Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kyle imom

Paige: dog with pyometra and mammary tumors

155 posts in this topic

11/4/2013: Paige's owners became upset when IMOM would not pay for cremation. They deleted all of their posts so all you will see here are the posts from others.

Cremation is something IMOM never pays for.

Below is what remains of the topic.

All....please read this message.

Thursday - 10:47 AM - Eastern

We are not presently fund raising for Paige as we have no idea what is needed. We are waiting for a new estimate. I apologize for not posting this sooner.

Diagnosis: Pyometra and mammary tumors

Treatment: surgery

Low end of estimate: $2042.00

Owner contribution: $50.00

Needed for low end of the estimate: $1992

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $80

Our fund raising goal: $2072

Spayed/Neutered: No

Caseworker: Dawn/Jacki

FUND UPDATE: Paige has $1161 in donations

To make a donation for Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd

Please mark your donation for Paige Sparrow. You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Paige Sparrow.

paige_sparrow.jpg

Paige is a 10 year old Golden Retriever with open pyometra and mammary tumors. Pyometra is a very serious and life-threatening infection of the uterus. Her Vet wants to do surgery in just a few days, to save Paige's life. Mammary tumors will be removed at the same time.

Can you help IMOM raise the funds needed to save Paige?

Please mark your donation for Paige Sparrow. You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you!

Edited by Jacki IMOM
Edited to explain the absence of owners posts

Unfortunately, we've seen too many cases of pyometra at IMOM. But, when we are able to help a pet with this condition, we gain an opportunity to spread the word on the importance of spaying your pet. A sweet girl like Paige shouldn't have to suffer just because they need money for help. Let's help Paige's mom help her.

I'm also worried that Paige has mammory tumors on top of the pyometra - this poor girl.

As always - please SHARE!!!

Good Morning, Angels,

You know how much we hate Pyometra here at IMOM. It is one of the most painful diseases an animal can experience. On top of this poor Paige has mammary tumors as well. There is no reason for her to have to suffer like this if we can raise the money for her surgery.

Please Angels, every dollar counts! We can't let this poor sweetie suffer so! If you can't donate, share with your friends, family and social media contacts. If you're at work, share with your co-workers and maybe band together to make a group donation.

If you can donate, go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. Please mark your donation for Paige Sparrow. You can also use PayPal and send money directly to our PayPal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

Miss Paige is a beauty...and I have a soft spot in my heart for seniors.....

Let's see what we can do to get this girl fixed up.....

The State of Alaska has just sent every resident their annual Permanent Fund $$, so I'm feeling flush right now. I'm issuing a Matching Challenge for the next $100 that comes in.

We've got a long way to go so let's get out the word out. I'm cross-posting Paige's story on a couple of message boards that I enjoy. Won't you please do the same?

Lisa...you a true angel.....

A MATCHING CHALLENGE FOR THE NEXT $100.00

Miss Paige lives in California so I figure we'll see her Momma soon....you must remember that the forums are very confusing in the beginning.....

Let's surprise her.......we can have some funds donated....what a way to start.....

FUND RAISING UPDATE: AS OF 2:00 PM 10/13/13 Paige Sparrow has $380.00 in

Donations and needs $1,692.00

There is now a $100 Matching Challenge for Paige! Now is the time to donate! Make every dollar count! Your $2.00 becomes $4.00! Let's take Lisa's money! We have a long way to go to get Paige her life saving surgery! She is suffering as I type this and her owner says she's having trouble breathing. It's probably due to an infection from the Pyometra!

Please Angels, we have to get this sweet girl into surgery as soon as possible! Stay home and read the Sunday paper and donate your coffee or brunch money to Paige! Get on the computer or phone and tell your friends about this matching challenge! Share about Paige on Facebook and Twitter! Let's get this little Sparrow flying to All Funds Raised today!

If you can help, please go to: If you are able to help, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow".

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you Angels!

Sheila

Edited by Sheila IMOM

Sheila is right...now is the time to donate with the matching challenge....you don't have to think that your donation is too small, NOW it will be doubled.....

A "special" coffee can be close to $5.00.......brew yourself a cup at home...or have a nice cup of hot tea...it's rainy, cloudy and cool here in Ohio...a perfect day to stay home and watch football...and save a few $$$$$

that way Miss Paige can get ready for her surgery and be well again.....

IF you can't donate...please read her story...share it on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media you are on....SPREADING THE WORD IS MOST IMPORTANT...especially now with the matching challenge going on....share and ask your friends to do the same.....

Thanks, Judy! We need to help Paige get to All Funds Raised, or quite frankly, she will die. This is truly a life-threatening illness, and Paige needs our help! Right now, you can help save a life! Look at that sweet face! She should be curled up somewhere, enjoying her life. Instead, she's in pain, not knowing what to do, and why she can't get better.

Please, share her story and donate what you can! If you are able to help, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow".

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you for your consideration!

Lisa, you can send in your $100, the matching challenge has been met! Thank you to our donors who have made this possible, but we still have a long way to go! Paige has $180 (it will be more when Lisa sends in her $100) an needs $1,892 to be at all funds raised.

Angels, we need to get going for this girl! Please won't you consider a donation for this sweet girl?

Please go to: If you are able to help, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow".

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and note for "Paige Sparrow".

Thank you!

Lisa, you can send in your $100, the matching challenge has been met!

It's on its way.

This is amazing....Sundays are kind of quiet but it looks as if people are sharing and caring today.....YAY RAH.....

We need to work hard to make this happen....but the angels are always here.....

FUND UPDATE!

PAIGE NOW HAS $380 IN DONATIONS AND NEEDS $1,692.00

Yay! We're doing better Angels, but we have a long way to go! Thank you to the Angels who have helped so far, but we can do so much more! Please won't you consider making a donation.

If you are able to help, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow".

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient and note for "Paige Sparrow".

Thank you,

Angels - PLEASE can you help Paige - She is one sick pup and really needs our help. Remember, every donation of any size will add up and help Paige. I know it's the weekend, but we can do this. If you're unable to make a donation, please *share* on Facebook, Twitter, and all of your other social media sites.

If you are able to help, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow"

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige.

Thank you for your support!

I just love this picture of Paige!

post-9302-0-76189400-1381692767_thumb.jp

FUND UPDATE!

PAIGE NOW HAS $504 IN DONATIONS AND NEEDS $1,568.00

Angels, we have to work harder for this poor girl! She is suffering, and every day she's not in surgery, the closer she is to dying. We can't let her go this way! Please won't you consider even a small donation to help Paige.

Tomorrow is Monday. Get together with your co-workers and donate even Fifty Cents each and that would add up to a nice sum of money! Also, please remember to share with your social media contacts about Paige, that really helps!

If you can make a donation to Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow"

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you,

Paige's mom has been posting in the wrong place. Here's what Paige has to say about herself (by way of her mom):

"I'm full of life. I'm happy, healthy, eating, drinking and playing with my toys. I have an occasional arthritis flare up every now and then which causes me to walk a little slower. But I'm still me and I'm fighting this fight. My quality of life is good.

For me getting this surgery means a second shot at life. And I'm just now heading into Act III. The show must go on."

Paige is very verbose! She also has the will to live and is fighting the good fight! Let's help her with her fight IMOMers!

If you can donate, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow"

If you prefer, you can also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Please note for Paige Sparrow.

Thank you for your help, and please let's get Paige to All Funds Raised!

Oh YAY.....

IMOM angels...the forum is VERY CONFUSING in the beginning...I am so happy to read that Melissa is posting but just not in the right place.....

I am guessing she can't figure out how she got to the fund raising page in the first place...I hope she knows that funds are coming in.

Sheila, THANK YOU for finding her post.....

Well, haven't done this in a while, and this may be my last challenge for a while! But Paige really needs to have her surgery, so I am offering a matching challenge for $100.

Judy G.

FUND UPDATE - Paige has $754 in donations and needs $1318 more

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to wake up this morning and see the posts from Paige's family. It is very clear she is a loved family member. The IMOM Angels have also been hard at work and we're making good progress toward the goal.

I am very worried about Paige's health and would love to get her into surgery as soon as possible. I know the Angels have been very hard at work lately, but illness does not care about time or place and Paige needs us.

If you can make a donation to Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd to make a donation. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

Thank you for your care and support!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

YAY RAH.....Kathy and Melissa...I knew that you would get things figured out and you did a GREAT JOB!!!

Now, we can all work HARD TOGETHER to get Miss Paige the help she needs....

Hoping that last night and today will be a better day for our girl.....I couldn't wait to check in, I just knew that you would have had things figured out.....sending positive thoughts to Miss Paige and you all this morning.....Judy

I see Paige's family and the Angels have been busy overnight. $754! We're over a third of the way there! We're off to a *great* start, but we still have a little bit of work to do to get this sweet pup the surgery she needs.

Did you know: Golden Retrievers are in the top 10 of the most popular dogs in the U.S.? And, the AKC has them listed in 3rd place. They're highly intelligent, family-oriented, and loyal.

Please, please donate if you can to poor Page. She's very sick - a triple whammy: pyometra, mammary tumors, and respiratory problems. If you can make a donation to Paige, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow". Donations of ALL sizes add up and are so appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!

Yay for Paige and her family! Folks, this is serious! Paige is in trouble and needs us! It is clear that Paige is the world to her family and we HAVE to get her well! Please, please, please, make a donation to this sweet, sweet girl!

I don't have to remind you that we've never let a Pet In Need (PIN) down and we can't start with Paige. Miss Paige has lots of life left in her and we have to give her the chance to live it to the fullest. Drink your office coffee today and give the money you'd spend on that "mocha, jocha, half-caf, de-caf" to Miss Paige. Collect Fifty Cents from each of your co-workers and see how that adds up! No donation is too small!

If you can donate, please go to http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd. Designate your gift "Paige Sparrow".

Also, remember to share about her with your friends, family and social media contacts!

Thank you, Angels!