Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Paige: dog with pyometra and mammary tumors

155 posts in this topic

I hope it works out with uc Davis, they are one of the best vet schools in the world. I've taken many animals with hard to treat illnesses there over the years. And my vet in Menlo is great too, very practical with a lot of common sense as well as a great doctor. I am very fussy with my animals, many vets do not come up to par for me. Let's get the funding raising for Paige going again. I will match the next $100

Whew - breathing a sigh of relief that we are moving forward again with getting Paige the care she needs. Right now we need to find out what the next steps are from the new vet who will be treating Paige. We will be anxiously be waiting for word from them and will let you know as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your advice, care, and support.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are Angels here on earth.

All I can say this morning is AMEN.....I will be checking in off and on today to see what is happening...let's pray that UC Davis will work out for Paige and if not then we have a back up with Christine's vet.....

this is sounding better than anything so far.....AND A MATCHING CHALLENGE WAITING IN THE WINGS.....

Edited by Judy

Yay! A matching challenge and hopefully a vet visit for Paige today! How great is that? Angels, we can raise the money that Paige needs to get back into enjoying her life! Isn't she just the sweetest gal? Those pictures make me just want to reach through the computer and give her a big hug! Won't you please consider a donation to make this girl well again?

And now is the time to make your donation when there is a matching challenge! There truly is no donation too small then! Your $1.00 becomes $2.00 and so on. Now is the time to get together with your co-workers and do a "Pool for Paige" collection!

If you can make a donation to Paige, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

I hope it works out with uc Davis, they are one of the best vet schools in the world. I've taken many animals with hard to treat illnesses there over the years. And my vet in Menlo is great too, very practical with a lot of common sense as well as a great doctor. I am very fussy with my animals, many vets do not come up to par for me. Let's get the funding raising for Paige going again. I will match the next $100

I'll take some of your money. Anyone else?

I'll take some of your money. Anyone else?

Now that Uncle Sam has decided to pay me again, I'll take some of that money!

All....please read this message.

Thursday - 10:47 AM - Eastern

We are not presently fund raising for Paige as we have no idea what is needed. I apologize for not posting this sooner.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that today is the day that Paige gets her vet, has testing scheduled and a diagnosis...THEN we will all be ready to get busy and pick up with the fund raising.....

It's most important that we all stay tuned to what is going on...Paige will need us more than ever once she has a plan.....

I have sent 3 emails to the owners today. There have been no replies. I can only hope that Paige is OK and we can get something accomplished so she can get some help.

Here's what I am praying for...Kathy/Melissa is on the telephone with UC Davis and is making an appointment for Paige to be seen...

Let's see, it's 12:45 pm in Ohio...that means it's 9:45 in California.....

hoping for new ASAP...it seems that Kathy/Melissa will be online this afternoon, hoping for sooner than later.

Kathy/Melissa...the funding is ONLY TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED UNTIL THERE IS A DIAGNOSIS...all funds are still there...

just waiting to see what is going on.....

you must remember that there is a 3 hr. time difference between California and the east coast which is where IMOM is at...so your 9:15 is already 12:15 pm here on the east coast...

so...for now...we are all still here for you and Paige...so...let's get her to the vet to see what is going on...

medications MUST be prescribed by the vet...IMOM can't do that...they have to examine the dog first and give the appropriate meds for the situation....

Sending POSITIVE THOUGHTS that Paige will be on her way to the vet TODAY SOON.....right now it's nearly 4 pm here in Ohio...and 1 pm by you in California.....

GOOD LUCK.....

Don't be alarmed about the suspending of funding. Because you've had to switch vets, the numbers are bound to change, that's all.

Keep doing all you can for Paige and we'll be here for you.

I know this is STRESSFUL and NERVEWRACKING...but there is a lot that needs to be done...and with luck Paige will get in to see the vet today (not very likely) or tomorrow...

Are you communicating with IMOM via email? Communication is MOST IMPORTANT...it pretty confusing right now so the clear you can be the better and quicker things will happen.

Yes, and it came at a PERFECT TIME...NOW...you are on the right track...Paige has her meds...you and Jacki are in communication -

when people don't know what is going on that's when there's problems....

I am THRILLED to hear that we are NOW going forward.....keep up the GOOD WORK posting and communicating with IMOM.....

I'll be checking in off and on tonight to see what's happening.....

I have spoken to our contact person at UC Davis. They are going to call Katherine to set up an appointment for Paige to come in tomorrow. Once she has been seen they will immediately send us an estimate and treatment plan.

I will keep you all posted.

Thank You, Jacki

you and IMOM are going above and beyond....Paige needs us.....and with luck tomorrow we will know something.....

She's a sweet girl, a senior at that...and she deserves to be taken care of...

So am I to understand you are not taking Paige to Davis.? Are you going to call the vet that Dawn sent you last night? The one that could have seen her this morning.

I am very concerned over the amount of time that it's taking for Paige to be seen....

I am praying that Paige gets to see a vet sooner than later...SHE is the one that is my concern right now...I am trying to stay positive.....

This is what I told you about the estimate from UC Davis:

"Once she has been seen they will immediately send us an estimate and treatment plan".

Katherine, I'm not sure where you read the reviews for the vet Dawn found but all of the reviews I found were great.

I hope you can get her in to see a vet today so she can get the help she deserves.

I have been advised by our contact person from UC Davis that Paige has an appointment with internal medicine on Tues. I am told that Katherine has confirmed this.

Copy of email below. I have omitted names for reasons of privacy.

Hello Jacki

Hope your day is going well...

Katherine Sparrow has an appointment for Paige on Tuesday October 22 at 10:30am with our Internal Medicine Department.

We have contacted our Student Surgery Service in hopes of addressing the mammary

tumor/spay issues if they are deemed an appropriate next step by the Dr. in Internal Medicine.

Once our team has assessed Paige's condition and made their recommendations we will provide IMOM a copy of her Authorization and Estimate.

I appreciate all your efforts on behalf of Paige.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further assistance..

Take care..

Jacki,

With that good news, PLEASE RE-OPEN Paige's FUNDS so that she can get all of the medical treatment necessary to help her get better. Paige is stable with the antibiotics for now, although her breathing is still labored.

Do we have IMOM's support to take Paige to UC Davis Emergency Dept if she takes a turn for the worst between now and Tuesday? UC Davis said that it is $199 to just walk in the door to their emergency room before assessment.

-Katherine Sparrow

We cannot begin fund raising again because we have no idea how much to fund raise for. I cannot, and will not, ask donors to blindly send donations.

I have spent considerable time working with UC Davis and they understand exactly what we have to work with at this point. That is the best I can do.

As far as an emergency visit, I cannot authorize that at this time. We can't promise to do something we might not be able to do. We are very short on volunteers and I cannot guarantee that anyone will be around to send the necessary paperwork to UCD. I'm sorry.

While u wait for the appt I have a couple suggestions that u may already know about for breathing problems. My Tucker has chronic bronchitis/alveolitis and needs to use a "puffer" (inhaler) twice a day. Two things I learned from his cardio and my pulmonologist:

*Don't use ANY aerosol sprays when Paige is in the same room (ex-PAM cooking spray, hairsprays, furniture cleaners-Pledge, etc). I can tell u from my own experience with lung issues that aerosol sprays from products make me feel very heavy in my chest/lungs.

*Try not to clean after 4PM. That gives dust time to settle before bedtime.

Hugs to Paige

Cindy

I was coming back becuz I forgot to mention to let Paige lay around -don't worry abt exercise (normal walks, etc)right now. Then I saw Judy had posted this--well said judy!

right now, you tend to Paige...MAKE HER HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE...don't make her do too much, no walks to the mail box, etc...just hug on her and love her...let her rest...
Edited by k9sign

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers that all will go well until Tuesday...believe me, we will all be tapping our toes with anticipation...

Make sure you monitor things closely...we don't want any issues, but if they do arrise...make sure that IMOM knows right away...get in touch IMMEDIATELY WITH ANY BREATHING ISSUES...

what is done monetarily is private business between you and IMOM...I think I can speak freely here...Paige has A LOT OF SUPPORTERS...right now she has fundings on hold and the minute IMOM and the angels know what is diagnosed I believe that fund raising will begin again in earnest....people are following Paige...she has many friends here...so...right now take into consideration what Cindy Van Allen posted as tips for animals with breathing problems...and hope these days go by quickly for Paige...She has been waiting a long long time to be diagnosed...

I will not be near a computer much in the following days but believe me I am with you all in spirit and will have a way to check in on Paige...so...even though I might not appear on the forum believe me I have not given up the fight for our girl.....AND I will have a way to check in and you can bet that come either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning I'll know what happened at UC Davis.....

Edited by Judy