Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Princess Gullett - Pug with Pyometra

120 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Pyometra,

Low end of estimate: $1116

Owner contribution: funds spent for initial treatment

4% for IMOM operating expenses: $45

Our fund raising goal: $1161

Spayed: Will be at time of surgery

Caseworker: Dawn

Princess has $1086 in donations and needs $75 more!

as of 3:40 PM EST 7/21/13

If you can help Princess, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullet"

post-9479-0-67757300-1374179816_thumb.jp

Princess Gullett is a 9 year old Pug. When she first came to us, the vet suspected that she had pyometra and bladder stones. She had had an exam and radiographs, but needed additional blood work and a urinalysis to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks to the generosity of the donors to the general fund, IMOM was able to pledge an initial $180 to get these tests completed. The vet then let us know that yes indeed, Princess has pyometra but her stones hopefully can be managed through diet. However, Princess still needs a hysterectomy. Right now, Princess is on antibiotics, but it is only a matter of time – the vet says she can only wait until Monday morning and they have surgery tentatively scheduled for then.

Here’s what Princess’ mom has to say about her little girl:

Princess is such a loving, easy-going, and cheerful dog. She has become a part of my family, and I couldn't imagine my life without her and her loud snoring. She is always the one to tell me when it's time to go to bed, even when it's way too early. And I haven't stopped scratching her belly for her ever since I got her three years ago from a woman who was moving away and wouldn't take her with”.

You can read the introduction Princess’ mom wrote here http://bit.ly/12Xh60o.

Please help Princess get surgery as soon as possible. Just a reminder: We appreciate your donations of any amount. Any and every dollar will help get Princess to surgery. I will keep you updated as funds come in.

To Donate go to: http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Princess Gullett

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

I have a soft spot in my heart for small dogs with big snores! Donation sent.

Angels - Princess' mom only has access to the computer at the library and is going to have a difficult time getting on a computer and posting to the forum. But that in no way lessens the need that Princess has for our help. I just know we have a lot of PUG LOVE!

To help Princess with a donation, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd Please mark your donation for Princess Gullett

You can also use pay pal and send money directly to our paypal address at: paypal@imom.org Please be sure to mark your donation for Princess Gullett.

**FUND UPDATE: Princess $25 in donations and needs $1,136 more as of 6:15 p.m. EST.**

Thank you so much, Angels, for your donations so far!!

Please Angels - help us save Princess. We're off to a great start, but we have a ways to go. Princess really needs to be able to have surgery Monday. Please donate now if you can!! If you're unable to donate, please share on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Sharing is just as important, because it gets the word out to more folks.

If you can help Princess, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our Paypal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullet"

Thank you so much, Angels!

Jamie.K

Pyometra is a dreaded disease and no female dog should ever have to suffer from it. Let's all help Princess to get through this. I cannot stand the thoughts of any pup having to suffer - for any reason.

In honor of three wonderful pugs who snored their ways into our hearts- Homer, Lilly and Sophie - a little something to help Princess.

I hope that when Princess's Momma gets to the library we will have some wonderful posts for her to read. I am sure that she is stressed and feels alone so we need to let her know that we are here to support her and Princess...

We have until Monday to make surgery happen and I just know that we can do it.....I just got done sharing her thread on my facebook page...and I hope that everyone that reads about Princess does the same...

Please, let's work hard to make this happen.....she can have surgery on MONDAY.....

Princess's Momma did post this over on the Introduction thread...you can just read how much she loves her...I copied and pasted this so you can read a little about her before her Momma gets to the library.....

"Dear IMOM Community,

My 9-year-old pug Princess is my best friend and my family, and she is in trouble. Since she was given to me 3 years ago, she has made my world so much happier - even with her snoring! I can't imagine my life without her.

Last Saturday, she began to bleed very heavily from her you-know-what. I went to an emergency clinic, and they told me that because I could not pay, they basically could not help, but they gave me some amoxicillin for her and told me she needed to be x-rayed. I called around to a few different clinics. Some told me to spay her, some to euthanize her, others to surrender her to a shelter.

After my brother (THANK YOU SO MUCH WALLY!) loaned me a little money to pay for x-rays, I finally was able to go to a veterinarian to get them done. What they found - not only does Princess have bladder stones, but her uterus is enlarged. On top of that, she now has discharge coming from her uterus. The doctor believes she has pyometra/pseudo pregnancy in addition to the bladder stones and believes that we need to do a cystotomy and a hysterectomy. I'm unable to work and cannot pay for blood tests and urine tests to figure out exactly what Princess needs, so I'm just waiting to hear from IMOM on what they can help me out with.

I can't lose her, but I do not want to see her suffer. She needs treatment as soon as she can get it. She puts me to bed and wakes me up in the morning. She's my everything."

This was posted before the diagnosis was made and as was posted the bladder stones can be controlled with diet...so right now we need to worry about the pyro.....and we all know how dangerous that can be...

Dear IMOMers,

As Jacki said, Pyo is a horrible disease and without treatment can cause death. Princess is a much loved little pug! We can't let her suffer and she really needs this surgery. Tomorrow being Friday, I know you'll all be busy making week-end plans. Won't you include helping Princess in those plans?

It has been so HOT here on the East Coast and those nice cool beverages sound great -- but instead of buying those expensive thirst quenchers, how about sticking with ice cold water and giving the money to Princess?

She is tentatively scheduled for surgery on Monday, but that won't happen if we don't have the funds in time. Won't you please consider a donation of ANY size? Every dollar helps and is appreciated.

If you can help Princess, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullet"

Thank you Angels!

Sheila :catonchair

**FUND UPDATE: Princess $82 in donations and needs $1,079 more as of 4:45 AM EST**

Angels - please help us help this adorable Pug. Princess has to have surgery on Monday. Please donate if you can!! If you've donated or are unable to right now please don't forget to SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, etc. We need to get the word out about Princess!

Thank you for all you do for the PINs

Okay, my two furkids, Taco and Stanley, reminded me that one of my regular pet sitting clients for overnight stays was a pug named Precious. She used to snore really bad, too, and if I got too comfortable at the house I would find myself napping right along with her. So Taco and Stanley want me to give a donation but I want the most bang for my buck. As such, I'll issue a matching challenge for $100.00 in order to double what I'm trying to do. Sounds like a good plan to me!

You all know I love small dogs dearly and contribute whenever I can, but I don't understand some of the vet fees I see here. I have worked as a vet tech and am currently helping out in rescue. Over the past 18 months, I have had four rescue dogs needing emergency pyo spays -- Pug, Pug mix, Boston Terrier, and Chihuahua -- and each of them cost less than $800, including the safest anesthetics and all the latest high-tech monitoring devices (I am a stickler for safety). So I have to wonder....over eleven hundred dollars....is it possible that some vets are padding their fees when they know an organization is guaranteeing to foot the bill?

Woo Hoo - A MATCHING CHALLENGE for $100 sounds like a GREAT plan to me too.

Angels - we need to get these funds raised for Princess - we know how serious pyometra can be and we need to get her in to surgery on Monday. You saw from her mom's introduction that they thought Princess had bladder stones as well. These can be managed with diet, but Princess must have the surgery for the pyometra. This little Pug is going through a lot of health issues now - let's reach out to her and offer our support.

Edited by Dawn IMOM

Michele - I hear you and wish the estimate was lower as well. I wish the costs we fund raise for were up to us, but they are not. We have asked the vet to give us every possible discount to lower the cost as much as possible. This is the best they could do (I'm a stickler for asking for every discount possible). Thank you for caring about the small puppers as much as I do.

Good Morning, IMOMers! It is already 85 degrees here in New York and it promises to be over 100 today! I know it is probably hot where you are as well. But we need to stop worrying about keeping cool and start worrying how we're going to get Princess at all funds raised! She really needs our help! Pyometra is painful and deadly! No dog should have to suffer with this horrible disease!

Michelle, I hear you when you talk about the costs of vet fees, but that's why IMOM exists, to help those, who can't help those they love. You have to remember too, that IMOM helps people from all over the country and vet fees vary from place to place, let alone from state to state. I hope that looking at the fees doesn't scare anyone off. Be assured that IMOM asks for any and all considerations from the vets and practice managers when possible.

But right now, we have to think of Princess and how much she really needs this surgery. Please consider donating and if you can't donate, share with your friends, your family, and your co-workers. Another good way of sharing is posting about Princess on your Facebook page and on Twitter.

Right now there is a matching challenge going on and you can really make your dollars count! $1 becomes $2, and $2, becomes $4 and so on until the challenge is met. Please, every dollar really does count and right now we're counting on you to help Princess and her Mom!

Thank you!

If you can help Princess, please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullet"

Edited by Sheila IMOM

I'll take some of Elwen's matching challenge in memory of Simon, a very special pug. :)

Judy G.

Thank you to everyone who has helped Princess thus far!

My name is Shelby, and I am currently posting on behalf of Princess's mom because she is not able to do so at the moment. I am a receptionist at the veterinary hospital Princess is to have her pyometra surgery performed at come Monday. Monday MORNING. We are putting off the surgery until then for one reason - to raise money for Princess. If money were not an issue, Princess would be in recovery by now. I can only hope you understand the urgency of Princess's case.

I have helped Sharon (Princess's mom) as much as I possibly can through the IMOM application process, and I am so worried and scared that this wonderful woman and her hilariously cute pug will not get help in time! Luckily, Sharon does have a cell phone that her family helps her to pay for, so I am able to contact her easily and update her with everything IMOM. She is unable to get to a computer unless she goes to the library, and she's never really used the internet, so it's not the easiest world to navigate for her.

Yesterday IMOM graciously pledged the money for diagnostics for Princess. We were able to test her urine and run some bloodwork. The doctor made the decision to run the tests in-house rather than send it out to a lab because we don't have time to wait around for lab results. What we found - Princess is showing signs of anemia and infection (but we already expected that given the pyometra). Luckily, the bladder stones found in the radiographs taken last week are struvite stones, so they are dissolvable with a special diet. It is an expensive diet, but that's the least of our worries right now. After looking at the bloodwork, the doctor decided to schedule Princess's surgery for Monday, the soonest we can given the time we need to fundraise, and the latest we can given Princess's running clock.

I've attached a photo of Sharon, Princess, and two children Sharon watches for her neighbor. Although she isn't their grandma, they call her "grandma", and they were so eager to tell me everything they know about Princess and the irregularities in her behavior as of the last few days. I think that attests to both Sharon and Princess's character and their easy-going, lovable shared spirit.

post-22953-0-75381000-1374241963_thumb.j

FUND UPDATE: Princess $132 in donations and needs $1,029 more as of 10:15 AM EST 7/19/13

There is still $50 left on the MATCHING CHALLENGE

You can see from Shelby's description how special a situation this is. Princess and her mom are in need of our help, and she must have surgery on Monday. Please donate if you can!! Please also don't forget to SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, etc. We need to get the word out about Princess! If you are sitting inside today to avoid the heat, you can spend some time making sure everyone hears about Princess.

Thank you!

Shelby, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all that you are doing for Sharon and Princess...

I can't imagine how stressed Sharon is right now...worried about her girl...knowing that is quite serious...and not being computer friendly...WE are here to help...

IMOM angels...Princess is in great hands...she has a Momma who loves her...a vet clinic that is going above and beyond to help make sure that surgery can happen...can WE help? Sharing and spreading the word is MOST IMPORTANT...can you share on Facebook? Ask your friends to do the same and if you Twitter...PLEASE TWEET.....

WE can do this...look at that little girls face.....

THERE IS STILL $50.00 LEFT ON THE MATCHING CHALLENGE...let's get the amount needed UNDER $1,000.00.....PLEASE

Edited by Judy

Everyone,

Princess and Sharon must be very special to have the staff at the vet's office trying to help raise the funds needed for Princess's surgery! Let's show Princess how special we think she is by getting her to "All Funds Raised" before the day is over! I know we can do this! You can down-size on lunch today, skip a snack, and donate that money to Princess and we can reach that goal!

Pugs are such funny little dogs and just looking at them can make you laugh! Sharon says that Princess's snoring wakes her up, how funny is that? Let's make sure that Princess is around for a long time to keep Sharon on her toes!

Seriously, this poor little dog is in pain, and is suffering. We need to get her into surgery as soon as possible. In fact, Shelby wrote that the surgery should have happened already, but the doctor gave us a couple of days to raise the funds needed. We have actually, only until Sunday night to make sure Princess can be in surgery on Monday.

Please, open your hearts and your pocket books for Princess Gullett. To donate, please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Princess Gullett", or our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullett"

Thank you so much, Angels,

It touched my heart to learn that Princess snores. I have a cat that snores as well and it has become like a lullaby to me. I can't imagine what my life would be like if that music was forever silenced.

Princess will be suffering all through this weekend. Don't let her suffering be in vain. Let's make sure that funds are in place for her life-saving surgery on Monday. Please visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and give whatever you can. Be sure to mark your gift "Princess Gullett" or you may donate through PayPal at paypal@imom.org and note that your gift is for "Princess Gullett."

Thank you so much for every nickle, dime, dollar and kind wish!

Hi Dawn, I just donated $50 to Princess,but didn't see the field on the form for entering her name. Could you make sure that donation gets credited to her, please? Thanks!

All best,

Michele

Thank you Michele - whenever you have a question about a donation, you can always send an email to treasurer@imom.org.

and...FUND UPDATE: Princess $182 in donations and needs $979 more as of 12 noon EST 7/19/13

The MATCHING CHALLENGE has been met - feel free to send in those funds!

I see the forum is starting to get lively - I'm glad to see the activity. Keep me busy today counting those donations. I want to see us moving toward the AFR nanners. I know we can do this for this sweet little snoring Pug.

Again - don't forget to SHARE on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I'm going to keep harping on this! Make sure everyone hears about Princess.

Thank you!

Edited by Dawn IMOM

It's Shelby again and I just spoke with Sharon - she says Princess is following her around grunting and snorting after her as she usually does, but she is very obviously not herself, and she hasn't been for at least a week. We cannot prolong this! We really cannot. The sooner we raise this money, the sooner we can help Princess and better her health.

Sharon told me that last night she tried to collect cans in order to raise awareness and money for Princess. Unfortunately, it was not all that fruitful, but she is trying so hard! All of her family is in on this posting on Facebook, and even a few in the forum, so we are spreading the word! Please, don't stop at Facebook and Twitter - if you have Instagram, go for it. If you don't have Instagram but your child does, get them to go to my Instagram, "she_wehner", and repost the picture I put up of Princess and Sharon just now with all of the same hashtags and more.

As soon as one of her siblings is available, Sharon is going to make it to their home so they can help her post and navigate the site. I'm sure you are all itching to hear from her directly!

Here's another picture I took yesterday when Princess was in the clinic. I could not get her to look at me... not even with treats. Her eyes were on Sharon the entire time! It was so sweet and also meant I could only get blurry pictures.

post-22953-0-05247800-1374250542_thumb.j