Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Princess Gullett - Pug with Pyometra

120 posts in this topic

Oh my.....I can't believe that $125.00 remains on the matching challenge...We really need to get this challenge met...once that is done we will be on the downhill for Princess.....

:Angel15: Princess is ill, it's nothing something that is going to go away without surgery...she is in pain and needs help...

I am serious...usually I like to have a good time on the forum but today I'm much more concerned than usual.....the week ends are quiet on IMOM, that's normal, but we need to get some momentum going.....PLEASE.....

Good Morning. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and help toward Sharon (my sister) and Princess (niece).

I know you are making a sacrifice by taking time out of your busy schedule and wallets to help Princess. She really is a sweet little dog. Right now she is helpless and wants to play and have fun as usual, but physically can't. This surgery will be her best chance at recovery. Sharon is very attached to her puppies and relies on them as a family member. The same way all of us do with our little ones. Thank you for helping.

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $457 in donations and needs $704 more.

There is still $65 left on the MATCHING CHALLENGE

Can we get this Matching Challenge met by the end of the afternoon? Then we will be into the homestretch for Princess!

If you wish to help Princess, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullett".

Please continue to SHARE about Princess - on Facebook, Twitter, or just the link to this forum - thank you for your support.

I just ran up to check on the matching challenge.....$65.00 left to go.....WE CAN DO THIS.....I KNOW IT!!!!!

Did you see the wonderful post from Princess's Aunt? They sound like such a sweet, sweet family.....and we need to get Princess back to her happy healthy self again.....she seems to be such a major part of the family.....

Thank you all so much for your generosity. I am overwhelmed by your kindness toward Princess. We very much so appreciate all of you. I don't want to lose my little pug. This surgery is her best chance to make her healthy and playful again.

Sharon.

Can you tell us stories about your girl? She sounds SO SWEET...

Does she have a favorite toy? What is her favorite thing to do? Does she like to ride in the car?

We all want her to be back to normal, doing the things she loves so much.....

Sharon - we are so glad you are here for your Princess. We are committed to helping you help her!

The Matching Challenge has been met!!! Feel free to send in those $$.

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $525 in donations and needs $636 more.

Let's get that momentum going!!!

If you wish to help Princess, please go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullett".

Please don't forget to SHARE about Princess - on Facebook, Twitter, or just the link to this forum.

Thank you!!!

YES.....that's what I wanted to see!!!!!

Now...with MOMENTUM anything can happen.....it's mid afternoon here in Ohio.....and I just know that we can keep the cheerleading up...can't we Dawn!!!!!

I'm SO EXCITED for Sharon and her Princess.....

You're right Judy! With MOMENTUM we can do this... now's the time to donate. All it takes is for each of us to find a bit to send in. There are many of us, and it can add up quickly.

Of course we can keep the cheerleading up - here in Maryland it's WAY too hot to go outside and it's much more rewarding to get the funds raised for Princess. :minichien6: This pup here doesn't have pom-poms, but he sure can shake his tail for Princess.

PLEASE - If you can help Princess, visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullett".

And remember to SHARE about Princess - on Facebook, Twitter, or just the link to this forum.

Thank you!!!

Dawn...nice cheerleading...our heat ended last night but over night our County got hit with horrific rains and winds...many, many folks had flooding in their basements as the sewers could not keep up with the water...we were extremely lucky we got some water on one side of the basement and just wet on the other...We have lived here 40 yrs. and this is the first time anything like that has happened.....

So...I am at home all day mopping the basement up so I have tons of time to cheerlead for Princess.....AND I KNOW WE CAN KEEP THINGS GOING.....

We have done GREAT and just have a little more to raise to make this little girl well again.....

Let's see what we can do.....

Thank again..........this is overwhelming. I had no idea there were so many angels out there. Princess, i'm sure, is very thankful. Although she may have second thoughts when the realization that she has to go back to visit the dr. on Monday hits her. But she will be extremely greatful after the succesful operation. She will be able to get back to playing with, jumping on, and giviing her big brother Cujo a well deserved tough time. She is very spry and playful. And with her pug snorting and snoring loud and clear we will all be happy.

Thanks again.

Judy - I'm so sorry about your basement - what a hassle. OK - here we go...

Two bits, four bits, six bits... a dollar... all for Princess stand up and donate!

Well, it doesn't rhyme, but I'm still cheering my heart out to get Princess the funds she needs for surgery on Monday morning.

EVERY dollar counts. Please consider a donation to Princess. Visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - please mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

Let's get this cheering thing going. Anyone else have a better cheer to give Princess? (can't be difficult doing better than my attempt).

Sharon - tell us more about Princess. We really do want to know all about your adorable little Pug!

Hi Everyone!

It's so nice to see that the Matching Challenge has been met! Yay! for the IMOM Angels! We are on the downhill slope now IMOMers! We can do this for Princess! Judy, sorry you had the flood in your basement, but so happy you're here as you always are for all of IMOM's PINs (Pets In Need)! You truly are an Angel! It is so hot here in NY I'm about to melt, but I'm sure I'm not as hot as that infection that's going through poor little Princess!

Angels, as her Uncle said, Princess wants to play, but she can't because of her illness. The only thing that's going to make her well is the surgery! Please, won't you see your way to helping her become her old, playful self again. Every dollar matters! Please don't think your donation will be too small. All donations are gratefully accepted!

If you wish to help Princess please Visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - please mark your donation for Princess Gullett. Our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and not that your donation is for Princess Gullett.

Thank you, Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

WooHoo - here's something to cheer about! :bravo:

FUND UPDATE: Princess has $725 in donations and needs $436 more!

We can do this - even if I do have to come up with another lame cheer (if you haven't noticed I'm not good at rhyming).

Please consider a donation to Princess - http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - please mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

Thank you!!!

OK...let's see what we can do to keep the momentum going.....

$436.00 needed to get to all funds raised.....

that is a VERY DOABLE AMOUNT...can we work in smaller increments? Will that help?? How about working on another $100.00???

We can do that can't we? Let's see if we can do that before Sheila, Dawn and I hit the sack for the night...now, remember...we all go to bed early...so...let's get busy and share, share, share.....

I like Judy's goal. Let's see what we can do. $100 before the early birds go to bed. This is possible!

Please consider a donation to Princess - http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - please mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

Here's a cheer for you Dawn: "Hip, hip, hip hoo-ray, let's get surgery for Princess today!" We're getting there Angels, but we have a ways to go! We MUST get the funds for Princess tomorrow, so we can guarantee to her vet that we have the funds for her surgery! Please, let's help this little Princess! All donations are greatly appreciated and donations of any size are welcome!

If you wish to help Princess please Visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd - please mark your donation for "Princess Gullett". Our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your donation is for "Princess Gullett".

Thank you, everyone!

Sheila :catonchair

I'm afraid that my rhymes aren't the best either, BUT that doesn't mean I won't be giving 110% of my cheerleading efforts to Princess.....

Did you read she has a brother Cujo?? How cute is that.....Princess and Cujo...and Sharon writes that Princess is in charge.....we need to get her well again so she can continue ruling the roost!!!!!

Please, angels...$436.00 is keeping her from surgery.....I have been one of IMOM's cheerleaders for a long, long time and we have always been there for a pet in need.....and, I know that we will be for Princess.....

Edited by Judy

We will continue cheerleading for little Pug Princess. I'm calling it a night, but will be back bright and early. We need to get $436 more for Princess tomorrow. Surgery must happen on Monday - the vet does not think it is safe to wait any longer. Please... I am not above begging. This little one needs our help.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

I'm right behind Dawn...and I know that Princess is going to be in my prayers tonight...please.....please...I'm with Dawn, I'm not beyond begging.....

Monday is just around the corner...if we can get $100.00 in by morning...I know that we can make it happen.....

So...even if you can't donate...that's alright, but please, please SHARE and ask your friends to do the same.....Princess has a wonderful family that loves her...and an amazing vet clinic that is working hard for her also.....they even were posting for Sharon before she got to a computer....you can't ask for more than that...can you??

Let's join Judy in her mop up and see if we can get this remaining amount mopped up and in the bank for Princess.

Mop Up,

Fill the Cup

for this pretty Little Pup

We need to apologize for not keeping up with all of your kind thoughts and donations. We are currently dealing with a power outage from last nights thunder storms. Please know we are overwhelmed by your generosity. Thanks so much. We will get back on line as often as we can. Thank you!

Diagnosis: Pyometra,

Low end of estimate: $1116

Owner contribution: funds spent for initial treatment

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $45

Our fund raising goal: $1161

Spayed: Will be at time of surgery

Caseworker: Dawn

Princess has $725 in donations and needs $436 more as of 5:30 PM EST 7/20/13

If you can help Princess, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullet"

post-9479-0-67757300-1374179816_thumb.jp

Princess Gullett is a 9 year old Pug. When she first came to us, the vet suspected that she had pyometra and bladder stones. She had had an exam and radiographs, but needed additional blood work and a urinalysis to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks to the generosity of the donors to the general fund, IMOM was able to pledge an initial $180 to get these tests completed. The vet then let us know that yes indeed, Princess has pyometra but her stones hopefully can be managed through diet. However, Princess still needs a hysterectomy. Right now, Princess is on antibiotics, but it is only a matter of time – the vet says she can only wait until Monday morning and they have surgery tentatively scheduled for then.

Here’s what Princess’ mom has to say about her little girl:

Princess is such a loving, easy-going, and cheerful dog. She has become a part of my family, and I couldn't imagine my life without her and her loud snoring. She is always the one to tell me when it's time to go to bed, even when it's way too early. And I haven't stopped scratching her belly for her ever since I got her three years ago from a woman who was moving away and wouldn't take her with”.

You can read the introduction Princess’ mom wrote here http://bit.ly/12Xh60o.

Please help Princess get surgery as soon as possible. Just a reminder: We appreciate your donations of any amount. Any and every dollar will help get Princess to surgery. I will keep you updated as funds come in.

To Donate go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Princess Gullett

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

I really do hope that Princess gets enough funds to help cure her. My aunt is her owner and she loves Princess like her own little daughter. I think my aunt will be soo lonely without her little girl Princess.

We can do this - $436 is doable, but we only have Sunday to do it.

Please share on all your social media sites - Facebook, Twitter, etc. The more people who know, the sooner we can get to "All Funds Raised" so this little Princess can have her surgery Monday. She's really sick, and it can't wait past Monday.

Thank you all for your donations so far!

Jamie.K

Edited by Jamie K. - IMOM