Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Paige: dog with pyometra and mammary tumors

155 posts in this topic

We haven't heard anything from Kathy or Melissa today, but it's early in California. Thanks to everyone for all of their care and concern for Paige, but that's just how IMOM Angels roll!

If you can make a donation to Paige, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

FUND UPDATE - Paige has $1,076 in donations and needs $996 more.

Thank you for your donations so far. We're a little over halfway, but we still have a long way to go to get to All Funds Raised. Poor Paige - she's in very bad shape, and I hope her family is able to find a vet this morning. Please consider a donation and SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, and all the other social media sites, so we can get the word out about Paige.

If you can make a donation to Paige, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you for your support!!!

Kathy/Melissa...

I hope that this morning is better and you are having some success with finding a vet to work with IMOM...

PLEASE send an email to IMOM with what is happening, they need to be in the loop.....plus, it will make you feel better knowing that others are there for you...as soon as you read this get an email out to IMOM with what is going on today...

gf@imom.org

Kathy and Melissa

I just keep thinking of Paige this morning...and I know that you are terribly upset...

but, DO KEEP IMOM posted on things as time is of the essence here...I know you're busy trying to find a new vet but jot that email off to IMOM with what is happening...Paige can't afford to lose too many days here...

so...just give IMOM an update on things at

gf@imom.org

I am really getting concerned...as the minutes tick by and no word from Kathy/Melissa IMOM isn't going to have any time to try to make things happen...we are going to lose another day soon.....Paige can't afford to have that happen.....

Sending prayers.....

We have sent emails today and so far we have gotten no replies.

That really concerns me...

Melissa,Kathy,

I posted the information you need to give the "official paperwork from IMOM" to the vet...they don't have to take just your word for things, give them the paperwork from IMOM...did you do that?

Have you emailed IMOM yet?

You need to be in CONSTANT CONTACT when them now as time is wasted when IMOM does not know what is happening...you need to communicate with them.

I sent you a message with my telephone # on it...CALL ME, I will walk you thru things to help get you going in the right direction....

and again, here is the information you can PRINT OUT (where it says click here at the bottom of the instructions) and bring them to the vet.....

Step 4 - Three documents for your veterinarian

If your veterinarian has never heard of IMOM and is hesitant to work with our charity, please give them a copy of documents 1 and 2 as an introduction and explanation of our payment policies.

(1) Letter of introduction

Sometimes when a veterinarian has not worked with IMOM they might be hesitant. That is perfectly understandable as they know nothing about us. Our letter of introduction will tell them more about who we are and what we do.

(2) IMOM payment policy

Of course your veterinarian wants to know how and when they will get paid for the service they provide. This document provides them with the information they need.

(3) Veterinarian's Pet Information Form (VPIF)

The completed VPIF also gives our committee a better understanding of your pet's condition and the urgency of their illness or injury. The completed form can be sent either by you or your veterinarian. Our fax number is: 1-630-214-8952

Click here to download all three documents you need for your veterinarian. Remember - the Veterinarian's Pet Information Form (VPIF) has to be completed and faxed to IMOM. The completed form can be send either by you or your veterinarian. Our fax number is: 1-630-214-8952

See, there in the blue letters, click there, you will get the three letters for your vet, explaining IMOM...AND as SOON AS YOU READ THIS EMAIL IMOM...and check your emails all the time, they have been emailing you all day.....

gf@imom.org

please post here that you have been in contact with IMOM.....

Edited by Judy

Melissa, there are many many vets that have worked with IMOM in the 14+ years IMOM has been in business - in the financial aid section, you will find the introductory letter for vets, as well as a copy of the VPIF (Vet Pet Information form) that the vet needs to fill out and send in with the estimate. IMOM can also provide references to any vet who asks for them. And IMOM always sends a letter of guarantee (LOG) to a vet once funds are raised and available for that pet. And if you think about it, many corporations DO work like that, provide services and then you pay a bill. You use electricity, and then you get a bill for it. You don't pay *before* you turn your light on. You put something on a credit card, get it now, and then send in a monthly payment. So a vet sends an invoice to IMOM after treatment is completed, and IMOM remits payment promptly....and the vet has the letter of guarantee, so the amount is known. Maybe it would help you to read through the IMOM policies again. I am sure there are a ton of vets in the northern California area, yellow pages or an internet search should turn up some results for you. The IMOM Angels are doing an awesome job of raising funds for Paige (thank you Angels, for always going the extra mile for pets in need) - crossing paws that you can find a vet quickly, so IMOM can help you help Paige. Be sure and keep everyone in the loop - posting here so the Angels are informed, and writing to your IMOM caseworker at gf@imom.org. And please give sweet Paige hugs from all of us, we are all worried about her and would like to see her get fixed up quickly. Vicky M.

Miss Paige , where are u in the sf Bay Area. I live on the peninsula and we have some terrific vets. Many times in the past I have had no income and vets have taken care of my pet first, no questions asked and then taken payments. Can you find out just how much it would cost to have Paige's blood work done. That should give a very good idea of if this is infection or cancer. You have to do this like any other undiagnosed illness, one test at a time ..Christine

I'm glad Paige has been able to have some good moments today. Do we have any past IMOM cases that are anywhere in the area where Paige is? If there is a way to look that up, at least we'd know that the vet would definitely work with IMOM.

I can't believe the vet went back on his word to work with IMOM. I've had many treatments for animals in the past and the vet allowed me to pay after the treatment when it was time to take my fur-kids home... I should hope that most vets wouldn't change their policies because they are working with IMOM rather than expecting a credit card payment at the end...

Can anyone in the area help by pointing to a vet that will work with Paige and IMOM?

Karrie,

We gave her the names we had. Unfortunately, our vet list goes back to 1998 and practices/staff change hands over time. There is rarely any guarantee that a vet who worked with us before will work with us again because the management may choose not to for whatever reason. (There are a few vets we can always count on, but it's because we work with them frequently). If a vet decides against us, there is nothing we can do but suggest the applicant keep looking.

This is not the first time a vet has gone back on his word, either. They don't always read what they sign. There is no font large enough to make people read if they won't, I'm afraid. We are hoping someone has a suggestion of a rescue-friendly vet that would be willing to ask for and check our references, and help Paige today.

Cindy W/IMOM

I am going to ask someone who lives in Sacremento if they know of any vets that might be able to help Paige...

BUT, before I do I need to know what area Paige, Kathy and Melissa live in...perhaps a little more information than san francisco bay area...

and how far they are willing to travel

let's hope I can find out something.....I'll wait to get a location and distance they can travel before I contact my friend.

I'm just a hound dog, but I'm using the quote for pyometra and mammary tumors as the benchmark on costs in the local SF bay area. From what the vets are saying, it sounds like determination of whether Paige's lungs are being overtaken by cancer is the most critical first step. With $1000 + already raised, I would hope that with the IMOM guarantee of payment, there would be a vet willing to do the testing for that determination.

Knowing what the lungs are dealing with just seems so important, and we have to be ready to accept whatever bloodwork shows. Certain cancers follow certain pathways, just as they do in humans. I wish the mammary tumors weren't there.

Edited by Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry, you are a wise hound. I just went through this with a pet. I live in San mateo in the Bay Area and have a great vet in Menlo park. I would be more than happy to talk to him on Paige's behalf if he is within travel distance.

Christine, I hope that Kathy/Melissa comes to the forum soon and see your offer...I am going to copy it and post it here also...

Kathy/Melissa

please read this message...Christine has been a good friend to IMOM for a long time now and here is what she's written...please...take her up on her offer...

I live in San mateo in the Bay Area and have a great vet in Menlo park. I would be more than happy to talk to him on Paige's behalf if he is within travel distance.

Hi Kathy -Melissa and Paige

Please don't give up. IMOM just got my friend's kitty into surgery in record time. The IMOM Angels will come through for you. Please listen to Judy- she is not only a great cheerleader but helps everyone through the process.

If you have a friend who can help you post - the most important part (after finding a good vet) is Post-post-post

post pictures - baby pictures= any kind of pictures- tell us stories about your Paige-we love stories.

I had to take over for Freddy Freeway's Mom as she was overwhelmed as well.

Take a deep breath- remember the goal is to help Paige.

Check your emails and make sure to email IMOM at gf@imom.org

They don't seem to ever sleep - and Magic is always around watching over all the pets in need

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties (posting under Freddy Freeways' name)

First, very sorry to hear about Paige! Second, keep on going! I know it can be frustrating and such a feeling of helplessness when you feel as if you are trying so hard to help your baby and doors seem to keep closing on you. If you give up, you will miss the door that is open! All the Angels here and gone are behind you will all their support. (our pet Angels too!!) The hard work will pay off so keep your chin up and forget about the closed doors and focus on finding that door that is open! It is there! Keep everyone up to date as much as you possibly can. This can be challenging but the Angels worry as you become part of the family! To that end, let them hear you roar! Many prayers and positivity sent! Hope and Her Angels

We have not heard from Paige's family today. Dawn wrote to Kathy and Melissa this morning at 8:15am CDT asking for a speedy response but we have not heard back.

I wish we had an update for everyone - unfortunately, not.

Cindy W/IMOM

I know she is working hard to find a vet to help Paige BUT if she would check in first with IMOM and then the forum she would see that there are people in her area that might know a vet that can help.

We can only wait...BUT, I will be positive until I hear different that today is the day that Paige has gotten a vet.....

Christine offered to call her vet for Paige...I hope that Kathy/Melissa sees that...here is what Christine - cgerrans wrote to you:

"I just went through this with a pet. I live in San mateo in the Bay Area and have a great vet in Menlo park. I would be more than happy to talk to him on Paige's behalf if he is within travel distance."

Lack of communication has been a huge problem for us in trying to help Paige. Two of our volunteers have offered to make calls to vets. Twice we have asked for the names of the vets the owners have already called and so far we have no reply to that question.

I called the owner a few minutes ago and tried to make it clear that we cannot help if our emails are not answered. If we do not have the names of vets they have contacted soon we will have no options except to offer refunds to those of you who have so generously donated to help Paige.

It is heartbreaking to me that we have been unable to help. Helping animals is the reason we are here. :magicmoon:

Please hold Paige in your hearts.

The owners sent us the names of the vets they have already called. I am quite certain we will be able to find a vet tomorrow. I guarantee we will kept you updated as best we can.

Melissa and Kathy ~ Please don't shut us out. We've all fallen in love with Paige and offers of help are coming from all corners. Please give us an update and let us know how your girl is doing. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what you guys are going through right now.

Please keep in communication with IMOM and the Community Forum. We all care. You are not alone.

How is sweet Paige today?