “MAGIC” here at IMOM. Is this possible. I just can’t give up on Cujo. We have fought hard for him side by side with his mom. Are you with me? Can we do this? Please, Angels – let’s not quit on Cujo.

If you can donate anything at all please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Cujo Smith.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo’s name when making your donation.

I will be here hoping for some special “MAGIC” that we can get this done.

Thank you for all of you here with us fighting for Cujo.

Diagnosis: Perforated bowels, sepsis

Low end of estimate: $594 per day x 2 days $500 per day x 2 days

Needed for low end of estimate: $1188 $1000

4% of $300 for IMOM operating expenses: $48 $40

Fundraising goal: $1236 $1040

Neutered: Yes

Caseworker: Dawn

post-9479-0-52864000-1383005523_thumb.jp

Cujo Smith is a 4 year old St. Bernard mix shelter boy. His Mom went out of town and left Cujo with a friend. When she returned, Cujo vomited for a day straight, so she took him to the pet ER. It turned out that he was blocked. They operated and removed 50% of Cujo’s bowels. His bowels were perforated, and now Cujo has gone septic.

Right now, Cujo needs continued stay in intensive care, fluids, and antibiotics. His Mom has exhausted all of her funds with the initial surgery and care.

Due to the urgent nature of this case, IMOM has pledged $500 for Cujo’s first 24 hours of treatment. However, Cujo needs to be hospitalized for another 2 days minimum at a cost of $594 per day.

Here’s what Cujo’s mom has to say about him: “Cujo is the best dog I have ever met or cared for. He is gentle and kind and loves his best friend, Landon, my son. Recently, Cujo ingested some form of string and rubber and now is at risk of losing his life. Cujo has been there for me through many hardships as it has just been the two of us until my son arrived. even through that, he always came over to comfort me, and at 100 pounds, still tried to sit on my lap. He is a protector that is so loved in his family”

Angels, can you help Cujo?

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Cujo Smith.

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo’s name when making your donation.

When IMOM pledged for Cujo’s initial day of treatment, his mom was at the vet’s holding him getting ready to make the decision to put him to sleep in a matter of minutes. We had to step in – we had to save this boy’s life. Now he needs a few more days of care to get back on his feet. Please help us help him live.

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM

I see that Cujo's Mom posted this on the Introduction thread.....I have copied and will paste it over here for her

Hi. I'm Lauren and my dog Cujo is in dire need of help.

He was admitted to the hospital yesterday with the pretense that he ingested something he should not have. After Xrays and blood work, it turned out that Cujo needed what seemed to be, a routine surgery to remove a foreign body. When they got in there, Cujo had his intestines perforated, and had 3 ft, removed. His body has turned septic as a result from the build up of bacteria and the holes found.

Cujo is my best friend as well as my one year olds. I have had him since he was a mere 6 weeks old, running in front of my car, on New Years almost 4 years ago. I have watched him grow and applied a lot of tough love. Cujo has always been there for me and is always looking out for my son. He knows and emotions, and has always been able to make a bad day, good.

I don't want to lose my best friend. He needs more time to heal and get better. But with each passing day, another few thousand dollars gets sucked in. I don't have that as a single mother...

I don't want to give up on him because of money. Cujo has never given up on me, and I will surely not give up on him.

Please help support my best friend.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-25822-0-51302800-1383003519_thumb.jpg
  • post-25822-0-50233900-1383004132_thumb.jpg
  • post-25822-0-77231200-1383004144_thumb.jpg
  • post-25822-0-22281600-1383004147_thumb.jpg

There are some more even cuter photos on the Introduction page but I cannot copy and paste them here for some reason.....if you can, go to the Introductions and see the photos or maybe someone with a little more computer savvy can post the photos over here.....

ANGELS...Cujo has a fighting chance to make it thru this recovery but he needs to stay in the clinic for 2 more days.....we can do it one day at a time...we don't have to be overwhelmed by the whole amount, just the first day.....IMOM pledged $500.00 to start, so let's see if we can get another day covered.....

please, let's spread the word.....

Edited by Judy

Come on Angels, let's get Cujo well! I'm issuing a matching $200 challenge..who's in for some of that? Please Cujo deserves to have many more happy days with his family...Christine

WOO HOO!!! What a great Matching Challenge! Let's match those funds!

Thanks, Judy, for copy/pasting what Cujo's Mom wrote on her the intro and for posting some of the photos! I was able to get the others over!

post-9302-0-90208100-1383008331_thumb.jp post-9302-0-91274200-1383008333_thumb.jp post-9302-0-77550600-1383008334_thumb.jp post-9302-0-55518900-1383008336_thumb.jp

post-9302-0-02369900-1383008338_thumb.jp post-9302-0-62405400-1383008339_thumb.jp post-9302-0-16256100-1383008341_thumb.jp

post-9302-0-48246400-1383008342_thumb.jp post-9302-0-57762700-1383008343_thumb.jp post-9302-0-54671000-1383008344_thumb.jp post-9302-0-79238100-1383008345_thumb.jp

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation – note for Cujo Smith.

Thank you!

Jamie.K

Cujo ~ When I was 12 years old, a St. Bernard picked me up by the head and chewed me up. Almost 400 stitches later, I looked like a human being again.

Just to show you that there are no hard feelings, I'm going to take some of Christine's money and send my donation on the way. :)

Sending you healing hugs.

Angels, thank you for your donations! Cujo has $120 and needs $1116 more.

The $120 in donations will be matched. There are still $80 in matching funds available!

Cujo really needs our help. Your donation of any size will truly make a difference. No amount is too small.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith." You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo’s name.

What great pictures! Thank you to everyone who has donated, and to you who have transferred Cujo's family's posts from Introductions over to here. This boy really needs our help. Any contribution will be very helpful, and much appreciated. No amount is too small; it all adds up.

Thank you angels!

Tracy/IMOM

Angels, thank you so much for your support! Cujo has $220 and needs $1016 more.

The Matching Challenge has been met - feel free to send in the funds!

Cujo has been through so much and needs a little more time to get better. Please, let's make sure he gets a chance.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith." You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Cujo’s name.

I know the Matching Challenge is tempting - if your thinking of donating, now's the time!!!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

YAY RAH on the matching challenge!!!!! We are getting there angels.....We need to get the day covered by 4 PM today...and then we can work on tomorrow.....We are getting CLOSE.....

I want to thank everyone who has donated thus far. My Cujo has apparently been take out on a stretcher and out around 2 am!! He partly walked back in!

Cujo is so sweet and was sad when I had to leave yesterday. I am a kindergarten teacher and took the day off to spend with him today.

Thank you anyone that is considering donating to my precious little boy!

Fund Update - Cujo has $257 and needs $979 more.

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations so far! We're off to a good start, but we have a long way to go and not a whole lot of time. Cujo has been through so much and needs a little more time to get better. Please, let's make sure he gets a chance.

Thank you!

I'm trying to find a way to convey how much this dog means to me...

I don't think I can...

I went through a very tough pregnancy.. Cujo was only one when I had to go on bedrest.. What fun for a big dog right? He slept by my side.. for a few weeks.. didn't even try to go outside to run around... He has always been there, every step of the way.. When I don't have my son, when he is at his father's, Cujo is the one snuggling with me to make me feel better that he is not there...

The thought of losing him make me cry.. Seeing him so helpless, makes me cry. Cujo is far from helpless.. When he was walking, and puke just coming out of his mouth and nose... my heart broke into a million pieces...

He is alive.

He is starting to get better..

I don't want to lose him because of time.. Time is what he needs.. I need to get him through the next few days.. please help me.

Angels...did you read what Cujo's Momma has written?

You can FEEL THE LOVE she has for her boy...he really needs our help and he seems to be fighting...we can't let him down now...

Let's get the funds in for a day and then we'll work on the next.....

Where are you located? I think we have until 4 pm EST time, right?

Have you gotten an update on how he's doing yet this AM? I know if you're in California the vet hasn't probably even opened yet.....

Fund Update - Cujo has $487 and needs $749 more.

This poor boy has had a rough time, and I'm sure he misses his family as much as they miss him.

If you are able to help, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith."

Thank, Angels!

Cindy W/IMOM

Hi Cujo,

Hang in there- your Mommy loves you and is doing everything she can to make you better.

The IMOM Angels will come through for you. Just stay strong and soon you will be a AFR.

Beauty's Kathy and Freeway Freddy who was saved by IMOM

I have amazing news... cujo needed a little oxygen last night, but they are able to get him walking!!! They were able to remove one catheter and insert a tube to his tummy to remove liquid. They want to try feeding him through the tube as he has not eaten in a week..

you guys are angels.. my dog was given a death sentence yesterday and walked over to me today.

He is still very sick. The vet said he is not out of the clear, but time is helping him heal.

It is amazing that I was literally putting him to sleep within 10 minutes of the phone call saying he had the original 500 dollars.

Please continue to support my cujums. Thank you anyone that has donated, even a dollar.

Angels, there are tears in my eyes as I read these posts. Cujo (I do like "Cujums", better!!), is truly loved and needed by his Mom! Like Judy said, she truly conveys how much this dog means to her!

I once had a "Bilbo Baggins", who was a St. Bernard, and what a love he was! He loved to cuddle and acted like a big "lap dog"! We have to get Cujo home, so he can cuddle with his Mom while he heals! He has a road ahead of him, but if we can get him just the next few days he needs, we will be over that big hump!

How amazing that in one day, he was able to walk! Your dollars made that miracle happen!

if you can donate to Cujo, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith."

Remember, sharing with your social media friends is a big help as well!

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM

We are SO CLOSE to having the funds needed for one day at the clinic...Cujo is a FIGHTER...and we can give him the chance to do just that...

he's got everything on his side...he's YOUNG, he is IMPROVING, he's got a family that LOVES him, waiting for him to get well enough to come home!

Can't we give him a chance???

Fund Update - Cujo has $487 in donations and needs $553 more.

I just got off the phone with the vet and I have GREAT news. They have adjusted their estimate. We only need to raise $520 per day! The numbers in this fund update reflect that adjustment. We only need $33 more dollars by 4-5PM today! We are so close for today!!!

Thank you!

We are so close to another day of rest and treatment for Cujo! Won't you please consider a donation of ANY size to help this poor fellow get the treatment he needs! As you can see from his Mom's posts, he improved after just one night!

If you can't share your money, please share Cujo's story with your social media contacts -- Facebook, Twitter, and all the others! Your sharing really does help. We need to get the word out there about Cujo! If you and ten of your friends each donated just FIFTY CENTS we'd have $5.00 towards the $33 needed to get Cujo one more day of treatment! Ask your co-workers to donate that Fifty Cents!

If you can help Cujo, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Mark your gift "Cujo Smith."

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM