Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
CatPaws

Stormie Lu

26 posts in this topic

I lost my baby girl about an hour ago.

She is at peace, and I trust with AJ & Skeeter once more.

Shine On, Little One, and know I love you will all my heart. :rose:

Oh, Paula, I am in tears reading abt Stormie. I saw Stormie Lu's thread and my first thought is that u decided to give Stormie her own thread so we could help u through her journey...then I realized it was still in Loving Memory, and I just sat here not wanting to open the thread...

Paula we are here for u, although I know it's not going to take ur heartbreak away. We will still be here for u through ur journey, but in a different way.

My heart just aches for u. I am so very sorry.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Paula}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Paula,

I don't know what to say ...was just checking in to see how things went and found your posting. I am so so sorry about Stormie. Am sure AJ & Skeeter were there to greet Stormie ...as I'm certain Zoom too (she just loved cats!).

Run free Stormie and make sure to send your Mom a sign and some snuggles to help her get through this.

Am here for you however I can help my friend.

Susan, MisChief

& Angel Pin ZOOM

:animcnda_lg:

I am so very sorry to see this. Like everyone else, I was coming by to see how Stormie did with the surgery. My heart is breaking for you. Stormie knew she was loved all her life and I am sure she is with AJ and Skeeter and watching over you.

My sincerest sympathies for your loss.

Judy G.

Edited by Judy G

I am so sorry Paula...I know how much your heart must hurt.

I hope in the days to come you can find some comfort in your memories..and in knowing that she was yours and you loved her best.

Love,

Gab, Dove, Angels Layla & Nefertiti

Thinking about my little one. She was definitely not a morning dove, my lazy sleepy head. She'd stir long enough to determine whether it was a day I was staying home or going to work, and then stretch out further on my bed, claiming it for her own.

She was always accepting of every new foster that came through my door. Her change in this regard was how I knew something was wrong.

She and Skeeter more or less insisted to me that AJ had to stay. He had lived in a shelter for 6 years when I agreed to foster him for a rescue group. He'd been here about 4 days when it was time to go to our first adoption day. He ran behind the washer, and Stormie blocked one end and Skeeter blocked the other, and helped him to escape every time I tried to get hold of him. I asked Stormie, "You really like Smokey Joe (that was his name then)?" and she came over and rubbed against my leg. I asked AJ, "Are you ready to settle in to your home?" He came out of his spot behind the washer, and Stormie kissed him on his forehead. She must have used mental telepathy to let AJ know he was safe.

I went to help out at adoption day, and to let them know Smokey Joe was now AJ.

Stormie was a love bug, and I know that AJ probably kissed her on the forehead when she arrived at the bridge, to welcome her home this time.

Edited by CatPaws

Just thinking of you and hoping your other furbabies will help your heart heal....I "know" Stormie would want that.

Thank you! We are adjusting, but still missing "mama". She never had babies of her own, but treated all her "siblings" as a big (little) sister should.

Paula, I'm so sad to read about Stormie Lu. I'm so very sorry. I send sincere condolences and very, very big hugs to you.

Boy do I know the story of sleepy heads...Layla was the worst to get up in the morning. I would get up and tell her to get up, then I would shower and tell her to get up, get dressed and tell her to get up and usually by the time I got my shoes on, she would get up.

Stormie Lu sounds pretty amazing - thank you for sharing her with us. :heart:

Today our visiting kitty, Chubby Checkers, discovered Stormie's favorite crunchy toy. She'd hidden it away in a drawer under the futon where she liked to sleep on rainy days. The Pride all knew that particular toy was hers, and the only one she would not share willingly. In my mind I could hear that one particular protest sound Stormie would make to let me know someone had stolen that toy.

such sweet memories.

sending much love and hugs.

Cindy, They are sweet memories, and they will always be with me. I hope your sweet memories of Tucker will bring comfort to you.

Today I remember my friend, Claudia- as this is her birthday. Can't think about Claudia without thinking of how we laughed and laughed about how enamored Stormie Lu was with one of the bras Claudia wore during her chemo treatments. Claudia had broken her leg and had to stay at my place. She had a small suitcase and Stormie managed to open the lid, steal the bra, and rolled and rolled on it as if it was made of catnip. We'd put it back, and Stormie would steal it again.

Loving and missing my friend, and my baby girl.

I lost my baby girl about an hour ago.

She is at peace, and I trust with AJ & Skeeter once more.

Shine On, Little One, and know I love you will all my heart. :rose:

Hard to believe it has been a year already, Stormie Lu. I still love you with all my heart.

Stormie Lu ...please send your moma a sign letting her know you're still with her.

Hugs & Love to you and the Pride!