Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Paige: dog with pyometra and mammary tumors

155 posts in this topic

FUND UPDATE - Paige still has $754 in donations and needs $1,318 more.

Paige now has a $100 Matching Challenge!!

Thank you Sue W.!!! Okay, folks, this would be an ideal time to make a donation, since your donation will be doubled! We haven't received any donations in a few hours, so *please* donate whatever you can. This pup is really sick, and she needs our help. If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and all your other social media sites, so we can get the word out about Paige. She's been sick for a while, and her Mom has been trying to find help.

If you can make a donation to Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Please let's help this pup. Thank you for your donations so far.

Did you see the photo of Miss Paige and her oxygen mask? She needs us now more than ever.....yesterday was a bad day for her breathing...after Melissa and her Mom got her stable they were able to figure out the forum and get some darn good photos up and postings.....

NOW, there is a matching challenge for the NEXT $100.00...so no donation is too small...everything is doubled...so it's a win win situation...

AND SPREADING THE WORD IS MOST IMPORTANT...please...let's see what we can do today.....

Hi Guys,

I'm really worried about Paige. She's having more problems breathing and that's not a good sign. Folks, you know how you feel when you're sick and you more or less understand it. Paige doesn't know what's wrong and why she can't breathe and why she's in pain. She must be so terribly scared. We can help her not be scared by getting her to all funds raised.

Please won't you make a donation, of any amount to help get her to her surgery? Share her story with your co-workers, friends and family. Share about her on Facebook and Twitter!

If you can help Paige, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

Edited by Sheila IMOM

I am getting so worried about this girl ... please let's get her to AFR.

These photos are GREAT...what a special girl we have here...AND what woman doesn't love to dress up...can you see the look on her face...she knows she's beautiful...

PLEASE, I just got done sharing Miss Paige's link on my Facebook page...can others do the same?? We need to get the word out there...

Kathy/Melissa...can you tell me how you came to call your sweet girl Miss Paige? We have a senior collie that we call Miss Grace...when I go home I'll post a photo of her...she's also 10 yrs. old.....

FUND UPDATE - Paige has $874 in donations and needs $1,198 more.

The $100 Matching Challenge has been met!

Thank you Sue W.!!! Send in your $!! Folks, Paige's condition is very serious, and she's struggling to hang on. Please help, if you can. This pup is really sick, and she needs our help. If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, and all your other social media sites, so we can get the word out about Paige. She's been sick for a while, and her Mom has been trying to find help.

If you can make a donation to Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

Please let's help this pup. Thank you for your donations so far.

This is another photo of poor Paige.

post-9302-0-94543400-1381779933_thumb.jp

Sue W. I am VERY WORRIED also...we are getting closer but really have a ways to go......

BUT, we can do it...

FUND UPDATE - Paige has $974 in donations and needs $1,098 more.

Poor Miss Paige - I'm so worried about her. I know this is quite a bit to raise quickly, but Paige's condition is is very serious and she needs to go into surgery as soon as possible. Please consider a donation or SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, and all the other social media sites, so we can get the word out about Paige.

If you can make a donation to Paige, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and note for "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

Thank you for your support!!!

Late this afternoon, we contacted Paige's vet to see what we could do to get Paige treatment as soon as possible. At that time, the vet let us know that they were most concerned with Paige's breathing and that the pyometra was a secondary concern for them. Paige has been on antibiotics and their initial exam did not show uterine horns full of fluid. They wanted to get Paige in today for additional tests to figure out what was going on with her lungs and if the mammary tumors had possibly metastasized into her lungs. The vet stated that Paige was coming in for an appointment this afternoon. We were not aware that Paige's family had made an appointment nor had we let the vet know that funds had been secured (since we were not at all funds raised). The committee quickly assessed the situation and decided that the initial tests needed to be done with the funds already raised in order to decide how to move forward.

We called the vet back to let them know to go forward with the tests and only then did they let us know they could not comply with IMOM's terms of payment. They have given Paige a referral to another vet in the area. We are stunned and saddened that Paige could not be seen today. We are working very hard to get Paige the treatment she needs. As soon as her family can find a vet to work with IMOM, we will move forward immediately with the initial tests.

Please keep Paige and her family in your thoughts - I can only imagine the confusion and concern they are experiencing now. Let's let them know that we are here for them and want so much to help them help Paige. This is teamwork and we need them to keep in contact with us through email.

We will keep you updated as soon as possible.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Oh dear. Thank you IMOM angels for working so hard on Paige's behalf.

Hang in there, Paige and family.

Oh, my gosh, how discouraging! I am praying a vet can be found very quickly to help Paige. It's a shame the vet's office had not made this decision earlier. :(

Praying for Paige and her family.

Judy G.

I am so shocked to read what is going on...I was busy after work and just came up to check in to see what had been going on since this afternoon...

I know that the volunteers at IMOM are so good...are there vets in the area that have worked with IMOM in the past and Miss Paige might be able to get in.....

I am so worried now.....Judy

I don't even know what to say.....unbelievable for Miss Paige...it sounds as if every thing is going in a way we don't want them to...but...I have FAITH it will turn around.....

Edited by Judy

All I know is that Miss Paige lives in the San Francisco Bay area...if she was in Ohio I could help with a vet...but not in California...

I know we aren't supposed to vet bash, and I love my vet, but honestly...they were so worried about her breathing, but they won't accept IMOM's terms, and then they refer her to a closed vet's office? They could have called the other vet to see if they would be open. This is heartbreaking...

Judy G.

Feel free to delete my post. Just had to vent. :(

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for Miss Paige tonight...and tomorrow I know that IMOM and Paige's Momma are going to do their very best to try to get Paige the help she needs.....

I think the waiting is what is the hardest...

Kathy/Melissa...I know that you are extremely stressed, worried and upset.....but...you must try to concentrate and focus.....

IMOM is going to be communicating with you via emails.....NOT here on Paige's fund raising page...SO MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR REGULAR EMAILS...and if you need to communicate with IMOM, you mail them at:

gf@imom.org

that is the quickest way to get in touch with them.....hang in there....be strong...I know it's hard right now.....

Edited by Judy

I am stunned and saddened that Kathy/melissa have been put thru the wringer as far as care for Paige.

I know first hand what it is like to see ur baby struggle to breath. Tucker uses an inhaler twice/day. My heart goes out to Kathy/Melissa and the heartbreaking night they will again go thru until a vets office opens.

I know this is incredibly disheartening, but maybe some of the load on Kathy/Melissa's shoulders can lighten if the funds for Paige keep coming in. Please help angels if u can--ANY amount.

Thanks angels!!

Kathy and Melissa...here is step 4 from the Financial Aid section....read it, it's what you need to show the vet...there are 3 things you need.....read the whole page and at the bottom it says click here to print the 3 forms...

IMOM Financial Aid

Step 4 - Three documents for your veterinarian

If your veterinarian has never heard of IMOM and is hesitant to work with our charity, please give them a copy of documents 1 and 2 as an introduction and explanation of our payment policies.

(1) Letter of introduction

Sometimes when a veterinarian has not worked with IMOM they might be hesitant. That is perfectly understandable as they know nothing about us. Our letter of introduction will tell them more about who we are and what we do.

(2) IMOM payment policy

Of course your veterinarian wants to know how and when they will get paid for the service they provide. This document provides them with the information they need.

(3) Veterinarian's Pet Information Form (VPIF)

The completed VPIF also gives our committee a better understanding of your pet's condition and the urgency of their illness or injury. The completed form can be sent either by you or your veterinarian. Our fax number is: 1-630-214-8952

Click here to download all three documents you need for your veterinarian. Remember - the Veterinarian's Pet Information Form (VPIF) has to be completed and faxed to IMOM. The completed form can be send either by you or your veterinarian. Our fax number is: 1-630-214-8952

Edited by Judy

SO WORRIED this morning...

Melissa and Kathy...you have us all behind you...I hope that helps and gives you strength...I am hoping that FIRST THING THIS MORNING you are going to be able to find that vet that will work with IMOM...AND get Miss Paige in to be seen.....

positive thoughts and prayers to you both and especially to Miss Paige, she needs to fight and stay strong